Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Social Life

A tragedy strikes the team's only ally within the government, leaving Jackson and the team on their own to stop a surge of animal-related attacks from destroying the city of Geneva, Switzerland. Meanwhile, Dariela discovers something shocking about General Davies; and in the Canadian wilderness, Jamie comes across a troubling detail about Logan.

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 5:05 PM, lefawn said:

Best description for an episode of Teenage Newlyweds ever!

and this post earns the "made me crack up laughing really loud in the middle of a silent office" award for the day...and it's not even lunch time yet1!

• Love 5

HAHA WHOOPS. That's Zoo. Here's what's actually supposed to happen on Teenage Newlyweds:

George returns to Utah while Halie becomes homesick; Travis and Brenda host a joint event in a housewarming and birthday party for Brenda; and Emma tells Joey she does not have enough time to spend with friends.

• Love 5

Brenda is utterly adorable. Travis is a spoiled grubby man child who cannot sing.

Did I need to see Joey's faux lumberjack friends sit around with beer and call him whipped? I did not.

Halie is working my last nerve. I'm trying to cut her some slack because she's only 18, but honey, please. You wanted to get married. What did you think that was going to entail? I'm guessing there were no tearful phone calls with her mother while they were in Hawaii, though. Sheesh.

• Love 4

The absolute first thing I noticed about Travis was that he looks grubby. (I think it might have been my first post in this forum, LOL). Even at their wedding he looked like he would benefit from a serious scrubbing. Maybe with a pumice stone. I bet his fingernails are the stuff of nightmares. I am far from fastidious but oh my god. So far I see nothing to recommend him. Brenda? Cute, smart, practical, showers regularly. Travis? Grubby, spoiled, thoughtless, tone deaf. What is the source of their attraction?

• Love 3

Okay so who else muted their tv when Travis attempted to "sing?" He's so gross. 

I for one am really tired of the trope of "oh you're so whipped, hurr durr how's the old ball and chain doing?" It really drives me batty so I could have done without Joey's so-called friends and their scenes as well. That fighting naked tip though was kinda funny - and also not the first time I've heard it I don't think.

Halie and George - boring and why you should not get married to bone and also at age 18. Yeeeeeesh. Girl needs to get a bff and talk to her friends too.

• Love 5

Isn't she expected to start with the baby making?

Speaking of bff's, Emma's selfish unsupportive one was really, um, something. "I know you're married now and go to school and work full time, but what about MEEEEE?????" Honey. The way to have a friend is to be a friend. Why not arrange to meet Emma for lunch between classes or for coffee before she goes to school? If she's your friend you need to support her, not make her feel like shit.

• Love 2

I seriously feel like I've been to Hawaii. First, the Brady Bunch took me there back in the day. ("That's Diamond Head, dumb head.) Then the 90210 gang went there. I think the Roloffs did too. And now these two. That is definitely code for, "We have no story for these people so we're sending them to Hawaii." Zzzzzz. I can cut Halie some slack because she is just so young but the complaining is all she does. Constantly calling home and hearing that they are cooking spaghetti or whatever is not going to help at all.

As others have said, Travis is a filthy looking thing. When he said something about making a pact to "not do that again" about spending money, I wanted to throw something at the TV. No, Travis, you dirtbag, YOU spent the money, selfishly, not Brenda. Brenda knows what it's like to go without. Travis knows what it's like to be an entitled toolbag. I forwarded past as soon as he picked up the guitar.

Emma has a look of complete detachment or a total attitude-face when she talks to people. I enjoyed Joey's attempts to fend off the "whipped" comments. I hate that expression as well and would never use it but his whole "being in love" and doing whatever the other person wants because you are in love with them was nothing short of a crock of steaming shit because so far, anything we've seen Emma ask him to work on: bettering himself work wise or pursuing education, looking into buying a house, not acting like a 12 year old, etc., are things he doesn't seem very interested in. It was just something to say to "the guys" to try and make him look like this model husband. Bleh.

I LOVE the original first post write up here. I totally cracked up!

• Love 2

Why does Oscar the Grouch reincarnated into an adolescent and then bathed into slime - aka Travis not have an amp? Go to a pawn shop and get an acoustic guitar for like, $30. No one wants to hear your ratty ass electric guitar without an amp.

• Love 2

Halie's mom is the worst. 

My husband moved states where he knew no one but me. Granted, we were older but he formed his own friendships with some of my friends.

Because that's what people do. 

• Love 2

Come on. Give us some arranged teenage newlyweds, so I want have to stay on the track to Trainwreckville that departs from Arranged and arrives at Teenage Newlyweds. It's a two hour ride I take on Tuesdays, and I always manage to roll my eyes harder than the week before.

George and Halie should've moved to a neutral place. It's possible to live in the same city and not be dependent on people. I can see her issue with his parents being 5 minutes away and hers being 800 miles away. She's 18 so I'll cut her some slack. I'm sure she'll make friends at work and uni.

Travis....really? Brenda continues to be a peach. What does she see in him?

Emma and Joey. So because you were together from 15/16 to 19/20...it was time to get married. Oh okay. I have hope for Joey. He's a classic example of how women mature faster than me. I could've done without the old ball and chain quips. Fighting naked is great advice.

• Love 2

Ugh, Travis.  I don't get what Brenda sees in him.  Cappucino remains the best individual on this show. 

It sounds like George has a job with a decent salary (isn't that what he told her dad?), so I think ultimately that may have been more the reason they moved to UT versus both of them relocating to somewhere new. 

By the way, does George remind anyone else of a young Josh Charles (Sports Night, The Good Wife)??  josh-charles-and-dead-poets-society-gall

• Love 2

You guys are much nicer than I am!  I find Halie's "boo hoo, I miss my faaaaaaaaaaaaamily, me me me me me!!!" crap to be utterly ridiculous and fairly selfish.  I feel sorry for George.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

Travis....really? Brenda continues to be a peach. What does she see in him?

Emma and Joey. So because you were together from 15/16 to 19/20...it was time to get married. Oh okay. I have hope for Joey. He's a classic example of how women mature faster than me. I could've done without the old ball and chain quips. Fighting naked is great advice.

I give both of them 3 years. 

• Love 1

Total cosign on everything said about Travis. He needs to be dunked in a tank full of bactericide. Poor Brenda.  She needs a man. His parents are to blame for not making him work for things so he takes everything for granted. Did he even mention he'd be willing to return the shoes. Also. Is he adopted? Brenda looked so cute getting ready for her party, didn't she?  

Emma has such a flat affect. She just sat there staring while her friend was sobbing with no emotional recognition of the situation. Her mom seems the same way too.  I was surprised when Joey said they get crazy!  Joey has grown on me especially when he said he did things for her whether or not he got laid because he loves her. That's the deepest utterance I've heard from him. Those two look and act like brother and sister. I don't sense any chemistry there. I wish she had left her hair alone and not changed it to that garish blonde and dark bushy eyebrows. It looks like a wig. 

I guess Hawaii was a honeymoon of sorts? I don't remember them going anywhere after they got married or maybe I have blocked it out. They are both so annoying. I couldn't believe on the preview how George spoke to Hailee's mom. Of course, her mom isn't making things better by asking her if she regrets moving down there. George just looks and acts like a dweeb. His brother seems pretty cool so not sure what happened to him. 

I'd be down for a teenage version of married at first sight. On second thought, that sounds like a horrible, unethical idea. 

• Love 1

I can't help it. I adore Joey.

Emma's friend had me rolling my eyes when she said and I find out you've been talking to other friends. 

George was on mission for two years. It's part of their religion. He visited Halie on his breaks from that. That's why they're in Utah.

• Love 1

@Court, I love Joey too. I thought he was just kinda dumb at first, but he has really won my heart. He's happy. He's a happy type person, and I love that. He's carefree and insouciant and seems very sweet. He's not deep or thoughtful or anything, but he is content with his life, he's not a jerk, he doesn't care what other people think, and he knows who he is. He makes me smile whenever he's on.

• Love 6

Like others, I also fast-forwarded as soon as Travis picked up the guitar.  I do think Travis looks like a blend of his parents (at least in terms of facial features).

I love that the editors keep showing us so many shots of Cappuchino! He/she is my favorite character on this show. More please!!

• Love 2

Wish Travis would shave.  He would be good looking without that odd facial hair.  He does seem very selfish to have bought the new shoes in lieu of a birthday present for Brenda.  He does not even get her a birthday cake! Baking one would not even cost that much.   And the conversation with his friends about buying the shoes!  This makes me dislike him.  Maybe he will grow up.  For Brenda's sake, I hope so.  Many spouses disagree about politics.  I don't see why that would be a deal breaker.  Just don't talk politics.

Joey is a nice kid, but I have trouble understanding why Emma would have married him, when she clearly has so much more ambition than he does.  It was not for sex, since they admitted they had already been sleeping together.  She works, goes to school, probably does the housework...and all he ever wants to do is to work in the feed store.  I don't see this as a marriage where Emma is going to be happy, and, long term, she is going to make Joey unhappy.  I, too, wish she had not colored her hair.  

And Hailee reminds me of the college freshman who spends the whole year locked in her dorm room, homesick.  Time will probably take care of this, though...she will make friends at the Stake (church) and at her job.  I think George is going to school, so maybe that is why they have moved to Utah.  He would probably have to pay out of state tuition in Arizona, or, maybe he is attending a Mormon college.  The producers need a problem, though, and homesickness is really probably the only one available.

At least these seem like real couples with real problems, unlike Arranged and Married At First Sight.

• Love 1

Haily and George: hard to watch. They might make it because of their religion, but this marriage looks like such a mistake. Like marrying "your first crush" for her and "once in a lifetime pretty girl chance" for him. When that bubble pops I don't know what will be left. I don't think they were ready for marriage at all.

He seems resentful, afraid even jealous of her relationship with her family. As if he would do anything to distract her from them. He'll never replace them. They have to work together. And she has to let him feel that he is priority, so he doesn't have to compete with them. It's going to bring a lot of resentment on both parts. I think she shouldn't have moved. At least not so young.

• Love 2

Emma and Joey: They seems to have a good personality balance. He is too content, to the point of sleepy. And she is overly concern and responsible. He is really nice, but needs a lot of growing up and she is ahead of her years. So in a way, they need each other. I loved how he stood up for her at the bar in front of his jealous friends.

In a way, they feel like an old couple, very used to each other.

• Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, Passthepopcorn said:

He seems resentful, afraid even jealous of her relationship with her family. As if he would do anything to distract her from them. He'll never replace them. They have to work together. And she has to let him feel that he is priority, so he doesn't have to compete with them. It's going to bring a lot of resentment on both parts. I think she shouldn't have moved. At least not so young.

I don't feel like George is resentful or jealous, but maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention.  To me, he just seems increasingly frustrated about not being able to help Halie with her homesickness.  And like you said, George probably feels like he has to compete with Halie's family, which may be a tad hurtful to him.

I kinda don't relate to homesickness, so maybe it's me, but I do feel like Halie is wallowing in it quite a bit and her family is not helping her at all, from the phone conversations we're shown.

Edited by Clemency
'Huh' might sound rude, and I don't mean to be rude!!!
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Clemency said:

I don't feel like George is resentful or jealous, but maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention.  To me, he just seems increasingly frustrated about not being able to help Halie with her homesickness.  And like you said, George probably feels like he has to compete with Halie's family, which may be a tad hurtful to him.

I kinda don't relate to homesickness, so maybe it's me, but I do feel like Halie is wallowing in it quite a bit and her family is not helping her at all, from the phone conversations we're shown.

I agree. The more I see of her parents, the more I think it is better for that marriage that they don't live down the street.

There seems to be some deep codependency there, especially with her mom. Her mom was laying a guilt trip on her before they ever left. She's the type that only her family will matter. She won't acknowledge George or his family's feelings on the matter 

• Love 5
On Wednesday, July 06, 2016 at 7:44 PM, configdotsys said:

Emma has a look of complete detachment or a total attitude-face when she talks to people. 

She speaks in monotone too.

On Saturday, July 09, 2016 at 2:30 PM, lazylou said:

He does seem very selfish to have bought the new shoes in lieu of a birthday present for Brenda.  He does not even get her a birthday cake! Baking one would not even cost that much.   And the conversation with his friends about buying the shoes!  This makes me dislike him.  

Clearly, you didn't see that he wrote her a song! ? Actually, he only added a couple of lines to a song he had already written and performed for her. Something tells me that song is only going to get longer as the years go by. 

• Love 3