Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

(edited)
10 hours ago, raindancer said:

@tobeyoungagain and @cherryblossom I know the kind you're talking about...I actually live in downtown Chicago and Garrett popcorn shops are super popular here.  The Chicago mix is supposed to be one of their specialties http://www.garrettpopcorn.com/flavors/cp-garrettmix.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwq8y8BRCstYTm8qeT9mwSJACZGjUkF6UhxN4-4vs6rgIx8XaDIwazXYnwsXhlzutvg-7jqhoCbN_w_wcB .  I've never tried it but I love their caramel corn.  There are a few locations by where I live, and there is almost always a line out the door and you can smell the caramel corn as you walk by.  It's pretty tempting.  Also, @tobeyoungagain, I saw you mentioned you like Chicago PD earlier - I actually saw them filming a block away from me across from my gym.  If you happen to see a scene with an overturned ambulance that crashed partway through a cement barrier...that'll be it :)

I used to live in Chicago and Garrett's definitely has the best caramel corn.  I'm not a fan of the cheddar/caramel mix, but that's just my own personal taste.  I've never liked cheddar flavor on popcorn, not my cup of tea.  Their caramel corn is dangerously delicious, though.  I worked downtown for 17 years and had to pass Garrett's in Union Station to get to my train.  The smell of that caramel corn being made was sooooo yummy!  It was very tempting to buy a bag to eat on the way home!  Remember the old Bugs Bunny cartoons where they'd float in the air following a delicious smell?  That was definitely Garrett's for us commuters...LOL :)

Edited by SopranoKris
spelling correction
  • Love 3

@cherryblossom that is a great school, and for sure there are a lot of pretty amazing opportunities that come with it - even at the medical schools they are always hiring for actors to come in and pose as patients for examination tests.  Sounds like he enjoyed Chicago - there is for sure a lot to love here, even though I miss home quite a bit.  And @SopranoKris I know exactly what you mean - I have to be so careful or I will blow up like a balloon!  Caramel is one of my weaknesses though.  Ben & Jerry's has a vanilla-fudge-caramel swirl that is absolutely dangerous.  And @ChlcGirl I can imagine - there is actually a chocolate factory here too that smells pretty amazing but I can't imagine it's on the scale of Hershey's :D

• Love 2

It is just ... ohhhhhhhhhhhh.  The best day, the very best, are the days when they are producing the cocoa powder.  It smells divine!  People have asked, didn't you get tired of the smell.  I always say, no - absolutely never lol

• Love 3
1 minute ago, JC123 said:

America has the best food ? 

I'd be so so big if I lived there though - temptation at every corner! Lol! 

And people wonder why were obese ?  Seriously it's the worst! Every intersection has a drive-thru establishment 

• Love 4

Hahaha! 

I was watching a random undercover boss rerun the other day and it was this food chain that had like pie and mash and stuff? But you could get it from a drive through?!? 

Anyone have any idea what it was called? Does the gravy leak out of the container?? Why is your food so much more delicious??? So many questions 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JC123 said:

Hahaha! 

I was watching a random undercover boss rerun the other day and it was this food chain that had like pie and mash and stuff? But you could get it from a drive through?!? 

Anyone have any idea what it was called? Does the gravy leak out of the container?? Why is your food so much more delicious??? So many questions 

Oh I don't know that we have the delicious food market cornered!  I had some amazing food in the UK.  One was a shortbread with caramel and chocolate?  Good lord ... 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, JC123 said:

Hahaha! 

Boston Market perhaps?  I live overseas about half of the year for work and don't miss the junk food at all but really miss TexMex food. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

Oh I don't know that we have the delicious food market cornered!  I had some amazing food in the UK.  One was a shortbread with caramel and chocolate?  Good lord ... 

Millionaires' shortbread!

.. That's what is called, not who is allowed to eat it.. Thought I should clarify lol!

• Love 3

Yes it was Boston Market! Thanks! 

We have KFC here :) 

yes millionaires shortbread! It is so yummy I actually have a peice in my fridge to have with a cup of tea later!! 

I always pay for a whole extra suitcase when I come back from the US, pretty much full it with food #noshame 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, JC123 said:

Yes it was Boston Market! Thanks! 

We have KFC here :) 

yes millionaires shortbread! It is so yummy I actually have a peice in my fridge to have with a cup of tea later!! 

I always pay for a whole extra suitcase when I come back from the US, pretty much full it with food #noshame 

Mmmmm, English tea!  I love it beyond belief.  When I was younger, I dated a guy from the UK and I think I stayed in the relationship longer than I needed to simply for the tea...LOL.  Just kidding.  My friends in the States think I'm strange for putting cream or milk in my tea, but man, oh, man...once you've had it that way, you don't want it any other way.  I think I'm going to go make a cuppa....

• Love 2

I am very emotional today lmao I saw Taylor Swift a year ago today and I don't know when I'll be seeing her again since she's on a break. 

I'm 100000% trying Boston Market next time I come over! I'm excited already!! 

I love tea so much. I don't think I know anyone who doesn't ? Talk about conforming to stereotypes lol!!! I was in Florida a few years back, asked a lady in subway for hot tea.. She looked at me like I was mad! 

• Love 2

I'm in north Texas, so I am all about the Mexican food! I'd eat it every day.

i love chicken fried steak. We fry everything here. Before my stroke, I ate fried stuff all the time. Now, I'm being careful. 

I'm  a sweets addict and a Diet Coke head. In fact, I have to get off Diet Coke. I'm up to drinking 6-8 a day. Bad T!!

i tried to give them up in January but failed. We will see what happens this time.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I see Kelli and I have the same musical tastes! Going to the Grand Ole Opry to see this tonight.

LOVE love love this song. <3 

4 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I'm in north Texas, so I am all about the Mexican food! I'd eat it every day.

i love chicken fried steak. We fry everything here. Before my stroke, I ate fried stuff all the time. Now, I'm being careful. 

I'm  a sweets addict and a Diet Coke head. In fact, I have to get off Diet Coke. I'm up to drinking 6-8 a day. Bad T!!

i tried to give them up in January but failed. We will see what happens this time.

I hear ya on the diet pop! My biggest vice, hands down. 

• Love 1

I never have fizzy drinks. Iced tea, coffee or water. Fizzy just makes me so bloated! Although I will occasionally indulge in a Pepsi max cherry! 

Why don't you try Coke Zero instead of Diet Coke? In the UK coke 0 tastes EXACTLY like normal Coke! 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I never have fizzy drinks. Iced tea, coffee or water. Fizzy just makes me so bloated! Although I will occasionally indulge in a Pepsi max cherry! 

Why don't you try Coke Zero instead of Diet Coke? In the UK coke 0 tastes EXACTLY like normal Coke! 

Me, too! Plus everybody knows carbonation give you cellulite! *snort snort*

• Love 5
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 5:06 PM, ChlcGirl said:

It is just ... ohhhhhhhhhhhh.  The best day, the very best, are the days when they are producing the cocoa powder.  It smells divine!  People have asked, didn't you get tired of the smell.  I always say, no - absolutely never lol

Does the whole town spell of chocolate?  That sounds amazing!!!

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 6:01 PM, JC123 said:

Hahaha! 

that's so funny because I really really really love the food in UK!

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:35 AM, heatherrrrz said:

I am very emotional today lmao I saw Taylor Swift a year ago today and I don't know when I'll be seeing her again since she's on a break. 

she's on a break??

5 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

she's on a break??

Yeah, she didn't say how long it's going to be but as far as the fans know she's not putting out a cd this year like she normally would.

18 hours ago, JC123 said:

I need to try it!! It looks amazing!! 

If you don't like tea are you even British? ?

I hate hot coffee! Love iced coffees. Weird right 

I have the passport to prove it!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Does the whole town spell of chocolate?  That sounds amazing!!!

that's so funny because I really really really love the food in UK!

she's on a break??

It does indeed!  Sometimes it smells like a giant Hershey Kiss and sometimes like a rich, dark chocolate - cocoa powder day!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ChlcGirl said:

It does indeed!  Sometimes it smells like a giant Hershey Kiss and sometimes like a rich, dark chocolate - cocoa powder day!!!

that sounds amazing!!  I think I would have loved living there - sounds so happy

23 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

It is a really beautiful little town.  And most adorable thing?  The lights through the town are kisses lol

77d1d00f040a0bd340df3b6e83029526.jpg

OMG THAT IS THE CUTEST THING EVER

6 hours ago, MaryWebGirl said:

I think if I ever lived abroad losing good Mexican food would be the hardest part. It's never the same outside of the US and Mexico. 

oh my gosh! Imagine going a week or two without a fish taco or carnitas burrito. 

31 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

GUYS THE NEW GILMORE GIRLS REVIVAL IS COMING ON NOVEMBER 25TH

I think I'm bonkers cause I never got into that show ... I mean the whole mom and daughter relationship was just off.  She seemed so immature as a mom and their "clever" little quips were just annoying ...(thorry)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I think I'm bonkers cause I never got into that show ... I mean the whole mom and daughter relationship was just off.  She seemed so immature as a mom and their "clever" little quips were just annoying ...(thorry)

lol my mom absolutely hates the show, she can't stand how fast they talk. I would always watch it when I was younger and had no job during the summer when ABC Family had it on during the 11 o'clock hour. Those were the good old days where they had Step by Step on as well.

33 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

lol my mom absolutely hates the show, she can't stand how fast they talk. I would always watch it when I was younger and had no job during the summer when ABC Family had it on during the 11 o'clock hour. Those were the good old days where they had Step by Step on as well.

Step by Step with Suzanne Somers???

37 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

haha i think you really either love or hate the show! i started watching it WAY back when so it's nostalgic more than anything for me.   I get super annoyed at parts of it when i rewatch but overall I just have too many good feels for it :)  But I have friends who try to pick it up now and watch it and just can't LOL 

1 minute ago, tobeyoungagain said:

omg!  that just brought back good memories lol.  is it on Netflix or something?  I need some good wholesome fun in this crazy world

I don't think it's on netflix, try itunes!

I never saw Gilmore Girls, but I heard it was pretty neat - would have been on past my bedtime if it was on at 11 lol  Absolutely loved Step by Step though - TGIF was TV I looked forward to all week growing up :)  Right now beyond MTT I've gotten into Botched - I lovelovelove Dr. Dubrow and Dr. Nassif - I study medical ethics and humanities and it's really cool to get at least a glimpse of some of those aspects in the portions of the patient interview they show.  Can't wait for Botched by Nature to come out - they are changing people's lives and I love seeing what they do!

I've loved them both since they were on real housewives! I find them so funny together! There's something about Heather that's slightly off to me though. 

This is such a strong word but I HATED Gilmore girls. Like slow down I can't understand a friggin  word you're saying?? 

• Love 1