Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Did we really need a second viewing of Ms. Medina, all mouth and no ears, in a tacky thrift shop black cocktail dress who just couldn't shower enough money and gifts on the love of her life, Mr. Strong. He just got sprung after serving five years in prison, yet Ms. Medina expected him to rustle up 2K in a couple of weeks to pay her back. Mr. Strong wasn't too heavy in the brains department and talked himself into being ordered to pay it back. Too bad. Ms.Medina deserved to be punished for being a dumbitch.

Most of the litigants thought they were on Springer. Bleached clothes and all that dumb shit. Producers - what did we do to deserve this?

• Love 6
On July 19, 2016 at 6:44 PM, Jamoche said:

Dogs have to poop no matter what day it is - mine got walked three times a day, every day.

I don't understand you. Why don't you just lock it in a spare room for several weeks and feed it under the door? And if you're lucky, it'll have puppies.

• Love 8

TraShaune (who can't even make up a sensible lie) is in the military, which makes me think the military is now like so many female plaintiffs we see - so desperate for a warm body that they'll take on any dopey loser.

I kind of doubt he's active duty, since part of his story, IIRC, was he was a student who couldn't pay rent because he lost his job. If he was military, I'm guessing he's someone who signed up in the reserves or NG for the college money. (We sure had a lot of surprised reservists who joined  us in the desert for Desert Shield/Storm who whined about missing school.)

6 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

JJ called 20 year olds "babies." Sadly, she's right. These days they are babies at that age - silly, immature, irresponsible babies -  when once upon a time they were men. Yeah, I'd let those three have free reign in my home.  

On one hand, I agree, but then it's nothing new. One of my uncles never grew up. He was the youngest, and by the time he came along he had 2 brothers and 2 sisters with children older then him. In addition to being an unexpected baby, the sibling who would have been closet in age had died as a toddler - so as you might expect he was spoiled by everyone and he never stopped acting like a spoiled child. 

With today's case, I wondered if JJ might have ruled against the plaintiff partly because of JJ's well known belief college aged kids aren't to be trusted - and the plaintiff is a college counselor. Sort if, that she should have known better. The defendants may gave been SQUATTERS,  but plaintiff had stopped making her mortgage payments, so I don't think JJ liked her much.

• Love 2

plaintiff had stopped making her mortgage payments

She also wanted payment for stolen items that are apparently in her house. The house is so destroyed she can't set foot in it? DId those idiots do severe structrual damage? Tear off the roof? Most people don't walk away from their homes that easily, so it seems something else was up here.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

She also wanted payment for stolen items that are apparently in her house. The house is so destroyed she can't set foot in it? DId those idiots do severe structrual damage? Tear off the roof? Most people don't walk away from their homes that easily, so it seems something else was up here.

I think that pretty much lost her case. Once JJ saw stuff on the list that was still there, the claim for damages was lost. I really thought JJ might have rushed her, and she handed in the wrong list. Appeared she had quite the collection in her binder. JJ may have been looking at a list of stuff the "SQUATTERS" had up for sale instead of the missing/stolen stuff.

Hmmm maybe she could file another suit for the rent, and include something for damages. Don't really know how that would work, seeing as it was sort of an informal house-sitting/rental combination. I'm thinking she could maybe claim damage to the structure and furnishings, but be out of luck for her personal like jewelry, aquariums etc - sort of anything that was on the paperwork for the JJ case would be out.

On another piece of the case, how would you like to live near this woman's house? First it sounds like a party house, and now it's vacant with an out of state owner, and according to her, trashed. Neighbors are probably looking forward to the bank taking it over. I imagine the bank would try to clean it up enough to make a quick sale, and at the very lease secure it to keep out the riff raff.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Did we really need a second viewing of Ms. Medina, all mouth and no ears, in a tacky thrift shop black cocktail dress who just couldn't shower enough money and gifts on the love of her life, Mr. Strong. He just got sprung after serving five years in prison, yet Ms. Medina expected him to rustle up 2K in a couple of weeks to pay her back. Mr. Strong wasn't too heavy in the brains department and talked himself into being ordered to pay it back. Too bad. Ms.Medina deserved to be punished for being a dumbitch.

Most of the litigants thought they were on Springer. Bleached clothes and all that dumb shit. Producers - what did we do to deserve this?

If I remember correctly, they used their hallterview time to talk about getting back together! During the case, Mr. Strong wanted to tell JJ about their long and sordid history, but JJ cut him off with an "I don't care." Color me disappointed. I wanted to hear the details, even if they made me feel more annoyed! 

20 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Today's plaintiff who left her son, TraShaune and Jeffrey (who generously educated JJ about the law)in her home for 6 or so months: TraShaune (who can't even make up a sensible lie) is in the military, which makes me think the military is now like so many female plaintiffs we see - so desperate for a warm body that they'll take on any dopey loser. JJ called 20 year olds "babies." Sadly, she's right. These days they are babies at that age - silly, immature, irresponsible babies -  when once upon a time they were men. Yeah, I'd let those three have free reign in my home.  

Let's face it, if the first part of your name spells TRASH, the odds are against you. If TraShaune was smarter, he would have worked to become a model citizen so he would negate the griminess of his name.

• Love 3

Hmmm maybe she could file another suit for the rent, and include something for damages.

She made an issue of the rent so it was strange she never put it in her complaint. If she had, she'd have gotten it since the Three Stooges admitted they were supposed to pay it and didn't.

• Love 2

JJ: Who do you live with? 

Defendant Esmeralda Pacheco: "I live alone, and my son lives with me."

At that point, I knew we were dealing with a dimwit. Moron, if another human lives in a home with you, you do not live alone!

Mrs. Medaglia's story gave me high blood pressure -- what a nightmare she had to deal with. Neighbor David had big balls to suckerpunch the pitbull. The dog's name is Capone?!  Oh, FFS. And Pacheco, with her John Poncherello hairdo, had such an air of righteousness when announcing that she had/has no homeowner's insurance, no job, and no income. Um, no Pacheco - your insurer probably has breed rules and declined you, and you didn't try other companies.  She thought she was such a quick-thinker with her defense of "it was the Dollar Store." I'm glad JJ told her that she shouldn't even visit the 50 cent store.

• Love 2

My extremely religious friend swears this is true:

She once had a student whose name was Shetay Head.  Say to all together.  She said she was so afraid of misprouncing it so she left her name off deliberately and asked the class if she left anyone out?  And she swore the girl pronounced it as Shit Head.  I asked her how she maintained her composure And I don't think she would lie or embellish as she wasn't the type.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

JJ: Who do you live with? 

Defendant Esmeralda Pacheco: "I live alone, and my son lives with me."

At that point, I knew we were dealing with a dimwit. Moron, if another human lives in a home with you, you do not live alone!

Mrs. Medaglia's story gave me high blood pressure -- what a nightmare she had to deal with. Neighbor David had big balls to suckerpunch the pitbull. The dog's name is Capone?!  Oh, FFS. And Pacheco, with her John Poncherello hairdo, had such an air of righteousness when announcing that she had/has no homeowner's insurance, no job, and no income. Um, no Pacheco - your insurer probably has breed rules and declined you, and you didn't try other companies.  She thought she was such a quick-thinker with her defense of "it was the Dollar Store." I'm glad JJ told her that she shouldn't even visit the 50 cent store.

Oh, I remember this idiot. After the ruling JJ gathers her papers and stands to leave, and defendant starts laughing. JJ stops and tells defendant something must be mentally wrong with her for laughing. Nope, she leaves the courtroom, laughing and smiling, probably on the way to celebrate because she won't have to pay a penny.

• Love 4

"Doniqua" from MN had the best excuses evah(!) to weasel out of her fuck-ups! Yes, she smashed her car into the complex garage door and caused 4K in damage, but it wasn't her fault! It was the fault of the rear view mirror. That sneaky little thing moved and wasn't in the right place. She had no insurance, but that wasn't her fault! It expired the week before the accident because Momma paid her insurance but never told her it would expire. The plaintiff should pay the damages, because... well - nothing should be pinned on Doniqua, should it?

• Love 5
On 7/19/2016 at 5:16 PM, OhioSongbird said:

I'm ashamed to say I have a TV in my bedroom.  I go to sleep with it on and turn it on first thing in the morning.  Drives hubby crazy.

Hello...I'm OhioSongbird and I am an addict.....

No shame in my game. I have a TV in mine. I usually fall asleep to either music or TV. Now that I share my home with my parents and nephew, it's usually the only place I can watch what I want (I don't let the nephew see anything above a G-rating.) Anyway, the sleep timer is my friend. If I forget to put it on, whatever is on TV (usually the ID Channel) seeps into my dreams and gives me nightmares! 

I had a TV in my room growing up, although it only got 3 channels and the programming went off at a certain time. I was an A student. I imagine if my grades hadn't been good, my parents wouldn't have let me have it. I know my bone-headed brother never had a TV in his room. LOL.

My nephew has a TV in his room, but he doesn't have the remote control and can't reach it to turn it on. I had to do that for my own sanity; I can't stand the annoying noises his cartoons make. Also, there's no satellite box in his room. I have a Roku, and he streams kids' shows on Netflix. He's not much of a TV watcher, though. He'll watch a show, and then he's on to something else. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, teebax said:

I had a TV in my room growing up, although it only got 3 channels and the programming went off at a certain time. I was an A student.

I imagine there are some whipper-snappers here that don't remember this.  It was worse than it sounds!

• Love 7

Then we have a second rerun episode, a textbook slumlord case. Seems he's turned a three bedroom single residence into a flop house where he not only rents out all the bedrooms, but has beds in the living room, family room etc. He admits he's renting out the rooms, but tries to act innocent when JJ asks him if the house is zoned as a single family residence. The plaintiff is a month to month tenant, renting one of the bedrooms for over a year. She moved in with help from the Mormon church because she was homeless - I wanted to ask why she was still there after a year living. Sounds like she made a habit of paying the rent late, but was current when she took a trip out of state. For some reason the defendant started eviction proceedings on the tenth of the month - he had accepted her rent the previous month on the 16th. They're exchanging texts, and she tells him she can't use her phone for anything except texting. So he knows she's out of state, she's texting him that she'll catch up the rent like she has in the past, and he sticks a 3 day notice to quit eviction notice on her door. Not only does that stink to high heaven, but all her property has disappeared. His story is that people from the church came and took everything. She says it wasn't the church, she doesn't know who took her stuff. Really doesn't matter in my view, the church helped her with the deposit and first month's rent, but since then she's been paying her own rent. So, church members would have no more right to enter her room than someone off the street. Other tenants called him when these mystery people moved her stuff, and JJ tells him he had a a duty to protect her stuff. JJ tells him he should have held up on the eviction since he wasn't out money yet as he had the $200 deposit and just the month before he had let her slide until the 16th. JJ tells him he had no right to release her stuff without contacting her. He answers he tried to call, but got no answer. Of course that doesn't fly, as JJ has already read the text that plaintiff sent landlord saying she can't make/receive calls and has to communicate by text. Nope, far as I know landlord's can't just dispose of a tenant's property, even when being evicted. Yes, I know every jurisdiction has their own rules governing eviction - but I doubt that the landlord can evict a tenant without going to a housing court, and until he has a court's go ahead he needs to safeguard the tenant's property and not let someone he doesn't even know pack it up and take it while the tenant is out of state. Last I heard, evictions move pretty fast here in OK, but not this fast.

• Love 2

I had a TV in my room growing up, although it only got 3 channels and the programming went off at a certain time.

We were lucky to have a TV in the living room and only got a few channels, depending on how the rabbit ears were feeling. Funny, but we loved all the shows on those few channels. Now I have about 500, and never watch anything but JJ and TPC.

the programming went off at a certain time.

Ah, memories. r34dmWb.jpg

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I imagine there are some whipper-snappers here that don't remember this.  It was worse than it sounds!

Remember when TV remotes first came out. My Dad had control of the remote, but we learned pretty quickly that with those old fashion remotes the channel and volume could be changed by bouncing pennies together. Can't remember if we fessed up before or after the repairman was called. Course, that's something else that's changed, in the '60s TV screens may have been tiny by today's standards, but the TV was a big heavy piece of furniture. When it needed repair a repairman came to your house

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, teebax said:

and the programming went off at a certain time.

When I was stationed in Fairbanks we got one channel, which went off the air at midnight. Programming arrived on the evening plane from Seattle, and when tapes didn't make the flight, we watched back to back episodes of the original Star Trek series. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, NYCFree said:

Remotes Ha! My brother and I were the remotes.

We also provided augmented antenna services. "Now move your arm to the left....ah, that's it. Now hold it!"

Ha!  I was the remote too.  I would be sitting in the little nook of my living room reading a book and my father would make me get up to change the channel.  Ahh, those were the days.  We finally got a remote when I was in high school.  

Now, back to the show.  I will have to give kudos to JJ for giving money to the woman who lost all her stuff when the "church" took it away.  I was afraid she wouldn't get anything because she had no receipts but fortunately JJ took it upon herself to do some "rough justice," which she doesn't do much, Probably because (a) the landlord was a creep and most likely violating local housing laws and (b) the plaintiff used social services the way they are intended to be used -- she got a little help from the church during a rough patch and then took care of herself

• Love 8

JJ tells him he had no right to release her stuff without contacting her.

He knew he was wrong and he had no excuse.  What I found interesting was the plaintiff said she had a $2500 computer in her room, along with an additional $2500 worth of items.  She had no receipts for anything, just her word.  I didn't see the end of the episode and I'm interested in how much JJ awarded her.

17 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Remember when TV remotes first came out. My Dad had control of the remote, but we learned pretty quickly that with those old fashion remotes the channel and volume could be changed by bouncing pennies together. Can't remember if we fessed up before or after the repairman was called. Course, that's something else that's changed, in the '60s TV screens may have been tiny by today's standards, but the TV was a big heavy piece of furniture. When it needed repair a repairman came to your house

And the dog's choker chain.  Our german shepherd would scratch his neck, jostle his chain and the channels would fly by.

1 hour ago, momtoall said:

He knew he was wrong and he had no excuse.  What I found interesting was the plaintiff said she had a $2500 computer in her room, along with an additional $2500 worth of items.  She had no receipts for anything, just her word.  I didn't see the end of the episode and I'm interested in how much JJ awarded her.

I think she was awarded $3,000 (someone will correct me if I'm wrong).  I was really shocked by that judgment.  Why would someone need $200 worth of help with her rent if she could afford a $2,5000 gaming computer (her distinction)?  I make my living on my computer, and mine didn't cost that much.  And why would she need that $200 subsidy if the very next month she could afford $500+ rent on her own?  Plus all that other random stuff on the list, the prices of which seemed jacked up to me.  Not to mention no documentation for any of the items, which JJ usually says should've been obtained by going to the credit-card company or to the stores for duplicates.  It was a very odd resolution, IMO.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

if she could afford a $2,5000 gaming computer

If you build your own desktop computer, getting only top-of-the-line parts, CPU, video card(s), memory, fans, a cool case for it, you can easily spend that much and more.  Some high-end games are just lousy if you don't have a REALLY superior computer.

• Love 2

Oh, no, I don't doubt that could be what it legitimately cost.  My point was that it seems beyond frivolous to spend money you don't have for rent on what's essentially a $2,500 toy.  Not that we don't see such things all the time with these folks.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

I think she was awarded $3,000 (someone will correct me if I'm wrong).  I was really shocked by that judgment.  Why would someone need $200 worth of help with her rent if she could afford a $2,5000 gaming computer (her distinction)?  I make my living on my computer, and mine didn't cost that much.  And why would she need that $200 subsidy if the very next month she could afford $500+ rent on her own?  Plus all that other random stuff on the list, the prices of which seemed jacked up to me.  Not to mention no documentation for any of the items, which JJ usually says should've been obtained by going to the credit-card company or to the stores for duplicates.  It was a very odd resolution, IMO.

I thought it was odd that she would accumulate so much less than a year after being homeless.  Again, I didn't hear the whole case so maybe it was mentioned that she had the items when she moved into the house.  That might explain the large award without any proof.

Edited by momtoall
  • Love 2
Spoiler

Spoiler

I used to volunteer at a church office.  We had people coming in daily to ask for money to pay rent, get medications and/or food, etc.  Many of them didn't successfully hide the fact that their "second job" was getting assistance from churches and charitable organizations.  Not everyone who "needs help" really needs help.

• Love 3

Whiny Frank Ayala went to mediation for a timeshare with his equally whiny ex, but doesn't want to pay because she - or someone in her household, I'm not sure - "domestically abused" him. She's countersuing that *he* attacked *her*. Well, maybe they got in a mutual slap fight, I don't know - while I know anyone can fight when pushed, they're way down on the likelihood scale for that - because JJ hits her whiny tolerance level and dismisses the whole thing: there was mediation, they agreed to it, they need to suck it up and follow it.

• Love 3

Hmmm, think she was going for a rainbow look, but couldn't find a couple primary colors. Anyway, case about high flying dude ramming in old Lincoln into the convenience store worker's car when he pills in for gas. Case is open and shut. The high flyer thought he could skate, but she came to court with video. And that makes the case worth watching. Dude is caught, but won't admit it. Tries to say he doesn't have the best eyesight, so JJ invites him closer to the monitor for closer look-see. "Oh no, your honor, I can't say for sure if that's me in my car." Well, the video is good is for JJ so she starts in questioning his insurance status. He assured JJ that he had liability on that night, because he would never ride with no insurance. Stupid blank look when JJ calls his bluff and offers to grant him a chance to get his policy number. "No, no your honor, I was driving legal and not under the influence of anything." Well, ok some people act like they're under threat influence 24/7. That's enough for JJ, she rules against him without even calling up his 19yo daughter who he claims was in the car.

• Love 3

We had some memorable repeat offenders today!  Ms. Radicchio leaf on her hair (but it was really way cool!), Snidely Whiplash, and someone I think was once referred to by a riff on "Pizza the Hut." Several I muted, but it was fun to see a couple of 'em back. Of course, we still haven't seen Ms. Bean. Dang. The lovely judge's b.s. meter was pinging on all cylinders, and she zipped through some of them PDQ.  Good on ya', Judge! (Blows her a kiss, ala Mr. Factory-employed witness.)

Good to see my posts aren't the only one that seem to self-format and repeat!

• Love 3

Anyway, case about high flying dude ramming in old Lincoln into the convenience store worker's car when he pills in for gas. Case is open and shut. The high flyer thought he could skate, but she came to court with video. And that makes the case worth watching. Dude is caught, but won't admit it. Tries to say he doesn't have the best eyesight, so JJ invites him closer to the monitor for closer look-see. "Oh no, your honor, I can't say for sure if that's me in my car." 

Dear Defendant - it really doesn't make your case sound any better if you are complaining about your poor eyesight when you hit a parked car and then drive away. 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Dear Defendant - it really doesn't make your case sound any better if you are complaining about your poor eyesight when you hit a parked car and then drive away. 

That episode is one of my all-time favorites!  He just couldn't pump out those lies fast enough!

• Love 1

it really doesn't make your case sound any better if you are complaining about your poor eyesight when you hit a parked car and then drive away. 

You must admit this is one of the best "Not my fault" BS defenses evah!

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 5:02 PM, Mondrianyone said:

Oh, no, I don't doubt that could be what it legitimately cost.  My point was that it seems beyond frivolous to spend money you don't have for rent on what's essentially a $2,500 toy.  Not that we don't see such things all the time with these folks.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 5:30 PM, AZChristian said:

I used to volunteer at a church office.  We had people coming in daily to ask for money to pay rent, get medications and/or food, etc.  Many of them didn't successfully hide the fact that their "second job" was getting assistance from churches and charitable organizations.  Not everyone who "needs help" really needs help.

Something about that case was off to both me and to Mr. Funky the first time we saw it, and as we saw  it again this weekend.  No, her landlord was no angel, but I think she's a professional scammer as well.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about her is "off". 

• Love 4

My point was that it seems beyond frivolous to spend money you don't have for rent on what's essentially a $2,500 toy.

I worked all my life, paid my rent (on time! Not in cash!) and now pay a mortgage and never had a $2,500 computer or TV and would never get one. But everyone has different priorities.

• Love 4

I worked all my life, paid my rent (on time! Not in cash!) and now pay a mortgage and never had a $2,500 computer or TV and would never get one. But everyone has different priorities.

For the last nine years I've worked exclusively full time at home (medical transcription and editing). My "bells and whistles" computer was $379 at Office Max and I'm still using it six years later. My "basic" computer (that I used to download paperwork and images on) was an el cheapo I paid $249 for at Walmart. Still using that one too six years later. 

• Love 1

Whoa. JJ is totally ripping into the plaintiff who smirked that the defendant got "paid by the state" because she was "entitled"- when she's a caregiver who gets paid by the state to do that job. Not the usual "nudge, wink" under the table caregiver, but a legit one. "Byrd got paid by the state! I got paid by the state! We had jobs working for the state, so we were entitled to get paid!"

Yeah, someone's "entitled" here, but it's not her.

• Love 1

Mr. Bustamante is an oily, squeaky, tiny little "show off"  monkey-fool who is 29, acts like 14 and keeps getting himself arrested for his silly monkey antics yet finds women like Marisol who want him. Honestly, sometimes when I watch and see so many women in the bottom-of-the-barrel desperation mode it makes me embarassed to be a woman.

• Love 7

I started to post an insightful, articulate comment but then a homeless man came through my window and wanted to have sex with me.  Now I've lost my train of thought completely.  Sorry, BRB

• Love 19

The first of today's new episodes made my head spin.  Plaintiff hired defendant to paint his "antique" car, a 1969 something -- Buick?  The car was damaged when a tree fell on it at the repair place -- rear window broken, rain, etc. 

Plaintiff had bought the car for $2700 in 1992 and was suing for $4500.  He said the deal was $2,000 to paint it, defendant said $1500.  JJ was shown a photo with big rust spots.  It was never clear whether defendant did any painting, but if he did, he didn't get rid of the rust -- he just painted over it.  There was an exchange of photos of the car at different times and in different conditions.  Defendant insisted the car had to be towed to his place, plaintiff said no, he drove it there.

I'm not sure I believed either party.  Plaintiff was awarded $1500.

The second case was more fun.  Plaintiff and defendant met at a mental health clinic.  Plaintiff moved in with defendant after being evicted.  She said defendant had her leather coat and a lot of her shoes, and defendant said plaintiff stole money out of her purse.  Plaintiff also said defendant was pregnant by a homeless man, who came in through the window.

I think plaintiff's meds were working better than defendant's. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

The second case was more fun.  Plaintiff and defendant met at a mental health clinic.  Plaintiff moved in with defendant after being evicted.  She said defendant had her leather coat and a lot of her shoes, and defendant said plaintiff stole money out of her purse.  Plaintiff also said defendant was pregnant by a homeless man, who came in through the window.

I think plaintiff's meds were working better than defendant's. 

I missed that part.  It explains everything.

Plaintiff was just...IDK.  And that wig hat on her head was really really shiny.  Glad she could afford it on $800+ a month.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Albino said:

I started to post an insightful, articulate comment but then a homeless man came through my window and wanted to have sex with me.  Now I've lost my train of thought completely.  Sorry, BRB

Did he take your Tenant's leather coat and shoes with him when he left? 

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Albino said:

Did he make you pregnant?

• Love 5

then a homeless man came through my window and wanted to have sex with me.

Did he make you pregnant?

If he didn't, what was the point?

And that wig hat on her head was really really shiny.

OMG, that made this pop into my head: (credit Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels)
"Wearin' her wig hat and shades to match
She's got high-heel shoes and an alligator hat"

"Get me out the doe."

I am SO going to use that expression in the future.

• Love 10