Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Candic & Titus

I don't know why, but I knew it was the husband as soon as we heard her story. Maybe it was because she wasn't cheating, she just wanted someone to talk to. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"the call is coming from inside the house!"

That was so funny- they're sitting in the same room texting each other and she never suspected!!

• Love 2

Well, they were sweet. Dopey, as Tara said, but sweet.

Although really, if Candic were so nervous about 'fessing up to Jamie, I'm not sure why she'd agree to handle that nerve-wracking act on a TV show. Of course I think sometimes with these people they want to have a bunch of other people in the room mediating the situation and having their backs. Plus afterwards they can at least point out that they made both parties a few bucks. Can't hurt.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, GaT said:

I don't know why, but I knew it was the husband as soon as we heard her story. Maybe it was because she wasn't cheating, she just wanted someone to talk to. 

I thought the same thing, I wasn't sure why either, but for some reason as soon as she said they couldn't meet at her house I yelled out "it's her husband", but apparently my cats didn't care.

• Love 8

I wish the show would have offered these two counseling. Neither are brain surgeons but neither had bad intentions really, either. I was getting a strong drama vibe off of Candic(E) but do agree that she was just painfully lonely.

• Love 2

Such a sweet episode that (hopefully) will make couples think. The majority of marriages end due to communications issues, so maybe some viewing this will be open to getting the help they need to improve communications with their partner. It's interesting Jamie was closed off emotionally to Candic in person, but was able to open up, listen, and be supportive posing as someone else online. I think he learned he CAN do it without needing to pretend, and has learned how important that is to Candic and to their relationship. I wish both of them well!

• Love 5

I spent 95% of this episode wondering if Candic was a girl a grew up with. Her name is also Candice, but she uses the "e", lives in Pennsylvania (we grew up in the Old Forge area, but now she lives in a different part of Pa.), she is married, and has a kid. I looked her up on Facebook, and the resemblance was there, but when she told the story about her parents, I knew it wasn't her. Her mom is still alive and we would have known about the HIV situation, since our school probably would have made it a special learning experience.

That said, my son and I called that it was the husband fairly early on in the episode. This episode wasn't half as exciting as that weird animated promo made it seem(seriously love that promo, though), but I am glad it helped those 2 learn to communicate better. I was under the impression that Nev, Max, and the show offer counseling to both parties before they leave and offer to get them set up with it. I read that somewhere awhile ago, but maybe it wasn't true.

I guess I'm the only cynic. Candic mentioned that she had insisted that she and Titus meet but Titus had refused. I think she wanted to see if the grass was greener....and it would be the ticket out of her marriage. 

Am I the only one that thought Candic and her husband look unhealthy, like heavy drug users. Their daughter was really cute, though. 

• Love 5
On 8/24/2016 at 10:01 PM, fliptopbox said:

This episode happened like 20 miles from my house. Huh, I coulda been out stalking Nev and Max. Dammit!

Also...Candic? What happened to the e? Creative spelling fail.

My parents live near Chambersburg too and when they showed it I'm all like !()@*%(A#%&@#*ADLFJ@(#$* :D

They have done an episode in my city too and I was soooooo pissed when I saw the episode and realized they had been here and I had no idea because they went to a major festival that was happening during their stay too.

I have moved a couple of posts because they weren't, generally, specific to this episode but more overarching discussion.  I created a thread here as it may result in some interesting conversation.