Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, mooses said:
10 hours ago, mooses said:

I know it makes sense for Natalie to want to split up Paul/Vic because they're the most powerful duo in there, but I just don't like Nicole/Corey! 

If she puts up Paul (if he doesn't have the Co-HOH) and they put up Corey (or Nicole), one of the Nicorey/James control the votes plus Michelle. Her plan can be foiled if James goes up - let's say she puts up one of Vic/Paul, one of them has Co-HOH and James gets put up. Nicole/Corey/Michelle would control the votes. Or if Vic/Paul win Veto and take the other one down, then Natalie's in trouble the next week.

It's a big, risky move and if it works they can be in a good position. If it doesn't, the HGs might gun for James over Natalie anyway. The Co-HOH really changes things for her, though, and it's not a particularly good week to want to make a big splash. 

ETA: I don't love a returning HG this late into the game, but Big Brother will be Big Brother.

ETA: I don't love a returning HG this late into the game, but Big Brother will be Big Brother.

Well you would have really hated the first season of Big Brother Canada.  They brought back the returning jury member at the final four.  That is kind of messed up because as a player if you make it to the final four it is sort of a big deal.  Only to learn that you only made it to the final five instead.

• Love 1

How in the world did they edit Paulie out of that county fair thing so well?  Did they ask him to stand on the edge the whole time so they could cut him out? LOL.

I thought there were some scenes that seemed to be "acted", and I wondered if they re-did them after Polly left.  The pie-eating contest, because there was a wide shot of everyone, and the whole segment where they sat around the picnic table.  I think that was all taped after Polly left.

4 minutes ago, backformore said:

I thought there were some scenes that seemed to be "acted", and I wondered if they re-did them after Polly left.  The pie-eating contest, because there was a wide shot of everyone, and the whole segment where they sat around the picnic table.  I think that was all taped after Polly left.

Didn't they have a shot where they were all toasting with a beer too? I think instead of redoing the scenes after Paulie left (they had already taken down the carnival by that point), they did one shot with Corey and not Paulie, and one shot with Paulie and not Corey.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Skycatcher said:

LOL - it's all about timing.  Watching BBAD. HGs are talking about Survivor, using leaves to clean up after bathroom activities.  Victor (?) says he'd just go in the ocean, clean himself up that way.  Cut to a commercial - a lifeguard running down the beach (Baywatch).  LOLOL!

ETA: Ok, so it's late and I'm easily amused.

I'm just glad to find out I'm not the only twisted schmuck who notices and thinks of this kind of shit.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I'm just glad to find out I'm not the only twisted schmuck who notices and thinks of this kind of shit.

Yeah, it's twisted, but at least I keep myself amused.  The worst of it is when I crack up around other people for no apparent reason, and I certainly can't share my little inside jokes 'cause folks would get the right idea about me. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Yeah, it's twisted, but at least I keep myself amused.  The worst of it is when I crack up around other people for no apparent reason, and I certainly can't share my little inside jokes 'cause folks would get the right idea about me. 

I stopped caring somewhere around Reagan's second term.  :>

• Love 6

Ok, so what the Frankenfuck is up with Michelle's get-up tonight?  She trying to supplement her stipend with palm readings?  Or did someone tell her Phish was in town?

Edited by Nashville
Phishy, Phishy, Phishy, woo.
  • Love 3

Paul tells Nat that Corey said Nat was going to "suck that dick to the top" and Nat says: Sorry I'm not Zakiyah, I don't suck dick on a TV show.

Damn, Natalie!

ETA: Paul keeps asking for permission to blow up Nicorey. YES, you have it!! RED TEAM GO! RED TEAM GO!

Nat is crying again.

Edited by Marie80
  • Love 6

These people are a hot mess. 

Natalie breaking up Victor & Paul is a good game move. You just said yourself that Paul is manipulative and now you've let him manipulate you into thinking you are an awful person for putting him up. He's doing the EXACT thing you put him up for, OPEN YOUR EYES. 

I'm no Nicole or Corey fan. But right now breaking up Vic & Paul and getting them out is more important I think. Nicole & Corey are going to have a HARD time getting votes in the final I think against anyone especially Nicole, unless she comp beasts her way to the end which is possible given the type of comps. 

Michelle is riding her way til F4 for sure, depending on who comes back next week. 

• Love 2

Nicole/Paul/Vic/Corey argument in the kitchen has evolved into Paul/Nicole argument in the HOH with Natalie, James and Michelle sitting there and Corey/Vic talking in the kitchen (I'm not listening to that one). It started after Corey's end-of-unitard striptease. 

It's a weird argument. Paul is basically yelling about Nicole/Corey keeping themselves off the block by getting Paul/Vic on the block, and her arguing that he's been lying (which he has about Da'Vonne and wanting James out). It's kind of nonsensical - he's mad because they're on the block and Nicole/Corey saved themselves.  Paul is loud enough that he seems like he's winning, though, and Nicole/Corey look bad because she doesn't do well under pressure. She seems so flustered. 

Nicole said he's trying to change the target and it's obvious. Which is true, but I think Natalie/Michelle/James are siding with Paul/Vic. It ended with everyone awkwardly in the HOH.

It was pretty great, though. At one point, James was on his stomach listening in on the skybridge, while Michelle was listening through an open HOH door telling Natalie what's going on.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3

Sorry if someone already said this and I missed it....

Is it too much to wish for that tptb show us Bawlie's reception into to jury house, complete with a Da'Vonne smack down (literally) for the way he treated Z? Now Z is not without blame for letting herself be treated the way Bawlie's treated her, but seeing Bawlie's face an opponent, and a female one at that, and get knocked on his butt would so be satisfying. 

• Love 7

I don't really like how Natalie's caved to the manipulation done by Paul here. She said it herself; this is a good game move for her. Yes, I don't like Nicole and Corey. Yes, Paul has still said shit and joined in on some of Paulie's awful behaviour. Game move or not, if Natalie knew officially about all of this, she would be fine with her decision. But now she's crying and Michelle's upset. 

I just need Natalie to pull it together. She made a good move but now she's made to feel like the bad guy here. It's final eight, like she said. She wants to make a big move? This is it. Or else Paul will for sure win. 

People on Twitter are freaking out and Nat/James have dropped in polls. 

The veto comp is mental. They're getting BB Storm Watch announcements throughout the night/day. Victor did great with the memorization comp against Bronte, so he has a real chance here.

Part of me wants Corey up on the block and sent packing. But then the curious, entertaining part in me wants to see Nicole win and noms stay the same, but have Paul leave instead of Victor. That might be interesting, and then there's three chances of someone I like coming back (I put Day in this category only because I want the chances to be higher). 

• Love 3

Natalie's big move made sense for her game, but has clearly backfired.  Had she gone with game threat and stuck to her guns, not sure that would have worked either.  She would have been a target for Paul and Victor with either stance. Paul had her convinced she made the wrong move in under 3 minutes right after nominations!  He would have gone after her regardless.    

Michele has made it clear to everyone that she wanted Nicory on the block.  Another flaw in the plan! 

22 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Part of me wants Corey up on the block and sent packing. But then the curious, entertaining part in me wants to see Nicole win and noms stay the same, but have Paul leave instead of Victor. That might be interesting, and then there's three chances of someone I like coming back (I put Day in this category only because I want the chances to be higher). 

Yeah I am there, too.  

14 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Natalie's big move made sense for her game, but has clearly backfired.  Had she gone with game threat and stuck to her guns, not sure that would have worked either.  She would have been a target for Paul and Victor with either stance. Paul had her convinced she made the wrong move in under 3 minutes right after nominations!  He would have gone after her regardless.    

It's a small chance here, but I do think that Paul could go out this week and Natalie would still be a good spot. Vic/Paul think that Natalie got totally manipulated by Nicole and Corey. Nicole/Corey may start to realize that Paul's their biggest threat, not Victor. Now, Vic/Paul may hold some animosity toward her, but seeing as their targets for the next three weeks don't include her, she seems to have escaped the total blame. Part of me thinks that she still realizes that Paul/Victor are huge threats and she wouldn't be disappointed if Paul, at least, leaves this week, but she also knows that Nicole and Corey have done nothing for her this game and they have been cruel behind her back. She can't trust them. So whoever leaves this week, she's still in a good spot, which is surprising as she's the HOH.

Now, if Paul/Vic decide that they're not ok with her move, then fine, I'll accept it. But they seem to hold their anger toward Nicole/Corey and not toward Natalie/Michelle. 

But I'm still rooting for Bridgette to come back. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

It's a small chance here, but I do think that Paul could go out this week and Natalie would still be a good spot. Vic/Paul think that Natalie got totally manipulated by Nicole and Corey.

Yes, I see the boys think Nicory is the cause of this.   If Paul goes, Victor and Michele become the new power couple.  

P and V mentioned James out next which makes no sense.  Why is everyone allowing Nicole and Corey to possibly slide by another week?

I am fine with Paul leaving, he is becoming Paulie 2.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Cutty said:

I'd die of happiness if the next two boots were Nicole and James.

Same! But then I'd be afraid Corey would have a really good shot at winning and that would not please me.

9 hours ago, mooses said:

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 9.34.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-19 at 9.34.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-19 at 9.33.06 PM.png

My spirit animal!

Oh, Natalie, I can never stay mad at you for too long!

7 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

These people are a hot mess. 

I love it!

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

People on Twitter are freaking out and Nat/James have dropped in polls. 

LMAO at the internet dropping Natalie the second she made a move against another fave and yet doubling down on it now that she's backtracked. It's so hilarious!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Nicole & Corey were talking at the kitchen table at one point, and he was telling her that she had to make an effort to be more friendly to Michelle this week. Nicole's response, basically? "I don't wanna!" 

Jeebus....

Also, fuck you, Nicole!!

• Love 9

I don't understand why Production is so into Nicole/Corey. They bring absolutely nothing to the game.

The show is always looking for the next Jeff and Jordan. And I suspect they think Nicole is the next Jordan - blonde, dim but sweet. But while Jordan was dim but sweet Nicole is just dumb. 

• Love 6

Nicole: I know he [Paul] is the one that said that stuff.
Victor: He didn't. I don't lie, Michelle.
Nicole: My name is Nicole.

LMAO at Victor calling Nicole 'Michelle.' You know that pissed her off so much. 

I'm torn on what I want to happen. I mean I mostly hope Paul goes because I think it's better for Natalie's game and she's my fave. But at the same time I think it's time for me to give up any hope that Natalie can win and I'd rather see Paul win than Nicole/Corey/James so I kinda hope Paul stays.

I'm pretty sure James will talk Natalie back into targeting Paul. I think James is super down for working with Nicole. The DR is probably telling him how awesome it would be for two fan faves to align and everything James' does is about getting the audience to like him.

• Love 7

Just catching up.  WOW!  Yikes!  This whole turn of events is such a "Sophie's Choice" for me.  I love my Natalie but I also love Paul.  Game-wise, nominating Paul was the right thing for Nat to do.  Nominating Victor was even better since Vic is such a comp beast.  That said, I dislike that they're both on the block together.   UGGGHHHH...... which of 'my children' do I keep?  And can I forgive 'my girl' for nominating 'my boy'?

After all the flip flopping that will take place till eviction night, I hope it ultimately ends up with Corey and Nicole being separated.  I want to see Corey end up wherever it would make Nicole more jealous.  Meaning, if it would make Nicole more jealous having Corey in the jury house with Bridgette, Zak and Day, .... wondering what he's doing, who he's sleeping and flirting with... then I want Corey to get evicted.  If it would make Nicole more jealous having Corey in the BB house with Meech and Nat, .... wondering what he's doing, who he's sleeping and flirting with, .... then I want Nicole to be evicted leaving Corey in the BB house. 

• Love 7

As a professional linguist* I am fascinated by how the verb "To Scheme" has evolved within the Big Brother House, particularly with regard to its use in the first person:

"They Scheme"

"He/She Schemes"

"I Strategize"

*Not a professional linguist

Fuck You, Nicole!

Edited by AbsoluteShower
edited to add Fuck You Nicole, because there is never not a time to say Fuck You Nicole!
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

As a professional linguist* I am fascinated by how the verb "To Scheme" has evolved within the Big Brother House, particularly with regard to its use in the first person:

"They Scheme"

"He/She Schemes"

"I Strategize"

I'm outraged that you forgot "Also, fuck you, Nicole!!"

• Love 6

People keep saying that Natalie's plan backfired, but has it? From what I'm reading it sounds like Paul or Victor would target Nicorey, and Nicorey swore to nominate Paul/Victor and Michelle. 

Edited by JediDVguy
6 minutes ago, J.D. said:

I'm outraged that you forgot "Also, fuck you, Nicole!!"

Fixed it for you!

3 minutes ago, JediDVguy said:

People keep saying that Natalie's plan backfired, but has it? From what I'm reading it sounds like Paul or Victor would target Nicorey, and Nicorey swore to nominate Paul/Victor and Michelle. 

That's also the feeling I got from watching last night - the outrage and anger seems pretty much to be directed Nicorey's way right now.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

"They Scheme"

"He/She Schemes"

"I Strategize"

scheme is also a verb.  Have I missed your point?

verb

1. make plans, especially in a devious way or with intent to do something illegal or wrong.

"he schemed to bring about the collapse of the government"

synonyms:plot, hatch a plot, conspire, intrigue, connive, maneuver, plan

I think this word works but there are many they use that do not! 

22 minutes ago, J.D. said:

Just catching up.  WOW!  Yikes!  This whole turn of events is such a "Sophie's Choice" for me.  I love my Natalie but I also love Paul.  Game-wise, nominating Paul was the right thing for Nat to do.  Nominating Victor was even better since Vic is such a comp beast.  That said, I dislike that they're both on the block together.   UGGGHHHH...... which of 'my children' do I keep?  And can I forgive 'my girl' for nominating 'my boy'?

HA!  I was once here.  I now can let Paul go.  His behavior last night was way too close to a Paulie rant.  I have not given up on Natalie winning though.  I like Victor, too. 

30 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm pretty sure James will talk Natalie back into targeting Paul. I think James is super down for working with Nicole. The DR is probably telling him how awesome it would be for two fan faves to align and everything James' does is about getting the audience to like him.

Fuck you Nicole.! Fuck you DR!  And as long as I am at it Fuck you Corey!  Why not?

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Okay, so being a gullible dummy and all.... I thought there was some kind of serious weather advisory going on in California when I kept reading snippets about the HG's getting 'Storm Warnings.'  Obviously, that's something game-related.  Can anybody explain what that's all about?

Edited by J.D.
3 minutes ago, J.D. said:

Okay, so being a guillible dummy and all.... I thought there was some kind of serious weather advisory going on in California when I kept reading snippets about the HG's getting 'Storm Warnings.'  Obviously, that's something game-related.  Can anybody explain what that's all about?

The next Veto comp is memory.  BB has been giving them clues all night in a weather format.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

So, Meech doesn't get to vote this week? That means there's only gonna be three votes. Even if Paul or Vic come down and Corey goes up, will James even vote him out?

I saw in one of the updates that James said he trusts Nicole and that her parents really like him. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

LOL - it's all about timing.  Watching BBAD. HGs are talking about Survivor, using leaves to clean up after bathroom activities.  Victor (?) says he'd just go in the ocean, clean himself up that way.  Cut to a commercial - a lifeguard running down the beach (Baywatch).  LOLOL!

ETA: Ok, so it's late and I'm easily amused.

Proper LOLZ moment for me was when Victor was talking about poison ivy up his ass (charmed, I'm sure!). James said that would be his prank - "Here Vic, these are the good leaves!"

I can't help it, I like James. There, I said it!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Cutty said:

So, Meech doesn't get to vote this week? That means there's only gonna be three votes. Even if Paul or Vic come down and Corey goes up, will James even vote him out?

I saw in one of the updates that James said he trusts Nicole and that her parents really like him. 

Well in Texas you stand behind your woman.  And we won't know until after the veto where she stands and that is likely to take a circular route for a couple of days. 

Edited by wings707
15 minutes ago, JediDVguy said:

I think all plans the HGs are making for next week will go out the window the minute they find out that a juror is coming back into the game. It doesn't matter who comes back... I think that person will become the target instantly unless they win HoH. 

• Love 1

Natalie lost some of my support last night.  First she's talking with Nicorey, and becomes easily seduced by the Dark Side.  When V/P double team her about it, she immediately caves to them. 

I was going to say V/P completely "misted" her, but that barrage was more like a tropical deluge.

Watching BBAD all I could think of was the bad old days of Paul - STFU!!!!  Even after he'd made his point, protested his honor, etc 10 times, he went on to say it all over and over and over again. Sheesh!

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, me5671 said:

I think all plans the HGs are making for next week will go out the window the minute they find out that a juror is coming back into the game. It doesn't matter who comes back... I think that person will become the target instantly unless they win HoH. 

I don't think the returnee will be eligible for HOH, but I don't necessarily think they'd be the target either.  If Paul or Victor come back, I do think it will be a short stay.  However, if Paulie comes back, I think Nicole & Corey will make sure he stays.

10 minutes ago, wings707 said:

HA!  I was once here.  I now can let Paul go.  His behavior last night was way too close to a Paulie rant. 

Yeah, I'm over Paul. His performance last night was excellent gameplay, but it got annoying with all the self-righteousness and hypocrisy (which is part of the game, but still). I think he's probably a decent person IRL and he's definitely the smartest person in the house, but he has been an ass a lot of time in the house. Gamewise, Nat/James/Michelle are MORONS if last night wasn't a huge, "WELL, OBVIOUSLY PAUL HAS TO GO NOW" neon billboard on fire. He clearly demonstrated how and why he will beat them if he stays in the game. And of course Paul and Vic wanted to "stick to the plan" and get Nicorey out, then duke it out in F5 because that plan would almost certainly lead to one of them winning the game. Duh! Paul has Vic completely snowed. Vic would "pull a Cody" with him in F3 without hesitation and Vic is already dreaming about the epic friendship they're going to have after the show. N/J/M have much better odds of getting to F2 from an F5 with Nicorey than F5 with Paul and Vic. Even if Meech can manage to get dragged to the end by Paul/Vic, she has zero chance of beating them, while she might have a prayer against Nicole or Corey.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, wings707 said:

scheme is also a verb.  Have I missed your point?

verb

1. make plans, especially in a devious way or with intent to do something illegal or wrong.

synonyms:plot, hatch a plot, conspire, intrigue, connive, maneuver, plan

I think this word works but there are many they use that do not! 

Yes, you did miss the point.  The joke is that if other people are doing it, they're "scheming."  If the speaker is doing it, he or she is merely "strategizing."  Hence the "irregular" conjugation of the verb "to scheme" in the first person singular and plural:  "I strategize, you scheme, he/she/it schemes, we strategize, you scheme, they scheme."

And yes, I am a linguist.  Why do you ask?  :)

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 9

I'm in the camp that believes it was a bad move for Natalie to target Paul/Vic rather than Nicole/Corey. It seems to me that Paul/Vic are not "ride or die" partners and Nicole/Corey absolutely are. Have Paul/Vic expressed this to Natalie and that both are "flexible" as the game moves forward?

A small part of me actually hopes Vic ends up being eVICted so he ends up beating Paulie in the buyback and ends up being the first HG to win BB after being eVICted not only once but twice.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

The veto players are Michelle, Natalie, Paul, Victor, Corey and James

If its a memory comp Corey is fucked. I swear I can hear tumbleweed sometimes...

Nicole- Are you going to try to win? Corey- I'm not going to (win) cause I dont know any of it

My point proved...

• Love 8

ends up being the first HG to win BB after being eVICted not only once but twice.

Thus certifying that he cannot win the game because of being evicted not once, but twice.

Or.........  jurors find his two returns so awesome/against the odds that they hand him the check.  I'd be in this camp, that he could battle back from two evictions and still stand in F2.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

Thus certifying that he cannot win the game because of being evicted not once, but twice.

Or.........  jurors find his two returns so awesome/against the odds that they hand him the check.  I'd be in this camp, that he could battle back from two evictions and still stand in F2.

Except for Paulie.  Somehow I see him being the bitterest juror who ever bittered.

20 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

If its a memory comp Corey is fucked. I swear I can hear tumbleweed sometimes...

You mean, if I blow in his ear, he'll say "Thanks for the refill!"?

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

I obviously agree with the latter! And with this group I think this is actually possible. The only Bitter Betty against Vic would be Paulie.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, TimWil said:

I obviously agree with the latter! And with this group I think this is actually possible. The only Bitter Betty against Vic would be Paulie.

No kidding.  I expect his question to any of the finalists to be a combination of "YOU SUCK," "I DEMAND AN APOLOGY," and "I SHOULD HAVE WON THIS."

I wonder if he ever intended to try out for Survivor.  He'd be a natural there, since he'd think he was Boston Rob 2.0 but turn out to be Russell Hantz 2.5 in practice.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Sometimes?  You must have good speakers. 

I don't know. I mean, the last time we counted Corey out on a mental comp, he kind of accidentally won. 

I know this is a memory comp, but still, he could get lucky with his guesses. He's an idiot, but after the DE win, I won't count him out on mental comps. 

Heh, Nicole isn't playing. I'm rooting for Victor to win, personally. Anyone but Paul so Paul has to stay on the block and we'll see if James flips. That'll make for the most interesting week for me. Natalie, Michelle, and James would take Victor down. Corey would leave noms the same. Victor would take Victor down. Paul would take himself down. 

Paul's tiring me out. He's a great player, but I'm remembering my issues with him. I watched part of his fight with Nicole, and he's really aggressive when doing confrontations. Nicole's an idiot (FUCK YOU NICOLE) but she reminds me of me, in that I'm horrible in confrontational situations, especially when faced with aggression. This is definitely not the game for her in this case, and she does play the blame game a LOT, but I got annoyed at Paul for this. And I'm rooting for Paul to be evicted. If he comes back, whatever, but seeing his eviction would be bittersweet, even if it's only for a grand total of ten minutes. 

• Love 4

When Paul was confronting Nicole, were the things he was accusing her of actually true, or was he making it all up knowing Meech and Nat/James were eavesdropping?

Edited by J.D.
  • Love 1