Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: The Little Blind Tugboat That Could

• Start Topic

A bittersweet yield once more: bravo to the lady athletes for their first/overdue win, even as K-squared met their tragic fate once this episode became an unprecedented non-premiere, non-finale double-RB leg (the first in TARCAN history).

• Love 1

They certainly lucked out with the weather in Haida Gwaii and Prince Rupert=spectacular.  It would have been miserable if it would have been pouring rain.

I don't mind teams helping each other if they have a strategy about it, Ashley and Joel should not have stopped for screechy Jemmet.

• Love 1

Good lord, people. R-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-C-E!!!!  The amount of helping other teams this leg was ridiculous. And, not just helping, but actually stopping and waiting for other teams.  They really need to change the Road Block rules. I mean, working together is one thing but the other teams shouting out the answers to Jillian while she repeats them to the clue giver just seems way over the top. I'm not sure exactly how they would be able to prevent this from happening but I hope they come up with some sort of rule. 

I really love how TARC constantly reminds me how beautiful our country actually is. I'm from Toronto, which is an awesome city and I love it, but I sure do get jealous of the west coast and their beautiful mountains and lakes.

• Love 3

I was really excited to see they went to Prince Rupert. I used to live there when I was a little girl and was hoping I'd see my old house, lol.  It is a historical site (and a Bed and Breakfast!) now so I thought just maybe...but alas, no house. :/  I did remember the statue and the cannery though.  Now I really want to go back and visit.

I agree that it's not fair that Jillian can get the answers from other teams.  Hopefully they can fix this somehow. 

19 minutes ago, grooveshinney said:

I was really excited to see they went to Prince Rupert. I used to live there when I was a little girl and was hoping I'd see my old house, lol.  It is a historical site (and a Bed and Breakfast!) now so I thought just maybe...but alas, no house. :/  I did remember the statue and the cannery though.  Now I really want to go back and visit.

I agree that it's not fair that Jillian can get the answers from other teams.  Hopefully they can fix this somehow. 

But no outcry at Jillian and Emmett helping at the puzzle?

Poor K girls couldn't get the puzzle :( I don't mind the BB couple, but I don't want them to win, I want the Ashley-dad to win this.

They only have to memorize 6 names, I remember in the previous season they have to memorize 10 or 12 names and one lady always mispronounced one name! They won't help each other when it's final 5.

Mom rocked the log RB :) 

Good episode except the totem challenge! 

4 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

Poor K girls couldn't get the puzzle :( I don't mind the BB couple, but I don't want them to win, I want the Ashley-dad to win this.

They only have to memorize 6 names, I remember in the previous season they have to memorize 10 or 12 names and one lady always mispronounced one name! They won't help each other when it's final 5.

Mom rocked the log RB :) 

Good episode except the totem challenge! 

Was that The Fathers of Confederation task?  That was a difficult one!

I love the married couple because they are always joking and so upbeat, yet I'm annoyed by the red headed mom, who is doing the same.  I just can't cheer for that team.

• Love 1

Jill and Emmett also helped  Julie and Lowell who didn't help them

Julie helped Jill and the others after she completed the memory task, it was not her fault that Jill still couldn't remember it and still needed yet more help.  Maybe if she stopped screeching and listened for 1 minute.  It was Emmett's idea to stop and help Julie and Emmet, because he knew that Julie had helped them so all that was ok by me.  When Emmett asked Joel to stop because Jill dropped the clue, if it was me, I would have kept on driving.

I thought it was cute when the first nation girl recognized Ashley.  No one recognizing Jill and Emmet from BB, hhmmmm. 

• Love 4

I didn't like how sly Emmett and Screechy were in stopping Ashley and Joel from leaving. I thought that was unfair. I would have just driven off !! 

I wish Screechy would just shut up - i had to keep turning the volume down!! I hate these people who just go on loads of Reality TV shows - it just screams of desperation for fame !! 

• Love 3

I think Team Trailer Park mom and daughter have become just as screechy and annoying as Jillian.  They can all leave ASAP.

Loving Team Ashley & Dad and Team Softball.  I'm also loving how much Lowell is just enjoying seeing his country.  I can't imagine what it must be like to know that you will not be able to see at some point in your life.

• Love 1

I thought it was utterly adorable that the clue giver recognized Ashley. Her whispered "Ashley Callingbull!" was just too cute. She was so excited to meet her. I couldn't tell you one Miss Universe or Miss Canada, let alone the Mrs Canada or Mrs Universe, so kudos to Ashley for inspiring young indigenous girls across Canada so much so that they recognized her on sight. 

• Love 5

I really enjoy how Jillian is constantly screeching "Hurry up, Emmett!" Until he does, and then it's "Wait for me, Emmett!" Dude just can't win.

I like that Lowell doesn't go on and on about his vision loss as a big sob story, even if it does get mentioned with regard to practical matters like task performance (and I was also glad he was able to spot those red ribboned logs without too much trouble). That way, when he does remind us that he's trying to see as much as possible before he loses it, while we're being treated to some truly stunning scenery, it really has some impact.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, kingshearte said:

I really enjoy how Jillian is constantly screeching "Hurry up, Emmett!" Until he does, and then it's "Wait for me, Emmett!" Dude just can't win.

And she had the nerve at one point to complain that, while he's a nice guy, he makes for a terrible boyfriend.  I can't imagine Jillian makes for being a wonderful girlfriend!

• Love 1

Holy cow, finger on the mute button whenever Jillian was on the screen--yeeesh.  Go team softball--I really got to like Lowell and his wife this episode--the dad and daughter are ok....Man Canada is gorgeous.  Breathtaking. 

Dear teams: Stop helping Jillian. Stop helping Jillian. Stop helping Jillian. Our ears and sanity depend upon it. J&E are at their strongest when they ride in other teams' slipstream then slingshot past, so if Jillian struggles at a RB, the smart strategy is to let her struggle on her own. (I don't mind that TARCAN is friendlier than TAR:US, but it's a raaaaaaa-- yeah, that.)

Yet again, a genuinely tough leg, and I can understand why the remote locations translated into a double RB instead of a Detour. Also props to TPTB to ensure that in spite of the island-hopping, there weren't any big travel bunches.

Kelly & Kate were a weak team who had one very good leg, and it was more of a surprise that they left with a win than they went from first to last and got eliminated. Lowell did really well and I'm glad he made it through that task. Props to Frankie for working out that the tugs were robust enough that you could throw them about and push all the logs at once.

• Love 2

I adore The Amazing Race Canada.  I feel like it really challenge the racers like TAR US used to do in the early years.  Sadly the youtube channel I have been watching this season on just got deleted.  If anyone has a link to where I can continue watching this (I'm in the US) I would be so grateful.  

Just caught up on this episode. I don't mind Jillian and Emmett at all. Okay wait, scratch that. I don't mind Emmett...he's competitive but quiet and willing to put his head down and work. Jillian is competitive but it translates into a lot of whining and screeching and it's really annoying to listen to. Emmett seems to have mastered the art of tuning her out. I don't mind teams helping each other out because a race is about being resourceful, strategic and competitive. If a team asks another team to wait for them, I don't blame their game for asking, but I would consider it a bad move for the other team to simply oblige if it didn't have some strategic advantage for them to do so. Helping each other to get it the memory stuff all sorted out was all well and good...but once you passed on the answers to the others, go about your business. Don't wait for the other team and create a foot race to the next activity. While Jillian is the one that received the help with the memory challenge, it was Emmett that thought to return the favour.

I don't understand why teams are acknowledging Jillian and Emmett as such big threats but no one is talking about the Softball couple. They have finished at the top of every leg. Two other teams know that they won the Express Pass.