Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Flirting With Disaster

• Start Topic

TLC is running the entire season today. Her tongue thing is really distracting. Every time they stopped while recording the "DVD", out came the tongue to lick the corners of her mouth. The only other person I've seen do that is Abby Lee Miller.

I cannot believe her claim that any of that was choreographed and practiced before that day. She didn't know what she wanted to do, much less her "backup dancers."

• Love 2
On 7/30/2016 at 11:11 AM, Cinnamini11 said:

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding your analogy, but we shouldn't shame people with acne and full health coverage for not going to a dermatologist? I mean why would someone do that? (It also implies that going to a dermatologist for help would "cure" their acne and it doesn't necessarily work like that). Also, maybe I'm the outlier here but I still don't think anyone should be "shaming" Whitney for her body? Call out her excuses, point out the deterioration of her ability to function on her own, stop enabling her, sure. But "shaming" i.e. trying to humiliate her because of how her body looks isn't something I agree with.

Also, obviously in this case we are seeing a lot of Whitney's life, but in general you shouldn't shame people for any of their physicality (weight, skin, height etc) because you aren't privy to any of the background information (or as a stranger it's just not your business).  

Let's just call it what it is: Whitney wants to have her cake (be morbidly obese) and eat it too (get even more morbidly obese while crying and whining about how hard it is for her to lose weight).   If I find any shame, it is in her hypocritical lifestyle of whining about how she's so active, and doing everything right, but still can't lose weight, when deep down, she knows she's not doing 1/10th of what she should be. But don't you call her on it, or you're fat shaming her.  Her behavior mirrors those of Penny and others on My 600 Pound Life ("where's my yellow brick road? I'm doing everything I should be, Dr.  Now!").

• Love 14
5 hours ago, littlemommy said:

I kept wishing that someone would link a picture of Whitney making the "joker selfie". Then I realized I should get off my lazy duff and BE the change I wished to see in the joker-selfie-posting world. :P

Very Joker-ish, but I also see a bit of this:

grinch-3.gif

• Love 16
17 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Anyone interested in Roy's take on Whitney (he's polite) can find him discussing this episode in a podcast with his morning co-hosts

here.

I listened to it. I love the fact that TLC editing gods did their fancy editing and had it look like the possibility of Roy and Twit having a romance blooming.  

I watched the episode last night and everyone here has basically said everything there is to say about this episode. It's like watching someone bang their head against a wall. You tell them to stop. You tell them that it will eventually cause damage. You tell them whatever. And they still keep banging their head against the damn wall.  If it wasn't summer and the fall season was in full swing, I wouldn't even be watching this crap. Even Netflix (Canadian version) has nothing.  I hope TLC is paying Twit enough to make an ass of herself and take the humiliation and pig jizz.  

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:38 PM, Tosia said:

I hate to add to your busy privileged life, PsychoKlown, ,  but could you put this on her Facebook page?  

I know it might get deleted. .but if you put it on later at night,  it might stay there until noon the next day when Whit rolls out of bed.  

Her post abt skinny  privilege makes me really mad.  Her rationale for everything she does is so illogical, as a poster mentioned above.  I can't.  I just can't fathom living her way and being proud of it. NO BS. 

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:49 PM, Nowhere said:

I second this @PsychoKlown. And when it's deleted, do it again the next night. Blocked? No problem. Use your friend's account to post. She and her fans need to see it.

Thanks for the idea.  Unfortunately I do not have a facebook page because I don't want my clients having access to anything personal.  There have been some issues and even though it's not restricted I don't want to go down that road.

My husband does but his page has people from his work and his hobby.  If I mixed his with Vitney - he wouldn't be too pleased.

Maybe I'll start a "kinda faux" one to post.   I need to do it at home though - not at work.

48 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

Thanks for the idea.  Unfortunately I do not have a facebook page because I don't want my clients having access to anything personal.  There have been some issues and even though it's not restricted I don't want to go down that road.

My husband does but his page has people from his work and his hobby.  If I mixed his with Vitney - he wouldn't be too pleased.

Maybe I'll start a "kinda faux" one to post.   I need to do it at home though - not at work.

I still cannot find this fb post. And I've checked.

3 hours ago, greekmom said:

I still cannot find this fb post. And I've checked.

My understanding is that it hasn't occurred, but forum members are requesting the post be made. :)

Edited by lallalla
clarity
  • Love 1
On July 28, 2016 at 0:00 AM, mamey2422 said:

Someone else mentioned the DVD taping was phony and that's exactly what it was. Whitney posted this link to a preview of her DVDs and they are way more professional and put together than today's episode portrayed. PLUS Caitie was in them too! 

^^^^ I have NO clue why the above video / comment is attached when I try to post ...?    Anyway - when Will fired Twit , I was yelling YES WILL! YES ! Twit is so used to manipulating and steamrolling those closest to her that she believes it will work with anyone. PSYCH!! Will ain't havin it ! Reality Check in yo face Cankles!! YES WILL !!!  I've noticed Twits talking head monologues & discussions with friends Fam  NEVER match what happened in episode scenes - can't explain or give an example but y'all may know what I mean . 

I liked Twit in Season one and was totally rooting for her. I don't know if it's editing and her real personality is being shown or if fame from TV , books etc has turned her into a monster . Twit is a close second behind Jenelle of Teen Mom for hate watching and yelling at the tv screen for me. I'll keep watching of course . Paging Dr Now.

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 5
On 7/30/2016 at 5:14 AM, KateHearts said:

What do the Duggars do thst is smelly??

I can't verify they smell.  They LOOK like they smell.  They never look clean.  And I think their policies and views on the world stink.  I don't need to be near them to know that.

• Love 9
On 7/31/2016 at 0:44 PM, littlemommy said:

I kept wishing that someone would link a picture of Whitney making the "joker selfie". Then I realized I should get off my lazy duff and BE the change I wished to see in the joker-selfie-posting world. :P

whit.jpg

Does she make the Joker face on purpose or is it an unfortunate mistake?  I think she is a pretty girl but this selfie face not so much.  

I don't want her body shamed.  I want her to take control of her life or accept it and quit the bitchin/excuse makin/blaming/skinny shaming.  She has been given the help to get her life in order and she just won't take it.  Her excuses make me stabby.  I KNOW it is hard to lose weight.  I lost nearly 100 lbs 15 years ago and kept it off.  And it took about 7 months.  Of course I took control of my life and didn't expect anyone to do it for me.  How on earth could I get myself to the gym 6 days a week without an accountability partner??  And I was the same age she is now.  Her entitled attitude not her size makes her unlikable.  

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Congratulations Natalie68!  What's your tv show?  I would love to watch and be motivated. 

Thank you!  I am too surly for a tv show but good old weight watchers.  I like to eat so it was the easiest (and I am cheap so not buying special food).  But we had a few Whitney's in our meetings (which are the best, you learn new low point foods!).  They could not understand why they were not losing weight.  Um, McDonalds might have something to do with it and the fact you are not exercising EVER.  I was working out so much (and I loved it, became a cardio kickboxing instructor for a hot minute) I actually had to keep increasing my points so I wouldn't go any lower.  My husband did not change his eating but bless his very sweet heart would meet me at my car to ask how I did and compare it to how many quarter pounders that equaled (you lost 2 lbs?  Why thats 8 quarter pounders!).  He was my biggest cheerleader.  But he's also not going to placate me.  A 32 year old making stupid excuses is pathetic to me.  She has too many opportunities available to her.  Give them to someone who might appreciate it.

• Love 7

Just for fun, I used this calculator to estimate how many calories Whitney would need to eat each day to maintain her weight of 380 - http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced

I estimated 8 hours per day sleeping, 4 hours per day walking/standing, and 30 minutes per day of light exercise., then weight/height/age/gender.   My estimates on activity level are probably off- it was hard to guess those. If she is more active than what I entered, then her calorie intake would be even higher.  Anyway, using those numbers, she would need to be averaging 4,496 calories per day.  That is a lot of food!!!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Just for fun, I used this calculator to estimate how many calories Whitney would need to eat each day to maintain her weight of 380 - http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced

I estimated 8 hours per day sleeping, 4 hours per day walking/standing, and 30 minutes per day of light exercise., then weight/height/age/gender.   My estimates on activity level are probably off- it was hard to guess those. If she is more active than what I entered, then her calorie intake would be even higher.  Anyway, using those numbers, she would need to be averaging 4,496 calories per day.  That is a lot of food!!!

Really not so hard when you're stuffing your mouth with cupcakes that are suppose to be samples or mounts of mashed potatoes. 

• Love 3

I've noticed Twits talking head monologues & discussions with friends Fam  NEVER match what happened in episode scenes - can't explain or give an example but y'all may know what I mean . 

Like this:  Will calls her out; she runs crying to the bathroom until he backs off; she reports to her friend, "Will and I had it out today."

• Love 12

I really paid attention to what was on Whit's car floor when I watched the Bonus scene episode. Was that  a container from a rotisserie chicken? Sure looked like it. It could have been a little smaller like the size that a turkey breast comes in but either way, just wow.  

• Love 3
On 7/28/2016 at 10:21 AM, Tinfoil Hat said:

So there's a pig that is totally dependent on Babs and Glenn, inappropriately sexual, and lives in a self-created mess...and then there's Allistair. 

Tinfoil Hat just won the internet. 

• Love 2
On 7/28/2016 at 6:36 PM, momofsquid said:

I love the way she says she doesn't want to report her food because "I'm a 32-year old-woman!" but when she gets humped by the pig she runs out of the room shrieking "MOM! MOM! MOM! MOM! MOM!" like a freaking five-year-old.

Exactly!! And then at one point she actually does admit that she doesn't know how to eat (as in buy healthy foods, make good choices) so... which is it? She's a 32 year old woman who can take care of herself (all evidence to the contrary) or a 32 year old who (for whatever reason) never had to really pay that much attention to what/how she was eating/exercising and now (thanks to PCOS + whatever else is contributing) needs to in order not to be disabled by her weight? And ISN'T THAT WHAT SHE'S PAYING HIM FOR???? So if he says "send me pictures of your food", DO IT! He's probably thinking, taking a quick picture with her phone is easier than writing down everything. GOD!!! Could you IMAGINE her reaction if she'd been asked to write down every beverage/morsel of food that went into her mouth??? Ha! Not bloody likely! 

• Love 3
On 7/28/2016 at 11:50 PM, Brooklynista said:

Whitney looked like the Joker on her video chat with Roy. Weird. I'd never notice her smile like that before. The corners of her mouth turned up in such an odd manner.

YESSS!!!! And she holds that 'face' for a few beats. Is that her "I'm so adorable of you're crushed out on me" face or... ??? I just want to give Roy a hug.

On the theory that he's being paid to pretend a crush... I don't know. I think maybe he's just being nice to her or trying to be nice to her because - well, he seems like a nice guy. BUT also maybe, being a bigger guy and having said that he isn't happy with his weight/how he looks, he feels some empathy for Whitney that the others don't and is making more of an effort to be nice to her and feel more included in the morning show. 

• Love 1
On 7/30/2016 at 7:38 PM, Tosia said:

IHer post abt skinny  privilege makes me really mad.  Her rationale for everything she does is so illogical, as a poster mentioned above.  I can't.  I just can't fathom living her way and being proud of it. NO BS. 

Skinny "privilege"?? Ummm... Even IF that term were accurate (and one could make the argument that thinner people do get certain considerations in certain situations over someone overweight or super morbidly obese... privilege is maybe taking it too far)... but IF IF IF... here's the thing, a person can CHANGE what they WEIGH! So if this "skinny privilege" is so important for you to have, GET SKINNY or at least skinniER. It can be done. People have lost hundreds of pounds on their own, through programs like WW or Jenny Craig, through weight-loss medications, exercise, special diets, surgery - there are any number of effective methods. And I'd guess that while there is a very slim percentage (pun intended) of overweight/obese people who have factors that affect how much weight they can realistically lose, there is an equally slim percentage of "skinny" people who are just naturally skinny and don't have to think about what they eat or if they exercise and eat/exercise the way Whitney does. 

• Love 5