Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, NeelyOh said:

So they're clearly pushing for a Nic/Corey F2. With Nic being a vet and apparently popular with some people out there, it's not too shocking. I was wondering however why they chose Nic/Corey and not James/Nat to push. Even if James/Nat relationship is on the rocks now, the show has been pushing the other couple for a while now. I was wondering if the show believes that Nic's popularity far outweighs James' and that's why they're backing her or if it's something else? I guess what I'm really wondering is if James/Nat and Vic/Paul for that matter are too "ethnic" for TPTB's taste or if the TPTB believe the majority of the audience wants winners who are not minorities. 

I realized a little while ago that Nicole and Corey are appealing to a lot of people because they're like a Ken and (nerdy) Barbie, very "All American," conventionally attractive, conservative, and inoffensive (to people who are into that sort of thing). Personally, I have a distaste for "Ken and Barbie" types, so I'm more inclined to root against such people than for them, but I get that I am outside the norm with that. Nicole has an impressive Twitter/IG following, enough to get her a good side income endorsing products and such. She isn't known for her wit or personality at all, so I assume that's because a lot of people find her "relatable" and "aspirational." She seems like someone consumers/fans could actually know/relate to in real life with obvious flaws and foibles, but she's a prettier, thinner, more glamorous version of "the girl next door."

7 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I just turned on my feeds and James looks defeated. It I'm glad some people are saying they are having fun right now. I was going to be really sad!

james just told Natalie he plans to throw this hoh. He wants to be available to win the next. He thinks the two sides will finally go at each other. 

At this point, it's not really news that James plans to throw a comp. It makes more sense to report it if he plans NOT to throw the comp.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Marie80 said:

There better be! I'm sure there will be though as I visited a thread here for Orange is the New Black and that's a Netflix only series. I'm sure there are others too.

Grace & Frankie is also Netflix only and Previously has lots of threads for it.  Great show, btw.... <3

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, NeelyOh said:

I was wondering however why they chose Nic/Corey and not James/Nat to push.

You're wondering why AG chose to promote Nicole and Corey vs James and Nat? Really? I shouldn't think you'd need to wonder very hard.

I'm pretty sure even Corey could puzzle this one out in no time.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

May Natalie annihilate them on her way out. Sure, she'll get called a bitch all over the interest, but it'll be worth it! But I'm sure she won't say anything. She's too damn nice.

Damned if she does. Damned if she doesn't. She seemed dead set on calling them out. She said she could do it in a professional manner. I would also like to see her do it for selfish reasons but I don't think she should because it will make her look bad. I think she should say that she appreciates the opportunity she was given and give James some recognition. Than wait for the vote.

2 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Oh Natalie....

Remember. She doesn't know anything about the show and how much that boy was hated. She has been saying mongol for a while now and people correct her but she thinks it's funny so she keeps doing it. I am ok with it for that reason.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, bbaddict said:

I would also like to see her do it for selfish reasons but I don't think she should because it will make her look bad.

The people who will hate her for it already hate her so I say go for it. Do it for me, Natalie! Give me one last thing to enjoy in this shitty season.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

Damned if she does. Damned if she doesn't. She seemed dead set on calling them out. She said she could do it in a professional manner. I would also like to see her do it for selfish reasons but I don't think she should because it will make her look bad. I think she should say that she appreciates the opportunity she was given and give James some recognition. Than wait for the vote.

Remember. She doesn't know anything about the show and how much that boy was hated. She has been saying mongol for a while now and people correct her but she thinks it's funny so she keeps doing it. I am ok with it for that reason.

It's not the mispronunciation, its the Frankie love I can't take!

• Love 4

I am watching last nights feeds and this is not just friends for the 2 of them when he is giving her a head, neck, and shoulder massage. I am truly going to miss these 2 after tonight. I really hope James hit it out of the park in his goodbye message but I am not counting on it. What he says in that goodbye message could mean a whole lot to Natalie.

3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The people who will hate her for it already hate her so I say go for it. Do it for me, Natalie! Give me one last thing to enjoy in this shitty season.

You convinced me. Kick their asses Natalie. Just make sure to give props to James. He has definitely deserved it from her as well as her from him.

4 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

It's not the mispronunciation, its the Frankie love I can't take!

Understood.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Nicole: "Meep meep meep best for my game meep meep meep strategic move meep meep meep I LOATHE all women and I can't wait for you and your nasty ladyparts to leave so I can be alone in the house with ALL the wangs! You'll edit that out, right?"

Stop maligning Beaker! 

• Love 5

I'll watch the comp tonight and then probably little to no feeds the rest of the season. I only watch the feeds now when I saw James and Natalie were up. Can't stand the other 4 now. And I used to love Paul! 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, gunderda said:

I'll watch the comp tonight and then probably little to no feeds the rest of the season. I only watch the feeds now when I saw James and Natalie were up. Can't stand the other 4 now. And I used to love Paul! 

I am still going to be a little curious as to the James, Nicole, and Corey alliance. It was interesting to me how upset Nicole was at James being on the block. She was crying real hard in the DR on Wednesday's show.

Last night/ early morning, Paul told Vic if it's slip/slide, he has it. That he was in Senior Hockey, a snowboarder and something else. They both said Corey would suck at it. I guess we'll see soon. Also, Paul wanted to throw it so he could play F4.

(from Sucks.)

• Love 1

I am still going to be a little curious as to the James, Nicole, and Corey alliance. It was interesting to me how upset Nicole was at James being on the block. She was crying real hard in the DR on Wednesday's show.

Was she though?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

Last night/ early morning, Paul told Vic if it's slip/slide, he has it. That he was in Senior Hockey, a snowboarder and something else. They both said Corey would suck at it. I guess we'll see soon. Also, Paul wanted to throw it so he could play F4.

(from Sucks.)

LOL. I somehow doubt that skating on ice is the same as gliding down a Crisco covered laneway. Sure, balance is going to be important but they don't seem to be the same thing to me. And that's coming from a Canadian that's mad about hockey.

I've been paying so little attention that I didn't realize tonight is the Live Eviction! 

I kinda want James to win HOH to see the Foursome shake in their boots, but it seems like that's not happening. Or Nicole, just to see what she'd do. 

But I'm pretty sure that means Paul's going to win.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

(from Sucks.)

I hope he breaks his fucking leg.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, lyric said:

Wouldn't it favor the 6'2" collegiate track and fielder?   I'd think so.

I haven't watched the last 2 eps, but still reading here - sounds like nothing's changed, more rigging, more editing bullshit.  Grodner never disappoints.

6 hours ago, gunderda said:

Yes they always show it because it takes forever.  Which is why it's my favorite!  Guaranteed to last a long time, people can't really wimp out like in a wall or swing comp.

Depends on his balance.  I think he'll do poorly because he really sucked at the coconut competition that almost sent him home WEEK 1!

People with long legs are generally not the most graceful. (except dancers)

I actually think the slip 'n slide will not be kind to Corey; he has the long legs to cut down on the fall opportunities, but he's always shown himself to be more of a sprinter in comps and not a marathon runner.  Plus Corey is an ex-baseball player, and they tend to be notorious about bad ankles.

1 hour ago, bbaddict said:

I am in agreement with you on Natalie and James except I am not tired of them. I just wish she would not be so (I don't know the word I want to use here) towards James on their last day. They were so sweet last night why not just leave the same way. Venting.

1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

Nat and James are joking around right now.  James says Z is probably in her first trimester.  Then he says pregnancy is a beautiful thing, and Nat agrees.  James said Paulie would make a great dad.  Natalie says they BOTH would make great parents.

LOL.

Personally, I think a little separation both during and after the Game might be the best thing for James/Natalie, if there is to be ANY chance of an extended relationship.  Relationship-wise, they've been forced to spend a psychotic amount of time together without a break.  Some distance might help them to appreciate each other more - especially when they get back out into the Dickhead Central world that is Real Life - or help them get some perspective on why lifelong friendship might be a better option.

16 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Oh Natalie....

Not surprising.  We always knew Natalie loves sparkly pink things.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

Yea if I read that things are getting interesting and the final 4 are turning on each other I'll probably tune in  

14 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

(from Sucks.)

That would be awesome if both James and Paul threw it. Haha!! 

I don't think Paul has it in him to throw it tho. 

1 minute ago, PaperTree said:

The GIFs would be amazing.  But they would never use that comp again.

The GIFs would indeed be Theismann-esque!

If that comp got retired forever after that, to quote 'your boy' himself - Never Cared!

I think so. She thinks the world of James and has told Natalie that on a couple of occasions.

If she really 'thinks the world' of James she wouldn't be dripping poison about Natalie 24/7. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, AbsoluteShower said:

The GIFs would indeed be Theismann-esque!

If that comp got retired forever after that, to quote 'your boy' himself - Never Cared!

If she really 'thinks the world' of James she wouldn't be dripping poison about Natalie 24/7. 

She loves James. She doesn't like Natalie (at least in the game).

What's really funny is they all think Natalie has "played" James because they don't think a guy like James could ever interest a girl as pretty as Natalie.

It's a reverse insult.

Quite, especially considering it hasn't even crossed Nicole's pea brain that Corey might be doing the same thing because he's just the cutest boy in the whole wide world!

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

What's really funny is they all think Natalie has "played" James because they don't think a guy like James could ever interest a girl as pretty as Natalie.

It's a reverse insult.

I am not sure what you are saying here.

4 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

I am not sure what you are saying here.

They think Natalie is too good for James, therefore, for her to pick James MUST mean she's using him.

=

James could never actually interest a woman like Natalie.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

They think Natalie is too good for James, therefore, for her to pick James MUST mean she's using him.

=

James could never actually interest a woman like Natalie.

I think you and I both know that is bullshit to the nth degree with these 2.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Umbelina said:

As far as "game" vs "entertainment?"  The contracts were leaked and posted.  BB can do anything they want to do.  Even in the online votes there is a disclaimer in the fine print that says BB can change the outcome of the vote if they want to "for entertainment purposes."

I'm under the impression that the BB contract saying "we can rig whatever we want" doesn't matter if that gets challenged in a court of law under US Code 47. Saying they can doesn't necessarily mean they can. It does, however, prevent any participant from claiming they didn't know shenanigans could occur. That's a separate issue from whether or not they're okay under the law. Hoping that makes sense to people.

Again, I'd compare this to the NFL's broadcast copyright statement: "This telecast is copyrighted by the NFL for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this telecast or any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the game without the NFL's consent is prohibited." Obviously, this is not true. You can talk about a game with friends and fair use still applies. A company saying something in a contract or elsewhere does not change law.

I mean, I could sign a contract agreeing to be paid 50 cents an hour. Just because the contract says it's okay and I signed it doesn't make it actually legal if I then decided to sue. They'd lose. (That's actually one reason why the Buffalo Jills cheerleaders no longer exist. The company that ran them wasn't paying the women legal minimum wage. Oops.)

I'm not saying they don't rig things. I'm just saying whether or not they are covered under that law has not been legally determined, and it won't be unless BB or a similar show goes to court. At the moment, I suspect they take certain steps to avoid this (ie, pre-planning what competitions will be held when).

On an unrelated note... I'm really tired of James and Natalie and their relationship. Ever have a best friend in, say, junior high that dated and broke up with the same guy/girl a few times and for months that was all they talked about? That's about where I am with this. Omygawd, I don't care. Move on, people!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, bbaddict said:

I think you and I both know that is bullshit to the nth degree with these 2.

Exactly. Corey and Victor both think that a girl like Nat should be into them. That's why Corey is obsessed, ob-fucking-sessed with this bullshit story about Natalie telling him he's hot/she loves him every day...

@simplyme

I understand your point.  I don't think it's ever been challenged though.  Who in their right mind is going to sue CBS inc? 

I'd love it if they did, but I don't see it happening.  As far as the outcome of such a lawsuit?  Aside from it taking years probably, what would it change?  I mean, I'd love it if all past houseguests got a huge check, but that would never happen.  As far as the viewers being conned?  What could they do?  Take the show off the air I guess, or add even more disclaimers to the broadcast show.

CBS pays SAG or whatever it is minimum wages to the HGs to appear in an "entertainment" show.  So???

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

because Production wants..........    and Production controls the game in many ways and can make what they want happen.

Seems to me that Production is playing harder than any of the HGs.  Maybe they should just give the money to Production.

• Love 6

I understand your point.  I don't think it's ever been challenged though.  Who in their right mind is going to sue CBS inc? 

Yeah. :( There was a lawsuit against Survivor that might have settled it, but it got settled out of court. @Nashville of the amazing memory and details knows more about that than I do, I believe.

I just don't want Corey to win. Gaaaaargh. Or James. I don't like any of the choices, but those two are my big no buenos.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Exactly. Corey and Victor both think that a girl like Nat should be into them. That's why Corey is obsessed, ob-fucking-sessed with this bullshit story about Natalie telling him he's hot/she loves him every day...

I am watching the Natalie/James conversation from 1:30 today and she is being really short with him. I have loved this girl all season but even I am almost to the point of no return with her. James is always calm and listens to what she has to say and she could just say it to him instead of at him. He is getting all her hurt for the other people. If she had just stayed calm like she was when they knew they were going on the block I believe she had a great shot at AFP. Now I am not so sure. I guess realizing you are being evicted was just to much for her unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, bbaddict said:

I am watching the Natalie/James conversation from 1:30 today and she is being really short with him. I have loved this girl all season but even I am almost to the point of no return with her. James is always calm and listens to what she has to say and she could just say it to him instead of at him. He is getting all her hurt for the other people. If she had just stayed calm like she was when they knew they were going on the block I believe she had a great shot at AFP. Now I am not so sure. I guess realizing you are being evicted was just to much for her unfortunately.

They need some time away from each other to start to miss each other again. This has probably been Nat's hardest week in the house and she needs a few days in jury with her friends away from the cameras. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

They need some time away from each other to start to miss each other again. This has probably been Nat's hardest week in the house and she needs a few days in jury with her friends away from the cameras. 

I not sure that is going to change things for her and James. I hope I am wrong but it seems like she has not only checked out of the game but checked out of James. To be honest tomorrow she could feel like she really misses him. You just can't predict how she is going to feel minute by minute.

Yeah, count me in on being really sick of the whole Natalie/James nonsense. These two will follow each other on social media, talk about visiting each other, and that will be that. James will act all butthurt over it, and then get back to apparently having threesomes with other reality famewhores. This is not a great love, it's two bored people passing the time in the house. 

I just wish it was James leaving instead of Natalie. He's so useless. 

• Love 10
Just now, bbaddict said:

I not sure that is going to change things for her and James. I hope I am wrong but it seems like she has not only checked out of the game but checked out of James. To be honest tomorrow she could feel like she really misses him. You just can't predict how she is going to feel minute by minute.

This is true. Right now though a lot of stuff has been said that neither of them probably really meant, and on top of her feeling the pressure of the 4 Assholes of the Apocalypse belittling her at every turn and smirking behind her back like a nasty little high school clique this past week was probably too much. She will leave with class tonight, her and James will have a nice goodbye and I know he'll give her a really nice video message. Once she gets to jury she can finally decompress, chill with Bridge and Meech, ignore Paulie and talk with her girls. They both think James is a good guy and good for her.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Yeah, count me in on being really sick of the whole Natalie/James nonsense. These two will follow each other on social media, talk about visiting each other, and that will be that. James will act all butthurt over it, and then get back to apparently having threesomes with other reality famewhores. This is not a great love, it's two bored people passing the time in the house. 

I just wish it was James leaving instead of Natalie. He's so useless. 

Yeah, it reminds me of high school when you start getting nostalgic before graduating and think you'll stay close with half your class - then you join reality, realize the world is much bigger than high school and move on with your life.

I can understand the HGs getting caught up in the relationships after spending so much time together. You don't get a reality check until you leave the House and remember you had a whole life without them.

ETA: This is also why I thought it was smart for Natalie to want to wait until getting to know James outside before getting serious. Real life must be so different than Reality life.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 8

What bothers me about this whole situation is it seems like she forgot about the last 60 days when they were so happy together. It's like it doesn't even exist. That makes absolutely no sense to me but I guess I am just older and wiser.

• Love 2

Her HOH was overturned.  Her best girlfriend went home.  She's about to be evicted.  I think she's allowed a few days of finally letting the mean asshole tactics in that house piss her off.

When she finds out what James said about her to Nicole, Vic, Paul, and Corey? 

GAME OVER.

She will find out too, people will tweet the clip to her.

So, no, no future for James and Nat, and she's MUCH too good for him anyway. He can go back to threesomes with hookers.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 22

It was so obvious to me all along that Natalie was a phony and just pretending to love James..... I think she figured she would ride his coat tails as far as she could go being attached to him and when she saw she was going to be evicted she had no more use for him and dropped him like a hot potato. 

Her showmance was her strategy to take her as far in the game as she could. She had to know he was a fan favorite and being with him took her much further than she probably would have gone as a solo player. it was total BS when she said he taught her how to trust men again. 

Natalie is just a phony and good riddance to her. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 2