Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

They dropped that poor puppy off the top bunk!  Beatings!  5 and 6 is old enough.

I think the baby sitter should have checked in on the kids more often, especially since the little one was sleeping. That being said, I wouldn't sue a friend who was doing me a favor.  I might not let her babysit again, but I wouldn't sue her. It's not like she was dangerously negligent.

And yes, both girls need to be disciplined.

22 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

They dropped that poor puppy off the top bunk!  Beatings!  5d

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 2

Those teeny designer dogs have been known to break their legs just jumping from a regular sized bed. They are very fragile and should definitely not be allowed to play with little children unsupervised. With kids who are 2 and 5, a sturdier dog would have been a more sensible choice, but our litigants want what they want and "sensible" rarely enters into their decisions.

• Love 1

I missed Grandms bc my mom called to see if my house in NC (that she lives in) had a key to open the bedroom doors.  I moved to Hawaii no clue how I was going to help from here.

I am dumbfounded the new driver was going right then left and didn't grasp that was her own fault.

• Love 4

I am dumbfounded the new driver was going right then left and didn't grasp that was her own fault.

I agree, but if the plaintiff had actually crosssed over the double yellow line (which the judge apparently did not believe), he may have contributed to the accident. I don't think he did, and I am sure the turn both ways driver didn't think that defense up all by her two-days-driving-experience self, somebody briefed her on it as a last ditch defense.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

WHAT?!?! Nobody's on here talking about the telenovela that was Judge Judy's first episode (at least for me?). The grandma whose more interested in saving her grandson from the evvvviillllllllllllllll clutches of a teenage Jezebel?? (Hope Granny likes visiting Wussy Boy in jail, I was SO hoping JJ was going to say that). Grandma got some money back for her computer that Sonny Boy lent/ "borrowed" to the plaintiff who was giving off a post millenial Ann Margret vibe (beautiful girl BTW). And Grandma had to let loose about the teenage defendant's sexual history (why the HELL would that boy tell his grandmother about her sexual antics? Did I miss a chapter in my grandma manual? ) I did enjoy watching Granny get all pissed off, cross her arms and watch her chest catch on fire with the repressed fire of a thousand suns. I imagine Sonny Boy tells Grandma about all his trials and trouble at night while they watch Wheel of Fortune and he pumices the calluses off her bony feet. 

Just watched my recording and was coming here to use the very word Jezebel. You beat me to it!

• Love 1

I did enjoy watching Granny get all pissed off, cross her arms and watch her chest catch on fire with the repressed fire of a thousand suns. I imagine Sonny Boy tells Grandma about all his trials and trouble at night while they watch Wheel of Fortune and he pumices the calluses off her bony feet. 

Just an excerpt, but may we have a moment's silence for this impeccable snark that melts my heart like spring snow?

• Love 9

Damn....today was bad hair color day.  I think I'll go for the hot pink in the car case (friend on PL side)..

I know sleeveless sheath dresses are in style (even in the winter...oy) but ladies...please...look in the mirror before you leave the house.   Those dresses only look good on Jackie Kennedy, Michelle Obama and similar body types.

• Love 3

The defendant ex-boyfriend in the car case -- so smug.  He said that the car title transfer wasn't valid because it wasn't notarized, and he had a duplicate title to "prove" that plaintiff stole the original title (and presumably signed his name).  JJ compared the signatures to disprove that allegation. 

He probably had a duplicate title so he could sign it over to his daughter. 

The case with the air fare and the New Jersey to California trip to sell cars -- what kind of scam is that?  Is that what they're doing now instead of selling magazine subscriptions door to door? 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

Damn....today was bad hair color day.  I think I'll go for the hot pink in the car case (friend on PL side)..

I know sleeveless sheath dresses are in style (even in the winter...oy) but ladies...please...look in the mirror before you leave the house.   Those dresses only look good on Jackie Kennedy, Michelle Obama and similar body types.

Seriously?! I am ALL about the hair and fashion on this show, and I missed it! Stupid doctor appt!   This sounds pretty impressive, but my top vote-getter is still the woman whose hair color matched her very visible undergarments.  Uber cool, that was.

Regarding yesterday's tiny dog with the broken leg - my sweet Mom-in-law used to say, "The smaller the child, the bigger the dog."  Little dogs don't have any defense against unruly kids except to bite (or jump off the bed), whereas a bulky boxer can just get up and walk away when he gets tired of playing dress up.  Our poodle puppy broke her leg (many, many years ago) trying to jump in the bathtub.  It happens.

• Love 2

On today's case with the blonde plaintiff "former" alcoholic and her current alcoholic neighbor, in the hallterview, the plaintiff laughingly said "well I got 60 days!" What in the world did that mean? She already annoyed the heck out of me when she said that used to have an alcohol problem from 2003 to 2013, and left it at that. It took a few more minutes before she said that she had fallen off the wagon with the neighbor. Sounds to me like a match made in heaven.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

On today's case with the blonde plaintiff "former" alcoholic and her current alcoholic neighbor, in the hallterview...

What's shocking to me is that both of these morons were over 30...and they come to court with their daddies?

"My daddy can beat up your daddy!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, you fink!"

I missed the first 2 minutes so maybe I'm mistaken but...seriously?

• Love 6

these morons were over 30...and they come to court with their daddies?

Lawdy! Lisa is 37, her Daddy subsidizes her, she's an alcoholic, has a new creepy abusive boyfriend and thought it was a grand idea to have a baby last year. Lisa, please promise you won't drink any more. Your face looks like bread dough that's just been punched down and oiled to prepare it for its third rising.

Her old boyfriend and drinking buddy is 35 and HIS Daddy subsidizes him. He better give up the bottle too. His head seemed frozen in a permanently cocked position and he seemed to have a twitch. I know a parent's love is unconditional, but Daddies - get your heads out of your asses. If these two middle-aged drunken babies had been cut loose to sink or swim, they may have straightened up. As it is, they never will. Well, to be fair - they don't have to. I'm sure the Daddies will leave their darlings well set to keep on being slugs and losers after the Papas pass away.

Cynthia and Isiah - their stories were so convoluted and dumb I can't even go into it. Cynthia( 24 year old student!)spoke in a tortured English that made my head hurt and Isaih was so dumb he could barely answer simple questions.

Love the smug, slick, pompous antique crook, so unrepentant and shameless he seemed like a sociopath. I'm glad his illness was not revealed. Probably something disgusting.

Edited because too much JJ is making me illiterate.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, Quof said:

Jeezuz, Grandma nearly strangled herself clutching those pearls.  And Faith is 40 if she's a day.   That whole episode was exhausting. 

Lothario grandson was puffy with beady eyes.

You can see he has "impure thoughts" throughout most of the day.

4 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

The case with the air fare and the New Jersey to California trip to sell cars -- what kind of scam is that?  Is that what they're doing now instead of selling magazine subscriptions door to door? 

Regarding the plaintiff: was she rocking a Jheri curl? In 2016?

• Love 1
On August 29, 2016 at 7:35 PM, Giant Misfit said:

Thanks, AuntiePam. I guess that's what threw me -- I had no idea insurance companies only paid off the loan in the case the car gets totaled. I thought they totaled it and paid the market cost for the car. 

I've had a car totaled, three years old and fully paid for. USAA paid me the local market price, with a 30 page document showing how they determined the price based on what similar cars had gone for. No KBB for me! But then, USAA is pretty awesome.

• Love 2

The scam artist "antique" dealer is from my state.  I never heard of him or his shop, but he sounded sketchy as Hell on JJ.  I looked up his shop on Yelp and most of the reviews (going back to 2010) said he was a crook.  Very rude and dismissive to customers and didn't want to be bothered by people ready to spend $$ for his junk.  I hope his scammy ways don't ruin things for other consignment shops.  I've had some good luck selling furniture and clothing via a little store near me.  I suggest sellers need to be fully aware of the contract, terms of sale/no-sale of items, and make pop in visits to see if their merchandise is on view on not.

I couldn't follow the car salesman with a seizure scam.  I don't know how JJ keeps her composure as much as she does with some of these ignorant, illiterate litigants.  The mumbling, the non-answers, the lack of common sense and respect...my blood pressure goes up just watching the show! 

• Love 5

Very rude and dismissive to customers

He was rude and dismissive with JJ, so I can imagine him with customers.

I was trying to figure out whether defendant car salesman actually had a see-jure.

I was trying to imagine what kind of company would pay to send HIM across the country. Not Toyota or BMW I'm guessing. His seed-jure was probably alcohol poisoning or maybe got some bad drugs.

• Love 2

I had to turn off Savannah. There is some official entity who gave a driving permit to that moon-faced, mutant moron? Very scary. I couldn't take it and didn't want to hear hillbilly Daddy who is no doubt toothless, defend his little sugarplum.

Uh, maybe I was confuzzled but I thought that was her boyfriend (perhaps her hillbilly Baby Daddy). In any event, they be like extras from the movie CryBaby.  

1 hour ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Uh, maybe I was confuzzled but I thought that was her boyfriend (perhaps her hillbilly Baby Daddy). In any event, they be like extras from the movie CryBaby.  

She was in the car with her boyfriend, who was the one who gave her confusing directions - and when I was a brand new driver, I'd probably have panicked and done what he said too; I don't want to think about the stupid things I did the first few weeks - but that was her dad, who owned the car and had the insurance. 

USAA is indeed awesome!

AS for who gave Savannah a licence, my son just took his test in NC and they never left the neighborhood road by the DMV. No stop light, no lane change.. just a stop sign, driving in reverse, a 3 pt turn and parking... he was back to soon I thought he'd flunked.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Lawdy! Lisa is 37, her Daddy subsidizes her, she's an alcoholic, has a new creepy abusive boyfriend and thought it was a grand idea to have a baby last year. Lisa, please promise you won't drink any more. Your face looks like bread dough that's just been punched down and oiled to prepare it for its third rising.

I thought Lisa looked like an amazon Sally Struthers after a two-week binge.   And as for Savannah and dad - they look like they've just stepped out of a casting call for The Hills Have Eyes.

I am now half-listening to the case with the faux vet. 

There is no hope for the future.  None.

"S/he offered to help.  I didn't ask for the money!" This seems to be a reoccurring excuse for non-repayment and I don't think these idiots understand that in these cases, semantics and choice of words are everything.  

If my friend, GF, BF, cousin tells me how they couldn't pay rent or a car payment or for a child's Christmas present, and if I have the ability to help financially, the follow up conversation can go one of 3 ways...

1- Wow, that sucks. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

2- Wow that sucks.  I have a few extra bucks at the moment.  I can loan you XXX and you can pay me back over the next (insert terms here).

3- Wow that sucks. I want to help and give you XXX towards it and I hope it helps.

Just because you don't say the words "I need money from you to cover this financial obligation" & you manage to successfully wheedle money out of someone you know, does not mean any monetary amount that formerly belonged in that person's bank account is automatically yours with no further thoughts to repay it.

• Love 8

I'm watching another episode with room-mates at odds.  Judy has NO CLUE how the real world works!  If you are a regular, poor person (like most of us) living check to check, you simply cannot afford to abandon a paid apartment and get ANOTHER ONE!  You have NO MONEY in that case!  It is all tied up in the PRIOR apartment!  DUH!  You need to come down out of your penthouse once in a while and see how real people live!

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

"S/he offered to help.  I didn't ask for the money!" This seems to be a reoccurring excuse for non-repayment and I don't think these idiots understand that in these cases, semantics and choice of words are everything.  

If my friend, GF, BF, cousin tells me how they couldn't pay rent or a car payment or for a child's Christmas present, and if I have the ability to help financially, the follow up conversation can go one of 3 ways...

1- Wow, that sucks. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

2- Wow that sucks.  I have a few extra bucks at the moment.  I can loan you XXX and you can pay me back over the next (insert terms here).

3- Wow that sucks. I want to help and give you XXX towards it and I hope it helps.

Just because you don't say the words "I need money from you to cover this financial obligation" & you manage to successfully wheedle money out of someone you know, does not mean any monetary amount that formerly belonged in that person's bank account is automatically yours with no further thoughts to repay it.

Well one thing is for sure - if it isn't memorialized in four corners JJ will dismiss it faster than a bad tuna sandwich. 

She really likes those show and tell mannerisms when it comes to contracts, doesn't she?

I hate to see used car dealers getting away with selling crappy cars, but why on earth would you buy four new tires and rims before making sure the mechanicals are working, and before the car is registered?  That was a good lesson though.  Maybe some viewers will make sure they get all the promises in writing. 

In the puppy case, I wish JJ had given the defective puppies back to the plaintiffs, instead of giving them money.  OTOH, maybe the puppies have become attached to the defendant.

• Love 2

, but why on earth would you buy four new tires and rims before making sure the mechanicals are working

Maybe this car is an old POS, and maybe I can't afford it anyway, but it's a MERCEDES and by god it WILL have fancy rims! Damn the rest.

She really likes those show and tell mannerisms when it comes to contracts, doesn't she?

Sadly, a large portion of our litigants cannot grasp the intricacies of the spoken word and need show and tell, as when she has to tear up bits of paper to make someone understand that the scam check they gave a friend to cash left the friend owing the bank money and them WITH money. Damn, it's complicated.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 7

Maybe this car is an old POS, and maybe I can't afford it anyway, but it's a MERCEDES and by god it WILL have fancy rims! Damn the rest.

Oh hellz yeah! We even have RENT TO OWN RIM places down here so y'all can dandy up your hoopty a la Aaron's style. I've seen cars around here that are over 25 years old with no AC in Florida in the dead of summer where your sweat has sweat but damn if they ain't got some big old shiny rims on them. My favorite is the guy I see driving around here in a poop-brown Mercedes that has to be around 25 years old blowing diesel smoke like a semi-truck with big old rims and a bent up coat hanger for an antenna.  Priorities y'all!!

• Love 7

Heh, JJ said 'fakakta'.

On a more serious note, why do so many stupid people try to get into dog-showing/dog breeding? This one chick is blithering about how she bought some dogs for breeding, and then it turned out they were unsuitable for breeding because of a congenital heart murmur, only there was nothing in the papers she gave JJ about a heart murmur. Then she said that she bought them for showing, only she couldn't show them either because their ears were cropped incorrectly, because Sha-Ron (yes, really) is an idiot who didn't go to school to learn to crop ears. Or something. JJ actually yelled at the dude for being an idiot, which was pretty impressive. Meanwhile, his girlfriend, who is about half his height, is standing next to him wearing a tight purple dress that it severely unflattering on her. Both she and the plaintiff have vines or something tatooed on their right arms, but Sha-Ron is actually dressed for court, wearing a pretty decent looking suit. He may not be good for much else., but he's got a sense of style.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Both she and the plaintiff have vines or something tatooed on their right arms, but Sha-Ron is actually dressed for court, wearing a pretty decent looking suit. He may not be good for much else., but he's got a sense of style.

Yeah, Sha-Ron looked good.

I thought defendant's tattoos were supposed to be puppy feet/paws.  ??  If so, that's some dedication.

Renting rims -- I only know about that because of Rectify.  Speaking of which, when is it coming back?

I was actually afraid she was going to give the puppies back to the plaintiffs. Shit, if he did a butcher crop job on those ears, he may not find another sucker to buy them which means they are no good to him, which sadly means....you fill in the blank. Of course who knows if the defendant kept them after all. When JJ told the female plaintiff that he shouldn't be allowed to perform surgery on any other dogs because of his cavalier attitude and JJ gave her that smirky smile and said "you know what I mean, cavalier attitude?" The chick barely nodded and just gaped at her. She had no clue what JJ was talking about. I weep for the puppies whose purpose in life is to breed so morons like this can make a few bucks.

Excuse me, I meant to say fucking morons.

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Spunkygal said:

I was actually afraid she was going to give the puppies back to the plaintiffs. Shit, if he did a butcher crop job on those ears, he may not find another sucker to buy them which means they are no good to him, which sadly means....you fill in the blank. Of course who knows if the defendant kept them after all. When JJ told the female plaintiff that he shouldn't be allowed to perform surgery on any other dogs because of his cavalier attitude and JJ gave her that smirky smile and said "you know what I mean, cavalier attitude?" The chick barely nodded and just gaped at her. She had no clue what JJ was talking about. I weep for the puppies whose purpose in life is to breed so morons like this can make a few bucks.

Plaintiff's girlfriend didn't understand "cavalier" or even "swift".  Moron.

I have experience in this area, unfortunately. My brother in another state, called me and said his room-mate's friend did that same kind of surgery on puppies, on his front porch.  With scissors.  How is THAT guy not in jail, too??  I weep for humanity.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Brattinella said:

I have experience in this area, unfortunately. My brother in another state, called me and said his room-mate's friend did that same kind of surgery on puppies, on his front porch.  With scissors.  How is THAT guy not in jail, too??  I weep for humanity.

But before they put idiots like this in jail, crop their ears with scissors. 

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

Ears?  I'm thinking lower.  Waaay lower.

And make that rusty scissors. 

1 hour ago, Spunkygal said:

I vote for rusty scissors from kindergarten, you know the little paper kind you need to heat up to cut butter.

Edited by SRTouch
Wording changed
  • Love 7

In the post-dated check/loan case -- why didn't plaintiff just do the stop payment and leave it at that?  Why close the account?  Did she explain why she took that extra step?  Because if she'd just done the stop payment, she probably wouldn't have had to pay $1400 for a Banking 101 class.  Writing a check on a closed account is probably a misdemeanor, but there's no penalty for stopping payment.  Is there? 

So defendant basically ends up with a $1201.19 gift, for being shady, and kindhearted stupid plaintiff has a record.  And a pissed off husband. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

Unfortunately, animal cruelty laws are not universal and pretty much left to the individual States in the US. Ear and tail cropping are banned in many countries, but not the US. (Oh, and as a cat dude, let me throw in that cat declawing is also banned in many countries, but legal here except in a few jurisdictions.) I actually checked, and was horrified to learn only of handful of States regulate ear cropping, and none have outright banned the practice.

As far as this case, from what I read, licensed breeders can crop a dog's ears in Washington State if the AKC requires the ears be cropped for that breed to show. Soooo, while I agree with JJ that the guy I should not be cropping the ears, if he is a licensed breeder Washington State says he's allowed to do it (Note, the way I read that is that HE needs to be licensed, not have a gf who is licensed). I just hope anyone looking for a puppy checks out the pictures of this dude's botched job before investing a bunch of money in a puppy...

My final word thoughts are to wonder WTH case plaintiff was talking about in the hallterview. In hallterview plaintiff talks about defendant being an idiot who she thinks judge said shouldn't have dogs. Sure JJ wasn't impressed with defendant, but plaintiff didn't seem to hear anything JJ said about not letting moronic bf crop ears.

• Love 1

I sure hope and pray that the places that allow this DEMAND that anesthetic be used!  The one who did it on my brother's porch didn't.  I don't agree with this practice, but I understand that certain 'show' dogs have to have a certain look to win, min pins, boxers, dobies.  Although I think the dog shows are relaxing this rule in favor of animal comfort!

50 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

In the post-dated check/loan case -- why didn't plaintiff just do the stop payment and leave it at that?  Why close the account?  Did she explain why she took that extra step?  Because if she'd just done the stop payment, she probably wouldn't have had to pay $1400 for a Banking 101 class.  Writing a check on a closed account is probably a misdemeanor, but there's no penalty for stopping payment.  Is there? 

So defendant basically ends up with a $1201.19 gift, for being shady, and kindhearted stupid plaintiff has a record.  And a pissed off husband. 

She couldn't produce any proof that she'd stopped payment; I'm wondering what actually happened at her bank. Did she intend to do both but not explain what she wanted to the bank, so she only closed it? Did she think closing was enough and is only saying she did a stop afterwards, now that she knows she should've done so?

Also $1400 for the banking class seems excessive. She should have brought that up sooner so we could've heard what it was all about.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

Depending on why you stop a check, it can be against the law.  If I write out a check to someone knowing I am going to stop payment, that is fraud.  Or stopping payment when you clearly owe someone money is fraud too.

It costs nothing to close an account.  It costs money to place a stop payment.  

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 2