Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: The Silos

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

Intelligence investigates a gruesome case. Upon further examination, it appears the victim was wearing a CPD-issued wire at the time of his death. Meanwhile, Burgess meets her new partner, Julie Tay, who came from one of the worst assignments in the city. Together they respond to their first call, and Tay shares details of her past. Additionally, Commander Crowley confronts Lindsay about why she and Voight were at that location on the night that Intelligence pursued Justin's killer.

I really like Brugess' new partner. Still struggling to like Burgess (her "I will NOT hesitate!" was way over acted and heavy handed). 

I didn't think Erin would turn against Voigt but I am hoping that they aren't as chummy as previous seasons. Some emotional distance will do them both good. 

On a shallow note, did Sophia get a bad haircut this summer? Cause she had a really obvious hairpiece and I'm impressed I was able to focus on anything. Lovely color but way too distracting. 

• Love 4

I think she would have had to dig up the body right after it happened, or Crowley/diggers would have been able to tell it was recently disturbed.

I like the new patrol cop. 

I declared last season that I was going to pretend first season CFD dickhead Hank was an aberration because I love him on CPD. That being said, and acknowledging Casey is a stand-up guy - I don't know that the condolences would have been so chummy. I thought them using each other's first names as too familiar for someone who tried to kill the other.

• Love 2

I am so relieved to see I am not the only person who noticed Sophia's hair piece!  She has gorgeous hair so I have no idea what they were thinking.  It was distracting.

Burgess can go.  Tay is a good addition.

I thought Hank's "thank you" to Lindsey was in regards to her moving the body, but I wasn't sure.  It looks like it was.  Wow!  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TheHappinessHotel said:

I am so relieved to see I am not the only person who noticed Sophia's hair piece!  She has gorgeous hair so I have no idea what they were thinking.  It was distracting.

I thought Hank's "thank you" to Lindsey was in regards to her moving the body, but I wasn't sure.  It looks like it was.  Wow!  

Me too! As soon as the first scene she was in I noticed right away.  How bad could her hair possibly be. 

I've actually heard of using kids who have been busted to get drug dealers on the Merideth Viera show ( hangs head in shame).

• Love 1

I wonder if for continuity they needed her hair to match when they stopped filming a few month back?

Another part was wondering if the god awful Chicago humidity we've had all summer--they start filming in late July,  was giving her hair issues?

Edited by sheetmoss
17 hours ago, TheHappinessHotel said:

I am glad to know that I was neither imagining things with Sophia Bush's hair (so impractical as well as unflattering!) nor being impossibly dense at the end when I was confused why Voight was thanking her.

I like Officer Tay also. Congrats to that actress escaping from Quantico.

18 hours ago, betsyboo said:

I think she would have had to dig up the body right after it happened, or Crowley/diggers would have been able to tell it was recently disturbed.

I like the new patrol cop. 

I declared last season that I was going to pretend first season CFD dickhead Hank was an aberration because I love him on CPD. That being said, and acknowledging Casey is a stand-up guy - I don't know that the condolences would have been so chummy. I thought them using each other's first names as too familiar for someone who tried to kill the other.

Agreed, no way was anyone dug up in that spot. Either Lindsay doesn't know the final details or the details don't include that site.

NBC also likes to pretend that first season Chicago Fire Voight never happened, or that somehow he wasn't really an amoral homicidal asshole.

• Love 3

I am hoping Voight was thanking Lindsey for not ratting him out. I really hope she did not move a body for him. Sophia is so gorgeous her hair, uggh, she also looked kind of tired to me. Maybe they were trying to make her look bad to convey her stress?

Burgess can leave now, her new partner is already 1000% times more interesting to me.

On a shallow note I do love seeing Jay kick some bad guy ass!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I am hoping Voight was thanking Lindsey for not ratting him out. I really hope she did not move a body for him.

Burgess can leave now, her new partner is already 1000% times more interesting to me.

Agreed.  I'm sure they won't go into it after this episode but my hope is that Erin chose Voight, told him she was choosing him, and then he paid one of his Mob buddies to move the body and make the soil look undisturbed.  I can live with Erin not turning on Voight (since he's not going anywhere), and even walking away when she knows he's going to commit a crime, but I don't want her doing his dirty work for him.  Not even a little.  It seems like an invisible distinction but it's there for me.

I hope that Tay is in this for the long haul because already her backstory and potential are far more interesting to me than the ups and downs of Burgess' love life.  I don't mind seeing bits of Erin's love life for two reasons: 1) she and Jay don't take over the show or even that much of the episodes and, 2) Erin has lots of other things going on in her life so the occasional relationship stuff (like Jay suggesting they live together) isn't a big deal due to the balance.  Burgess' story feels like it's 99% about her love life rather than anything else.

• Love 4

Maybe Erin will quit again soon...third times a charm. 

Seriously can they make her any more miserable, it is sucking the life out of this show, at least for me anyway. I know I am in minority.

The best parts of the episode were Antonio taking charge and giving advice to Atwater & seeing Al & Ruzek back working together. Those parts had more of the season one feel, which is what made this show good. I hope they get back to that this season.

I was a little annoyed with Burgess's attitude when Tay first showed up, it was such a rehash of when Roman turned up only this time it was Burgess being horrible to her new partner & I actually like Burgess.

Tay..to early to tell, but off the bat she a definite trade up on Roman so I was happy with that & seeing two females cops together should be interesting. Although of course a female cop turns up with more love life drama's...seems like that's the only thing they are good for in this show sometimes.

Jason Beghe, again showed his acting chops & acted rings around everyone else. He was outstanding. Excellent work.

The rest....meh, same story...different season.

Carter moved a body for Fusco on POI and nobody got bothered about the disturbed soil either, although the timeline there was much clearer, she did it the night before they started digging and she was also alone*.  If the plot's good enough for  POI I'll accept it here too: Lindsey herself did the reburial. I don't think that this is the end of the story but I hope the show does not go for the obvious (a witness seeing Lindsey or the body being recovered) but focuses on the emotional fall-out. Jay will have a good idea what happened and the relationship between Voight and Lindsey has changed dramatically. Both could be interesting plots to follow through.

Glad Burgess got teamed up with a female cop. Hopefully that saves us from more moronic stories of her falling in love with her partner. I'm pretty sure that was also staff Sergeant Platt's reasoning - getting Tay out of the ticket writing assignment was just an added bonus.

*Well she had Bear with her but I'd rather not think about any help he could have provided.

Edited by MissLucas

I need to find a recap because I am so confused.

Voight's son was killed by some drug dealer.  Voight found him, shot him, and then buried him near the silos on last season's finale.  Lindsey apparently dug up this body and moved it somewhere?

This is not the same drug dealer that was found torched in a car wearing a CPD wire and the son of the dad that came to that crime scene, right?  The guy in the car is the brother of the woman who was busted for possession?

@greyhorse I was equally confused about the person in the torched car at first. I also thought it was the same drug dealer until the story unfolded. Probably because it was the same location. Or. Looked like it anyway. But no, it wasn't the same guy. This victim was innocent he was just trying to protect his sister from a drug arrest a that some overzealous cop dreamed up to get her own arrest rate higher.

im still confused about Lindsay's role in the other case. Don't know if she moved the body or if Hank never actually buried it there? Guess we'll find out as the season progresses.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

This victim was innocent he was just trying to protect his sister from a drug arrest a that some overzealous cop dreamed up to get her own arrest rate higher.

Not really.  The sister wasn't arrested--the cop was trying to use her to get to a dealer who sold to the sister, which is pretty common.  That was actually a minor plot point--that the cop DIDN'T arrest her.

No but she threatened the kid with 10 years when she wouldn't have gotten anything close, and the cop admitted that she was just trying to boost her own numbers and didn't care how she did it or if anyone got hurt in the process.

Edited by Sake614

I don't know what Illinois drug laws are, but the girl wasn't a complete innocent.  She had drugs that she knew were illegal, and the only reason she didn't use what she had on her was the arrest.  I got the impression that either the cop exaggerated the possible penalty or the girl totally didn't understand whatever she was told, because really, "Class X felony"?  That actually sounds like someone was going to look up the right degree and just never got around to it.  The cop wasn't entirely right, but the sister wasn't either.  And frankly, her dumb brother couldn't have gone undercover with a major drug dealer without having his own connections.  Dealers like that don't just operate like Wal-Mart with all comers welcome.  The brother 100000% didn't deserve what happened to him, and that's completely on the dealer, but all three of them--cop. sister, brother--seemed to have gotten in over their heads and their floundering around made everything worse.

I don't know how old the siblings were supposed to be but it struck me as odd that neither of them ever considered talking to a lawyer. It was not that the girl was innocent - she wasn't - but the cop had claimed that it was a class X felony because she was within 1000 feet of a school and she would get ten years. Judging from Erin and Jay's reaction at least parts of that were complete bs.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who isn't Burgess' biggest fan. Whenever I see comments on twitter it feels like I am.

I thought that Lindsay's hair was distracting, too, especially since interviews said the new season picks up about a couple of weeks after the S3 finale and Lindsay's hair was shorter and lighter then. I really don't get it.

As far as Erin and digging up the body are concerned - I think that they left it ambiguous on purpose. On the one hand, they show Erin alone, at the Silos, and then Crowley doesn't find anything. On the other hand - Lindsay is just gone for a few hours that day. How would she be able to dig up a body and not smear her clothes? And how does the ground not look the least bit disturbed when Crowley and co are digging into it? And while the river is close, Lindsay would have had to drag he body to the river if she dumped it in the river, so there'd be drag marks. Sure, she could have dug up the body right after Voight buried it but she seemed to be still hesitating about what to do in this episode. If she had dug up the body right away, she would already have made up her mind. I find her behavior inconsistent with her having dug up the body right away, and I find it pretty much impossible that she dug it up in that episode because it would just not be credible in regards to everything the show would have to ignore (no smeared clothes, no drag marks, no disturbed ground).

While I was still wondering about whether or not Voight actually killed the guy at the beginning of the season, I'm not pretty sure that he did. But I'm really not sure about Lindsay's role in all of this. Did she just protect Voight by not saying anything or did she really dig up a body? And would Voight really have buried the body there where it could easily be found? Would he have been that stupid when he wanted to dispose of other bodies in the river and that sounds like a much more logical choice?

Edited by CheshireCat

I've been binge-watching CPD and am now on Season 4.  I see that other posters are wondering what happened to the body.  How could a small woman pull a dead body of a man out of a grave, then dispose of it......and where?  I hope I'll find the answer as I keep watching.

Also, when did Trudy get married?  I've been watching every episode, and there was no wedding.  Seems like that would have been a nice closing scene for one of the episodes.

50 minutes ago, Ailianna said:

I'm just going off memory, but I'm pretty sure Trudy got married on Chicago Fire, where she is more of a presence than her new husband is on Chicago PD.

Thank you.  That makes sense.