Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E23: A Pig Is A Boy Is A Dog

• Start Topic

I honestly think this is probably Donna's best hair period during the entirety of the series. It's a nice, cute cut with decent color. She has that nightmare shellacked platinum bob flip next season.

• Love 3

I am digging Donna's sweater in the protest scene. However, it looks like one of those that you think will be soft and comfy but are actually extremely itchy and feel like a they were made from really coarse hair.

I have to pause the podcast after the B-plot to say this: When Kelly says "I guess under the right circumstances we're all capable of betrayal" I lmost shouted out loud. Does she not remember frenching her best friend's boyfriend while she was away in Paris? Yes, Kelly, you certainly are capable of betrayal. And Brandon: stop talking to your sister like that. She may be tiresome, but she actually is entitled to feel a little schadenfreude if things are going bad between Kelly and Dylwig, she's only human. And now, back to the rest of the podcast.

• Love 3

I enjoyed the scene with the guys in the yard for all the reasons mentioned. In addition, Cindy was being such a mom. I thought is was cute when she told the boys to come in because she was going to microwave brownies and then came back out to tell Brandon to come in with his friends for brownies and ice cream.

• Love 2

I have to pause the podcast after the B-plot to say this: When Kelly says "I guess under the right circumstances we're all capable of betrayal" I lmost shouted out loud. Does she not remember frenching her best friend's boyfriend while she was away in Paris? Yes, Kelly, you certainly are capable of betrayal. And Brandon: stop talking to your sister like that. She may be tiresome, but she actually is entitled to feel a little schadenfreude if things are going bad between Kelly and Dylwig, she's only human. And now, back to the rest of the podcast.

A-freaking-men. Shut up, Brandon.

(edited)

Kelly and betrayal. It would be great if she learned from that lesson but nope. Also poundcake is a really weird name for a dog. I can imagine a turtle or a lizard but a dog? Nah.

Wasn't there a scene when Brenda talks about how hot it was that Brandon and Lucinda were seeing each other? That's your brother and your teacher and you find that hot? Eeek.

Next 3 episodes are so bad & boring. Though I do remember Donna with DeShawn, so too bad that couldn't happen in a serious manner. David and the blind piano tutor. 

Edited by SoupThrower

It's a nice touch that FBI guy was the one to pretend that there's a law that any member of law enforcement has to fess up if directly asked because he would know that's not true. 

I always hated that it was Andrea who was the voice of opposition.  I'm convinced that it was due to GC's real life dislike of Shannon that led to it because the Andrea that I know would understand Brenda's newfound activism even if she wasn't a part of it.  I feel like the characters who would be all judgey and "How DARE You!" about Brenda supporting animal rights would be Brandon and Kelly.  Him because he's a dick and her because it would further the Brenda vs Kelly story that's been in effect since the Summer of Deception.

Steve's glee at Brandon vs Dylan, on the other hand, was everything.  Shame he was punished with punch to the face.

There's been some I groomed or sat that were weird dog names: Cat, Trash, Bill Clinton, Napoleon Dynomutt, WiFi, Hitler, Taco, Dammit, Maui, Princess Buttercup. 

It's probably named PoundCake so he's memorable on the audition to casting. 

• Love 3

One of my girlfriends from college named one of her cats David Hasselhoff.  My current cats are Gus and Cleo but their full names (to the endless amusement of the vet) are Emperor Augustus and Queen Cleopatra.  My first cat was called Mama Kitty because she kept getting knocked up (and three year old me believed that you name your pets what they are-I also had Grey Bird, White Bird, and Orange Kitty (guess what they looked like?)). 

To sum up, humans are weird and especially when it comes to our pets.

• Love 1

I'm really not exaggerating, Andrea's look in this episode, specifically the protest scene, is exactly the look my mom (in her early 50s at the time) was rocking at that time, right down to the hairstyle. Andrea doesn't even look like she's 30ish-years-old as GC was at the time, she legit looks like a 40-something-year-old; she looks like she's Brenda and Donna's professor, not one of their BFFs. 

On the flip side, I agree that this was probably Donna's best hair period, and maybe her best look in general - her hair, for once, looks fresh and healthy and normal instead of bleached and fried beyond all reason as it did before this, or shellacked into the unmovable helmet shape it takes in Season 5. Her style in general at this point all looks very age appropriate and normal.

Yeah, we've discussed this in one of the other threads, but this is easily Donna's best season, sartorially. She looks normal, fresh, and not overdone. Next season, though...oy.

And forget betrayal, Dylan should have tried to punch Brandon anyway for the braying and the obnoxiousness.

On 7/30/2016 at 1:41 AM, Nanna said:

I have to pause the podcast after the B-plot to say this: When Kelly says "I guess under the right circumstances we're all capable of betrayal" I lmost shouted out loud. Does she not remember frenching her best friend's boyfriend while she was away in Paris? Yes, Kelly, you certainly are capable of betrayal. 

Testify, sister! She and Dylan are both shocked, *shocked* at the thought of such extra-relationship sexual shenanigans.  Meanwhile, Brenda is over in the corner helping the boys from REM buy a new mansion with those sweet "Losing My Religion" royalty checks. 

Also, put me in the camp of loving the Luke Perry and Ian Ziering "stuff" in that punching scene.   Steve is all:

giphy (2).gif

• Love 5
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 2:38 PM, Cekrypton1 said:

Re: Onnnndrea and age. It's about time for my quarterly mention that Carteris is older than Barack Obama. I keep repeating it because it never stops blowing my mind.

No way!!  I guess Jesse if didn't make the SCOTUS, he never will.

Edited by CurlyATX
Jessie vs Jesse... never can get them straight.

Sorry, but Steve's Mr. Burns impression followed by the accidental punch out and silent movie face from Dylan could have been in a Groucho Marx movie for all their subtly, but I kind of loved it.

Also, thanks Donna, because I thought you had actually murdered the dog to maintain plot veracity (insert Brandon's eyeroll here) ... Why do I get the idea that it was actual Tori Spelling that had the idea that 90210 fans would believe Rocky Poundcake was actually dead? Because: stuff.

On 7/29/2016 at 11:41 AM, Nanna said:

Brandon SHUT THE FUCK UP. Have you no sense of loyalty toward your twin sister? Dylan and Kelly stabbed her in the back. After her initial reaction (which was perfectly understandable and honestly should've gone on longer), she's been above and beyond gracious ever since. Stop being a dick.

Ohhhhh FUCK he is a sanctimonious prick with Lucinda. Right after saying "because I feel bad about that" (spoiler--no, you don't) you accuse her of having "a convenient philosophy about everything."

• Love 2