Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Oh man, that landlord plaintiff was such a typical Nice Guy. Hell yes, he thought that if he bailed out the defendant, got her a new car, etc., she'd start sleeping in his room instead of holing up with a boyfriend every now and then. He seemed so eager to prove to JJ and the world what a Nice Guy he was, and then as soon as JJ wasn't having it, his whole demeanor changed (right into the hallterview). It was actually rather chilling.

• Love 12

I had to skip the Double Baby Daddy, and just skimmed the two stupid teenagers who thought it was a great idea to have a baby when neither of them have real jobs, only one of them even graduated high school and both got kicked out of Grandma's house. I felt so rewarded with the next two cases: "Randy!" Randy, what's up with you? Y'know, when I was in my 20s I lived in an apartment. My landlord was a man and I was WAY cuter than the drunk driving def, yet my landlord never once offered to get me a 20K car. *sigh* Randy, dressed in a rather nice jacket and tie, is a complete nutcase who gives off a very weird, creepy vibe. Doesn't he know he can hire a top-rated hooker at the Bunny Ranch and it wouldn't cost him anywhere near 20K AND he wouldn't have to bail her out of jail? Drunk def is 29 years old and knew just what she was doing. She's lucky she didn't end up being walled up in his basement or something. 

I wish the hustla fake attorney case had been longer. I love scamming professionals cases. OTOH, when people decide to do their legal and financial business on FACEBOOK, I guess it's "buyer beware."

• Love 11
1 hour ago, augmentedfourth said:

Oh man, that landlord plaintiff was such a typical Nice Guy. Hell yes, he thought that if he bailed out the defendant, got her a new car, etc., she'd start sleeping in his room instead of holing up with a boyfriend every now and then. He seemed so eager to prove to JJ and the world what a Nice Guy he was, and then as soon as JJ wasn't having it, his whole demeanor changed (right into the hallterview). It was actually rather chilling.

He sure went from saintly good guy willing to help his tenant to scary dude fast. When he saw JJ wasn't buying what he was selling he came awful close to slamming the table. At that point I got really interested in exactly what was in that police report he offered up to prove the tenant went off in the kitchen, breaking bottles and putting holes in the walls. Who wants to bet all the police report said was what he told the cops? 

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I wish the hustla fake attorney case had been longer. I love scamming professionals cases. OTOH, when people decide to do their legal and financial business on FACEBOOK, I guess it's "buyer beware."

I have mixed feelings about the scamming not professional.  I recently started a new business of a home based travel agency.  I have joined several neighborhood online groups precisely because I want to promote myself and my business.  I'm joining my local Chamber of Commerce as well, and think of online groups as a modern version of that.

However, for something like a doctor or lawyer, I'd like an actual referral from someone I knew. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Hyundai. Hyun-dai. Not Hon-Day. Idiot. You looked smarter than that, too, but it might just have been the glasses.,

Was there another Hon-day driver on today? There was a Hon-day driver on a few weeks ago, too!

That defendant totally took advantage of Nice Guy(tm) Landlord, BUT, he totally set himself up for that. No sympathy here.

I just could NOT with the teen loan/rent/car case and the Double Baby Mama drama. Fake attorney at least wasn't the usual nonsense. (ETA:) And we got an "It is what it is" ! An admission of guilt in JJ land!

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

This one might have been a rerun, I'm not sure. Was the last Hon-Day plaintiff a blond girl with glasses suing her weaselly ex-boyfriend?

If it was today, the cars were an Audi, for sure, and I think a Subaru.  19-year-old boyfriend "flips" cars, to make money.  She loaned him $700 to buy a car and had texts to back up her claim that he agreed to repay her. 

She wanted an additional $500 for another car (I think a Subaru) which he was going to flip and she'd get back the $500 plus half the profit from the sale.  She couldn't prove the $500 so she left with the $700.  This was the couple that lived with his grandma until she kicked them out for fighting.

He was kinda weaselly but looked better (almost human) when he smiled.

• Love 1

Seems there are always folks out there, looking for a "mark" to take advantage of.

He offered to take out the loan for the 20K car after knowing her eight weeks (which I believe is some kind of record even for this show) and she said "Okay." In the words of so many grifting, amoral litigants: "Who wouldn't?"

• Love 3

*small voice*  It is pronounced Hun-day.  I bought mine new and that's how the dealer pronounced it and I went on line last night just to check and it is Hun-day not die.

Yeah creepy 'Nice Guy' landlord who "just like to help people out, Judge.  That's what I do".  I wonder if he would  have done the same for a 50 yr old balding, chubby guy.  I...think not.  He sure did go all Norman Bates at the end.  JJ:  "It's over"  CNGL:  "It's not over" in a rather chilling voice.  Total 180.  If I were her I would move a couple states away....quickly.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

This one might have been a rerun, I'm not sure. Was the last Hon-Day plaintiff a blond girl with glasses suing her weaselly ex-boyfriend?

I watched it last night and am pretty sure it's a different Hon-day driver. I can never be too sure about these cases - sometimes they all meld together like that gross ball of Play Doh that contains all the colors. 

Maybe Hon-day is the new "conversate?" 

20 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

and the car dealer said his credit was so stellar he didn't need a down payment (Funny. I have "exhuberant amounts of credit" but Toyota still wanted a down payment from me!? Why, Toyota? WHY?) 

What he really meant was his credit was in the cellar and so that car was going into the sell/repo cycle John Oliver covered recently.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

Apparently both JJ episodes today include dogs.  I'm out.

"No dogs were harmed in the filming of this episode."  One was a dog bite with a remarkable 10-year-old boy.  He answered the questions, didn't seem overly rehearsed, and his dad could have taken lessons -- dad kept interrupting when there was no need.  The other dog case was a misunderstanding about puppies being exchanged for money. 

The two other cases were so boring, I fast-forwarded and don't know how they turned out.  Guy has his house fumigated, the tent over the house damaged a fence, which fell on a neighbor's car.  She sued for the $500 deductible.  And the last case featured two women with very convoluted stories about payment for publicity for "mugicians" (plaintiff had a slight speech impediment) and identity theft, or theft of intellectual property, or some such bullshit.  Both parties were ridiculous.

• Love 1

watch Pink Shirt step over the body like I used to do when my toddlers threw temper tantrums back in the day. 

Still laughing at this one!  I do know that is true, my mom used to do that.

Brattinella, now my "stepover" child has a "stepover" of her own. I can hardly control myself when this kid (who just turned one)  slowly lowers himself onto the ground and has a hissy fit. Payback is indeed satisfying. 

OMG what a righteous Captain Save-A-Ho! 

Every time I see one of these yahoos who are so altruistic (ironically to pretty young things, where's the love for the ugly girls y'all?) I heard damn Dr. Phil's Texas accent in mah brain saying "What'll y'all getting out of this?" Although on JJ it should be changed to "What'll y'all THINK you're going to get out of this?" 

And she used Fakakta again. .  my favorite Yiddish word - where are all my Fakakta fans on here?!?!

• Love 9

What, no sympathy for Chrissy Fischetti, the world famous artist promoter, whose identity was "stoled"  and her reputation "deframed" by her evil nemesis Julienne Beshere?  Neither one of these Link'd In wonderwomen with their madd PR and A&R skillz looked like they could find their way through a regular telephone book.

• Love 14

What, no sympathy for Chrissy Fischetti, the world famous artist promoter, whose identity was "stoled"  and her reputation "deframed" by her evil nemesis Julienne Beshere?  Neither one of these Link'd In wonderwomen with their madd PR and A&R skillz looked like they could find their way through a regular telephone book.

I started to watch this then had to stop when I heard that the world famous "pro bono" promoter with 300 clients she's helped, lives on her husband's earnings and is disabled due to domestic abuse. I'll get back to that when my head stops spinning.

Every time I see one of these yahoos who are so altruistic (ironically to pretty young things, where's the love for the ugly girls y'all?)

She wasn't that pretty. She looked rode hard and put away wet for only 29 years old. Plaintiff must have been at the tail end of a serious dry spell.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

I started to watch this then had to stop when I heard that the world famous "pro bono" promoter with 300 clients she's helped, lives on her husband's earnings and is disabled due to domestic abuse. I'll get back to that when my head stops spinning.

Oh GOD.  Miss Fischetti scared the hell out of me!  But I could hardly look away! She hired the plaintiff to be her publicist, for no pay?  Hmm.

• Love 5

Oh GOD.  Miss Fischetti scared the hell out of me! 

Just watched the rest of this. Between marvelling at the "mujicians" (musicians who perform magic tricks?) and being "deframed" (does the abused Ms. Fischetti have her portrait hung in some sort of hall of fame?) I couldn't help thinking some horse in Central Park is missing a tail that somehow ended up glued on Fishchetti's pro bono head.

a remarkable 10-year-old boy.  He answered the questions, didn't seem overly rehearsed, and his dad could have taken lessons -- dad kept interrupting when there was no need. 

High-pitched, overly excitable Dad was annoying in the extreme. I have no idea what information he felt he needed to add.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Brattinella said:

*added small voice It IS pronounced Hun-day, per all the dealership commercials I see every day*

Oh, girl, I know. Hun-day, yes, Hon-day - no! 

Christine Fischetti is my new favorite person ever! Between her and her missing link friend, I can't imagine their texts aren't being blown up by the likes of Beyoncé, Kanye, and Taylor Swift right about now. 

But I gotta wonder -- those two were a verbal gaffe fest the likes of which I've never heard. Sure, you hear a "deframed" every so often, but it's like they misused every other word that came out of their mouths. Maybe this was some high-end put on? Nah. Those two looked as pork stupid as they sounded.

OH! And Missy Link used the phrase, "promoting social work." Was she spreading altruism to some unfortunates on Twitter? 

2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Hmm... that's odd. It's not blocked for me. She has no choice but to report FB to the BBB.

I can see it too, but it specifies at the top of the page that the visible posts are public ones. Maybe she's got a bunch of others that are for friends only?

Also, she spelled 'entertainers' with a fucking apostrophe. I hate that.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I can see it too, but it specifies at the top of the page that the visible posts are public ones. Maybe she's got a bunch of others that are for friends only?

Also, she spelled 'entertainers' with a fucking apostrophe. I hate that.

Careful!  She'll sue you on JJ for deframing her spelling ability.

• Love 4

She also writes "you're" when she means "your".  English teachers need to spend a lot more time on contractions and possessives.  There, their, they're, its and it's. 

"Had went" is another one that bugs me.  And "I seen".  Gah!

That publicity poster was fugly, but at least everything was spelled correctly.  She probably stoled it from someone.

• Love 5

"pork stupid"....bwah....Giant Misfit, I had never heard that one before.  Gonna use it!  Even tho pigs are quite intelligent critters.

I heard that "deframed", too.  I always look for the word mangle of the day.  Those two were a pair all right.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

The deframed defendant's FB show page says she's from NY, NY.  That's how she has so many clients in "the industry."

Let me guess, there's the girl at the deli, the dude that delivers Chinese, her stylist at the salon... oh yeh, even the doorman/comic who always has a new joke when she walks by, ah just so many clients.

• Love 4

Mrs. Changed the Story on the Dog Bite Mechanism's husband's halterview - "yeah, just want money."

His kid was bitten, will have a permanent scar, and had pain and suffering.  You and your Mrs., on the other hand, had a bullshit story that wasn't believable.  If it was all about money, buttercup, they'd have taken your ass to a higher jurisdiction and sued for FIVE figures.  And the way you are ignoring your dog's behavior, you better hope you have good homeowner's insurance.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Mrs. Changed the Story on the Dog Bite Mechanism's husband's halterview - "yeah, just want money."

His kid was bitten, will have a permanent scar, and had pain and suffering.  You and your Mrs., on the other hand, had a bullshit story that wasn't believable.  If it was all about money, buttercup, they'd have taken your ass to a higher jurisdiction and sued for FIVE figures.  And the way you are ignoring your dog's behavior, you better hope you have good homeowner's insurance.

The other thing about her stories, I think she'd be liable even if it happened like she claims. I mean, the fact that her Nala (?) was leashed doesn't protect her from strict liability. She has to maintain control, leashed or not. So, putting the dog on her side away from the boy means nothing if the leash is loose enough for the dog still reach the boy. Really, her only defense would be in her written statement that the boy provoked the bite by running up behind her. Even with that version of her story the bite occurred because the leash was not controlling the dog. I think she abandoned that story when she came to court because of how silly it sounded. Then she wouldn't admit it was a different story, insisting it was just more "elaborate". I'm surprised we didn't hear "some other dog bit the kid" defense. That seemed to work with the incident the next day. Could be they had already tried that and failed when cited by Animal Control.

JJ tried to give the owner's a heads up about protecting their baby, but that was in one ear and out the other. They were all "Just look at this picture of the dog and baby together." Last I heard, kids are more likely to be bitten by the family dog than a strange dog. I'm sure lots of those families have pictures of the dog and kids getting along, but the kids still got bitten. Not saying kids and dogs don't mix. I think every kid should have a dog to play with, and take care of as they grow up. It's just that they need to be supervised to protect both the kid and the dog (cats, too, and really any animal). Hey, my little brother was a perfectly normal boy, about old enough for kindergarten, when he tested the "cat always lands on its feet" by throwing it down giving it a concussion. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

She also writes "you're" when she means "your".  English teachers need to spend a lot more time on contractions and possessives.  There, their, they're, its and it's. 

That publicity poster was fugly, but at least everything was spelled correctly.  She probably stoled it from someone.

Hmmm I can't count the number of times this tablet helpfully completes my thought for me with the odd word or two. I'm not one of those people who are lightning fast typing on their touchscreen... nope, no touch typing on this thing, it's all one finger action. Especially annoying is when I use an apostrophe, as I'm almost always backspacing to delete whatever it chose to complete a word... "I'mean" instead of  "I'm" for example.?   It doesn't help that if I try to go back and edit my frequently disorganized first thought I only see 5 or 6 lines, with the rest of the screen taken up with the keyboard.?   Ah well, just saying that if you get tired of seeing my odd word selection, blame on the tablet. ?

• Love 7

I keep having work phone calls run through my afternoon JJ time, so I was thankful for an entertaining rerun on today's early show. The bad neighbors case was an unexpected treat. Video!! The defendant was a complete brat, and I was happy to see that the police officers in the video didn't go soft on her when she became combative. And she claimed that she would have shut down the parties if the plaintiff approached her?! What an absolute fool -- it had already been revealed that the police came out multiple times, and they kept throwing their garage parties! I pity the German Shepherd, shoved in the confines of the hot and smoke-filled garage. How dare her to say the dog is a therapy dog. Dirtbags.

Ugh, deliver me from 'had came' and 'had gave.'

Edited by CoolWhipLite
  • Love 2
On September 19, 2016 at 9:49 PM, AngelaHunter said:

13 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I am a former ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher.  We do teach these rules, over and over again.  Sometimes it sticks, sometimes it does not.  The student has to actually care, and want to use language correctly.

My "trick" that was occasionally successful when I was doing a "there, their, they're" lesson would be to cover the "t" in "there," so that it only said "here."  I would point out that here and there show location, that's how they could remember which their/there/they're was for location.  They're is easy, I taught kids to replace the word they're with they are, if that wasn't correct they had the wrong one.  The remaining their showed possession.  Twice I've had para professionals privately tell me after class that was the first time they have really understood the difference.

The lack of correctly spoken English really deframes teachers.

• Love 10

Ugh, deliver me from 'had came' and 'had gave.'

We can do "gaven."

1 hour ago, NYCFree said:

Twice I've had para professionals privately tell me after class that was the first time they have really understood the difference.

^^^THIS is appalling.

I'm pretty sure I learned those rules in third grade.

• Love 7