Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
RCharter

S1.E7: Chemistry Project

Recommended Posts

A new guy chooses two completely different women to take to the villas and they do everything they can to win him over. Elsewhere: a game of truth or dare tests a couple's relationship.

Edited by RCharter

Share this post


Link to post

**********************************************************************

So, I'm only halfway through the episode...but I have a dilemma

I find it fun to snark on Alex for the obvious reasons....but I'm starting to feel a little guilty because I think there might be something legitimately wrong with her.

Its like when I was 5 and there was a kid that ate glue.  I mean, on the one hand, you could argue that it was fine to laugh at him because he knew what he was doing and he chose to do it in front of an audience.  But on the other hand, you suspected that something was wrong with that kid and so you probably shouldn't be picking on him.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I feel that way about her, too, from time to time, but then I see how she manipulates the people around her to get attention.  The way she rode gravely back in the boat and walked down the pier, just like a sad, but normal person, then walked up to her group of friends, threw her head back, made a huge "cry face," and started to sob.  They all gathered around to comfort her and talk about how awful the other woman was. 

People are taught in method acting that making that cry face actually triggers tears and makes it easier to fake them.  When I see someone (a child usually) begin with the big face, I get suspicious. 

On paper, Alex was exactly what the model wanted; "A girl who is cute and sweet."  He was completely smitten with her bouncy, squealing cuteness.  He found her sweet, too, and was on her side during the bathroom argument, but, just like with the other guys, he was tired of her after a couple of days.  Alex will never find happiness until she learns to grow up past the childish point of thinking she's the center of the universe and everyone should cater to her and make her the center of attention every second of the day. It's too exhausting.

  It bothers me to see all the other women catering to her and throwing other people under the bus when they have only heard Alex's side of things.  There must be another side to Alex, the one who talks hard core, right-wing, build-that-wall, politics on the radio all day, yet all we see here is the little yappy puppy.  Where is Alex's brain in all this?

Meanwhile Kristin, who I really liked, has turned into a one note shrew who can't forgive or forget that failure at navigation.  Not that I like her pouty guy.  Total mismatch there.

The other couples seem very happy, even Ben seems to be returning Lisa's affection. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I am starting to feel bad for Alex too.  I totally was all about the snark with her before, but now I just don't know.  I think the desperation just comes off of her in waves and the guys can sense that.  Not that that doesn't still make me feel bad.  She needs to learn to just relax. 

I was all about Alicia deciding to make a play for Tyler herself.  I agreed with those in the Couples Villa who said that she has to think of herself in this situation, but the way she did it in the bathroom was just catty.  And, I know this isn't real world and the girls only get a few minutes to meet each guy before he makes the decision, but I wish people would stop throwing her attraction to BT back at her every time there's a new guy she seems to like.  At that time, BT was the one she liked best.  Now she realizes that there are others out there she'd like just as much if not more.  Of course, I'm not living with her so I don't know exactly how much/long she whined and carried on about losing BT.  I wouldn't be surprised if Alex pulls out after this.  There's only so many times a person can be rejected someone before they just want to curl up into a ball and cry for a week.

Despite all of that- I am not a 100% defender of Alex.  She needs to grow up, calm down and just be herself if she wants to find someone who is compatible with her.  I think she went for the full-out make-out session because for some reason she thought that would make the guy pick her.  That is the wrong move!!

I also feel bad for Kristen.  Kinda like I did for Michelle.  They aren't compatible with their guy, their guy isn't willing to talk and all they want to do is hash it out and they are perceived as a harpy or a shrew.  No.  They are trying to get it out in the open so they both can move on.  This isn't working, so why not just end it now?  Because he wants a vacation, that's why.  Just like Ben.  I still don't buy his "relationship" with Lisa yet. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, RCharter said:

**********************************************************************

So, I'm only halfway through the episode...but I have a dilemma

I find it fun to snark on Alex for the obvious reasons....but I'm starting to feel a little guilty because I think there might be something legitimately wrong with her.

Its like when I was 5 and there was a kid that ate glue.  I mean, on the one hand, you could argue that it was fine to laugh at him because he knew what he was doing and he chose to do it in front of an audience.  But on the other hand, you suspected that something was wrong with that kid and so you probably shouldn't be picking on him.

I just got to my desk this morning and read your message! I laughed so loudly!!!! Hence all the exclamation points!!!!! Yes!! She is nutty as a fucking fruitcake. My reaction to seeing her come around that corner to meet that first guy,  grinning so hard with her joker smile, was visceral! I just can't take her! Could you imagine working with her everyday? Yeah, something is off with this chic!

Exclamations show what I'm feeling ?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still only at the first part of the episode but honestly I dont really see chemistry between Tyler and alex. She was behaving like a baby. I saw chemistry with the others much more. THen again he's young and (relatively) good looking (I've seen better), more striking than Taylor for sure...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The Afterbuzz has tons of great commentary and everyone has great points for all sides of this situation. 

I agree- Tyler is very young.  I don't think he's the "one" for anyone, quite honestly. 

I guess I just feel bad when I see anyone get so heart broken.  I do love the girls' friendship, though.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Alex is just way too much.  I think the black girl in the cabana who said she was hoping he would choose Alex didn't want her to come back!  I know I wouldn't.   I agree that Tyler is on here for the ubiquitous exposure they all seek.  He is not looking for love and certainly not from someone living in LA!  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I was a little surprised Tyler picked Alex as one of his top two--he doesn't seem super serious about this and when the first thing Alex said to him was something about how they would make beautiful babies(!) and then climbed up on him like she was ready to get started RIGHT NOW(!), I was sure that would send him immediately to the left!  Maybe the "100% ready" blinded him to the "100% crazy" going on!  

I actually don't think Alex is probably that crazy, just this process is not bringing out the best in her.  As she continues to be chosen for the two-on-one dates, then rejected, it would be hard for anyone to keep their confidence up.  She is not doing herself any good by continuing this.  What will happen if she does eventually gets to the couples villa?  With all the guys who rejected her and girls who betrayed her?  Plus with her strong political views, I could easily see the Truth or Dare game turn into a full out fist fight!  I don't think it will be pleasant for anyone.  And how much harder will the fall be if she gets dumped at that point?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

OK - there was no thread for this episode, so I posted this in the all-episode talk thread, but I wanted to move it here: (with some additions)

I know that the goal is to "find love"  and be a couple, and possibly lead toward marriage.  But Alex seems TOO ready.  She talks about her fake lashes and her hair extensions, as though they are tools she is using to land a husband.  When she meets a cute guy, her thoughts are immediately that she wants to marry him - NOW.  I don't know a lot of guys who are receptive to "You're cute, when are we getting married?"  attitude.  Energy and enthusiasm are great, but nobody can keep up with someone who is that energetic/enthusiastic all the time.   Her emotionality would be exhausting to put up with.

And her "sloth hug"- WTF?  Is that a thing, or did she make it up?  HI, my favorite animal is a SLOTH (really? an animal that is the opposite of you?)  so let me jump on you and wrap my legs around you.   WHO DOES THAT??    it's just a way to jump on a guy (see, I'm so cute and little) and have him hold her butt.  the guy has no choice, she's hanging on his neck, he has to put his hands under her, or risk being off-balance or having his neck hurt.   It's a strangely intimate way of "hugging"  someone you just met.  Usually a guy is  more careful and respectful to NOT grab a woman's butt when giving a "nice to meet you"  hug.

And she squeals. Contain it, Alex!  Squealing is only cute with girls a certain age - like under age 5.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Bringing this over from the other thread:

I might have cared more about the outcome of the Alicia vs. Alex thing if the producers had done more to hide their annoying qualities before this episode to make them rootable.  As it was the entire episode was a drag, because I couldn't care less about either of them.  And Tyler is clearly still in the oats sowing stage of his life, so if Alex really is looking for marriage, then she should be thankful that she only wasted 2 days on him before he moved on.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I am just now at the shower scene where "McClingy" says sloth hug yet again, and continues to stick her tongue down her future ex-husband's throat, the one who just told her she was forward. I can't stand her!!!!

She's the kind of girl you dream about smothering in her sleep because the sound of even her breathing sets your already frazzled nerves on edge. She's too damn much!

Alicia is funny. She said she isn't even turning on the flirtiness. In other words= Alex is a non- mothereffing factor! She can win this with no effort!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

It is interesting how Alex has no problem showing off her body and making out with a guy she just met in an effort to entice him, only to eventually need to drop a bombshell that not only is she politically conservative (and you better be too!), she is a virgin who is waiting for marriage. I feel bad for her. She seems to be so desperate that she has no trouble lying to men. She doesn't need to be so eager, she is extremely young and has plenty of time to land a husband.

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

It is interesting how Alex has no problem showing off her body and making out with a guy she just met in an effort to entice him, only to eventually need to drop a bombshell that not only is she politically conservative (and you better be too!), she is a virgin who is waiting for marriage. I feel bad for her. She seems to be so desperate that she has no trouble lying to men. She doesn't need to be so eager, she is extremely young and has plenty of time to land a husband.

I think that is what men call "a tease."

Edited by announcergirl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, announcergirl said:

I just got to my desk this morning and read your message! I laughed so loudly!!!! Hence all the exclamation points!!!!! Yes!! She is nutty as a fucking fruitcake. My reaction to seeing her come around that corner to meet that first guy,  grinning so hard with her joker smile, was visceral! I just can't take her! Could you imagine working with her everyday? Yeah, something is off with this chic!

Exclamations show what I'm feeling ?

LOL -- I made you feel exclamation points?!???  go me!  I normally only make people feel periods...maybe semicolons :)

Alex is nuttier than squirrel turds.

I hope they fly in Bob Dole or Rush Limbaugh in for her.  

3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

It is interesting how Alex has no problem showing off her body and making out with a guy she just met in an effort to entice him, only to eventually need to drop a bombshell that not only is she politically conservative (and you better be too!), she is a virgin who is waiting for marriage. I feel bad for her. She seems to be so desperate that she has no trouble lying to men. She doesn't need to be so eager, she is extremely young and has plenty of time to land a husband.

I have a huge problem with that, because I think its a classic bait and switch.  Especially with the unbending conservative stance.  She knows that is super important to her, and only mentions it to men once she gets to the villa.  I may not like Ben, but she was an asshole for waiting until they were alone and then basically springing it on him.  

If something is that important to you, you should mention it up front.  

Things may have not worked out between he and Michelle, but she mentioned her child almost immediately, and I respect her for that.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, backformore said:

And her "sloth hug"- WTF?  Is that a thing, or did she make it up?  HI, my favorite animal is a SLOTH (really? an animal that is the opposite of you?)  so let me jump on you and wrap my legs around you.   WHO DOES THAT??    it's just a way to jump on a guy (see, I'm so cute and little) and have him hold her butt.  the guy has no choice, she's hanging on his neck, he has to put his hands under her, or risk being off-balance or having his neck hurt.   It's a strangely intimate way of "hugging"  someone you just met.  Usually a guy is  more careful and respectful to NOT grab a woman's butt when giving a "nice to meet you"  hug.

And she squeals. Contain it, Alex!  Squealing is only cute with girls a certain age - like under age 5.

you nailed it.

12 hours ago, Real4real said:

I actually don't think Alex is probably that crazy, just this process is not bringing out the best in her.  As she continues to be chosen for the two-on-one dates, then rejected, it would be hard for anyone to keep their confidence up.  She is not doing herself any good by continuing this.  What will happen if she does eventually gets to the couples villa?  With all the guys who rejected her and girls who betrayed her?  Plus with her strong political views, I could easily see the Truth or Dare game turn into a full out fist fight!  I don't think it will be pleasant for anyone.  And how much harder will the fall be if she gets dumped at that point?

Hell, with her strong political views I could see how watching an episode of Three's Company would end up in a full out fist fight.

15 hours ago, GenL said:

I am starting to feel bad for Alex too.  I totally was all about the snark with her before, but now I just don't know.  I think the desperation just comes off of her in waves and the guys can sense that.  Not that that doesn't still make me feel bad.  She needs to learn to just relax. 

I was all about Alicia deciding to make a play for Tyler herself.  I agreed with those in the Couples Villa who said that she has to think of herself in this situation, but the way she did it in the bathroom was just catty.  And, I know this isn't real world and the girls only get a few minutes to meet each guy before he makes the decision, but I wish people would stop throwing her attraction to BT back at her every time there's a new guy she seems to like.  At that time, BT was the one she liked best.  Now she realizes that there are others out there she'd like just as much if not more.  Of course, I'm not living with her so I don't know exactly how much/long she whined and carried on about losing BT.  I wouldn't be surprised if Alex pulls out after this.  There's only so many times a person can be rejected someone before they just want to curl up into a ball and cry for a week.

Despite all of that- I am not a 100% defender of Alex.  She needs to grow up, calm down and just be herself if she wants to find someone who is compatible with her.  I think she went for the full-out make-out session because for some reason she thought that would make the guy pick her.  That is the wrong move!!

I also feel bad for Kristen.  Kinda like I did for Michelle.  They aren't compatible with their guy, their guy isn't willing to talk and all they want to do is hash it out and they are perceived as a harpy or a shrew.  No.  They are trying to get it out in the open so they both can move on.  This isn't working, so why not just end it now?  Because he wants a vacation, that's why.  Just like Ben.  I still don't buy his "relationship" with Lisa yet. 

So -- I just don't understand why Kristin is still holding onto that map thing.  I get it, its annoying....but people are annoying.  And a guy you are with will have some annoying traits.  I get it, but at least in the early days of the relationship you should be able to get over it pretty quick.

There were things my ex-bf did that annoyed me, but they were in two categories: 1) behaviors I couldn't stand, and 2) something he did that just annoyed me.  An example of #2 was when we went out for burgers and he tried to pay with a bag of quarters and other assorted coins.  I understood his argument that money is money, but there were quarters falling on the floor and the lady was staring at us while he was counting everything out and picking up coins.  Just no -- I paid for the meal and gave him "the look"

But it didn't bother me for more than an hour, and this was like six months into our relationship.  This is steady bothering Kristin like 5 minutes into her relationship with this guy and I don't get it.  I'm not even sure what there is to really talk about.  I think he probably understood why she was annoyed, but I can't imagine why it would be more than a 10 minute conversation.

As for Ben, I think his "relationship" with Lisa is him getting a free vacation and a willing sex partner for the summer.

But I think Lisa is way into him, so he might have to change his number.

As for Alex -- I somewhat agree, but I think she goes over the top routinely to try to manipulate the other women and make them feel sorry for her so she gets her way.  She was just SO INTO BT, that Kristin was supposed to call her and comfort her.  And BT was going to be her future husband, and her personal GI Joe and she was so sure, and she needed comforting from everyone after he didn't pick her.  And instead of paying attention to finding a relationship, Kristin was in the wrong for not paying attention to Alex.

The same way here, Alex is SO INTO TYLER, and that is her guy, and she loves him, she really loves him......so Alicia should just back off, because this is Alex's future husband and they are going to make beautiful little babies with joker smiles who listen to Fox News.  

16 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I feel that way about her, too, from time to time, but then I see how she manipulates the people around her to get attention.  The way she rode gravely back in the boat and walked down the pier, just like a sad, but normal person, then walked up to her group of friends, threw her head back, made a huge "cry face," and started to sob.  They all gathered around to comfort her and talk about how awful the other woman was. 

People are taught in method acting that making that cry face actually triggers tears and makes it easier to fake them.  When I see someone (a child usually) begin with the big face, I get suspicious. 

I saw that too, and don't think I didn't notice that there wasn't one scintilla of actual moisture around her eyes....just the big cry face.  

I try not to be too harsh, because I know its hard for me to cry.....but I find it hard to believe that Alex isn't manipulative with some of that.  Because I think there were a few times she maybe brushed her eyes, made a cry face and went through the motions, but I saw no evidence of actual tears.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, RCharter said:

you nailed it.

Hell, with her strong political views I could see how watching an episode of Three's Company would end up in a full out fist fight.

So -- I just don't understand why Kristin is still holding onto that map thing.  I get it, its annoying....but people are annoying.  And a guy you are with will have some annoying traits.  I get it, but at least in the early days of the relationship you should be able to get over it pretty quick.

There were things my ex-bf did that annoyed me, but they were in two categories: 1) behaviors I couldn't stand, and 2) something he did that just annoyed me.  An example of #2 was when we went out for burgers and he tried to pay with a bag of quarters and other assorted coins.  I understood his argument that money is money, but there were quarters falling on the floor and the lady was staring at us while he was counting everything out and picking up coins.  Just no -- I paid for the meal and gave him "the look"

But it didn't bother me for more than an hour, and this was like six months into our relationship.  This is steady bothering Kristin like 5 minutes into her relationship with this guy and I don't get it.  I'm not even sure what there is to really talk about.  I think he probably understood why she was annoyed, but I can't imagine why it would be more than a 10 minute conversation.

As for Ben, I think his "relationship" with Lisa is him getting a free vacation and a willing sex partner for the summer.

But I think Lisa is way into him, so he might have to change his number.

As for Alex -- I somewhat agree, but I think she goes over the top routinely to try to manipulate the other women and make them feel sorry for her so she gets her way.  She was just SO INTO BT, that Kristin was supposed to call her and comfort her.  And BT was going to be her future husband, and her personal GI Joe and she was so sure, and she needed comforting from everyone after he didn't pick her.  And instead of paying attention to finding a relationship, Kristin was in the wrong for not paying attention to Alex.

The same way here, Alex is SO INTO TYLER, and that is her guy, and she loves him, she really loves him......so Alicia should just back off, because this is Alex's future husband and they are going to make beautiful little babies with joker smiles who listen to Fox News.  

I saw that too, and don't think I didn't notice that there wasn't one scintilla of actual moisture around her eyes....just the big cry face.  

I try not to be too harsh, because I know its hard for me to cry.....but I find it hard to believe that Alex isn't manipulative with some of that.  Because I think there were a few times she maybe brushed her eyes, made a cry face and went through the motions, but I saw no evidence of actual tears.

She definitely manipulates the other girls. Did you see how fast they ate up her story and turned on Alicia fast. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Alex says she doesn't understand what is going on?  Really?  Stop acting so over the top desperate.  How is she going to declare him " her guy".  She scared him away.  The other girls are siding with her because they are all in the same boat sitting there without a man yet.  They are all there to meet someone.  Alex, Tyler chose Alicia in spite of your loud declarations of "I really like this guy".  Well, he really likes Alicia!  And that my friend is that, no matter how many women are on your side.  His choice!  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I kinda liked seeing Alex without her 5 hour makeup job; when she looked like she was 12. And every time she comes on my screen I start shaking my head 'Alex, Alex Alex...' She still doesn't realize that talking about babies 5 seconds in and/or throwing yourself at the guys emotionally and physically too soon is not the way to go. I laugh each time someone picks her... but even with possibly fake tears I still felt bad for her because in Alex World this was a crushing defeat. I mean I know she's delusional but in her world this one really got to her and that bums me out a bit.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

That's the first time I ever heard of the leg-wrapping hug called a "sloth hug".  It was bad enough to do that in the first 5 minutes of meeting the guy.  But then to do it again, in a bikini, in the shower -- and then to declare (to others, but not to Tyler) you are saving your virginity for marriage!  accouncergirl had it right, Alex is a "tease".  Tyler probably thought she was too "easy" and preferred Alicia's charm and restraint.  I do think Alicia was out of line talking smack about Alex in front of both Alex and Tyler.  But Alex is so desperate.  I think the other girls feel she's like a younger sister they need to coddle.

I think Kristen is harping on the navigation thing way too much.  A simple, "Hey, next time I'm driving, I'm really depending on you to navigate!" would have sufficed.  Maybe poor what-his-name doesn't know how to read a map (if so, he should offer to drive while Kristen navigates).

Speaking of Kristen, I finally figured out how she looks like!  I kept thinking maybe a young Cybill Shepherd, but then realized it's Taylor Schilling (Piper in OITNB)!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

Speaking of Kristen, I finally figured out how she looks like!  I kept thinking maybe a young Cybill Shepherd, but then realized it's Taylor Schilling (Piper in OITNB)!

Yes! With a touch of Marcia Brady :)

Share this post


Link to post

I must have missed the "saving myself for marriage" speech--I was sure Alicia was going to walk in on Alex and Tyler in bed when she was walking slowly up the stairs after giving them their alone time!  That sure seemed to be where things were headed in the shower scene!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/29/2016 at 5:26 PM, announcergirl said:

She's the kind of girl you dream about smothering in her sleep because the sound of even her breathing sets your already frazzled nerves on edge. She's too damn much!

Love it. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Real4real said:

I must have missed the "saving myself for marriage" speech--I was sure Alicia was going to walk in on Alex and Tyler in bed when she was walking slowly up the stairs after giving them their alone time!  That sure seemed to be where things were headed in the shower scene!

I started wondering if I had imagined it myself.  Then I realized she didn't say it on the show, but in her blog: http://www.wdjx.com/coupled-episode-6-javier-picks-no-one/

In the paragraph near the bottom, where she talks about the 100% Bangable comment, she states, "With the guys I went to the villas with I told them very soon after meeting them that like Ashley I am waiting till I’m married to have sex."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

She is going to have a hard time finding a man willing to wait until marriage.  There are a few out there but probably not on reality TV.   I don't understand the concept.  I suppose it is a Christian thing.  

Edited by wings707
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, wings707 said:

She is going to have a hard time finding a man willing to wait until marriage.  There are a few out there but probably not on reality TV.  

Especially when she says "hello"  by wrapping her legs around a guy.  Nothing says "virgin"  like initiating an action where your lady parts are right there on his abs, and his hands are on your ass.  That's not a hug, Alex.  And making out in the shower, wearing a bikini?   How does that communicate "I'll only be intimate with someone I'm married to"?     The mixed messages just add to  the things that scare guys away. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Especially when she says "hello"  by wrapping her legs around a guy.  Nothing says "virgin"  like initiating an action where your lady parts are right there on his abs, and his hands are on your ass.  That's not a hug, Alex.  And making out in the shower, wearing a bikini?   How does that communicate "I'll only be intimate with someone I'm married to"?     The mixed messages just add to  the things that scare guys away. 

See, and thats the difference between she and Ashley, IMO.  I don't think there anything wrong in waiting for marriage.  You should have sex when you're comfortable.  But, I do have a problem when she sends these mixed messages "I'm bangable!" vs. "I'm waiting for marriage" "Sloth hug!" vs. "I'm waiting for marriage"

I think she would even be fine if she did all this stuff, but told guys immediately about her stance on virginity.  But I have my doubts that it comes up "right away," but rather it comes up when she feels like she has the upper hand or she can use it to her advantage.  I can envision some sort of "well, now that you got a taste of how great it is to make out with me, who knows, maybe you can get the rest of the package if you just put a ring on it!"

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

That all tells me that Alex is not a virgin because she really believes in that, but because she wants to get married ASAP and thinks holding out sex will motivate a man to do so. Ugh.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

That all tells me that Alex is not a virgin because she really believes in that, but because she wants to get married ASAP and thinks holding out sex will motivate a man to do so. Ugh.

For the sort of guy she wants....I guess its possible.

I just don't think the guy she wants, is all that into her.

I don't particularly think its super important for a lot of men in their mid-20's, early-30's that there is blood on the sheets or whatever after their first night together.

Which means that she would be looking for a man who thinks she is so special that he will forego sex because she is awesome, or a man who is so desperate to get rid of blue balls that he would marry her in spite of her personality.  And he has to watch Fox News!  And be a conservative!  And dedicated to living in the south for the rest of his life!

I'm not sure where this unicorn is...but I hope he finds Alex at some point.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I like this show way more than the Bachelore/ette. At least here people have a chance to be genuine and are not auditioning for a show. I do like that some couples have really worked and there may be a chance for longterm in them. But I feel dissappointed when I see the effort new couples make to impress each other at the beginning and then they become like an old married couple. It makes me lose hope for romance existing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, himela said:

I like this show way more than the Bachelore/ette. At least here people have a chance to be genuine and are not auditioning for a show. I do like that some couples have really worked and there may be a chance for longterm in them. But I feel dissappointed when I see the effort new couples make to impress each other at the beginning and then they become like an old married couple. It makes me lose hope for romance existing.

I can totally relate. It's like it's all an illusion. So sad.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

But, most of them are like those comfortable, old, married couples with the one couple (Kristin & Jeffrey) no-longer talking to each other old, married couple.  I personally don't see a problem with that.  That's real-life.  The other couples, while comfortable, appear to still have romance going on.  They are cuddling, spending time with each other and communicating.  I don't see that as romance being dead but alive and kicking.  Of course, it's only been a few weeks, so who knows what will happen.  I've been married for a long, long time (24 years), so I see the comfortable-but-still-enjoying-each-others-company as a good thing. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I think Alex must be the last of her group to settle down  (not necessarily marry) which adds to her Must Get Married headset. I find her off-putting as a female watching her; I can't imagine how the men there must feel.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

(moved this from the All Episodes Talk thread) 

I had a whole post written about Alex,  which I just accidentally deleted. I'll summarize: she's annoying,  hypocritical,  immature,  and way too much too soon. She was insulted that Alicia insinuated that she would back off so Alex would have a chance,  yet in another breath Alex was asking Alicia to do just that.  Alex  hinted that since she likes the new guy (crap,  forgot his name.. Tyler?) so very much and is so very serious,  that  Alicia should back off, since she surely didn't like him as much as Alex does. 

Alex sure thinks highly of herself,  too.  "We're your Tour Guide Barbies! Tee-hee!"  Sorry,  Alex, none of my Barbies ever had a mouth like that. (Normally I probably wouldn't go there,  but fair game on looks because Alex has such an inflated view of her attractiveness)  Alex is cute,  but she's not this always-bangable sex goddess she thinks she is, and I think deep down she's very insecure. Any attractiveness is offset by her boner-killing personality. 

I forgot my other points, but I think others have pretty much hit the nail on the head. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:47 AM, himela said:

I like this show way more than the Bachelore/ette. At least here people have a chance to be genuine and are not auditioning for a show. I do like that some couples have really worked and there may be a chance for longterm in them. But I feel dissappointed when I see the effort new couples make to impress each other at the beginning and then they become like an old married couple. It makes me lose hope for romance existing.

I think part of the problem is that it's just too much too soon.  First dates are exhausting, because you have your best face on all the time, trying to impress without seeming to be trying, holding your stomach in, smiling, actually listening when they talk about their cars. No matter how well a first date ever went for me I was always kind of glad to get home and relax.  These poor couples are meeting and then immediately spending two days to a week or more together, nonstop day  and night. I'm surprised no one has walked into the ocean.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/30/2016 at 6:43 AM, announcergirl said:

She definitely manipulates the other girls. Did you see how fast they ate up her story and turned on Alicia fast. 

And that whole comment about how if he picked Alicia all the girls would put on war paint and come boiling over to the villa to right the wrong. Jesus, girl. Take it down a couple notches. Like ten.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

I feel like Alex (and the producers) accomplished exactly what they set out for.   After this episode, everyone is talking about Alex.  I give the show (and Alex) credit, though, for making a story that's fun to comment on while only being mildly insulting to viewers' intelligence.  I only watched a season or two of the Bachelor franchise but I always felt a little degraded by how they presented their dramatic story arcs.  

I guess it helps that with Alex, her desperation to BE SOMEBODY IN THE MEDIA is so glaring you know she's 110% a willing participant in all the OTT theatrics here.

She reminds me physically a bit of Melissa Rycroft and I think she wants that career path... America's sweetheart left victimized by a Bachelor, who parlayed it into a steady ABC gig.  Though of course she wants it on Fox.  

Share this post


Link to post
×