Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Okay, my brilliant and intuitive PT Forum friends --- what do you think were the untold details of the story of the giant daughter who opened credit cards in her mother's name?

I had ideas in my head, but none of them seem to pan out. 

- I thought that maybe the mom didn't want the daughter to get arrested? -- But she did file a lawsuit, so I'm not sure that's an excuse.

- Maybe the mother, Brunilda, has some credit issues of her own and doesn't want to contact the creditors because they'll have no sympathy?

- Maybe the mother is not legally in the US, has a fake SS number that she has used to get credit cards of her own, and doesn't want to have phone conversations with credit card companies/credit bureaus?

I have no idea.  And I don't understand what the son was talking about -- after Brunilda gave a slack-jawed stare and whimpered 'no' to JJ after being told to call the credit card companies, her son took the mic and said that she did call, 'but it was too late.' WTF does that mean?

The woman with the big lip injections and the greasy ex-boyfriend --- that was a big waste of time.

• Love 8

I have no idea.  And I don't understand what the son was talking about -- after Brunilda gave a slack-jawed stare and whimpered 'no' to JJ after being told to call the credit card companies, her son took the mic and said that she did call, 'but it was too late.' WTF does that mean?

I think it meant that the two or three months' worth of bills showed up before mom made any calls.  The CC company wouldn't have any sympathy by that point.

Pouty-lips woman -- another case of JJ not believing that someone would loan cash.  The ex-BF admitted in the hallterview that she gave/loaned him the money.  Why was it in cash though? 

Seems like a lot of shysters are making their way to the show lately.

• Love 5

Okay, my brilliant and intuitive PT Forum friends --- what do you think were the untold details of the story of the giant daughter who opened credit cards in her mother's name?

- I thought that maybe the mom didn't want the daughter to get arrested? -- But she did file a lawsuit, so I'm not sure that's an excuse.

- Maybe the mother, Brunilda, has some credit issues of her own and doesn't want to contact the creditors because they'll have no sympathy?

- Maybe the mother is not legally in the US, has a fake SS number that she has used to get credit cards of her own, and doesn't want to have phone conversations with credit card companies/credit bureaus?

I wish we had heard more details, too. Because the daughter admitted to some of the fraud in the hallterview. Surprisingly, JJ didn't ask how the mother knew her daughter did it.

• Love 4

I realize that the folks we see on this show are in on way representative of the "general population."  (Lordy, I hope not, anyway!) But in today's assortment, man, there were a BUNCH of people with absolutely NO concept of money! A mix of new and repeats, I think. First, no job, but let's get a "bungalow" with boyfriend who also has no job, and then clear out 401K to pay for "stuff." Huh? And she was no spring chicken, so may be needing said 401K in the very near future! Or maybe she was eligible to take it out, but to then spend it on do nothing boyfriend?  

Then the teenager who moved to Wisconsin from New Mexico to live with (creepy) online-boyfriend of 2 months.  Again, no jobs, no income, but a disputed laptop and requisite protective orders.

And the goofball who let her friend put a $600 birthday present for a boyfriend on goofball's credit card. Why would anyone (even a JJ-type) think giving a $600 gift was appropriate when you are unemployed, and couldn't put it on your own credit card?  I appreciate wanting to help out a friend, and these two girls seemed very young, but wow.

Then there was Brunilda and her daughter. I have no doubt that the daughter opened all those credit cards, and in the hallterview, nearly admitted as much, but again, just open a card in every store with no concept (or intention?) of paying it back? Auntie Pam, I think you hit the nail on the head - Mom spent 2 or 3 months nagging the daughter to pay up, she refused, so now she's trying small claims court. Almost like daughter figured they'd just come on the show and Mom would win, she'd get to keep all the goodies from Macy's and everybody would be happy.  Glad Judy said, "NO!"  Don't figure mom will follow through, though. Hope she learned a lesson.

If I was loaning a friend $100, I could see handing it over in cash, or a check since I'm still into those.  But if it was $3600 for Snidely Whiplash's  mortgage payments, I hope I'd have the sense to get a cashier's check payable to the bank.  But I don't think I'd hand over a wad of cash like that.

Thus endeth the daily rant.

• Love 8

I don't know what the fuck happened but the daughter looked like Pizza the Hutt, and that's real. And she was wearing technicolors and it caused my understanding to tweet #messedup.

I think WOOKIE HONGRY might've gotten the go-ahead from her mom to open up one or two cards, maybe, and she got carried away. She probably bought a few size-Huge dresses from Macy's and then disappeared on her mom, leaving her holding the bag. Or maybe the daughter was buying stuff for her kids, on nana, and hadn't gotten around to paying.

I think there was a language/culture barrier with the mom, and, like you said, I think there may be some questionable immigration status stuff going on, which is why she didn't want to press the issue. Both she and her son seemed to not quite get it, and I don't think it was because they were some of a Spanish. Or, it wasn't just because of that. They wanted JJ to just reimburse them for the money she spent, but JJ was saying before you sue, you go to the store and say the card was opened fraudulently. That might land the daughter in jail for fraud, which I don't think her mother wanted, but that's how you handle that problem. Ultimately, the store would need to be reimbursed for items purchased with a falsely obtained charge card, not the mother. Aaaand maybe it's just bullshit in me, but her ingles got pretty bueno en el hallterview. In court she was sounding like that Mexican maid on Family Guy (ah nooo...Mr. Superman es not here...), but in the hallway she didn't even have an accent. Even Sophia Vergara keeps up the act for TMZ, know what I'm saying?

• Love 9
QuoteQuote

the giant daughter

Haven't read all the posts on this but this case had me beating my head against the wall. Does momma think she can continue letting her immense daughter - who appeared to be wearing a bathing suit under her/his giant muumuu(?) - use the credit cards and each time the bills amount to small claims limit just sue for the money? JJ, you made a mistake and that was in thinking that son Daniel seemed like a smart boy. He's not, since we got the same ridiculous nonsense - "She couldn't call the CC companies because she didn't know the cards were being used WHILE they were being used." Duh. Most people don't. If I saw a purchase I hadn't made on a card I don't own I do think I'd call and dispute it AND cancel the card. Of course, I have nothing to hide. Not saying Brunilda does either, but if she doesn't  then she's the dumbest, most dense person out there. And so is Daniel. The only one who seems to have some craftiness going on is the mountainous Tina.

But if it was $3600 for Snidely Whiplash's  mortgage payments

Snidely Whiplash! Choking here. Bwahaha! But just what I was thinking. Plaintiff didn't seem to be idiot (do massive collegen injections affect the brain?) so why on earth would she give an ex-boyfriend - who can't pay his own bills - all that cash? It's nuts. Her witness looked like Snidely's older brother. That woman seems to have a "type."

Have to edit again becuz:

I don't know what the fuck happened but the daughter looked like Pizza the Hutt, and that's real. And she was wearing technicolors and it caused my understanding to tweet #messedup.

I think WOOKIE HONGRY might've gotten the go-ahead from her mom to open up one or two cards, maybe, and she got carried away. She probably bought a few size-Huge dresses from Macy's

OH shitohmydear! Triple "bwahaha!"

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4
The only one who seems to have some craftiness going on is the mountainous Tina.

Now Angela, that was just mean. Even if she was wearing every color in the whole world, you did not have to call her Mount Midoriyama. You did not have to call her Mount Midoriyama and say if anybody ever makes it to the top they will win $1,000,000 and be crowned American Ninja Warrior. Because that was just disrespectful.

• Love 5

I think WOOKIE HONGRY might've gotten the go-ahead from her mom to open up one or two cards, maybe, and she got carried away. She probably bought a few size-Huge dresses from Macy's

OH shitohmydear! Triple "bwahaha!"

A to the MEN! 

I love how 27bored is ballsy enough to say everything I'm thinking.

• Love 6

Is there a limit to how soon you have to report credit card fraud? If there is, there shouldn't be. A lot of people wouldn't know immediately. My guess is that the CC companies required a police report and mama wasn't going to have her daughter locked up.

What was crazier was that the son seemed to get exactly what JJ was saying, until she let him speak. Then he sounded as clueless as the mother. I'm not buying it.

JJ did that thing she does that drives me crazy in the second case. Just because someone did something in a way she wouldn't have done it, she dismissed the case. The defendant admitted in the hallterview that he got the cash. But JJ didn't even bother to ask him that during the trial. I have little sympathy for the plaintiff because she did something really stupid, but that doesn't mean she's not entitled to her money back.

• Love 8

Let's start backwards with the obvious premise that the mother and daughter wanted to scam the show to pay their debt.  I think we can all agree on that?  Looks like JJ did, too.

I do believe that the cards were opened without the mother's consent.  She wanted to recoup the money without involving the police.  Why?  There could be lots of reasons, my guess is the daughter has priors, and it would be taken seriously by law enforcement.  The daughter might have lied and said she'd pay back, and eventually the mother realized that she wouldn't, and by then had accumulated 3 months of expenses.

• Love 11

JJ did that thing she does that drives me crazy in the second case. Just because someone did something in a way she wouldn't have done it, she dismissed the case. The defendant admitted in the hallterview that he got the cash. But JJ didn't even bother to ask him that during the trial. I have little sympathy for the plaintiff because she did something really stupid, but that doesn't mean she's not entitled to her money back.

YES!!  This drives me nuts!  I get that JJ feels like the Plaintiffs in these cases should learn a lesson the hard way, but that's letting the smarmy cheats get away with it.  That doesn't happen in My America!!!

• Love 6

What everyone else said and this: Byrd chiding JJ just so subtly that she was not being understood by the plaintiff and needed to handle it differently. One doesn't usually see Byrd talking back to JJ. To her credit, she got it and adjusted what she was saying.

• Love 4

Loving the theories about the credit card situation. 

I'm rethinking my own actions because, when I get mail from credit card companies with whom I don't have accounts, I don't even open the envelopes. I tear them in half and throw them in the recycle bin. Maybe I should open them and take a look, in case some Rikishi out there is buying muumuus in my name. 

I think it was the collagen lipster-Snidely Whiplash case....JJ screamed "GO BACK TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT!" Not that I want to align myself with those litigants, but if she had screamed that at me, I would have been really confused. I'd think, 'but what am I here for?" The show tells people to drop their actions in small claims court to appear on the show, where JJ will act as a mediator/judge for their small claims case. At times, there seem to be good reasons to divert litigants back to court (you're suing the wrong person, for example). Maybe I missed something (totally possible), but she just seemed cranky and disinterested, so she gave them the bum's rush.

• Love 3

We never got to see the "evidence" that Ms. Collegen (who really didn't appear to be the usual, "But I trusted him! Oh how I loved that man of mine!" moron) presented, but I have a feeling it didn't look totally legit, therefore she had no real proof and Snidely certainly wasn't going to admit it there.

If you merely show a cash withdrawal, there has to be a lot more - like coincidental dates, times, events, etc. - to make it more likely than not that the cash was to give to someone else.

• Love 3

I understand why she dismissed the case without prejudice. You can't verify cash transactions, which is why people are crazy to do business in cash. If it's over $100, check and some type of written agreement that it's a loan. Don't pass someone a few twenties because guess what? PEOPLE TELL LIES.

It's always funny when people say "I'll never loan money to a friend again." But there's just a way adults should conduct themselves, and that means understanding people better than they understand themselves sometimes. People whose ass drag the ground all the time don't understand the importance of paying people back because they're only focused on their next source of money. But as long as you cover yourself with documentation of the exact amount and that you expect to be repaid, you will eventually get your money back.

Also, husbands and wives live together; boyfriends and girlfriends don't. I know it sounds old-fashioned, but your life simple. Roommates are one thing, but playing house is a recipe for disaster especially if you're only living together because you're avoiding roommates or living at home.

• Love 6

'but what am I here for?" The show tells people to drop their actions in small claims court to appear on the show, where JJ will act as a mediator/judge for their small claims case. At times, there seem to be good reasons to divert litigants back to court (you're suing the wrong person, for example).

I think sometimes there is one of two things at work.   One, is that the Snidley is so scummy that she wants to make sure HE pays the "fine", rather than the show's coffers.  As I understand it, any awards won are paid by the show.  Maybe why she also threw Brunilda's case out.  Daughter figured she'd rack up the charges, Mommy would pay, and when Mommy didn't, "Let's go on JJ and let them pay the bill."  So by tossing it back, the loser really has to cough up the funds. Hopefully.

The other one, and maybe this is what happened with Ms. Collagen, is to give her time to pull the documents together so she COULD prove/win her case. Like Angela said above, just showing I took the money out of my account in no way proves what happened to it. If Snidely had admitted that he took the cash, that would work, but it is her burden to prove, and she couldn't.  So rather than end it with an outright dismissal, JJ let her have another chance back home.

I also wonder how long the cases actually take, and how much is edited out. I would guess, too, that the parties are pretty well vetted by production, based on some of the questions she often asks.  "When was the last time you were incarcerated, sir?"  always surprises me when it is the first thing out of her mouth.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 5

WOOKIE HONGRY

Thank you! Thank you! I needed a good snort after a brutal meeting this morning!

My question re: Wookie was that they said one card was Abercrombie & Fitch.  I just had to check online to be sure, but WTF????  A&F has nothing over a size 14 in women's and there is no separate tarp department.  The children's clothes are pretty expensive ($60. hoodies), so who was she buying for?  If it was for her kid then here we go again:

"Ain't got no money, ain't got no credit but sure as hell ain't gonna shop Target clearance either"

That seems to be the JJ litigant mantra.

• Love 7

THIS. There's no doubt in my mind the mom didn't want to complain because they didn't want Wookiette to get arrested. Cos they they would probably have to come and bail her out and she would never pay the money back even if she promised (shades of "If You Give a Mouse A Cookie", maybe "If you Give a Crook a Loophole" or "If you Give A Wookie a Bailout")

Cool Whip Lite - be careful about just putting your credit card stuff in the recycle bin. I used to do that until I got notification from American Express that they were sending my new business card to my house in Miami - except I don't live in Miami and I don't have a travel agency in my home. Seems that somebody tried stealing my identity and applying as a small business. They didn't even have my correct mother's maiden name but apparently it went right through. I called the cops but since they card wasn't yet sent they wouldn't prosecute. I learned not to put anything in the garbage or recycle bin unless it was shredded beyond recognition.

And I hate to inform JJ but I don't pay any monthly bills by check except my HOA fee (because they want to charge me $9 a month to pay it online). EVERYTHING I pay is online - mortgage, utilities, DISH network, credit cards, etc. Except for my HOA the only time I write a check is when I misplace my debit card. And I'm old (not as old as JJ).  

• Love 7
My question re: Wookie was that they said one card was Abercrombie & Fitch.  I just had to check online to be sure, but WTF????  A&F has nothing over a size 14 in women's and there is no separate tarp department.

I said just about the same thing to my DH. A&F and American Eagle are for skinny young things, not us mature "traditionally built" ladies.

And I'm not half the size of the lovely and talented Tina but I know damn well there isn't anything except maybe jewelry I could fit in at either of those stores. I have size 4 nieces; when those stores were "cool" (neither of them doing particularly well these days IIRC) I bought their Xmas presents from AF/AE. 

• Love 2

And I'm not half the size of the lovely and talented Tina but I know damn well there isn't anything except maybe jewelry I could fit in at either of those stores.

I think maybe she was buying expensive clothes at those stores and selling them. I'm pretty sure this isn't Tina's first foray into fraud/scams/crimes.

• Love 7

JJ fans, I have a date with Patricia Bean tonight.  I am traveling to my weekend house, where I have not been for a few weeks.  If the DVR gods are with me, that episode is still recorded there.  So says my Cablevision app.

I will report back on the ensuing hilarity.

• Love 5

Today's "unlawful eviction" case was fun.  It appeared that the tenant may not have paid any rent at all, except for maybe the first of the five months she was in the apartment.  She had no rent receipts -- "because the landlord took all my stuff!" 

The first kicker was when she said she never received the notice to vacate.  Landlord to JJ:  "She signed it."  JJ compares signatures -- yep, she signed it.  Then the squatter says she had taken that notice to an agency that would help her pay the rent.  Then she says she didn't follow through because she had gotten a job and didn't want to have the federal government pay her bills.  Or some such bullshit. 

I never thought I'd feel sorry for a landlord, but I sorta did today.

• Love 6

she said she never received the notice to vacate.  Landlord to JJ:  "She signed it."

Ooops. I don't know, but I think if I were publicly confronted with my blatant lies, I'd feel quite a bit of humiliation. it's funny how people can afford all kinds of other things but just can't pay their rent.

What really got me was Mr. Whackoff (or whatever). Nope, he don't know nothing about the cash advances on the credit card that were done on the days he had it. Has no idea how that happened! Except that in the hall he said, "I told her I was sorry." More people lacking shame.

• Love 5

Today's "unlawful eviction" case was fun.  It appeared that the tenant may not have paid any rent at all, except for maybe the first of the five months she was in the apartment.  She had no rent receipts -- "because the landlord took all my stuff!" 

The first kicker was when she said she never received the notice to vacate.  Landlord to JJ:  "She signed it."  JJ compares signatures -- yep, she signed it.  Then the squatter says she had taken that notice to an agency that would help her pay the rent.  Then she says she didn't follow through because she had gotten a job and didn't want to have the federal government pay her bills.  Or some such bullshit. 

I never thought I'd feel sorry for a landlord, but I sorta did today.

When they showed the picture of her stove with all the grease stains, I could only think that she really doesn't need to be frying her food. I'm not fat-shaming either, I'm speaking from experience.

I've gotten myself down almost to my high school weight simply by changing my eating habits. If the plaintiff doesn't change hers, she's not going to be around very long to provide for her child.

Regarding the case itself, I despise when litigants who haven't paid their rent indignantly say that the landlord knew their situation. Just because you tell your landlord you're going through financial difficulty doesn't mean they lose their right to rent. Is he supposed to pay his mortgage with her sob story? And she was suing him? Why? I'm glad he won his counterclaim.

• Love 10

I could only think that she really doesn't need to be frying her food.

And in such quantities and volume that grease is all over the ceiling! She's not doing her son any favours either. And the "he knew my situation."  I'm making car payments. I wonder if I could give a sob story to Toyota and they would let me skip payments for months? I think this attitude comes from the landlord being an actual human and not a faceless corporation. Or is the rationale that he owns this whole building so he must be rich? We do know that many deadbeats here won't pay because the person who loaned them money has more than they do, so "He/she drives a BMW and doesn't need my money."

• Love 7

Future JJ litigant? From a Livejournal comm for snarking advice columns: http://cf-abby-tribute.livejournal.com/725783.html

I’m 39 and he is 44. ... My boyfriend ... is not financially successful or stable... making an average of 2k a month... I do know that every time Sallie Mae calls him, he hangs up on the lender. He wants to marry me and has given me an engagement ring, but I am having cold feet because of his debt. I don’t feel safe starting a life with him. I am not the type to go in 50/50. I think the man should be the sole provider
(argh, I can't get out of quote mode!) Columnist channels her inner JJ: "You’ve been an adult for roughly twenty years. Who’s been supporting you all this time?"
  • Love 1

but I am having cold feet because of his debt.

What's her problem? We see women on this show clinging like limpets to  "men" who owe 20K in back child support.

I am not the type to go in 50/50. I think the man should be the sole provider

OMG. She'll need to get in a time machine and go back to circa 1945. Reminds me of an older ep I was just watching, where Mom was suing daughter and her new hubby for wedding expenses. Mom said new hubby - a creepy, freaky looking liar - promised he would "support and take care" of her daughter. JJ looks at daughter standing there, towering over and outweighing hubby, and said, "Why can't she support herself? She looks pretty healthy to me. "

• Love 3

Then she says she didn't follow through because she had gotten a job and didn't want to have the federal government pay her bills.  Or some such bullshit.

Yea, that's the ticket. Cos she would rather NOT pay her own bills than worry about having to pay the government back or trying to qualify for something. I think she probably owes the government money somewhere along the line and wants to fly under the radar so they don't come after her (cos the government doesn't care and won't quit) 

I think people just don't pay attention to what the terms are, just the payments and it is like credit cards, you can't do that and expect to get the things paid off.

Student loans are like anything else in our quick-fix society. Sign now, pay (out the nose) later. It's the rent-to-own of the educational system. I rode my kids about getting grants and scholarships when they went to college - they both got through 4 years without anything to pay back - of course they worked through JC and four year schools and didn't go to those shady colleges that advertise during Jerry Springer and JJ (in between the lawyer referrals and ads for medical studies). There are tons of scholarships, maybe $500 apiece here and there, but it adds up. Plus they applied for employee assistance where they worked. 

the dog at the bathroom.

so. . . who let the dog out??? (whoop, whoop, whoop - couldn't resist). No seriously, who let the dog out? 

• Love 2

Not sure how I feel about today's cases.  Couple breaks up after four years, where it appears they shared living expenses almost equally.  They bought some things together, which he kept, and she wants to be paid something for them.  I don't know what she expected -- it would be hard to apportion value for items that had been used for two-three years.  But it wasn't really fair that the BF got to keep everything.

Grandma and the clothes she bought for her grandsons.  Kids leave the "nice" clothes behind after their shared custody time with dad and they come home in rags, apparently.  Grandma sues.  JJ was right -- she needs to stop buying clothes and the kids need to learn to pack up their stuff. 

My stepson had the same problem.  He has custody of his two daughters, and when they were small, they'd come back from their mom's looking like something from Oliver Twist.  He quickly learned not to pack their best clothes when they visited their mom.

• Love 5
The 'old crackhead' was found dead hang his self today -fyi

Which specific litigant is this? (Lots of old crackheads come and go on this show.)

Honestly, couldn't Grannie have just asked the kids to bring the clothes back next time they were at their dad's house?

Granny seemed like a control freak. JJ was right; there's a simple solution. Stop spending money on clothes for kids who aren't responsible enough to take care of them. I doubt the father, who doesn't seem at all like a deadbeat to me, was denying them the ability to take their clothes with them when they left his house.

His ex is living with her mother and not paying rent, but he's the deadbeat? Okay.

I'll tell you when I started taking care of my clothes; it was when I got a job as a teenager and started buying them myself. It's amazing how much more people care about things when they have paid for them. It's the same reason we see cases in which tenants have destroyed a rental property. Not all tenants do it, but we see a lot cases like that on JJ.

Edited by teebax
  • Love 7

Honestly, couldn't Grannie have just asked the kids to bring the clothes back next time they were at their dad's house? 

I bet that the kids are purposely leaving the clothes at the father's house and they prefer the "dirty" clothes that they have at their dads, especially the 15 year old.  How many boys want to wear clothes that their grandmother buys and irons for them?  I highly doubt this control freak goes shopping with the boys and lets them pick stuff out.  She probably buys them stuff  like button down shirts and slacks while the teen probably wants to wear a pair of jeans and a concert T-shirt.

I don't think the dad is a deadbeat but I don't like how JJ shamed the kids mother for living with her own mother.  She needs a little help and that is not a bad thing.  JJ is a little self righteous in that department.  (The woman does needs to get out of her mom's house soon but for reasons that have nothing to do with money.)

• Love 4

I wouldn't have criticized the plaintiff's daughter for living with her had the plaintiff not been such a freaking hypocrite about it. Sure, lots of people have to move home during hard times, but maybe granny should spend some of the "tons" of money she claims she spends on clothes toward helping her daughter get her own place.

It's so important to her that the kids have nice, ironed clothing for school. I bet the kids would like it more if they had their own house and didn't have to live with that control freak, who I'm sure never misses an opportunity to criticize their daddy.

Someone who works, shares custody, and maintains his own place is in no way a deadbeat. We watch JJ; we know what deadbeat dads are. Granny probably thinks he should be paying child support or alimony or something. If custody is 50/50, there's no reason he should. JJ was right; she needs to stay out of it. The arrangement seems to working for the exes, so why is she being a shit-stirrer?

• Love 7

I'll tell you when I started taking care of my clothes; it was when I got a job as a teenager and started buying them myself.

That'll do it, won't it? Many people don't take care of things when someone else is footing the bills. We see adults of all ages crashing cars and trashing apartments, because they didn't pay for them therefore have no value. I never took care of stuff either until I had to buy them myself.

Yes, Grandma is rather bossy and domineering, but her lumpish, passive daughter needs to get out on her own. As long as a person lives with Mommy or Daddy, they can never be an adult even if they're fifty.

It was like watching Patricia Bean all over again, with her prim, prissy attitude.

But without the foul language.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3

I am another one wondering why granny wasn't asking the teenagers to return home with the clothes they were sent in.  Or, as JJ said, send them in old clothes.   Loved how granny was bragging that she irons and makes sure they looked really great before they go to school and JJ said "I was a working gal.  I left at 6 a.m.  If my kids wanted ironed clothes, they ironed."  lol - not so special there, granny.

• Love 6

Grandma and the clothes she bought for her grandsons.  Kids leave the "nice" clothes behind after their shared custody time with dad and they come home in rags, apparently.  Grandma sues.  JJ was right -- she needs to stop buying clothes and the kids need to learn to pack up their stuff.

Used to babysit for a lady many years ago with a teenage stepson. They would buy the stepson really nice clothes and the stepson would return from his bio mom in rags, including no underwear (or a few times the mother's underwear. So they would send the kid in plain t-shirts and cheap clothes and keep their "nice" clothes at their house. 

Grandma just needed to vent. . . . about how lousy the kids' father was. Well, Grandma, why did your daughter pick such a losah and make babies with him?  I imagine Grandma startching and ironing the kids boxer shorts . At least it wasn't about an X-box this time. 

• Love 3