Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Totally Waist-ed

A man who wants his ears back receives Dr. Nassif's assistance; Dr. Dubrow takes on a botched butt implant; and both docs meet with a woman who has had 17 surgeries to make herself look like a pixie.

I was really interested to see what Paul would do with Trevor's ears, since I had to deal with the same situation myself. I had two large keloids that were removed with three surgeries each and multiple steroid injections over ten years. The bad ear was even treated with radiation and it STILL continued to keloid. One ear stopped keloiding after five years, the other stopped after ten years. Both ears are disfigured but I can live with that. And I still have three out of five piercings. So to see Paul just do the keloid removal and not talk about any other treatment was interesting. I know if I feel even a tingle in my scar area I run to my plastic surgeon for a steroid injection. I really hope Trevor doesn't have to go through any more surgeries.

Cartoon Girl was ridiculous. I thought it was hilarious she threw Justin back in Terry and Paul's faces. That's what Terry gets for promoting that idiot. I wonder what will happen to her organs if she ever gets pregnant and everything gets shoved upstream?

Misty was also a bit ridiculous about her butt implants. Why in the world did she miss those misplaced humps that looked like shit? Why would she want to go through infection and pain again? I think she was just play-insisting for the drama.

• Love 5

Cartoon Girl did look absolutely ridiculous.  Not only is it not safe to have 6 ribs removed, I don't think it's all that healthy to undergo that many elective surgeries with full anesthesia in her young life.  Three nose jobs and four breast jobs since she was, what 17?, and she's only 25.  I mean, it's not like these are life saving surgeries.  To me the real kicker was that she was absolutely stunning in the before picture (or maybe she just had her nose done the first time in the pic, definitely before the life preserver boobs and the missing ribs). I thought Paul & Terry were going to recommend she see a shrink for plastic surgery addiction.

• Love 4
(edited)

I only partially watched this ep but what's going to prevent Trevor's keloids from returning again? Also, I found it odd at his post-surgery reveal that he implied that he had been unemployed for several years b/c of them and wondered how he got that expensive car and lived without leaving his house.

Cartoon girl was another freak show but I laughed at her mention of that other freak who has made multiple appearances on this show. I wasn't paying attention but did she say he designed hip implants for her or did she want them to ask him to do that for her?

I kinda wanted to smack the girl for whining about her butt after the doctor fixed it. I guess this wasn't added to her "lessons learned" file.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Cartoon girl was another freak show but I laughed at her mention of that other freak who has made multiple appearances on this show. I wasn't paying attention but did she say he designed hip implants for her or did she want them to ask him to do that for her?

I kinda wanted to smack the girl for whining about her butt after the doctor fixed it. I guess this wasn't added to her "lessons learned" file.

Justin Jedica, the "human" Ken doll designed her implants.

When butt girl came in for her post op, I was like, is she pouting? She's not pouting she must be in pain, no wait she is pouting!!!

Boohoo! I live in Miami, you don't understand the pressure they put on soccer moms here.

• Love 2
(edited)

Misty is DEFINITELY going to another doctor and getting butt implants done again. She probably made an appointment over the phone while driving away from the office.

I really wish that the doctors would more often refer those extreme modification folks to a psychiatrist or therapist. They need significant help. The only useful case to show on Botched would be what a person with extreme modifications looks like in middle age or well beyond.

Edited by terrymct
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

but what's going to prevent Trevor's keloids from returning again?

They will return unless he has steroid injections, like I talked about in my post. I had to have them for ten years to stop my keloids. That is why I was really wanting to see if Paul had a new and improved way of dealing with them because every time my scar starts itching (my "start up" signal), I have to go through injections to prevent the scar from started back.

• Love 1

I seriously can't believe that a doctor would remove someone's ribs. That doctor should have their medical license revoked. Cartoon girl was beautiful before. Now she looks like a 45 year old trying to look 21. I love how Paul told her that she would look ugly if she got those implants. 

The butt lady was just stupid. I can't believe she wants implants back in even though her butt was deformed because of them. I also think that she will get implants from another doctor. I don't think her butt looked that good after Terry fixed it. I think he pulled it up too much and it looks smushed at the top. Could the doctors inject fat in her butt to give her a more voluminous look?

• Love 1

Butt lady's biggest concern right now should be the Valley of the Dolls hairdo she had in the talking head sequence.  Aged her 25 years!

I've got big boobs and a flat butt. Glad I was old before big butts came in.  Of course when I was young big boobs weren't in, either.  

They really need to stop with the cartoon people, or else they have to do a tough love segment with them, harsher than the one Terri did on the twins last week (harshing their "we're identical!" spiel by pointing out all the ways they so obviously weren't)

Not only are car lady's organs in danger from all sorts of random trauma -- forget car accidents.  A bad slip on a flight of stairs or a patch of ice, the kind of thing that would ordinarily result in a torso scrape and a nasty bruise, could do internal organ damage to her.  Likewise, the forces of pressure on her spine must be seriously altered by the lack of stabilization from the missing ribs -- even if she avoids trauma, will her spine even hold her boobs up in 20 years?  Even if she takes the implants out?   

• Love 4

I had a hard time looking at cartoon lady. It hurt to look at her. Her waist dimensions made me so uncomfortable. The concept of removing one's ribs for beauty makes me gag. 

Paul made me laugh though, when he told her she would look goofy ugly with the implants. Hahha, go Paul! You can tell he's had enough of the nonsense and barely tolerates the "body modification people" for the show. 

I agree with everyone above; butt implant lady is going to find another surgeon to put implants back in. Sigh.

• Love 2

I can't believe these people find doctors to remove ribs. And then they see a couple of the best plastic surgeons in the world and don't understand why they can't get what they think they want. Anyone who has ever bruised, cracked or broke a rib is lucky - the rib(s) kept the organs below from being injured. Even if it doesn't feel like any good kind of luck at the time.

• Love 3

Dubrow really annoyed me this episode when talking about the woman with the butt implants.  While I can understand she shouldn't replace them because she had so many issues with them, his initial argument was "she looks like a soccer mom," as if she wasn't attractive enough to warrant choosing to enhance her body in a way she wanted to.  Okay, Terry is a breast guy.  I get it.  He doesn't care for junk in the trunk.  She wants a curvier look. He needs to shut it with the criticism.

They also kept going on about how attractive earlobe guy is.  I agree he's attractive, but that doesn't mean he is more deserving of having his deformity fixed.  If a less attractive person had keloids on their earlobes would they not do the surgery? 

• Love 5

Maybe they should do a plastic surgery intervention show, where concerned family members sic them on people who are going down the cartoon people road. 

I have a feeling that kind of extreme body dysmorphia is based on childhood trauma, unfortunately... Something makes them want to be inanimate.

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:51 AM, Galloway Cave said:

They will return unless he has steroid injections, like I talked about in my post. I had to have them for ten years to stop my keloids. That is why I was really wanting to see if Paul had a new and improved way of dealing with them because every time my scar starts itching (my "start up" signal), I have to go through injections to prevent the scar from started back.

OK, I didn't realize you took them as a preventative measure. I thought that was another cure.

I hadn't known about Botched by Nature -- I definitely think it will be a lot more wholesome than the current formula of one person who just had bad luck, one person who thought they could do plastic surgery on the cheap and has paid the price for it, and one freak.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

OK, I didn't realize you took them as a preventative measure. I thought that was another cure.

If the keloid is small, you can get just steroid injections to reduce it. The larger ones need to be removed and also injected. The key is using steroids to stop the keloid cells from growing and to even reverse growth.

I actually thought Pixie girl was beautiful. Yes, cartoonish looking, but compared to all the other cartoon people on this show, she's gorgeous.

HOWEVER, I can't believe she got rid of 6 ribs just to have a 23 inch waist.  She was already naturally small, how was she not able to exercise to 23 inches.

• Love 1
(edited)

Probably would have been less expensive and less complicated if butt lady moved out of Miami if that was Her impetus for getting the implants. All to fill out some shorts.  Know this is gong to sound bitchy but fuck it. That lady could have done a lot of other things to improve her looks. The butt should have been last on her list. 

Pretty boring episode, imo. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
Autocorrect disaster
  • Love 2

Can I just say how much I LOOOVVVEEE the way they shut down Pixee's delusional "dreams"? They were totally in the right, and she's eventually going to be full of contracted, infected implants if her lack of ribs doesn't kill her first.

Butt lady said she was told at her job that she needed to fill out the shorts.  So, let's talk workplace harassment, the right to create looks-based job requirements and a million other things that make women more likely to choose plastic surgery.  It may well have been the way to keep her job.   Now, you can argue that she should get another job, but that's not always so easy, especially at the same pay.   Personally I didn't see anything wrong with her looks. 

Butt padding on the job would have been a simple solution, but that lady was one of the more determined patients we've seen. No matter how crooked, ugly, painful, infected or expensive -- she was willing to put everything on the line in order to achieve her ass-y dream.

• Love 3
On July 4, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Muffyn said:

Butt lady said she was told at her job that she needed to fill out the shorts.  So, let's talk workplace harassment, the right to create looks-based job requirements and a million other things that make women more likely to choose plastic surgery.  It may well have been the way to keep her job.   Now, you can argue that she should get another job, but that's not always so easy, especially at the same pay.   Personally I didn't see anything wrong with her looks. 

The butt is a big deal in Miami.   I have no idea where she worked that was butt-centric with a saggy ass.   Miami is chock full of women far more attractive with big round butts.  If you work somewhere where the clientele demands an attractive ass, you hire someone with an attractive ass.  Sorry, but the talent pool in Miami would have squeezed her out long ago.    No way can she compete look and body wise with all the South American women here.    Have you seen those tiny yet perfectly curvy Brazilian women?  They are so many, and there are so many flawless ones.   Competition here is insane.  

• Love 1

Galloway Cave, who does the steroid injections for your keloids? I have a small keloid on the base of my neck due to two thyroid surgeries (the first scar healed perfectly, the second surgery was right on top of it and hasn't healed well) and it bugs me.

Pixie or whatever the hell her name was is probably going to die at a young age from complications of so many stupid surgeries. The doctor who removed her ribs should have his license revoked. I'm glad Paul told her off.

Butt implant lady was an idiot. She had a massive scar that took 3 years to heal, the implants caused her daily pain, and yet I have no doubt she'll be searching out another doctor to put new ones back in.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Galloway Cave, who does the steroid injections for your keloids?

I see a plastic surgeon. My first PS was an older doc who used conventional steroid protocols, but my second PS doc was younger and was more aggressive with the injections. That is what finally worked. She also tried radiation treatment. Alas, I am her only treatment failure. But she has had great success with it in other patients. It can be hard to turn off the keloiding process in some people. Fortunately for me, any other areas that have started to keloid have stopped and reversed on their own.

• Love 2

I had several cortisone injections to reduce a stubborn keloid from a minor surgery. The work was done by a plastic surgeon, and the shots by a dermatologist. It's been several years, and the scar has stayed gone. On the other hand, I had cortisone injections for a skin cancer surgery removal scar, and I got a dark-colored depression in the skin as a result. Fortunately, the tissue loss corrected itself, but I decided that the thick scar was a better choice. 

I'd get these shots for a visible problem like the earlobe situation in the show. 

I'm sure pixie woman will find a surgeon to satisfy her current requests. Look what's already been done. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, emma675 said:

Butt implant lady was an idiot. She had a massive scar that took 3 years to heal, the implants caused her daily pain, and yet I have no doubt she'll be searching out another doctor to put new ones back in.

I hope she's asked "Weren't you on Botched...?" before being shown the exit every time.

• Love 2