Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, wings707 said:

When I post my irritation with Natalie. it doesn't mean I hate her.  I have been more annoyed this past week.  'Familiarity breeds contempt' is in play with me.  :^)  I don't feel contempt, just using the adage for verbal short hand.   Things I was able to ignore are playing again and louder.  I don't hate her.  

Of course! There are cases where I totally get the irritation! I understand this week, which is why I haven't turned the feeds on, even as a strong Natalie fan! For me, it's just the people that have called Natalie fake, and people who have said that Natalie is leading James on and poor James and all that. I just feel like in these situations, I must be missing something, like information that shows how Natalie's being fake nice and how she's leading James on. 

As for my suspicions, it's more to do with before this week, there seemed to be less talk about the criticism (that's actually a pretty good word for it on here; but it's hate for other sites like Twitter) about Natalie. I know the Zak/Zaulie fans online were claiming that Natalie is fake, that Paulie's right, that she's not a genuine person, that's she's totally mean and how she's been sleeping and being a bad gameplayer before jury, etc. But this week, I've seen a LOT more people echoing these thoughts, so I just wonder if this has been the general consensus all this time and I've missed it, or if there's a specific reason why it's coming up now (which is obviously Natalie winning HOH and then choosing to target Paul). 

It has less to do with the Natalie hate but the reasons behind it coming up this week, in particular. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

For me, it's just the people that have called Natalie fake, and people who have said that Natalie is leading James on and poor James and all that. I just feel like in these situations, I must be missing something, like information that shows how Natalie's being fake nice and how she's leading James on. 

That might have stemmed from this.  James: do you love me?  Nat: silence.  James: Do you like me?  Nat: yes.  Some posters take something and run with it.  Let them! 

30 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I know the Zak/Zaulie fans online were claiming that Natalie is fake, that Paulie's right, that she's not a genuine person, that's she's totally mean and how she's been sleeping and being a bad gameplayer before jury, etc. But this week, I've seen a LOT more people echoing these thoughts

Dismiss Z and P fans, probably trolls.  Ignore them. 

Nothing has happened to suddenly create this other than what I mentioned.  Being HOH has put a spotlight on her flaws.    The defense of 'everyone has flaws' holds no water.  Ignore them and don't defend her to someone who hates her,  that only creates an argument that cannot be won.   Post what you love about her, it will make you feel better.  And post what bugs you too.   The extreme posts on either side, rabid fan or haters, lack credibility.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

I feel like everyone here is a lot more level headed than other places I read... which either means you guys are just awesome level headed people or you just agree with how I think about this season - so kudos either way! haha

I normally have extreme favorites and people I really hate.  This year not so much so it's really weird for me to be middle of the road with everyone.  It's exciting for me that there's a good chance someone I like in the house will be the winner - which rarely happens!

I would be more than thrilled if Natalie made it to F2 or even won.  I can see how people would find her annoying.  She's even stated that she gets a lot of hate in real life for the way she is.  I don't know why she feels the need to constantly brag about herself but I still find her a genuine person no matter how annoying it gets. 

Just please please GOD, do not let Nicole or Corey get to F2.  It's all I ask.

• Love 11

Paul has been up and talking to the cameras for like the past 6 hours.  He was in the safari room for awhile.  Now he's cooking something with a lot of spices. 

Michelle just came down and grabbed her bathroom basket from the kitchen table without a word to Paul and went into the bathroom.

8 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I feel like everyone here is a lot more level headed than other places I read... which either means you guys are just awesome level headed people or you just agree with how I think about this season - so kudos either way

Group hug!

9 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I was thinking through scenarios at one point, and I realized that if Nicole somehow makes it to F2 and then wins this, I'm going to have to say she earned the money. Why? Because she'll essentially have pulled off something that I see as nearly impossible in getting there and convincing the jury to give her the money. Mind. Boggled. That said... Just not seeing it happening. Thank God.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Is Michelle mad at Paul? She's been walking by him for the past 15-20 min and I don't think they've said a word to each other

Yes and I forget why.  Something stupid.  It hit the trash bin in my brain.

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

LOL - I thought that after all this time they'd just run out of things to say.  I know that wouldn't slow Paul down; he'd just recycle everything he's ever said. I've seen him do it over and over again.  But since she wasn't talking......... ya know?

Hell, Meech and Nat now hate Paul because he lied over French Fries.  I don't know what it was all about.  It's all part of showing him that they wanted him out and he was a spoil sport to go ahead and win the Veto.

Don't like Paul that much myself, but this is getting ridiculous.  I guess now that they're in the HOH, no one should ruin the scenario they had created.  

• Love 2

I've only had one bone to pick with Natalie during her HoH reign (and it's not something that is anywhere near solely Natalie-centric in the entire BB context, but it is this week); her entrance into the realm of target rationalization, or - if you prefer - target justification.

When I use this term "target rationalization/justification", I'm using it as a very context-specific label - the primary context being elimination-based reality shows, although it could definitely apply to political election campaigns as well.  :)  What I'm describing is the process in which one person judges another to be a strategic adversary; instead of challenging their adversary directly on a strategic basis, however they develop a "reason" - based either in fact, past action or imagination - which rationalizes or justifies labeling this adversary as a morally "bad" person, and therefore deserving of adversarial campaigning and/or action by the "good" people.

To use the current situation as an example: Natalie has won HoH this week, but her primary target for eviction - Paulie - just walked out the door, so Natalie is casting about for eviction nomination candidates.  The strongest strategic bloc currently in the House is the Victor/Paul alliance, which (a) is relatively friendly with everybody currently remaining in the House and (b) between the two of them has the best proven track record at winning comps.  This also makes them the biggest gonna-beat-me strategic threat to everybody in the House not named Victor or Paul, so Natalie - quite rationally - judges them her best targets for the week.  Now, the eviction of one of the Victor/Paul alliance should be an easy sell to the other HGs based solely on its strategic aspect alone; Natalie, however, casts around until she can find a reason to villify Victor and/or Paul for additional moral justification, and finally comes up with the FakeTits Evolution Saga, the Horrific Thigh-Touching Incident, and the French Fry Fiasco of 2016.

To be clear - target rationalization has always been a part of BB, to some degree; since around/about (acck phfft) BB15, however, its use has exploded to the point TR/TJ-based demonization of a target seems to be treated as a required necessary component of every nomination/eviction target.  I fully recognize HGs are open to use whatever tools are at hand to advance their game; unless the target themselves has previously demonstrated repeated attempts/outbursts of morality/character-based attacks on other HGs*, however, I find this particular form of character assassination distasteful in the extreme - and I am saddened Natalie has sunk to its level.  IMHO such would not normally be in character for Natalie; as Natalie has stated repeatedly, however, she's been learning this game on-the-go all season - and in this respect, I guess she learned Paulie's lessons well.  :(

* HELLO PAULIE!!!

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Nashville said:

TR/TJ-based demonization of a target seems to be treated as a required necessary component of every nomination/eviction target. 

I've seen this too, although not as concisely as you have presented.  I wonder how much of it comes from the DR interviews, where the HGs actions and choices are (not so)  subtly guided.

6 minutes ago, gunderda said:

So basically Nicole and Corey are now sitting pretty in the house of all these idiots. FREAKING GREAT.

Paul is acting BFF with them right now.

I think you mean FRICKIN' GREAT. 

I can't believe that Nicole has gone on and on about Corey being the perfect man and now she thinks he's an All-Star worthy player. She definitely thinks he's loved by the Big Brother viewers. Are his eyes that much more sparkly in real life to make her so delusional about him? 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Boilergal said:

Apparently the only person Nicole is beating in this game is Corey

I get home from work and this ^^^^ is the first post I read.  Hilarious.  :D

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yep, just like every other season. No one is immune from being horrible at times. Hell even Donny had his moments!

Yeah!   I remember that time Donny ate TWO pop tarts instead of one.  :P

(Now, don't nobody get in a tizzy.  You know I'm only joking.  Donny was as pure as they come).  

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, J.D. said:

Apparently, Meech must have done something awful that I missed....at least on Jokers.  She went from 4th, to 8th to 11th in just 3 days.  YIKES~!!!

Nominated Paul? Her popularity was primarily for being anti-Paulie. Now she's seen as anti-Paul/Victor, hence the plummet.

Edited by simplyme
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Sayla Vee said:

Hell, Meech and Nat now hate Paul because he lied over French Fries.  I don't know what it was all about.  It's all part of showing him that they wanted him out and he was a spoil sport to go ahead and win the Veto.

Don't like Paul that much myself, but this is getting ridiculous.  I guess now that they're in the HOH, no one should ruin the scenario they had created.  

Oh, for crying out loud -- are you serious!?!?!?  They're STILL whiny over the french fry thing????   WOW -- That IS getting ridiculous.  *smh*

6 minutes ago, J.D. said:

Oh, for crying out loud -- are you serious!?!?!?  They're STILL whiny over the french fry thing????   WOW -- That IS getting ridiculous.  *smh*

do tell what happened

• Love 2
20 hours ago, zibnchy said:

My dislike for Paulie has reached Amanda (BB15) and Mike Booger levels. Oh so much loathing and disgust. I cannot stand to watch them.

As a contrast, I merely think Corey is bland and likely a bigot, but I imagine he's sweet to his grandma, and I could find uses for his height (getting things off high shelves, replacing lightbulbs). He should just not talk.

.... or torture animals.   I know there's a floating theory that Corey made up the goat story, but I'm not sure that's much better.   

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Nashville said:

To be clear - target rationalization has always been a part of BB, to some degree; since around/about (acck phfft) BB15, however, its use has exploded to the point TR/TJ-based demonization of a target seems to be treated as a required necessary component of every nomination/eviction target.  I fully recognize HGs are open to use whatever tools are at hand to advance their game; unless the target themselves has previously demonstrated repeated attempts/outbursts of morality/character-based attacks on other HGs*, however, I find this particular form of character assassination distasteful in the extreme - and I am saddened Natalie has sunk to its level.  IMHO such would not normally be in character for Natalie; as Natalie has stated repeatedly, however, she's been learning this game on-the-go all season - and in this respect, I guess she learned Paulie's lessons well.  :(

* HELLO PAULIE!!!

Perfectly said.  I finally got semi-caught up (and thanks to those who answered me yesterday as to why Nat took such a nose dive in popularity). I Love Nat playing the game, but I agree that I find this need for REASONS a bit ridiculous . Just be truthful (and butter the noms up at the same time), by saying they are on the block because they are strong competitors. Done. I loved Vanessa, but she drove me crazy with all that.

And for the using James or not...using that strategy has never been my favorite, but if she is? She doesn't talk crap about James behind his back, she's respectful towards him, etc. They obviously have a nice friendship going at the very least. It's nice to see.

I'm sad that Vic may leave, but I'm more sad that Nic/Corey aren't in danger. But that's my selfish desire to see Nic and Corey on the block together lol. If Nic wins this season.....BAH! Fuck you, Nicole. And fuck you, Corey, because that doesn't get said nearly often enough.

Still rooting for her, and even Vic if he comes back, or kind of for Paul. But I think I'm mostly rooting against Nic/Corey more than anything.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, J.D. said:

What was the french fry "thing?" 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

.... or torture animals.   I know there's a floating theory that Corey made up the goat story, but I'm not sure that's much better.   

What is the goat story?

Just now, TheRealT said:

What is the goat story?

I didn't witness it but it's been mentioned here a lot.   Early in the season Corey told a story of he and his friends dousing a goat with lighter fluid and almost setting it on fire.  Apparently he laughed as he described the poor thing trembling in fear.  Since then - Corey has been dead to me.  No empathy equates to budding sociopath, IMO. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

What is the goat story?

He and his fraternity brothers purchased a goat  and put it in their neighbors yard, they were going to light it on fire.   They got as far as dousing it in lighter fluid.    He laughed as he told the story.   Despicable 

In other news..

Paul - You can just say you're putting me up because I'm a strong player. Doesn't have to say something about being an atheist.

YES!!

Paul telling Nicole about his morning talk to live-feeders. Wonders if there are even any live-feeders left

Bwahahaha

Edited by brdwygurl
  • Love 9

Yeah, whether Corey made up the story or not (WHY?), who laughs while describing something like that? Bizarre and disturbing. I remember at least Paul asking why someone would ever do that.

• Love 7

So - I'm catching up on Joker's, and run across this tidbit:

Wed 12:33 AM BBT Natalie and James had a long talk about their relationship. - Dolffie

The cliff notes version:

Early on, James fed Natalie little bits of info waiting for it to come back and when it didn't, he fed her more little nuggets of info. He was in an all-guys alliance.

She was in an all-girls alliance and wasn't going to blow up his game by leaking info because she knew he was keeping her safe.

She knew the guys wanted to ditch her to bring James closer to them.

He really hurt her feelings Day 34 and she will always remember that day. But she developed a best-friend alliance with him.

Convo was finished when Victor then Meech came Into the HOH room.

My initial reaction was, I expect, predictable: when exactly was Day 34, and WTF happened? 

So I went digging back - Day 34 was July 18, btw - and found this horrendous depiction of broken trust:

On 7/18/2016 at 6:19 PM, Callaphera said:

Natalie and James are talking in the backyard and it's all sorts of awkward and tense. Apparently she offered to make him breakfast this morning and he told her that he was a grown man and could make his own. And there was something about Michelle asking him for cuddles when he was wandering by in his underwear. 

So. Awkward.

Well, THAT was underwhelming.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, gunderda said:

do tell what happened

Paul said he didn't know how to cook.  He made french fries and they were good.  So obviously, he's hiding many secrets.  The End.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, J.D. said:

Paul said he didn't know how to cook.  He made french fries and they were good.  So obviously, he's hiding many secrets.  The End.

Are we talking he fried the Ore-Ida prepared French fries or cut his own potatoes?  I'm not much of a cook and do both rather easily. 

• Love 1

Corey and his vacant stare remind me of a very young Christopher Walken as Duane, Diane Keaton's character's brother in Annie Hall. And Duane was, shall we say, a tad disturbed. Tee hee.

• Love 3

It reminds me of the Spy Girls love fests where they'd make up secrets that the other HGs had to be hiding.

We were all so innocent then.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, J.D. said:

ohhhhhh yea i did read about that lol 

I really suck at making homemade fries (I've tried many times) so I might be skeptical as well lol 

1 minute ago, RedheadZombie said:

Are we talking he fried the Ore-Ida prepared French fries or cut his own potatoes?  I'm not much of a cook and do both rather easily. 

I really couldn't tell you because it was such a minute event.  I can't believe it's still bothering some of the HGs.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, J.D. said:

THAT'S the fry lie? You've got to be kidding me. Seems to me the extent of his cooking talent involves experimenting with different ingredients and hoping the end result doesn't taste like garbage. What a culinary genius!

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Pretty sure he cuts his own potatoes. From what I have ready he fries them.  Silly me I try to be somewhat healthy and bake them lol

• Love 1
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

Add James and I agree. And I wouldn't want Paulie or Z to win either. But anyone else and whatever. 

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

I've only had one bone to pick with Natalie during her HoH reign (and it's not something that is anywhere near solely Natalie-centric in the entire BB context, but it is this week); her entrance into the realm of target rationalization, or - if you prefer - target justification.

This whole post was brilliant. You really covered that whole phenomenon very well. I hate it so much. Weirdly though, Vanessa and Derrick very heavily employed this strategy and they are thought of by many (not including myself lol) as among the greatest players ever. I guess maybe it's because it was more clear when they did it that it was a manipulation tactic. Whatever, it sucks always and I wish it didn't plague nearly every player in every season nowadays.

1 hour ago, J.D. said:

Yeah!   I remember that time Donny ate TWO pop tarts instead of one.  :P

(Now, don't nobody get in a tizzy.  You know I'm only joking.  Donny was as pure as they come).  

I was thinking more along the lines of when Donny joined in on the "Amber is a temptress who's playing Caleb" talk. He actually called her Jezebel once. So literally no one is immune from saying or doing problematic things. 

Nicole was telling Corey and Paulie about her season. She was saying how awesome it was because it was 'like summer camp.' I just literally can not with this girl. Like props to these people for being able to live with her for months and not slap her.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Marie80 said:

There are some rabid Anti-Natters there.

I'm amused by the term "Anti-Natter" and thus have to ask: 

What happens if a Natter and an Anti-Natter collide?

Also, Paul's secret culinary excellence, as revealed by fries? Crying. Just crying here.

• Love 5

Just a couple of small things I need to get off my chest:

1. Certainly Nat is an adult woman but, at the end of the day, she is very young. Give her a break.

2. Corey is a generically and blandly handsome type thing but he would probably be much handsomer if he'd get a REAL HAIRCUT and not one that makes him look like a (frickin) 4 year old.

Also I spent the day today with an actual 4 year old who is already more articulate  than Corey.

• Love 8

So I guess I'm to assume that after months of Meg making it crystal clear that she didn't want James after the show she decided to play him. I don't buy it. Also he conveniently failed to mention that, in retaliation for whatever it is he believes Meg did to him, he outted on Twitter that her and Survivor WA Mike were dating which they were trying to keep quiet about.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Whatever, it sucks always and I wish it didn't plague nearly every player in every season nowadays.

You and me both.  Kinda ironic to me that what *I* find morally repugnant, are the attempts to depict someone else as morally repugnant.

I was thinking more along the lines of when Donny joined in on the "Amber is a temptress who's playing Caleb" talk. He actually called her Jezebel once. So literally no one is immune from not saying or doing problematic things.

Absolute agreement.  I'm relatively certain that if any of us were mic'ed for sound 24/7, every day we'd say at least one thing in total innocence that some stranger would construe as worthy of nailing our hide to the side of the nearest barn.

20 minutes ago, simplyme said:

I'm amused by the term "Anti-Natter" and thus have to ask: 

What happens if a Natter and an Anti-Natter collide?

Dunno, but the results would be... energetic.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Marie80 said:

THAT'S the fry lie? You've got to be kidding me. Seems to me the extent of his cooking talent involves experimenting with different ingredients and hoping the end result doesn't taste like garbage. What a culinary genius!

Maybe they voted for Duh-bya; if you recall, cooking French fries was considered tantamount to sedition during his administration . 

FREEDOM FRIES FOREVER!!!

:P

• Love 7