Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: To Trouble

yeswedo

After signing a plea deal to spare his colleagues at Pearson Specter Litt, Mike will be confronted with the harsh realities of prison life as he starts his two-year sentence. Meanwhile, the once bustling Pearson Specter Litt offices are a ghost town – the partners have defected, leaving Harvey, Jessica , Louis, Donna and Rachel to pick up the pieces. But the firm’s troubles are far from over and they will have to deal with the fallout from Mike's crime before they can even begin to rebuild.

I've said that Barry Allen can be a mega-idiot at times, but he's got nothing on Mike.  Freaking dumbass.

Liked seeing Mike getting called on his crap, wasn't a fan of Harvey and Jessica bullying Louis to do drugs.

• Love 2

As soon as cellmate said, "You want to use my phone?", I knew Mike was circling the toilet, but I didn't see that twist coming.  Prison Rule #1 - I didn't get in here for telling, meaning don't ever rat on someone.  #2 - Like he said, don't trust anyone.  #3 - Do not ever get in debt to someone.  Mike was sooooo gullible to not see through that setup, but, then again, this entire show has been built on the premise of either Mike, Louis, or Harvey not seeing the fastball coming and having to work twice as hard to get out of the jam.

Will someone in Wardrobe pleeeaaase outfit Louis in a suit and shirt that actually fits his physique?  That was so cringeworthy.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

I liked Malcolm Jamal Warner; that might have been it.

I knew he looked familiar but I couldn't place him.

I normally give these "premiere type" episodes a pass because they spend alot of time reminding the viewers of what's happened and they can get kind of dull.  But....I fell asleep 30 minutes into it and woke up in the middle of Mr. Robot. 

(edited)

I just can't bring myself to care about Rachel and Mike being separated and I feel like the show really wants me to.  Maybe if I had ever cared about them as a couple it would work and actually tug at my cold shriveled up heart.  I did find it funny that the one thing keeping them apart was Mike being "noble" and ditching her ass at the altar since if she was his wife she wouldn't have to wait a month to get on his list.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 6

I actually enjoyed this episode. Yeah I know I'll be the lone exception but no Mike and Rachel BS and I loved the partners in some deep shit but trying to come up with a game plan.

For me this could be an interesting year but then again maybe the writers will screw it up.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, CaptainCranky said:

I actually enjoyed this episode. Yeah I know I'll be the lone exception but no Mike and Rachel BS and I loved the partners in some deep shit but trying to come up with a game plan.

For me this could be an interesting year but then again maybe the writers will screw it up.

Me too.  I could definitely love a show with just Louis, Harvey, and Jessica with a little Donna and the IT guy thrown in.  I thought the writing for their scenes was good.  

• Love 8

Man, that was sad. Did Mike have part of his brain removed ? He acted like dumb little kid with no smarts. When the series started he was depicted as a street smart guy. I guess hanging out with smart lawyers lowered his IQ by a ton. I assume the writers have to get a new arc started and this is what we get.

• Love 1

Ha! That was totally my first thought when Mike was walking through the prison! "Hey, is that the set from Oz? I hope Mike gets the transparent rotating cell!" But Jesus, I hope sets and cast members are the only things they're borrowing from Oz! The last thing this show needs is to get any darker.

I'm a bit disappointed by this episode, mainly because in interviews after the last season (or half-season? I'm losing track), the showrunner said one of their goals for this season was to bring back the fun and levity from season one. He specifically said that sending Mike to prison SEEMED like it was going to be a downer, but that actually things would be lightening up while they reconnected with the comedy aspect of the series. I was so glad to hear this, because it's EXACTLY what the show needs (and it's great to hear showrunners acknowledge that kind of thing), but on that front, this episode failed big time. It looks like it's just more of the same, dumb "shocking" twists, awkward cursing, and pointless bickering as always. If their idea of levity is to have the characters randomly smoke weed as they continue to circle the drain, then my optimism for this season won't last long. However, this was a premiere, sort of a transitional episode. They've given themselves a chance to completely rebuild the show, even if they don't seem to really be jumping on that chance yet. If they can move forward from here in a way that leaves the old patterns of previous season behind, then things might turn out for the better.

It is nice to see Mike getting called on his bullshit in a way that might actually change him (the frequent theme of prison shows is that prison is the place where you can no longer run from yourself. That might do him (and us) some good, as long as the angst doesn't get dragged out too long). And Harvey having to live knowing that someone ELSE, someone he cares about, is facing the consequences of his reckless mistakes, is a promising place story-wise for him. If the writers can make good on what they have set up, this season could be great. Unfortunately, it seems to be the pattern that Suits will set up interesting, promising character beats, and then fall back into old habits such that their changes don't really mean anything. I'm not judging this season until I actually see what it does, but I will admit that my optimism has slightly diminished after this premiere. Time will tell, I suppose!

• Love 2

I watch this show for interaction between the regular cast, so I hated the parts with Mike in prison.  But I enjoyed the rest of it, even Rachel. Well, the humor was a little lame with Louis but other than that...  

11 hours ago, ShowPolish said:

And Mike's roommate was a guard on OZ

I thought that guy looked familiar. At first I thought "Is that McManus?" but it wasn't. But he was someone from Oz after all! lol

(edited)
12 hours ago, Slovenly Muse said:

I'm a bit disappointed by this episode, mainly because in interviews after the last season (or half-season? I'm losing track), the showrunner said one of their goals for this season was to bring back the fun and levity from season one. He specifically said that sending Mike to prison SEEMED like it was going to be a downer, but that actually things would be lightening up while they reconnected with the comedy aspect of the series. I was so glad to hear this, because it's EXACTLY what the show needs (and it's great to hear showrunners acknowledge that kind of thing), but on that front, this episode failed big time. It looks like it's just more of the same, dumb "shocking" twists, awkward cursing, and pointless bickering as always. If their idea of levity is to have the characters randomly smoke weed as they continue to circle the drain, then my optimism for this season won't last long. However, this was a premiere, sort of a transitional episode. They've given themselves a chance to completely rebuild the show, even if they don't seem to really be jumping on that chance yet. If they can move forward from here in a way that leaves the old patterns of previous season behind, then things might turn out for the better.

Maybe the fun is coming back when everybody learns about the guy Mike blabbed to, and to fix everything Louis calls a buddy, that buddy turns out to be Sam Axe who brings Jesse with him.

I know it won't happen, I've just been rewatching Burn Notice.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 1

I tried, I really tried, but I just had to fast forward through most of it.  No fashion to keep me interested and just a weak story that lacked imagination.  Of course there had to be someone "coming after" Mike or Harvey, it couldn't just be about rebuilding the firm, etc. They also surely expected people to sue about Mike. 

I agree, had they tackled the Mike thing long ago it would not have made everything that is going on now seem so unbelievable. 

The whole Louis thing is tiring and repetitive as well. I don't even know what happened with Mike and Rachel. 

Was it too much to ask for Jessica to get a boyfriend (and not Jeff?) and for Harvey to have to really take accountability for what he did by hiring Mike? He did it as a joke, on a whim, and it has always bothered me how he did that to Jessica -who has always had his back-knowing what she would lose if it was ever discovered. So we get a little scene where he apologizes to only Jessica and Louis, and then we all do drugs and all is well? 

I have given up my fantasy of Jessica and Harvey realizing they are in love with each other.....

Argh. I just had to go and say "are they going to yell at each other all episode?!?"

Between ridiculous shouting, completely unnecessary inappropriate mudding tales, and Mike adding additional evidence for winning the title of stupidest believes he's smart person ever, I'm about done. Oh! And Louis being the only person in three states to not realize he was being served was lunacy.

It's a good thing Gabriel's still pretty.

• Love 1