Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

I’m glad this Gruden debacle has brought this story back into the limelight, because I feel like it got press for 30 seconds in 2018 (?) and then quietly disappeared.  Yet their sleazy AF owner still persists. 

Can you imagine any DCC being trapped on a calendar shoot? I’m sure many have been uncomfortable, be it a fashion show or a top off sunset shot, but having passports taken?? 🤯🤯🤯🤯

• Useful 2
16 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I’m glad this Gruden debacle has brought this story back into the limelight, because I feel like it got press for 30 seconds in 2018 (?) and then quietly disappeared.  Yet their sleazy AF owner still persists. 

Can you imagine any DCC being trapped on a calendar shoot? I’m sure many have been uncomfortable, be it a fashion show or a top off sunset shot, but having passports taken?? 🤯🤯🤯🤯

The one gal that has been doing the after thoughts for season 16 the writer she is a former Washington cheerleader when all the stuff happened with them she called her team mates out and said that didn’t happen 

1 minute ago, parrotfeathers said:

How are they trapped on the calendar shoot when they all go together and K & J are there?  Don't they travel as a group?

They do !! The girls saying they were trapped on calendar and had there passports taken where from another team 

• Love 1

The DCC do travel as a group, on commercial airlines from what we’ve seen - what allegedly happened to the WFT ladies is that their passports were being held, and then they were asked to do shady stuff for friends of the team that were there. Topless pics were also passed around on official team email, and not in a “let’s pick the January girl” way. 

If one still had all of their paperwork, and their passports weren’t being held by someone that wasn’t themselves, they could catch a cab to the airport and go home. At their own expense, I’m sure, but I can’t imagine this situation happening to the DCC. That fashion show in season 7 (?) felt gross enough to many of the peeps here. 

The team (just Snyder?) was fined $10M for misconduct, and quite a bit of leadership changed. Now that more details are coming out, I’m curious if any other repercussions will happen or if Gruden will be the fall guy.  I don’t see Snyder being forced out like that one NBA owner was, though. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, kalibean said:

The DCC do travel as a group, on commercial airlines from what we’ve seen - what allegedly happened to the WFT ladies is that their passports were being held, and then they were asked to do shady stuff for friends of the team that were there. Topless pics were also passed around on official team email, and not in a “let’s pick the January girl” way. 

If one still had all of their paperwork, and their passports weren’t being held by someone that wasn’t themselves, they could catch a cab to the airport and go home. At their own expense, I’m sure, but I can’t imagine this situation happening to the DCC. That fashion show in season 7 (?) felt gross enough to many of the peeps here. 

The team (just Snyder?) was fined $10M for misconduct, and quite a bit of leadership changed. Now that more details are coming out, I’m curious if any other repercussions will happen or if Gruden will be the fall guy.  I don’t see Snyder being forced out like that one NBA owner was, though. 

I was listening to the procheer podcast and she was discussing it and apprently the way they found those emails was that the wft was using his team email 

• Mind Blown 1
8 hours ago, SMP637 said:

Have y'all seen this article:  "How Two Dallas Cowboys Reality TV Shows Reveal a Gender-Based Double Standard" (see link below).

https://www.dmagazine.com/arts-entertainment/2021/09/two-cowboys-reality-shows-two-different-genders-two-different-ways-of-being-treated/

It's interesting, it references Malena's cut and Ike basically being called a slut (but in "nicer" terms) by Kelli and Judy.  I think they said "the lady from last night or something like that. 

I never knew that about Ezekiel Elliott.... makes me lose respect for him. 

What do you guys think?

*Admin.......my apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.   I'll delete it that's the case. 

*Moved to small talk because this convo feels more general than just one season of DCC auditions*

I don't remember who said it, but I remember someone on these boards pointing out that a lot of the reason why DCC (or pro-cheerleading teams I'm general) don't necessarily have to pick the best dancers or the best ambassadors is because the cheerleaders don't have to compete against other teams like the football teams do. 

If Jerry Jones cut a player for being unattractive, and then the team lost a bunch of games, people would criticize him. If Kelli Finglass cuts a cheerleader for being unattractive, there's no metric to say that the DCC are objectively worse without that cheerleader. There's also just less attention paid to how cheerleading teams are run compared to football teams. Even with a reality show, DCC probably get less scrutiny than any decision that affects the Dallas Cowboys football team.

To a certain extent money also plays a role here. The football team generates millions of dollars in profits each year, and the cheerleaders generate a fraction of that. However, I think first, basic respect for cheerleaders and potential cheerleaders shouldn't be conditional profits. Like, it's inevitable that Kelli will cut a TCC for whatever reason she sees fit, but she doesn't have to imply that she's a slut on national television. Second, as pointed out on an episode of the podcast Breaking Formation (linked here), most pro cheerleaders aren't marketed as effectively as they could be. If cheerleaders are expected to be so much more than dancers, then team marketers should better utilize the other skills that cheerleaders have. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

*Moved to small talk because this convo feels more general than just one season of DCC auditions*

I don't remember who said it, but I remember someone on these boards pointing out that a lot of the reason why DCC (or pro-cheerleading teams I'm general) don't necessarily have to pick the best dancers or the best ambassadors is because the cheerleaders don't have to compete against other teams like the football teams do. 

If Jerry Jones cut a player for being unattractive, and then the team lost a bunch of games, people would criticize him. If Kelli Finglass cuts a cheerleader for being unattractive, there's no metric to say that the DCC are objectively worse without that cheerleader. There's also just less attention paid to how cheerleading teams are run compared to football teams. Even with a reality show, DCC probably get less scrutiny than any decision that affects the Dallas Cowboys football team.

To a certain extent money also plays a role here. The football team generates millions of dollars in profits each year, and the cheerleaders generate a fraction of that. However, I think first, basic respect for cheerleaders and potential cheerleaders shouldn't be conditional profits. Like, it's inevitable that Kelli will cut a TCC for whatever reason she sees fit, but she doesn't have to imply that she's a slut on national television. Second, as pointed out on an episode of the podcast Breaking Formation (linked here), most pro cheerleaders aren't marketed as effectively as they could be. If cheerleaders are expected to be so much more than dancers, then team marketers should better utilize the other skills that cheerleaders have. 

This is another good one to listen to on ig or YouTube she is a former Seahawks dancer 

8F69FD0B-F144-4EAC-B37C-D0505C7247E7.jpeg

• Love 1

Honestly, based on the limited info we have from the show and interviews with Kelli, I would imagine the DCC break even on expenses excluding the reality show. Between staff salaries, the DCC’s hourly and flat rate combo, building expenses, etc if they’re bringing in $1M per KF then I imagine they’re also spending it. 

Jerry Jones calls them their finest ambassadors, and I believe that. The DCC are likely considered marketing at this point. It’s hard to measure ROI on goodwill, but the show and appearances help overshadow some football shenanigans. 

I would be very curious to see the balance sheet! 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

This is another good one to listen to on ig or YouTube she is a former Seahawks dancer 

8F69FD0B-F144-4EAC-B37C-D0505C7247E7.jpeg

Do you know off the top of your head when she cheered, @Holly85?  I'm friendly with a couple former Seagals from when I lived in Seattle (co-workers) and neither of them follow her.  I assume different years, but now I'm curious.  (I looked at both her podcast account and her personal account because I'm procrastinating on a work project.  LOL.)

None of the past pro cheerleaders I'm friends/acquaintances with follow the podcast page either...but honestly I think a lot just did their time, enjoyed it, and don't think about it much anymore.  

Not that I am saying anything is going on, but I have always been disturbed by the creeper looks on the Jones boys' faces whenever the DCC perform at events where the family is all in attendance. The worst was the opening of the Star and they were on the front row.

Yes, all cheerleaders have to deal with creepers, as long as they don't step over the line like Washington did. Being ogled, maybe even by your superiors, is part of the job.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, GBDCCfan said:

Not that I am saying anything is going on, but I have always been disturbed by the creeper looks on the Jones boys' faces whenever the DCC perform at events where the family is all in attendance. The worst was the opening of the Star and they were on the front row.

Yes, all cheerleaders have to deal with creepers, as long as they don't step over the line like Washington did. Being ogled, maybe even by your superiors, is part of the job.

I wonder if DCC are harrassed as much as other pro teams are.  I always assumed they are pretty protected, but when Jenna told the story of some fan putting his hands down her shorts and Amy (I think) was hitting the guy with her pom pom to make him stop.... it makes me think it probably happens more often than I thought.  Maybe that's a reason that some women only cheer for one year. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SMP637 said:

I wonder if DCC are harrassed as much as other pro teams are.  I always assumed they are pretty protected, but when Jenna told the story of some fan putting his hands down her shorts and Amy (I think) was hitting the guy with her pom pom to make him stop.... it makes me think it probably happens more often than I thought.  Maybe that's a reason that some women only cheer for one year. 

I seem to remember the girls going through the stadium (either from the field to the touchdown decks or from the touchdown decks to the field, not sure) and some drunk guys said (or did) something highly sexual to one of the girls and it scared her.  I don't remember a lot about it.  I think it was something like he threatened to rape her and nobody around her said or did anything about it.

• Sad 1

Just came across a video that made me think "Now THIS is how you rock a cane in a dance routine."  What video might you ask?  It was JLo's 2020 Super Bowl half time show with the Royal Family Dance crew.  The dance crew also does a stage version of it sans JLo which is also amazing.  JLo's Halftime show can be found on youtube (but I can't link because of "copyright" issues).

Here's a link to it on Facebook (warning the video quality ain't that good):

https://fb.watch/8F_Fodp-cX/

Here's the stage version of it: 

Kat should take notes on how to work it since she seems to bring that dang thing to EVERY audition.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

This post from The Rockettes popped into my Reels this morning…it’s about their kick line. The ladies don’t actually touch each other while kicking, they “feel the fabric” to help keep them in a straight line. IIRC, the DCC do actually touch the woman in either side. 

No Jacie in this particular post BTW!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVEWun5gbR4/?utm_medium=copy_link

The DCC kick higher than the Rockettes, right? I wonder if they could have done the kick line without touching during the pandemic.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, cgloss said:

The DCC kick higher than the Rockettes, right? I wonder if they could have done the kick line without touching during the pandemic.

Right!  The DCC kick to their nose, and the Rockettes kick uniformly to the chin, which is why they're so pretty IMO.  The Rockettes are more controlled and consistent.  Not sure about the no touch kick line, though I remember from the training video that Amy's kicks were super pretty by herself.  I think it would have been a social distancing issue more than the touching?  I don't recall if they were six feet apart on the touchdown deck.  Since they're sort of grazing it feels like a kick line version of "I'm not touching you!"

Who knows what the NFL ruling must have been on the whole thing...tho they've shown this week that they are definitely picking and choosing what they're enforcing.  Some teams lose draft pics, some have to play a WR from their practice squad that was a QB in. high school, some get a fine that no one blinks at.

• Love 3

DCC 60th Anniversary performance.

I wish they came up with something different than the farewell to Texas stadium performance. But was nice to see some of the newer alumni like Amy, Rachel, Kersten. And Maddie back in uniform! Maybe she was substituting for someone with an injury?

• Love 1
22 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

@dariafan I have not read Cherry on Top...asking my sister if she has it. She Goodwilled our copy of Dirty Rocker Boys, but she did re-read Tommyland over the summer. It was...interesting. 

I think I’m spoiled by reading Holly Madison’s books because she did a good job 

• Love 3

Wow she's pretty. Her face is half the size of a normal girl.

And she's super skinny in a good way. It looks like it's because she's born skinny not because she's not eating anything. (just like Jinelle has been skinny)

She's my new girl crush.

Nice how the Denver broncos cheer does a Cheeleader of the week. They post some pictures of that girl during that week. DCC should do that too.

S__5070853.jpg

Edited by Kamal
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

And she's super skinny in a good way. It looks like it's because she's born skinny not because she's not eating anything. (just like Jinelle has been skinny)

She's my new girl crush.

Nice how the Denver broncos cheer does a Cheeleader of the week. They post some pictures of that girl during that week. DCC should do that too.

S__5070853.jpg

DCC under-utilising their social media/website? What a surprise!

To say they're the 'best of the best', other squads do a much better job online.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Kamal said:

She's my new girl crush.

S__5070853.jpg

One fun fact abt this team you don’t get a pinky ring until you complete a veteran season 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/13/2021 at 11:53 AM, Holly85 said:

Washington football team pro bowl cheerleader is Javai 

7D6501CB-7375-42C3-9FAE-26CA34249B4E.jpeg

She's stunning!! 

Unrelated, but I know Washington has a co-ed dance team. I wonder how long it will be until we see the first male pro-bowl cheerleader?

Edited by HitItHarder..BAM
Typo
51 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

She's stunning!! 

Unrelated, but I know Washington has a co-ed dance team. I wonder how long it will be until we have see the first male pro-bowl cheerleader?

She’s very beautiful she’s one of the few who stayed with the program after they made the switch she is a 7 year veteran ! Also I think it would be cool to see the first male probowl cheerleader I adore the rams two first male cheerleaders both of them are captains this season 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Total Erica Jenkins vibes from Arizona! Also I really like the Broncos uniforms. I'm actually getting tired of the DCC uniforms.

Nothing wrong with liking other uniforms and not liking others !! Like I hate on the uniforms for Washington especially if they don’t wear the jacket bc by it’s self it makes them look like they work at hooters 

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She’s very beautiful she’s one of the few who stayed with the program after they made the switch she is a 7 year veteran ! Also I think it would be cool to see the first male probowl cheerleader I adore the rams two first male cheerleaders both of them are captains this season 

James on the Eagles is an absolute sweetheart too.  I follow him on instagram and his smile shines so bright.

5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Total Erica Jenkins vibes from Arizona! Also I really like the Broncos uniforms. I'm actually getting tired of the DCC uniforms.

YESSS about Erica and the Broncos uniforms!  I don't mind the DCC ones, but I'm always glad when they get to do something a little different, like at Christmas. The light up ones for the show at The Star are super fun.

• Love 2

Anyone seen Gina congratulate Lexie? .  As all the other DCC congratulate her including Rachel who was probably a possible pro bowl choice. I’ve yet to see Gina post, like or comment.  

I like Gina but this is not a good look for her.  She was obviously ticked last year when Rachel was announced second point on the show. I’m sure she is disappointed but Lexie was a solid choice with lots of friends in the team to vote for her sometimes the DCC seem to vote someone in who they feel got overlooked elsewhere. Heather got Vet of the year the year she wasn’t a team leader or second. Lexie has  been in the triangle for years but never point. She’s beautiful and poised and a great dancer. Very happy for Lexie 

• Love 2

I'm 23 year old girl who doesn't do a single exercise so I have a very soft and jiggly belly. Not DCC standard at all.

I just looked at my body in the mirror and I can see my ribs.

So when you look at some girls photos and see their ribs, don't say they are losing too much weight. I think it's more than normal.

Edited by Kamal
  • Love 3
On 12/22/2021 at 3:25 PM, Kamal said:

That's a big stretch to say Gina isn't a good teammate just because she didn't congratulate her on social media

Yes, and an even bigger one when she did. She posted on Lexie's pro bowl photos. 

9 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

So not DCC--but did any of you watch the Handmaid's Tale?   I' just getting into Season 4 and find the whole series very disturbing.  And fascinating too.

I saw season 1 but then wasn't a fan of season 2 so I quit (canceled Hulu too). I do highly recommend the book, it was one of those I couldn't put down.

18 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

So not DCC--but did any of you watch the Handmaid's Tale?   I' just getting into Season 4 and find the whole series very disturbing.  And fascinating too.

I love the series.  The cast is excellent.  I especially love every scene Bradley Whitford is in.  Can't wait for the next season.

9 hours ago, ByTor said:

I saw season 1 but then wasn't a fan of season 2 so I quit (canceled Hulu too). I do highly recommend the book, it was one of those I couldn't put down.

I really need to read the book.  Everyone I know who's read it says the same as you.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I really need to read the book.  Everyone I know who's read it says the same as you.

I think you would love it. It's similar to the series, but different (if that makes sense LOL). I have always found, though, that books are better at being descriptive than tv/movies, like you could better get into the characters' heads.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Kamal said:

non American here.

Is the term "Galentines" a new thing ?

Or has italways been a thing and I just missed it till this year?

Saw a lot of girls posting about it on Valentines.

It’s not new celebrating your gal pals on valentines 

• Love 1