Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

Let me say one thing. 

Whoever wins the final HOH better not blindside him. 

They would be better off telling him before the live show that they are not taking him. He would not like it but he would respect them telling him. He was so careful himself to not let people be blindsided and would tell a few hours before eviction- day, z. 

if it is a blindside, I can see him taking that extremely personally especially if Nicole does it. Question is Nicole has shown very little courage in her moves - I'm scared Corey.

pretty sure James would vote for Paul if Nicole blindsides him and I think nat and Meech would vote with him.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

Let me say one thing. 

Whoever wins the final HOH better not blindside him. 

They would be better off telling him before the live show that they are not taking him. He would not like it but he would respect them telling him. He was so careful himself to not let people be blindsided and would tell a few hours before eviction- day, z. 

if it is a blindside, I can see him taking that extremely personally especially if Nicole does it. Question is Nicole has shown very little courage in her moves - I'm scared Corey.

pretty sure James would vote for Paul if Nicole blindsides him and I think nat and Meech would vote with him.

I could see Paul doing that to James easily. I would hope Nicole would tell him with their history. If James does leave 3rd he will not have time to convince anyone to vote one way or the other (Unless during commercial breaks).

• Love 1

He told Nicole he was going to insult him in his eviction speech.

call him worthless, etc.

does he really think that will help him with a jury that clearly likes James. Or do they even see the final eviction speech?

it will sure as hell lose him James vote.

thats why I can't pull for Paul even though Nicole is pretty bad herself. He has a little bit of s mean streak in him.

you saw it with Bridget, and are seeing it with James.

• Love 5
Just now, Irishsecra said:

call him worthless, etc.

does he really think that will help him with a jury that clearly likes James. Or do they even see the final eviction speech?

thats why I can't pull for Paul even though Nicole is pretty bad herself. He has a little bit of s mean streak in him.

Yep and that is why I cannot root for Paul at all. At least Nicole is not as cruel. I don't think the jury sees the eviction speech but I hope James gets to say something to them before they vote. 

• Love 1
Just now, Irishsecra said:

call him worthless, etc.

Paul is always, ALWAYS, puffing his chest out and saying shit like that in front of other people- "I'm going to make her last week miserable/I'm going to shit on him so hard/I'm going to give them such a nasty goodbye message/I'm going to call them out in my eviction speech"

Like most blustering bullies he rarely backs up his comments. Unless its a woman of course, in which case all bets are off.

• Love 3

Even if James comes in third, I'm not going to feel particularly sorry for him. He played the game he chose to play. And if what I've read is true, he's getting $25K as a returning vet who made jury, $5K he won during a comp, and a weekly stipend.  Depending on the stipend amount, he could be taking home in excess of $50K total.

• Love 3

Just saw this on Jokers: Nicole talks to herself about how she cannot give James 50k and how all he did all summer was lay in bed and play Natalie's game. It's sounds to me if she wins the 3rd round she is cutting James and taking Paul. I didn't realize how much Nicole disliked James. I thought they were friends and/or friendly. I sort agree with her but I thought she was just pretending with Paul but it sounds like (at least, now) she's gonna cut James. 

• Love 4

Yeah somehow Paul has misted her. Before Corey was evicted she loved James, now she dislikes him intensely. Even told Corey to work on those votes against James.

really bizarre but I am over it. I honestly don't care which one wins at this point though I would love her to lose fir this decision.

they are both pretty gross people and this is from someone who loved her in her season with Hayden and Donny. I guess being with them made her a better person.

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 4
Just now, AbsoluteShower said:

...nope - I've got nothing...

No, wait - FUCK YOU NICOLE YOU STEAMING GREAT HYPOCRITE!!!!!

I totally didn't even think of that. Too funny! That said, she did talk a lot of game play with Corey in between all the sex they (weren't) discreetly having. Jus sayin......

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I totally didn't even think of that. Too funny! That said, she did talk a lot of game play with Corey in between all the sex they (weren't) discreetly having. Jus sayin......

James talked a lot of game with Natalie too. All Nicole did was wins more comps at the end. Paul was on the block six times for a reason. James was on the block once and Nicole was on the block once. I am to the point I don't care who is taking who anymore. James gets to final 2 great. If he doesn't than I hope Paul and Nicole gets each other screwed for taking each other.

What is funny to me is that Nicole honestly thinks that specifically insulting James in her jury speech is the way to get votes. And she is actually practicing this alone so she is serious about it. Saying he was worthless and did nothing but play with Natalie!

is she stupid? The jury loves James and is just going to see it as another example of her snakey personality. He was the only one defending her to the girls. You don't insult other players in your speech to the jury! At least I can't think of anyone who did and won! Evel DIck maybe? What a player to copy!

and it sure as heck is gonna lose her James and nat's votes. Probably meech's as well. It may just put an end to girl power and give bridge's vote to Paul as well. 

With Vic, that's 5 votes. Game over.

nicole is about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. That would be a fitting blindside on herself.

honest to god she has 3 solid  votes - Corey, Paulie and Z. After she insults James and Natalie in her eviction speec- where does she think she is getting the other 2 votes?

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

What is funny to me is that Nicole honestly thinks that specifically insulting James in her jury speech is the way to get votes. And she is actually practicing this alone so she is serious about it. Saying he was worthless and did nothing but play with Natalie!

is she stupid? The jury loves James and is just going to see it as another example of her snakey personality. He was the only one defending her to the girls. You don't insult other players in your speech to the jury! At least I can't think of anyone who did and won! Evel DIck maybe? What a player to copy!

and it sure as heck is gonna lose her James and nat's votes. Probably meech's as well. It may just put an end to girl power and give bridge's vote to Paul as well. 

With Vic, that's 5 votes. Game over.

nicole is about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. That would be a fitting blindside on herself.

honest to god she has 3 solid  votes - Corey, Paulie and Z. After she insults James and Natalie in her eviction speec- where does she think she is getting the other 2 votes?

I don't think the jury sees the eviction speeches. I don't know that for a fact but they evict the last person, and then that person disappears, and then they call out the 8 other jurors and then they call out the last juror who was not with the other eight. I could be wrong about this but I am pretty sure they don't see the eviction speeches like we do.

Ugh... Nicole, Nicole, Nicole.  Well, I guess it's gonna be Paul v. Nicole for Final 2.  I hate them both, but I would (barely) prefer her to win over him.  IMO, he is nasty and obnoxious, especially when he is in power.  Nicole is mean and talks crap about people behind their backs, but his aggressive in-your-face behavior is worse to me.  

I am stunned that both Paul and Nicole are seriously planning not only to boot James, but also to trash him in their eviction speech.  This proves that they're both not very smart players.  This finale is gonna be so disappointing.

Edited by me5671
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, me5671 said:

Ugh... Nicole, Nicole, Nicole.  Well, I guess it's gonna be Paul v. Nicole for Final 2.  I hate them both, but I would (barely) prefer her to win over him.  IMO, he is nasty and obnoxious, especially when he is in power.  Nicole is mean and talks crap about people behind their backs, but his aggressive in-your-face behavior is worse to me.  

I am stunned that both Paul and Nicole are seriously planning not only to boot James, but also to trash him in their eviction speech.  This proves that they're both not very smart players.  This finale is gonna be so disappointing.

Agreed. I hope they feel good about themselves for shitting on James.

35 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

I don't think the jury sees the eviction speeches. I don't know that for a fact but they evict the last person, and then that person disappears, and then they call out the 8 other jurors and then they call out the last juror who was not with the other eight. I could be wrong about this but I am pretty sure they don't see the eviction speeches like we do.

Yes, the jury sees the eviction speeches. They make these speeches for the jury specifically. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

It isn't her eviction speech though. It seems to be the speech she makes directly to the jury to make her case for why she should win.

but even if it was her eviction speech it would still lose James vote and he would prob tell nat if he had a moment.

honestly do Paul and Nicole believe the jury doesn't like James? That they will cheer them on fir crapping all over him live in front of his family, in front of Bailey? What happened to plain old decency and compassion? I know this is a game but crapping all over James like that is unnecessary and just plain mean.

and unless Paul changes his mind he plans to completely blindside him on evicting him. Which somehow makes his speech trashing James even more hurtful.

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

It isn't her eviction speech though. It seems to be the speech she makes directly to the jury to make her case for why she should win.

but even if it was her eviction speech it would still lose James vote and he would prob tell nat if he had a moment.

honestly do Paul and Nicole believe the jury doesn't like James? That they will cheer them on fir crapping all over him live in front of his family, in front of Bailey? What happened  to plain old decency and compassion? I know this is a game but crapping all over James like that is unnecessary and just plain mean.

and unless Paul changes his mind he plans to completely blindside him on evicting him. Which somehow makes his speech trashing James even more hurtful.

This does not surprise me at all with Paul. Making a speech against James to the jury means she is taking him to the final 2 because otherwise it would be completely idiotic to trash someone who isn't even in the chairs. Maybe I am confused by your post.

I realize I said eviction speech- I meant the speech they make to the jury. I confused the two because I agree along with Irishsecra that Nicole is practicing or speaking about the speech she gives finale night rather than anything she says to James as he walks out the door. 

Edited by nightowl1989
14 minutes ago, nightowl1989 said:

I realize I said eviction speech- I meant the speech they make to the jury. I confused the two because I agree along with Irishsecra that Nicole is practicing or speaking about the speech she gives finale night rather than anything she says to James as he walks out the door. 

But why would you trash James to the jury if James is in the jury. Still confused.

44 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

This does not surprise me at all with Paul. Making a speech against James to the jury means she is taking him to the final 2 because otherwise it would be completely idiotic to trash someone who isn't even in the chairs. Maybe I am confused by your post.

The best I can tell is she is trying to get the jury to respect her game by taking Paul. She intends to say that she didn't take James because he didn't deserve the 50,000 prize, that he was worthless in the game and did nothing but play all season with Natalie. I believe she wants them to know she would rather lose to Paul then give a penny to a worthless player like James. I frankly think if she says such a thing she will even lose Days vote. I can imagine Day saying "Girl, your wish is granted!"

so in order to build up this great game move she has to trash James.

I honestly think she thinks it is a slam dunk but i really think it will backfire on her.

it is just another example of how she has no jury management and no clue what the jury thinks or wants.

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

The best I can tell is she is trying to get the jury to respect her game by taking Paul. She intends to say that she didn't take James because he didn't deserve the 50,000 prize, that he was worthless in the game and did nothing but play all season with Natalie. I believe she wants them to know she would rather lose to Paul then give a penny to a worthless player like James. I frankly think if she says such a thing she will even lose Days vote. I can imagine Day saying "Girl, your wish is granted!"

so in order to build up this great game move she has to trash James.

I honestly think she thinks it is a slam dunk but i really think it will backfire on her.

Interesting. I would think she would want to attack Paul and his game play to get his possible votes. I think attacking James for saying why she belongs there and why she took Paul would only give votes to Paul. Her logic is not making sense here. Now if she used James as a spring board to get his votes makes more sense. Example: I didn't take James because he played such a great social game that I knew I could not beat him. That way if there were votes for James she may get them by showing James respect (whether she means it or not doesn't matter. Wouldn't that make more sense.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Nicole talks to herself about how she cannot give James 50k and how all he did all summer was lay in bed and play Natalie's game. 

How blissfully unaware she is that she played exactly the same game. Nicole is just an angel's angel in her own tiny mind.

FYN!!

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Skycatcher said:

I miss the strategy that only adults (mental, emotional and physical) can bring.  I miss being satisfied, sated by crafty, sometimes evil, but well thought out machinations, that make me sit up an go "Wow, that was good!"

This season we had a schoolyard of pretty children.  They all got the Golden Ticket in the DNA lottery, and apparently that included a stint on a reality show (or two) in the fine print. If a HG wasn't outright beautiful (studly, curvaceous, long flowing locks, etc) , they were at least "cute" - prankish, a character or stereotype of some sort.  Bronte, the "smart one" got along for a while by dumbing down, but  Glenn, at 50 filling the old guy stereotype, of course was the first one out.  Did you know his occupation was listed as "Dog groomer/former police detective"?  There's a story there, but we never got to hear it.

This season the only "long term" strategy was  "bro it up and vote all the icky girls out."   Of course there were a couple of icky girls that could be tolerated because they were cute and certain provided services to a specific bro. LOL - remember the "bad" girls in middle school - the ones who, OMG,  "did it"?  But in the end, they were icky girls and had to be gotten out. 

At one point the icky girls did get together and flip the house.  For a brief while, the level of strategy rose slightly into middle school - "anyone but my boy/girl friend."  From the un-paired girls we got a quick version of the "girls club" with the Powder Puffs or whatever they called themselves. But it didn't last.  Without the typical  "do good in the community" charter of most girls clubs, they quickly devolved into middle school boy chasing, hair braiding and general cattiness. IIRC there was even some pimple popping for the bros, one of those special services icky girls are around to provide!

The secondary strategy was to vote out whomever the HOH hated that particular week.  The adolescent hatred was based on nothing more than who's feelings got hurt that week, and was quickly whipped into a frenzy of self-righteous indignation - how dare they? There was never any consideration of quality or lack of character (Frank, Paulie, Paul), never any consideration of long term threats (comp beast, intelligence).  The selection was almost always based on "he touched me,  she said mean things, he lied to/about me, she flirted with MY boyfriend (of mere weeks).  In particularly absurd cases the alleged flirtation had taken place weeks before, while everyone was supposedly still in sequester!  Even in these, the last days of the season, that strategy is running rampant.

The season was a long drawn out exercise in acne-ridden adolescent angst, with weekly visits to the guidance counselor's office where Ms Chen ruthlessly sent them off to detention for their offense of falling out of grace with the "cool" kids. Ms Chen was always on the side of  the "cool" kids.

I miss the strategy - a long term plan skillfully executed, and effective for more than a week or two.  I miss watching the ins and outs, the dance of events, the scrambling as circumstances changed.  I miss the cold-blooded manipulations of  Derrick, or Dan's crafty misting.  I miss the open-faced declarations of "I'm going to lie to you. I am lying to you, I will lie to you,"  that somehow took Dr. Will to the end. I still don't know how he did it or what his fellow HGs were thinking! 

I miss adult entertainment, and I don't mean sly surreptitious hand-jobs under the sheets.  I miss seeing thinking, scheming adults pitted against each other in a game of on-going strategy.  I miss seeing grown people who've lived enough of life to bring it into the game and use it on each other - something they, and I, can sink our teeth into.  Oh, I don't mind a few hot-bodies for desert, for eye-candy.  After all, the networks do have to pander.  And if the hot body happens to have gotten some brains in his/her DNA, and has the life experience to use them, so much the better. Unfortunately CBS, and every other network have gone completely overboard with the junk food, and we've all ended up with indigestion! I'm tired of living off of chips and cokes from the vending machines in the school lunch room. 

BB (and other reality shows) are caught in an endless time-warp of adolescence.  The most we can expect is a yearbook of "Most likely to....."s, which will be trotted out in every season to come. We're still getting vignettes of  senior couples and jocks from years past, long after anyone who has any brains in their own DNA even cares.  The most we can expect is an occasional drive by the old somehow outdated campus and a few "remember whens." 

Any chance of thought-provoking game play has been forever sucked into the Black Hole of Adolescence that so enthralls casting directors.   I suspect they're still trying to get in with the "cool kids" of their own school days.

Wow. Amazing post.

• Love 3

Skycatcher, I'd give you 1,000 likes for your post if I could!  What I'd give to see this game played like it started out. I'm so sick of watching adults acting like lovestruck teenagers and making stupid showmances more important than playing the game. It doesn't help when CBS makes showmances the focus of an entire episode. They've turned BB into a dating game show.

Oh what I'd give to see houseguests vote their conscience instead of 'voting with the house', not telling people ahead of time they're going home, and NOT laying in bed all freakin' day! Those are just a few of the changes that have turned Big Brother into a shit show.

Edited by parisprincess
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, parisprincess said:

I'm so sick of watching adults acting like lovestruck teenagers and making stupid showmances more important than playing the game. It doesn't help when CBS makes showmances the focus of an entire episode. They've turned BB into a dating game show.

AMEN! Some of the house guests even brought their stuffed animals!  Was this a competitive game or a televised slumber party?  No, don't bother. I already know the answer.  And..... I know for a fact, that I literally (!) lost brain cells whenever I saw a birthday party for a stuffed animal, or a grown man literally (!) living in a child's floaty toy.  Honestly? I'd give up on this show if it wasn't for the snark fest we enjoy here. 

I agree with all you posted.  Whether its' BB, Survivor or any of the various housewives shows, the Black Hole of Adolescence has swallowed them all.  I would say that TAR is the only show that actually challenges it's players, but they too tend to be somewhat childish in their interactions with each other. LOL - most of the time I just end up wanting to slap some sense into them. 

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 6

I haven't seen all of the seasons..in fact my first season was Maggie and Cappy.   I believe this was the Kaysar season too.  I was amazed at the strategy used and I still think about the competition where they all surrounded Maggie and her allies so she couldn't win veto.  I thought it was masterful.

Great post Skycatcher.  Your post outlined my search for a decent reality show to watch and I'm learning now that the networks only go for the looks/drama rather than some meaty strategizing.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, parisprincess said:

Skywatcher, I'd give you 1,000 likes for your post if I could!  What I'd give to see this game played like it started out. I'm so sick of watching adults acting like lovestruck teenagers and making stupid showmances more important than playing the game. It doesn't help when CBS makes showmances the focus of an entire episode. They've turned BB into a dating game show.

Oh what I'd give to see houseguests vote their conscience instead of 'voting with the house', not telling people ahead of time they're going home, and NOT laying in bed all freakin' day! Those are just a few of the changes that have turned Big Brother into a shit show.

In the earlier seasons the HGs had more to do and older ages of HGs was key.  There were food comps to win the weeks groceries.  This is a  small change (and there are more) but played a significant a part in the bigger picture.  The twists have diluted the game play.  

I would love to see a rule stating you may not inform the one to be evicted that they are going.  There are ways to get this across subtlety, of course, but a blindside could be chalked up to following the rules and maybe we would get more of them with less angst.  

We can blame Robyn Kass for this group.  Here is hoping next season with a new casting director will be better. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, wings707 said:

In the earlier seasons the HGs had more to do and older ages of HGs was key.  There were food comps to win the weeks groceries.  This is a  small change (and there are more) but played a significant a part in the bigger picture.  The twists have diluted the game play.  

I would love to see a rule stating you may not inform the one to be evicted that they are going.  There are ways to get this across subtlety, of course, but a blindside could be chalked up to following the rules and maybe we would get more of them with less angst.  

We can blame Robyn Kass for this group.  Here is hoping next season with a new casting director will be better. 

Anything happening on the live feeds the last 4 days? Been watching the past of this season.

Totally agree Wings.  I too miss the food comps.   I miss comps that actually challenged the players.  Lately what  we've gotten are challenges such as who can hold on the longest, or who can run around a square and count at the same time.  Oh, wow, that must have been hard!  Next we'll be treated to seeing who can walk and chew gum at the same time.  Sigh.....

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Totally agree Wings.  I too miss the food comps.   I miss comps that actually challenged the players.  Lately what  we've gotten are challenges such as who can hold on the longest, or who can run around a square and count at the same time.  Oh, wow, that must have been hard!  Next we'll be treated to seeing who can walk and chew gum at the same time.  Sigh.....

They all want healthy food choices, so why not give that to them, for cryin' out loud.  Rather than stocking the SR with frozen pizza and snack foods, give them foods that require prep time (with recipes), it would get them out of bed for longer stretches.  :^)   They would be happier as well and eliminate the weight gain the most complain about.   

In season one they had to buy their groceries with money allotted.  I don't like that idea but I remember when 3 of them were rewarded with a meal of their choice in the BY.  Two got surf and turf and Cassandra (?) got ribs, collard greens and a chocolate milk shake.  I cannot tell you the birth dates of my grandchildren.  The next day I went out and got ribs and a chocolate shake, it looked so good because she enjoyed it so much!   I digress. 

If they had to cook healthy food everyday a reward of catered food would be fun and something to work hard to win.  James would not throw that comp! 

Things have strayed too far from the original premise.  

TV shows do not look at SM for feedback because of the overwhelming number of haters and trolls.  I wish there was some way reasonable fans could tell them what is working, for them, and what isn't.   It is all about the ratings.  Well, of course we are going to watch no matter what drivel, you pinheads, we're addicted!  

• Love 5

First thing that needs to change is for the contestants to not be able to meet each other in casting and sequester. Too much happens before the airing of the show that we miss. No more vets either unless it's an all-star show. 

Also. I'd like a rule where houseguest cannot tell each other what their vote is going to be. If you're caught giving hand signals or something, you get a punishment. This would eliminate the boring "voting with the house" and floater strategy.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, wings707 said:

....... give them foods that require prep time (with recipes), it would get them out of bed for longer stretches.  :^)   They would be happier as well and eliminate the weight gain the most complain about. 

Things have strayed too far from the original premise.  

TV shows do not look at SM for feedback because of the overwhelming number of haters and trolls.  I wish there was some way reasonable fans could tell them what is working, for them, and what isn't.   It is all about the ratings.  Well, of course we are going to watch no matter what drivel, you pinheads, we're addicted!  

I vaguely remember them having to win various food groups.  That was good.  Most of the comps were of the crap-shoot variety, and  I'd get so excited when they were able to put together a decent menu. And weren't there "negative" foods, stuff like squid, etc.?  And whatever happened to "have nots" earning their have not status?  As far as I could see, this summer it was just the lowest scoring of the competitors, and sometimes didn't even merit a mention.

Agree that in their effort to be "new and improved", TPTB have strayed, and in doing so , have ruined the show.

I too wish there was a way to give TPTB serious feedback. Yes, we are going to watch, no matter what manure you shovel at us.  I'm not so addicted to the show as I am to this group.  I've never had the feeds, but  I'm going to be watching what's said here about BB:OTT before I sign up for any feeds.

• Love 2

She actually did a lot more than James ever did. She flipped alliances weekly within the past couple weeks and still convinced people she was loyal to them and kept herself from getting on the block. She played under the radar and quiet  won  comps to keep herself and Corey in power and kept them safe. 

James has been dragged to his spot because of other people. 

• Love 6
  1. Hands must stay above the covers at all times.
  2. Lights must remain on 24/7.
  3. No crunchy food allowed in the house.
  4. No eating outside of the kitchen.
  5. Each house guest will be assigned one plate, one fork and one spoon.  You must clean these promptly after each use.  Knives are prohibited, but you may 'earn' the use of a cup.  (Instructions to follow).
  6. Men must remain clean shaven.
  7. Tattoos must remain covered.
  8. No farting.  Should an accident occur you must immediately spray Febreeze then proceed to your room where you will write 500 times, "I will not fart in the Big Brother house."
  9. All makeup must be applied before the 10:00 AM deadline.
  10. No more than 20 brush strokes per head of hair.
  11. You will address Ms. Chen as "Ms. Chen, The All-Knowing And Magnificent Her Majesty."
  12. Your sleeping facility must be cleaned daily.  A BB staff member will make his rounds to bounce a quarter off your bed linens.
  13. Stuffed animals and similar props are strictly prohibited.  That includes speaking to inanimate objects.
  14. Swim wear must be from the depression era.
  15. The "No Silliness" policy goes into effect immediately upon entering the BB house.  This is a serious competition, DAMMIT--!!!!!  Now go out there and have some fun.
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

I vaguely remember them having to win various food groups.  That was good.  Most of the comps were of the crap-shoot variety, and  I'd get so excited when they were able to put together a decent menu. And weren't there "negative" foods, stuff like squid, etc.?  And whatever happened to "have nots" earning their have not status?  As far as I could see, this summer it was just the lowest scoring of the competitors, and sometimes didn't even merit a mention.

Agree that in their effort to be "new and improved", TPTB have strayed, and in doing so , have ruined the show.

I too wish there was a way to give TPTB serious feedback. Yes, we are going to watch, no matter what manure you shovel at us.  I'm not so addicted to the show as I am to this group.  I've never had the feeds, but  I'm going to be watching what's said here about BB:OTT before I sign up for any feeds.

I remember the food groups and winning beer, too.  It was fun to watch them feel deprived and then delight when they won chocolate or something they craved.  They have sucked the fun out of this game.

The majority of the comps are designed for athletes; I want more mental comps. 

• Love 4

I think people forget that alliances turn on each other all the time. I don't think Nicole had any intention of going out at #6 or #7, but she wasn't stupid enough to say that. And often, alliances (even bro alliances) start getting down to the core members plus one or two and that's when they start cannibalizing each other, teaming up with outside votes to take out alliance members. Nicole was actually in a good place to be a swing vote when that occurred.

Also, just because someone claims one thing to another house guest doesn't mean it's true, and not stating their reasons for doing something to themselves or someone else doesn't mean they don't have a plan. If I were in that house, I wouldn't be telling anyone my real thoughts even in a DR given the way production sometimes asks leading questions.

As to suggestions like "vote your conscience," that usually means a popularity vote rather than a strategy vote. Forbidding people from telling who they are voting for would simply ramp up the bullying aspect. Can't say who you're voting for? Make it obvious how despicable and horrible someone is and shun the hell out of them. And then the targets will have difficulty pulling a blindside because, hey, can't talk about who you're voting for.

I realize people don't like how BB has evolved, but some of it is simply because those strategies are effective. Casting a mix of people of varying ages and personalities, no vets, and changing the challenges instead of the same ones every year might make a huge difference. We should also probably consider that if you stuck a saint in a house with strangers and made them compete in a back-stabbing competition for 5,000 days (whatever, it feels that long), we wouldn't like them at the end either. Everyone turns into some sort of despicable creature under those circumstances.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, J.D. said:
  1. Hands must stay above the covers at all times.
  2. Lights must remain on 24/7.
  3. No crunchy food allowed in the house.
  4. No eating outside of the kitchen.
  5. Each house guest will be assigned one plate, one fork and one spoon.  You must clean these promptly after each use.  Knives are prohibited, but you may 'earn' the use of a cup.  (Instructions to follow).
  6. Men must remain clean shaven.
  7. Tattoos must remain covered.
  8. No farting.  Should an accident occur you must immediately spray Febreeze then proceed to your room where you will write 500 times, "I will not fart in the Big Brother house."
  9. All makeup must be applied before the 10:00 AM deadline.
  10. No more than 20 brush strokes per head of hair.
  11. You will address Ms. Chen as "Ms. Chen, The All-Knowing And Magnificent Her Majesty."
  12. Your sleeping facility must be cleaned daily.  A BB staff member will make his rounds to bounce a quarter off your bed linens.
  13. Stuffed animals and similar props are strictly prohibited.  That includes speaking to inanimate objects.
  14. Swim wear must be from the depression era.
  15. The "No Silliness" policy goes into effect immediately upon entering the BB house.  This is a serious competition, DAMMIT--!!!!!  Now go out there and have some fun.

You forgot one:  "Under no circumstances will you EVER touch Ms. Chen except when she offers to shake your hand upon being evicted.  Any other bodily contact is grounds for immediate expulsion from the studio and/or the loss of whatever stipend you have earned up until the time of your eviction."

• Love 3

I turn on the live feeds and Nicole and Paul are bashing James again. They each won their perspective comps to get to the 3rd comp. Good for them. There is no reason to trash James at all. You are each taking each other so let it go and be respectful to James these last few days. As far as I know James has never been disrespectful to anyone in the house. Just my opinion.

• Love 3

The last week of BB sucks for the viewers and the HG. The last broadcast show was really Wednesday. The 2nd comp was Saturday. I guess for a tv schedule it's good to stretch it out and air after Survivor but it isn't necessary for the HG to be in that house for a whole week for nothing. It's pure torture for....everyone. LOL!!!!!!

• Love 3
17 hours ago, bbaddict said:

Interesting. I would think she would want to attack Paul and his game play to get his possible votes. I think attacking James for saying why she belongs there and why she took Paul would only give votes to Paul. Her logic is not making sense here. Now if she used James as a spring board to get his votes makes more sense. Example: I didn't take James because he played such a great social game that I knew I could not beat him. That way if there were votes for James she may get them by showing James respect (whether she means it or not doesn't matter. Wouldn't that make more sense.

i really think part of this has to do with how all 3 handle pressure.

nicole handles it badly and needs someone to cling to, she also needs to convince herself that someone is bad before screwing them over. Thus she clings to Paul and decides James is a horrible human being. She is also stressing out and suddenly worrying how she is perceived and if she hurt Hayden

paul wants to really win this money and is trying to play all the angles. If he can convince nic that James is a horrible person and unworthy then she takes him. Plus if you saw him last night he has lots of nervous energy and is kind of bouncing off the walls  a bit. His mind will be constantly working all the angles till the end and stressing him out. He is so far from never cared!

then you have James who is calm and zen about it all. He may be worried about being in the final 2 but it doesn't show. This absolutely enrages them and call it cockiness and fill the need to express their frustration and attack.

but I don't think this calmness of James is due to being cocky, I think it is just a character trait. Maybe it is a defense mechanism he developed in his childhood in the foster care system where his fate was always in someone else's hands, just realizing not to stress over things he can not change, his fate is in Nicole and Paul's hands. I don't think there is a thing he can do at this point to change their mind one way or another.

Edited by Irishsecra
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Irishsecra said:

i really think part of this has to do with how all 3 handle pressure.

nicole handles it badly and needs someone to cling to, she also needs to convince herself that someone is bad before screwing them over. Thus she clings to Paul and decides James is a horrible human being. She is also stressing out and suddenly worrying how she is perceived and if she hurt Hayden

paul wants to really win this money and is trying to play all the angles. If he can convince nic that James is a horrible person and unworthy then she takes him. Plus if you saw him last night he has lots of nervous energy and is kind of bouncing off the walks a bit. His mind will be constantly working all the angles till the end and stressing him out. He is so far from never cared!

then you have James who is calm and zen about it all. He may be worried about being in the final 2 but it doesn't show. This absolutely enrages them and call it cockiness and fill the need to express their frustration and attack.

but I don't think this calmness of James is due to being cocky, I think it is just a character trait. Maybe it is a defense mechanism he developed in his childhood in the foster care system where his fate was always in someone else's hands, just realizing not to stress over things he can not change, his fate is in Nicole and Paul's hands. I don't think there is a thing he can do at this point to change their mind one way or another.

Agree. James is very level headed and is just taking everything as it comes.

• Love 1

Just listening to the feeds. Nicole practicing her f2 speech against James.

she says James biggest mistake was voting out Corey and keeping her because that is what Natalie wanted. Believes Natalie pulled his strings.

That james is too emotional of a player and doesn't deserve to win. In fact, he really doesn't deserve the 50k and wishes she hadn't taken him.

So, I guess she is taking James but I have to laugh that she says he plays too emotionally. Honestly, I don't see it unless she means he got along with everyone.

oh, and nic cut herself off from everyone as a strategy so she wouldn't have to back stab a true friend. She only trusted Corey.

she says her biggest move was convincing nat and Meech to betray Paul and victor in their HOH. I completely agree with that.

Edited by Irishsecra