Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Shayna and the Baby Daddy had some convoluted story about a car, which Judy simply refused to deal with.  Then a story of the BD giving her syphilis, so the baby was born with congenital syphilis and requiring medical attention that BD refused to pay for.   The last straw was when Shayna said she borrowed him some money.  Judy just looked down in resignation before correcting her. 

Shayna had some weird inability to open her mouth that was totally distracting.

The best part?  Shayna is a nurse.  Well, she went to nursing school for a year, now she's a "patient care assistant."  I think that means she empties bedpans. 

• Love 3

Disappointing that Baby Daddy, who is articulate, well-dressed, and seems to have it all together, is such a scumbag! "Don't have time" to file for visitation to see his son? JJ got it right - no interest there, since going to court would end up costing him child support. Can't even wrap my head around the STD business.

Why don't people (who can't afford children) use birth control? I just am boggled by that. Guess I'm just old and from another era.

As for why Shayna would go on TV, my guess is to either (a) shame Baby Daddy publicly (success!), or (b) to get whatever little money she can from the show's coffers.  Not likely BD is every going to cough up much. 

• Love 5
(edited)

It was interesting that it was plaintiff who was claiming that Dawnette was a stripper,

Dawnette (wonderful trailer trash name) was never a stripper. I have a hard time imagining that even drunks are going to pay to look at her take her clothes off? (Dawnette, I really have to suggest you wear clothes that hide those arms.) Maybe she served drinks or snacks. Of all the miscreants yesterday, I think she bugged me the most. SHE decides to spew out FOUR babies, with never a thought about supporting them and knowing she can't. Why should she, when she knows Byrd will pay $800/month to Dawnette's smirking mother to watch them? Plaintiff was equally as disgusting, in on the big scam, and her "me and her wuz texxin'" UGH. JJ is so right that government bodies just can't wait to throw our money at these bottom feeders.

Drunken slob who let yet another mother of four live in her house - I'm glad she got next to nothing. Can't pay your mortgage or take care of your pets? Maybe if you stop sucking up booze for a little while you could.

OH, and, "Do you know what "smug" means?"

Idiot: "No, sir."

I bet she knows a lot of other 4-letter words though.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 6
(edited)

The Case of the Nefarious Niece suing her uncle and his wife for a bunch of stuff...did I hear correctly?  Was the wife's name La'Nausea? 

3 minutes ago, dustylil said:

Did I hear correctly in that case with the squabbling family? Was the aunt really named LaNausea?

LOL - it must be if both of us heard it.

Edited by Albino
  • Love 5

LaNausea

I can't confirm her name because I was too busy obsessing about how she got her face to look like it'd been run through 100 Photoshop filters.

The first case of that episode was another doozy. Unwed, unemployed parents (like I really had to mention that) suing over blah blah car accident nonsense I didn't care about. What I did care about was the unemployed weed dealer who said they continued "kanoodling" (h/t Bob Eubanks). And all of a sudden, Judge Judy, who can't be bothered to ask why some litigants come to court with half of their faces covered in bandages, says, "Where?" Why did she need to know where they were getting their pork on?! Anyway, baby daddy proudly answers, "In the car, in the park, basically anywhere we could."

And I was allGaggingWoman.jpg

26 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Dawnette's smirking mother to watch them?

God that woman was getting on my nerves. I thought her head was going to fall off she kept shaking it so much.

• Love 7

I listened carefully and even restarted the episode to see if they showed her name.  They didn't (at least I didn't see it).  I heard LaNausea.  Weird that she never spoke a word, but JJ never told her to sit down.

• Love 3

I fired up the DVR for that episode again. The announcer most definitely pronounced it, "LaNausea" at the top of the segment and the Plaintiff called her the same. I don't know how it was spelled -- they never put up a caption for her.

Man. Out of the people who come on this show with legitimate gripes (and let's face it, there aren't all that many), usually the most I can muster is a "damn, that really sucks". But while I don't disagree that Shayna's decision-making skills left a lot to be desired, if the person I was sleeping with gave me AND my unborn child syphilis, to the point where said child had continuing medical issues...there might be violence, and I am not a violent person. So I guess I applaud her one good decision, deciding not to have someone beat the crap out of him and then have to face legal repercussions on top of everything else. (Though I wouldn't have convicted her.)

Seeing the little old man shih tzu in his little old man sweater made me feel a little better.

• Love 6

Was the aunt really named LaNausea?

Haha! That's exactly what I heard! Once upon a time I would have thought I was hearing things, but now? Could be.

Well, while I was eating dinner I really wish I hadn't heard about Orlando's dirty, diseased dick that he's been sticking uncovered who knows where. Blech! Shayna is an idiot. Sorry if that's harsh. She didn't "borrow" Orlando anything. She "loaned" him. Hee.

Unwed, unemployed parents (like I really had to mention that) suing over blah blah car accident nonsense I didn't care about.

God. He's a 24 year old man and such a twerpy, whiny, pansy-assed little goofball baby I was truly shocked to hear he could make a kid. Plaintiff needs to get off her 20-year old large ass and get a frickin' job. She must be eating Mom out of house and home cuz Mom looked like she hasn't had a decent meal in six months.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/23/2016 at 4:48 PM, CoolWhipLite said:

Episode 1 = two boring cases

Ep 1, Case 1 - Stephanie Wittingham sued Dawnette Sigmon for 28 days of unpaid babysitting wages. Both litigants ended up spilling the details of their intent to scam the social services system. "Everytime she wanted me to babysit those kids, I babysitted them," said Stephanie. Ugh.

The most disturbing part of the case is that the mom knew the babysitter was barred from getting money from the state because of a prior incident and she still thought it a good idea to leave her kids with her.

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, dustylil said:

Did I hear correctly in that case with the squabbling family? Was the aunt really named LaNausea?

A woman on Price is Right's late night special last night was named Latrina.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Quof said:

Shayna and the Baby Daddy had some convoluted story about a car, which Judy simply refused to deal with.  Then a story of the BD giving her syphilis, so the baby was born with congenital syphilis and requiring medical attention that BD refused to pay for.   The last straw was when Shayna said she borrowed him some money.  Judy just looked down in resignation before correcting her. 

Shayna had some weird inability to open her mouth that was totally distracting.

The best part?  Shayna is a nurse.  Well, she went to nursing school for a year, now she's a "patient care assistant."  I think that means she empties bedpans. 

I missed this episode. But I am not unhappy about that because I don't think I would have wanted to hear all about this   Shayna does not have good access to medical care or didn't bother to take advantage of it. If she had good prenatal care, her syphilis would have been caught and treated.  When I was pregnant, the nurses loved to take my blood and test it for everything from STDs to drugs to god knows what else.  It's pretty standard to do that.  

Why do these people file papers in small claims court for piddling amounts when they should be suing for child support instead?

• Love 2

I loved how JJ kept mispronouncing Dawnette's name. A different way each time! Fun!

I felt for Shayna and the kid .I also got my creep on, and seems from her FB that she wanted to expose Orlando. 

REMINDER: I'll be on Judge Judy tomorrow at 4pm on KSTP. Basting vs. Walker. This should show everyone just a brief clip of who he really is! If this can help even just 1 person, then mission accomplished! Happy Monday all! 

So I just the word that Orlando Walker is going around saying that the case on Judge Judy is fake and he did it because he got paid and it's his claim to fame! Um no! It's real!! He just knows that it shows his true colors and doesn't want people to see that! Why would i act on his behalf! Just an FYI! ?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/23/2016 at 7:15 PM, AuntiePam said:

I don't think Bridezillas is on anymore, anywhere, even in repeats.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I'd be up for watching it again.

I didn't understand the "line of credit" thing.  Is that different from a second mortgage? 

Yes, a second mortgage is a set amount of money you borrow that needs to be paid off in a certain period of time.  A home equity line of credit is basically  a credit card but you use your house a collateral. You pay at least the minimum amount each month like a credit card and you can keep borrowing. Since it is a relatively safe investment for the bank - they can take your house if you default - interest is  lower than a credit card,  but it is usually higher interest than a mortgage interest. 

We have a line of credit that we haven't used in years, but if we ever have an emergency and need  a large amount of cash right away, we can write out a check on our line of credit.  Emergency to me means the roof caves in on my house, water heater blows or we have a large emergency medical bill, not a great sale at Kohl's, which I think is what the average viewer would consider an emergency. The best part about it is once you have it, they don't take it away from you unless you default. If I lost my job tomorrow, I might have a hard time getting a second mortgage, but I can take money from my line of credit. I imagine if I were one of the striking workers at Verizon I might want to use some of that credit sometime soon  Some people can't afford to save for kid's college AND buy a house, so they use a line of credit when the kid goes to college. Others use it like a credit card. Using it like a credit card is a bad idea if you can't control your spending because the limit is usually much higher than a cc (depending on the value of your house, of course) and you can get into lots of trouble.

The mortgage thing confused me.  It sounded to me that he owed money on his line of credit but JJ didn't seem to care. And I didn't understand what does that had with whether or not the son owed rent? So he sold the house and made a (Very) small amount of profit, if he is owed rent, then he should get it.

I am not even sure if the son owed rent because I don't recall the really being addressed.

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 4

Since it is a relatively safe investment for the bank - they can take your house if you default - interest is  lower than a credit card,  but it is usually higher interest than a mortgage interest.

I have a homeowner line of credit and actually it's advantageous because the interest in scads lower than any credit card - last time I checked, mine was about 3%.

• Love 3
(edited)
26 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I have a homeowner line of credit and actually it's advantageous because the interest in scads lower than any credit card - last time I checked, mine was about 3%.

Yes, mine was pretty low too.  When I was a stay at home mom, we would charge our Christmas presents, pay the credit card bill with the home equity and that would give us a month w/o any interest to pay.  Then we would pay off everything in a few months.  Now I work too an we can afford to pay for Christmas beforehand. I don't like credit card debt and pay our CC bills in full each month.  Watching this show reminds me why I should keep doing that.  Otherwise I can overspend and will have to ask a coworker that I barely know to borrow me money and promise to pay her back when my tax return comes.   Or I would have to let them put my daughter on their tax return instead. 

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 4

I have to share a story of the day when I thought I could be on court tv ;-)

A few weeks ago DD's car got into a wreck.  And I mean just the car.  We woke up one Saturday to a large bang and then an engine noise.  DH looks out the window and says, hmm, why is my car in the neighbors driveway?  Turns out that a teen driver from down the block hit the parked car and pushed it into the driveway next door.  We don't think she was going that fast,  but hit the gas instead of the breaks, which is why we heard the engine noise after the crash.  

DH goes out while I call the non emergency police number.  And I am all ready to put my JJ training to work and, well, my neighbors, who I never met before, were very nice people.  The daughter was freaked out and didn't speak to my husband but she did stop her car and got on the phone to call her parents. Mom & Dad came down the block and once they realized their daughter was ok they apologized profusely. Several times.  Mom said the daughter told them the sun got in her eyes. ( I think she was texting, but if she was, it was probably a good thing because she will never do that again. )

And would you know, the cops came and were very helpful and we have a police report to give to insurance. We were insured and our neighbors were too so there was no issue and no reason to go on a court show.  Mom & Dad even thanked both DH and me for being so nice about the ordeal.  Daughter was able to eek out an apology at one point, (felt so bad for her she was only 17, was shook up and I think intimated by the cops) but once the cops came and took her statement, Dad took her to work.  You know, that place where you do things to make money. Is this the anti-JJ family or what?

I was so disappointed, I was really looking forward to going on a court show (maybe People's Court, JJ Is too crotchety) and sue for emotional distress.  Maybe I still can.  She did wake me up

• Love 12

Emergency to me means the roof caves in on my house, water heater blows or we have a large emergency medical bill, not a great sale at Kohl's,

For quite a few years I kept an open line of credit which cost me nothing until I used (which I never did). I have had my house wrecked by hurricanes twice, being able to wave cash in front of a contractor when everybody needs a new roof in a hurry tends to be helpful in terms of getting work done quickly.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Was the aunt really named LaNausea?

I guess I need to get my hearing checked because many of you heard "LaNausea" but I heard "Menagia" as in...

"I axed my cousin Du'Nahwanna-werque to borrow me some money so I could get a Menagia Twah for one of my baby daddy's birfday present.  He always be texxin me 'bout gettin' nasty with me & another girl for a Menagia. I already spent all my disability & assistance checks on iPhone 6's &X-boxes for my 5 kids."

• Love 8

The captions spelled it Lenasia. Which I think is a pretty name if it is pronounced Lee nayz sha.  

That's the way it is pronounced. Perhaps the problem wasn't the young lady's name, it was the plaintiff's mumbling pronunciation of the name.

• Love 1

The people who KNEW her pronounced it Len-AH-Zha. 

I had a hard time understanding the plaintiff, whether it was her voice or my progressive hearing loss I'm not sure.  Since they know her I'll assume that the way she pronounces her name. 

• Love 1

I had a hard time understanding the plaintiff, whether it was her voice or my progressive hearing loss I'm not sure.  Since they know her I'll assume that the way she pronounces her name. 

(edited)
4 hours ago, Brattinella said:

*files suit for pain and suffering*

Edited by Albino
  • Love 7

Wow, today was a steaming heap of dysfunction.  LaQuanza wanted a jail wedding, on Valentine's Day, while her fiancé was awaiting trial for attempted murder.   Ain't love grand.

• Love 10

Wow, today was a steaming heap of dysfunction.  LaQuanza wanted a jail wedding, on Valentine's Day, while her fiancé was awaiting trial for attempted murder.   Ain't love grand.

Ep 1, Case 1 - Chris Erickson was suing Phillip Enholm for stealing an old truck. Phillip was Chris' late mother's husband. Phillip said he and Chris' late mom married in a "confidential marriage." (??) Then, back in 2001, Chris' mom and Phil were arrested/convicted for making and selling meth, and they spent a good amount of time in prison. Chris said her mother and Phil's marriage was not legal, so the truck should be hers. JJ said that the mother may have lived a wasted life, but she chose to live it with Phil (when she wasn't in jail). So, the 20 y.o. truck was ruled to be Phil's. Phil was countersuing because of pain and suffering (high blood pressure, displacement, bullshit), and you know how JJ dealt with that. If this case was on Judge Mathis (who I love), he would have told Phillip that he still has "crackish ways" because he will not be honest about his past misdeeds.

Ep 1, Case 2 - Craig Allen was suing for a security deposit from ex-gf Sarah Powers. Craig must have been broke as a joke when they first met because he said his rent (before moving in with Sarah) had been $400, and he was living alone. In my area, that wouldn't buy a cardboard box to live in. Sarah's counterclaim was for money for car fees, moving expenses, and a loan for his eye surgery. JJ ruled that Craig was owed his security deposit, and she ruled that he needs to go get some glasses because his surgery didn't work. JJ awarded Sarah the cost of his eye surgery only. Craig worked to ruined Sarah's rep in the hallterview.

Ep 2, Case 1 - Juanita Johnson was suing ex-bf Andre Smith, Jr. for totaling her car and unpaid bills. Andre said Juanita was all sorts of angry one day when she came home from the supermarket.....She said that she didn't want to hear his mouth - complaining about taking a long time to grocery shop! Or was the fight really about Andre's wife and the twins on the way, as Andre said? Either way, Andre was like, psh, I'm driving to my wife's! He grabbed Juanita's car keys and crashed the car on the way. Oh, and Andre has epilepsy and isn't supposed to drive a car at all! It's obvious that Andre thinks walking's for chumps, though. JJ asked about Andre's finances. He claimed he makes $8000/week as a day-laborer (construction), but he has refused to pay child support. What?! Is this another litigant who is able to flash tens of thousands of dollars out of the car window?! People are making money out there in the world -- but what am I doing wrong? Sadly, I can only flash about $5 out the window...at the Dairy Queen drive-through...and only when I can afford to buy a special treat. I can't focus on the end of this case now. I want money, and I also want Dairy Queen.

Ep 2, Case 2 - LaQuanza Miller was suing wedding pastor Tanya Perez for a wedding fee. LaQ's bd is incarcerated for attempted murder, and they planned to marry on Valentine's (or Valentime's) Day. I think Rev. Tanya is actually a puppet -- she had puppet eyes and eyelashes, a puppet mouth, and a puppet voice. Tanya said that LaQ was late getting to the prison on the wedding day and that LaQ hadn't even added her to the visitation list. LaQ said that the website wouldn't accept Pastor Puppet's info. Yet, LaQ believed that was all PP Tanya's fault. JJ told her, "That may have been a blessing in disguise. I guess you'll know after the trial." LaQ's stupid ass didn't understand a word of that. JJ was tired of trying to get through LaQ's thick head, and she dismissed the case.

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, Quof said:

Oh, there was definitely a theme for today: People who make bad choices for mates.

5 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

Ep 2, Case 1 - ... JJ asked about Andre's finances. He claimed he makes $8000/week as a day-laborer (construction), but he has refused to pay child support. What?! Is this another litigant who is able to flash tens of thousands of dollars out of the car window?! People are making money out there in the world -- but what am I doing wrong? ...

I'm not saying it isn't possible to make $8000 a week in construction, I am saying that Andre probably isn't good at math.

• Love 8

$8000 per week!  Wowie Andre you could afford a chauffeur!  What a dim bulb.  It's too far to walk.  Why do normal-seeming women hook up with married, with children and expecting more, no money, men like Andre?  How does he extrapolate from "She kicked me out of her house" to "It is okay for me to take her car".  I don't get it.

• Love 6