Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

It still confuses me and cracks me up that the Z/Paulie relationship gets no airtime on the show. It's just so bizarre.

I don't think a black female contestant has ever been in a showmance (willingly, not like Amber being the target of Caleb's "affections"). I think it would it would be interesting to see how much of the audience would ship them and make up cute couple names and tribute videos on YouTube.  Seems like some of you have the inside scoop on producers being influenced not to showcase the Z/Paulie - Zaulie(?) pairing on the network show. Hmmm. And someone else mentioned that Paulie talked about hating hair extensions, well...pretty sure Z's rocking some type of sew-in. Wait 'til he runs his hands through her weave and feels those tracks lol.

• Love 2

Someone refresh me on the tea cup challenge.  They spin in cup until dizzy then have to do something that involves running to another part of the challenge.  What is it that they do while dizzy?   

They have blocked us on all HOH comps that run over, this season,  so this week will be no different.  This is really annoying.  That is the most fun part of having the feeds!   

Edited by wings707

Using Occam's razor,  Paulie and Z probably haven't given them anything relevant or interesting to air in the 44 mins of air time they  have.  I certainly haven't seen anything much.  They keep their distance most of the time.  

How do you know they've blocked us on all HOH comps?  The reason we were blocked on the last endurance was due to the Buyback twist.  They didn't want to spoil Vic.

The other HOH comp we missed was the same kind of quick, athletic comp we missed last year as well.  We saw the actual endurance comps last year.

And no, there is no spinning in Teacups during the Teacup endurance comp.

Edited by Katesus7
4 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

How do you know they've blocked us on all HOH comps?  The reason we were blocked on the last endurance was due to the Buyback twist.  They didn't want to spoil Vic.

The other HOH comp we missed was the same kind of quick, athletic comp we missed last year as well.  We saw the actual endurance cups last year.

I am talking about this season.  This last one with the balls down the lanes and the cherry one.   The others finished in time.  I don't think we saw the coconut and flag grabbing early on either. 

Edited by wings707
2 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Again, those aren't endurance comps.

They were comps that ran over time that we did not get to see.  I didn't say only endurance. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I call the teacup one the fish bowl comp - because they have to fill the big fishbowl type of thing to get the ping pong ball.

That's my favorite and I hope that's this week!!!

We generally don't get to see the comps that they think will only last an hour.  It happened last season too.  Like the eggs with chicken wire comp - there was a season where we didn't get to watch that one.  Last year we did get to watch it though because I think it was more difficult and expected to last longer.

The two non-endurance/kinda endurance ones we weren't allowed to watch this year were both done in about an hour.  

I have faith that we'll get to see the next actual endurance comp.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Rina99 said:

I think there was something like this during BB4, with Alison and Jun.

I have a vague memory of this but who knows where it comes from.   I get it now that it is carrying a leaky tea cup to fill a vessel.  

there was an actual teacup i think as a prop in one comp last season or the previous one.  One of the tie-breaker questions on an HOH comp was how many gallons would it take to fill it and i think it was a trick question because of the opening so you can't fill it all the way to the top.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

They can't deny someone a prescribed medication. They can not cast someone who is on one and claim it's for other reasons but I can't see BB outright telling Corey that he can't have his meds. It's possible there was a prescription error or maybe he's not on a prescription at all and gets it from another source. Or he could just be talking shit and decided not to take it while in the house. 

I think I read in updates somewhere that he said he took it, but not all the time so Big Brother thought it'd be an unfair advantage. It's possible he only took it before games or something since he was a baseball player - maybe he needs it more often but doesn't have a prescription?

Nicole is the most whiney, nagging non-girlfriend with Corey, though. She was so over the top worried last time he was on slop and didn't feel well (I remember the appendix being mentioned by someone). She can't understand when the women won't make the food (Z said she wasn't cooking for Paulie and Nicole told Michelle how wrong this was - "They can't take care of themselves!"). And she doesn't know anything about his prescriptions even if she is a nurse. Blech. Nicole.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

The other HOH comp we missed was the same kind of quick, athletic comp we missed last year as well.  We saw the actual endurance comps last year.

I don't know they've blocked us on all endurance comps. I doubt they would. I'm just saying, if there's some lame twist that makes them block the feeds so I can't see people fall on their asses, I'm not going to be happy about it. 

• Love 1

Sorry, Callaphera, that was meant as a response to wings707.  I gotcha, I'll be pissed too.

I think if it's the sliding/filling out the big bowl comp, that plays to Paulie and Corey's strengths, right?  Although Corey might get distracted by all the pretty colors and go wandering around the yard.  I can't deal with another Bro as HOH next week; I just can't. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Sorry, Callaphera, that was meant as a response to wings707.  I gotcha, I'll be pissed too.

I think if it's the sliding/filling out the big bowl comp, that plays to Paulie and Corey's strengths, right?  Although Corey might get distracted by all the pretty colors and go wandering around the yard.  I can't deal with another Bro as HOH next week; I just can't. 

Yeah, I think so. A guy always wins that one, right? Natalie might be good at not falling, but probably wouldn't be fast enough.

1 minute ago, mooses said:

Yeah, I think so. A guy always wins that one, right? Natalie might be good at not falling, but probably wouldn't be fast enough.

I remember Amanda fearing falling on her implants and bursting one.  Natalie may have that same protective response.  I can see Victor taking this one with a strong lead.  The girls don't stand a chance, not this crew!  

1 minute ago, Katesus7 said:

I can't deal with another Bro as HOH next week; I just can't. 

But is there anyone who wouldn't carry out the DoucheBro agenda? They can't evict themselves, so someone else winning HOH might change up the boot order, but that's it. I think everyone would go after one or more of the women. A couple of people might think about putting Peepee up (what I'd love to see), but I think they'd all chicken out before they pulled the trigger.  Maybe someone would put Vic up, but even that seems like a long shot to me because I think Polly would squash it since there are several people he wants out before Vic (everyone without a penis except maybe Bridgette).

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Since Natalie's a cheerleader, she could potentially do well in the sliding/filling the bowl comp.   Cheerleaders have to do some pretty complicated balancing routines.

I think Bridgette might have a shot, if she's still around. She seems pretty athletic. But yeah, I think it's always been a guy who wins. Still, if I get to see Paulie fall flat on his face, all the better. 

There is no hope for this season to play out other than what we think and see.  I cannot even imagine what AG could do to change it.  Huge train careening down a mountain with no brakes.  

We have Jeff.  What is going on now? 

Which is not all that different from last year.... we saw Vanessa stream rolling the entire house and there was nothing to do to stop it - but thankfully she was booted at the very end.

• Love 2

Becky won this comp.  Wasn't that the same week her nominations won the Battle of the Block, and she ended up being back doored?  Yeah, as bad as these people are, at least there's no Battle of the Block.  Can you IMAGINE the strategy involving that this year?

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Which is not all that different from last year.... we saw Vanessa stream rolling the entire house and there was nothing to do to stop it - but thankfully she was booted at the very end.

The thing is, Paul would be the Steve this year and Paul winning is just as horrifying as Polly (this year's Vanessa) winning to me. I could see Paul having the gumption to cut Polly if he got the chance (or vice versa), but I can't see anyone else going after Polly. I think several people would go after Paul if they had Polly's blessing, but that would still lead to a Polly win.

Edited by TheRealT
8 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Becky won this comp.  Wasn't that the same week her nominations won the Battle of the Block, and she ended up being back doored?  Yeah, as bad as these people are, at least there's no Battle of the Block.  Can you IMAGINE the strategy involving that this year?

Oh, Becky. Then I think Corey has the edge - tall, athletic.

9 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I thought last year was exciting for the most part. There was always the James factor, and Austin walking out barefoot was great. Vanessa regrouping with Johnny Mac was a refreshing change. But that's just me! I obviously didn't hate Vanessa, so that's why I could stand it - if you didn't like her, it was definitely a painful season. I actually thought the biggest letdown was Steve winning because I didn't particularly like him and thought he was given too much credit. But that's neither here nor there.

I could see this ending up like last year, though. If Paulie/Paul continue to steam roll but don't win, everyone will remember them over the winner.

Edited by mooses
8 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

I never want to hear those words again.  The teams didn't help anyone or make this more interesting, either.  

1 hour ago, Negritude said:

I don't think a black female contestant has ever been in a showmance (willingly, not like Amber being the target of Caleb's "affections"). I think it would it would be interesting to see how much of the audience would ship them and make up cute couple names and tribute videos on YouTube.

Z/Paulie actually have a an online fanbase, which makes it even stranger that they have not shown them at all on the show.

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Using Occam's razor,  Paulie and Z probably haven't given them anything relevant or interesting to air in the 44 mins of air time they  have.  I certainly haven't seen anything much.  They keep their distance most of the time.  

I don't agree. They've had like 3 pretty major fights and have possibly had sex. They're a pretty big part of this season and it's really weird they're not showing them.

58 minutes ago, gunderda said:

there was an actual teacup i think as a prop in one comp last season or the previous one.  One of the tie-breaker questions on an HOH comp was how many gallons would it take to fill it and i think it was a trick question because of the opening so you can't fill it all the way to the top.

Was this in BB8? I feel like I remember Jen winning a HOH by guessing the closest number in the tie breaker and everyone being [Paul]PISSED[/Paul] that she got it right because she was just so stupid according to them.

56 minutes ago, mooses said:

She can't understand when the women won't make the food (Z said she wasn't cooking for Paulie and Nicole told Michelle how wrong this was - "They can't take care of themselves!").

No. Please tell me this is not true. Nicole is such a fucking waste of space.

37 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

I think if it's the sliding/filling out the big bowl comp, that plays to Paulie and Corey's strengths, right?

Definitely. I would be shocked if one of those two or Victor didn't win. So, yea, this week's HOH will definitely be that comp because everything this season is horrible in every way.

29 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

But is there anyone who wouldn't carry out the DoucheBro agenda?

True, but I literally can not take another male HOH. I can't do it! 

I'm gonna pray for a Michelle HOH since she's literally the only person who might not let Paulie run it. I mean lbr she probably will let him run it, but there's the small glimmer of hope with her that there isn't with any other HG.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm gonna pray for a Michelle HOH since she's literally the only person who might not let Paulie run it. I mean lbr she probably will let him run it, but there's the small glimmer of hope with her that there isn't with any other HG.

God. We're reduced to hoping Michelle wins to shake things up and that's a maybe at best? I say burn the house to the ground and start again from the beginning. Can we get those mock HGs in?

• Love 12

I can't even think of who I'd want to win the "cancel 2 votes." Da'Vonne, maybe, but she's a goner. James would keep the Boys. I'm thinking Bridgette because I think she'd use them to help Natalie if it came down to it.

Edited by mooses
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Z/Paulie actually have a an online fanbase, which makes it even stranger that they have not shown them at all on the show.

Well then...without people here posting about producer influence my mind would go to the obvious place of them being an interracial couple, but Ollie and April's showmance was a focal point of their season so <shrug>. Sounds like Z's being used and Paulie doesn't seem to have a genuine interest in her so maybe it's for the best that the show downplays their relationship to the CBS only viewers.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, mooses said:

I can't even think of who I'd want to win the "cancel 2 votes." Da'Vonne, maybe, but she's a goner. James would keep the Boys. I'm thinking Bridgette because I think she'd use them to help Natalie if it came down to it.

I think Bridgete would have to put some of the guys up. Day may be gone. She likes Natalie and I don't think she has a real beef with Z. And, then there is Michelle. Yup! Michelle will be put up against a guy and be sent home. Drats! Plan is foiled again. LOL!!!

Unfortunately Michele has one focus and that is to get Bridget out.  Should she get HOH and the care package there would be no votes to negate because everyone but Natalie would vote her out.  

2 minutes ago, Negritude said:

Well then...without people here posting about producer influence my mind would go to the obvious place of them being an interracial couple, but Ollie and April's showmance was a focal point of their season so <shrug>. Sounds like Z's being used and Paulie doesn't seem to have a genuine interest in her so maybe it's for the best that the show downplays their relationship to the CBS only viewers.

I would like to think production is doing this to save Z any embarrassment but that is a stretch. 

Paulie is Bridget's new Frank.  She would put Michele and Nicole up.  

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I think Bridgette might have a shot, if she's still around. She seems pretty athletic. But yeah, I think it's always been a guy who wins. Still, if I get to see Paulie fall flat on his face, all the better. 

But she's got that bum knee on one side and a bum ankle on the other.  Poor Bridgette, if she does survive eviction and it's the Crisco sliding/filling a bowl challenge, then I feel sorry for her.  YIKES!

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, J.D. said:

But she's got that bum knee on one side and a bum ankle on the other.  Poor Bridgette, if she does survive eviction and it's the Crisco sliding/filling a bowl challenge, then I feel sorry for her.  YIKES!

I completely forgot about that. Well, scratch that. Paulie will win tea cups.

I also really do not get Paulie/Z not getting airtime. They're two pretty people who have quite a bit of drama surrounding them. That's what Big Brother's dreams are made of. The only thing I could think is it'd tarnish Paulie's edit to show he's playing her hard - he always wanted to be surrounded by Bros in the end, so it was a huge possibility he would betray her. Maybe they didn't want it to look like he was using her? 

I don't remember - did they show how scummy Mike Boogie was with Erika?

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Be careful what you pray for, because mean girl Michelle will put up Bridget and Natalie - out of petty jealousy.  And Natalie will end up the casualty,  since the guys will be more apt to save Bridget.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I would like to think production is doing this to save Z any embarrassment but that is a stretch. 

Let's not forget her unsanitary-Napkin escapade.....that alone turned me off to her.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, mooses said:

I also really do not get Paulie/Z not getting airtime. They're two pretty people who have quite a bit of drama surrounding them. That's what Big Brother's dreams are made of. The only thing I could think is it'd tarnish Paulie's edit to show he's playing her hard - he always wanted to be surrounded by Bros in the end, so it was a huge possibility he would betray her. Maybe they didn't want it to look like he was using her? 

Add me to the list that doesn't get why CBS is ignoring Paulie & Z as they come with everything in a trainwreck showmance:

flirting, jealousy (on both parts), insecurity, fights, make up cuddle sessions, more fights and now bumper car sex.  

• Love 4

The only remotely interesting thing on the feeds last night was Bridgette's revelation that she suffered from severe acne from seventh grade until just after college. Natalie's rosacea? Not so much.

Edited by TimWil
10 minutes ago, mooses said:

Yeah, they showed it.  If I remember correctly, there was a pretty big viewer backlash over it too.  Maybe they don't want their winner tainted by a similar backlash?

• Love 1

I wonder if Natalie was cast in mind for Paulie's "love interest" this season??? 

Since I still have the feeds, I can flashback to all the craziness surrounding Z & Paulie as its actually kinda amazing to watch a grown woman act like she's back in high school and a guy who was TOLD by his beloved brother Cody and his mentor Derrick NOT to have a showmance and what has he done---the direct opposite.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1
Just now, CindyBee said:

I wonder if Natalie was cast in mind for Paulie's "love interest" this season??? 

Since I still have the feeds, I can flashback to all the craziness surrounding Z & Paulie as its actually kinda amazing to watch a grown woman act like she's back in high school and a guy who was TOLD by his beloved brother Cody and his mentor Derrick NOT to have a showmance and what has he done---the direct opposite. 

I can't believe that Production didn't know Natalie/Paulie knew each other a bit. Especially because they worked for the same company (apparently that's how they knew each other?) and kind of ran in the same circles because of it - you'd think Big Brother would have their employment history. Otherwise, it's a really big coincidence that, out of all the people who applied, they choose two who are acquainted. 

• Love 1

James talking to Paul/Nicole/Corey about Bridgette being dangerous to keep. They all have too much dirt - Paul/James put her up, Nicole/Corey think Frank got in her ear.

But then James says Da'Vonne would definitely, definitely, definitely putting those 3 on the block if she wins HOH. He's just trying set up Bridgette as the target next week. Good luck with that, James. How'd that work for you this week? 

ETA: Nicole wants to know if they're blindsiding Da'Vonne, and Michelle/Z also (I guess she doesn't know they know). Paul said they're blindsiding all three of them. Da'Vonne opens the door and looks in while they're talking, walks away. Nicole says she doesn't like Da'Vonne making her feel like she's doing something wrong. James says, "We are. We're talking about evicting her."

Nicole says she wants to blindside them so they're confused for the HOH competition. Why wouldn't she want Michelle/Z not to win HOH? She'd probably be safe.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mooses said:

I know.  It's a shame because America's Care Package is actually a very good and well thought-out idea for a twist.  I like how they made it so that each houseguest can only get one care package.  On another season, this twist would have been exciting and potentially game-changing.   In this season of suck, it's just going to go to waste.

• Love 9

Da'Vonne comes in and they tell her they were talking about the Double Eviction.

Da'Vonne: "So what'd you all come up with?"

Silence

Then James says Bridgette and Victor if they don't win. Da'Vonne is like - um, Bridgette can't win if she's going home. Ha!

Edited by mooses
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, me5671 said:

I know.  It's a shame because America's Care Package is actually a very good and well thought-out idea for a twist.  I like how they made it so that each houseguest can only get one care package.  On another season, this twist would have been exciting and potentially game-changing.   In this season of suck, it's just going to go to waste.

Also, with the Round Trip still in play I don't know if it's a help or hindrance. If you went by popularity (say Jokers) it's Nat, James, Michele in the Top 3 and Day at #6 but technically 4th. So, I don't know if cancelling two votes would matter. Now, CO-HOH might be a biggie if Paul & Paulie got it. Yikes! That.would.be.totally.awful!!!!!

• Love 1

From Jokers:

BB18 August 1, 05:56 am (Cam 1/2) Monday - James throws Natalie UTB to Paul HARD. Says he gives her too much attention and calls her "Jersey Girl" and Says Jersey Girl Nat planned to disrespect him by sleeping w/ Meech.
Says Nat offered to go sleep somewhere else and he was about to tell her, "Yeah, you need to!"
Says Nat should know that he is "her man" and she knows her place, his place is sleeping next to her.
Says he calls it like it is and he's about ready to clip her.
Says "[he'll] need to be the trigger man or let you or let someone else pull the trigger."
Paul finally offers to do it for him. James responds, "Yeah."
This ugly sequence goes til 06:02 am.

I want to believe that he was just trying to fit it with the other male chauvinists but not sure I can.

House full of winners this year!!!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, escape said:

Be careful what you pray for, because mean girl Michelle will put up Bridget and Natalie - out of petty jealousy.  And Natalie will end up the casualty,  since the guys will be more apt to save Bridget.

That's fine. I need Natalie gone so I don't have to care about anyone left. It's just easier that way.

12 minutes ago, mooses said:

Da'Vonne comes in and they tell her they were talking about the Double Eviction.

Da'Vonne: "So what'd you all come up with?"

Silence

Then James says Bridgette and Victor if they don't win. Da'Vonne is like - um, Bridgette can't win if she's going home. Ha!

This whole thing was so funny. The 3 of them were terrible in that convo. Day must know now that she's fucked.

• Love 8