Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

I can't stand Paulie, but I don't have a problem with him taking the veto from Corey.  It's the whole point.  Maybe I'll change my mind when I see the episode.  I understand it's the opposite of his tearful promise to sacrifice himself for Corey, but Corey told him not to do it.  So that would make Corey whining and going back on what he said if he's complaining about it  

Is there any way that the DR told Paulie he has the RT?  It would make more sense that he's refusing his punishment because he knows the penalty votes won't make any difference.  But then it wouldn't make any sense that he took the veto.  I don't know.  I guess he's having a temper tantrum.  Maybe it's because I'm reading instead of seeing it, but Paulie doesn't seem nearly as unstable as some of the past HGs. 

I remember Vanessa had to polish the armor last season, but who wore the armor?  I remember Vanessa shoveling the triscuits in as she half-asses the polishing all night.  For some reason she was on the floor while the armor wearer slept on a bed. 

I hope Paul was specifically coached on how to pat down the HGs.  The last thing these women need is a perv given the task to grope them.  It seems pretty tone deaf in a season of raging sexism with some sexual harassment thrown in.  But Paul is making it entertaining. 

• Love 2

I would literally pay $100 to hear Julie ask Paulie he got all bloated and fat in the house?

I know it's body shaming but this is Pissant PPhead Paulie we're talking about. Right now I like the ants more than paulie.

• Love 4

I listened to James and Nicole talk this afternoon.  Nicole asked him about his relationship with Natalie.  James was feeling down about it and having a hard time keeping up a front that nothing was wrong. He said she runs hot and cold.   Paraphrasing, now.  She is with him sometimes and they have fun and other times she is distant and hard to reach.  He doesn't know if it will work outside the house.  He implied that he felt this was an in the house only thing on her part, though she gives lip service to seeing if it will work in RL. 

My take on Paulie seeing a psychiatrist -   he said he has ADHD and was on meds for it - that means he most likely had a psychiatric evaluation.   Now, Claustrophobia?  I don't buy it.  He couldn't have claustrophobia to any large extent and be able to be on this show.   BUT - sometimes people take Xanax or Ativan, mild tranquilizers, for anxiety.  Not every day, they are meds you can take "as needed".  Kind of like - if you get freaked out when you have to get an  MRI, or you have occasional anxiety on test days, or job interviews, etc.   You have to have some kind of diagnosis to justify the medication, so claustrophobia, or general anxiety, would be listed as the diagnosis that justifies the prescription.  I can also see someone going on Big Brother wanting a minor tranquilizer so that they can manage their emotions better when they're upset. 

I have a vague memory of a couple on Amazing Race who said that they went to the doctor before the race and got diagnosed with insomnia, in order to have prescribed sleeping pills - so they could sleep on long plane rides on the race by taking a pill.  Racer without a diagnosis and prescription wouldn't be allowed to take medication for a flight.  I think it's the same thing here.  Paulie wanted to have meds so he could use it to calm down and not flip out.  he also now wants to use "psychiatric issues"  to explain shitty behavior and to be able to walk out if he doesn't get what he wants. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

There are so many things that disturb me here.  Besides Paulie's condescension and tone, there's the entire room of people watching like it's entertainment.  Paulie is berating Natalie, and the only person truly attempting to rein in Paulie is Bridgette.   James gives a half-assed  interjection, but maybe it's because Natalie shuts down Paulie's attempt to drag James into it.  Or James is just gutless.  

Then there's Corey reclining like a pasha, letting Paulie do all the dirty work, then clapping along with him like a moron.  Paul's eagerly observing as he shoves Cheetos in his mouth - the only person at this point with a strong enough personality to make Paulie back off.  Yet he remains silent.

And the symbolism of Z on the floor - like a submissive dog.  Just sitting there impassively, eyes downcast.   Saying nothing even though she was seemingly part of winding this whole thing up.  Letting Paulie say and do what he wants, with no opinions of her own.  They are arguing in part about her.  Paulie is referring to things supposedly said to Z, yet she's irrelevant to this meeting. 

And I don't know what exactly preceded this meeting, but it sure looked like Natalie was called in for a tribunal.  They had all discussed her and were sitting in judgment as she testified. She had way more poise and grace than I would in that situation.  I would have told Paulie to fuck off, followed by pointing at them one by one - "and fuck you and fuck you ...."

• Love 15

Paul just had another Red Alert and James was in the shower.  James had to wrap a towel around himself and step out of the shower so that Paul could pat him down.  HILARIOUS!!!!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I can't stand Paulie, but I don't have a problem with him taking the veto from Corey.  It's the whole point.  Maybe I'll change my mind when I see the episode.  I understand it's the opposite of his tearful promise to sacrifice himself for Corey, but Corey told him not to do it.  So that would make Corey whining and going back on what he said if he's complaining about it  

I agree and thought it was the correct game move to save himself if he could.. Everyone should.  Telling Corey he would fall on his sword for him was game talk gone overboard and stupid and just another lie.  He was still fighting and convinced he could flip old alliance members back into his fold and continue.  He was still trying to make deals today up until I took a nap!

9 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Maybe it's because I'm reading instead of seeing it, but Paulie doesn't seem nearly as unstable as some of the past HGs. 

I am watching and he is fine.  Disappointed and down that he will probably go but stable.  

• Love 1

Paul is very respectful of women, he pretend pats them down barely touching the outside of their bodies.  The DR may have told him something, but they didn't need to.  The youngest member in the house is probably one of the most mature.

Paulie is insane.  Period. He's shown it for quite a while now, pussy entitled woman hating narcissistic liar crybaby asshole.  He's basically WHY AREN'T YOU ALL LETTING ME WIN, HOW DARE YOU GO AGAINST WHAT I SAY I AM THE CHOSEN ONE AND YOU ARE ALL SCUM ESPECIALLY ANY WOMAN WHO DARES TALK BACK TO ME OR CAMPAIGN!

That scene in the HOH with Nat wasn't even the worst of it, and it went on MUCH longer, and had other incidents outside of that HOH room.

He is human garbage.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

Yeah, Polly's dad apparently called Natalie a prostitute on some chat.  I don't have a link, just read it.  That apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  Cody's very lucky Derrick kept him in check.

BB should remove him.   He admitted lying on his application about his psychiatric issues.  He's refusing to go to jury, tried to DOR, refusing to bake pies, being a complete poor sport, and, he's a hateful misogynist who relishes in attacking women.  It's frankly?  Bullshit he is even still in the house.

Now for a palate cleanser for the lurkers here who only get BBAD.  I love Paul.  I love Victor.  I love Natalie. 

Thank God for them, because this season would have been unbearable without them.

Thanks for posting this.  I watched last night as it was happening and loved seeing it again.   Paul is doing a stellar job; production must be thrilled that he got this.  I love seeing them get along and have fun. 

1 hour ago, Skycatcher said:

Jokers -

Natalie in LBR telling Paul that she's pissed that Corey is talking to James about partying after they get out of the house. Natalie said that it doesn't make it her feel good, and that she is feeling fat at the same time. James gives her a look but doesn't say anything. He then asks her if she is mad at him. She says no, but does not look his way.

Natalie is a sweetheart we all see that.  She is very young, this display was so unnecessary and disappointing.  Jealousy is unattractive and often a relationship deal breaker.  Sigh, come on girl,  James is last person you should question about loyalty.  He was bullshitting Corey and Corey is not into bar hopping with James either!  Can't you see this is guy talk to pass the time?  James is upset about her behavior here, too.  He doesn't understand it.  

• Love 3

Time to vote for care package!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/americas-care-package/

Paul just did another circuit.  Sometimes they run and he yells subject on the loose!  He is so going to hate this by Wednesday if not before!  They are all having a good  time with it.  Agent Friendship is about to have his talk in the SF with the feeders.  Cute how he does this, very upbeat guy.  So in Victor. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

Why is it still possible to vote for Nicole for the new care package? 

My power is out and I can't watch the show. Grr.

I think I am most concerned about watching the POV comp.. It seems like they are so determined to give Natalie a bimbo edit, which I believe is the reason they refused to give her her meds, and it's something she is already insecure about. I just don't know what their issues are with her.

Edited by Mhl2016
  • Love 1

At least Paul and Vic are giving Natalie full credit for flipping the house.  It may not get out there until after the show, but it WILL get out there.

The true showmance of the season.

Paulie and Corey.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Mhl2016 said:

Why is it still possible to vote for Nicole for the new care package? 

Don't know, but don't waste your vote if you like Nicole.  BB is not going to give her the Care Package twice.  Any votes for her will just be voided.

I think, after tonight's edit, Paul has a very high chance of getting it over anyone else. Wednesday's show will probably put Victor in the lead for that, but as of right now, I could see Paul getting it. Either way, Corey's so not getting it after his edit on the show tonight. As in, the only relevance he had was his shit eating grin during the HOH attack.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think, after tonight's edit, Paul has a very high chance of getting it over anyone else. Wednesday's show will probably put Victor in the lead for that, but as of right now, I could see Paul getting it. Either way, Corey's so not getting it after his edit on the show tonight. As in, the only relevance he had was his shit eating grin during the HOH attack.

Where did you watch already?  Yep, that is Corey. 

There is still some Paulie craziness to show on Wednesday, right?  When he was grilling Victor, and when everyone was shutting him down in the kitchen, that should all air on Wednesdays episode, right?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Paulie's basically asking Victor to forget about his own eviction, I guess because he came back so the past should be forgotten. Um...no, Paulie. In this case, he lost the chance for the money and nobody had any idea that Victor would even have a chance to come back. Paulie, you know you have a chance at coming back. He can be bitter all he wants. 

Yeah, Paulie's done. At this point, I do think he needs to let sleeping dogs lie. Victor's telling him up front that there's no way in hell that he's using the veto and Paulie still thinks there's a chance. I get Paulie is mad and disappointed that his game is over unless he gets back into the house (and even then, he'd have to win a lot of comps to guarantee safety) but he has to know that it's a lost cause now. 

The downfall of Paulie has been DELICIOUS this week. One of his many problems is he's never been told NO before. He has no idea how to handle not getting his way. None. He can't even comprehend it. That's what is leading to his extreme reaction to losing Z and being on the block this week. He's a tool. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I remember Vanessa had to polish the armor last season, but who wore the armor?  I remember Vanessa shoveling the triscuits in as she half-asses the polishing all night.  For some reason she was on the floor while the armor wearer slept on a bed. 

Jackie wore the suit of armor last year.  

Judging from the shade that has been being thrown at Paulie during the "In Case You Missed It" recaps they scroll during BBAD, I'd have to agree that he is no longer Production's Pet.

• Love 1

Thank you to those pointing out flashback times and cameras to watch; it's been extremely helpful!

Via flashback, I hear that Polly suddenly has an aunt with cancer. This is the first I've heard of this. Anyone else?

Various fans are trying to get Production to start the pie baking on Twitter; if anyone is on Twitter, check out #WeWantPie. (Baking pies is much easier than kicking soccer balls.)

• Love 5

I guess we missed some of Paulie's poor behavior on the feeds and show. From Joker's Updates:

Corey to Nicole: Man, Paulie blew our game up. Nicole: No James did. Corey: No, Paulie did... If Paulie didn't do all that stuff, -then James wouldn't have ever done that. 

Nicole: That's true, so, really it's Paulie's fault. 

Corey: Yeah. I knew his mouth was going to get us in trouble at some point. 

Nicole: I know, I felt bad the things he talked about James, but I do think James blew us up too. 

Corey: Well, James did because of Paulie. 

Nicole: But James was going to blind side us on DE night... I don't care, he could have told us. James was mad about the fake boobs comment. 

Corey: You didn't see It all though, James told Paulie to calm down and that Paulie was scaring people, because he was. Like, It was honestly scary, Paullie was freaking out. 

Nicole: See? I didn't see that..

Corey: Yeah, It was bad. It was aggressive. Overly aggressive. If I was a girl, I would have been scared. I thought he was going to get called In the DR and get evicted for hitting Michelle with the door. 

Nicole: Crap. If I saw everything, I would have felt different... James was just going to blindside us. 

Corey: Paulie was blowing up the entire time. 

Nicole: Ah crap, now I feel bad. 

Corey: If Paulie just shut his mouth, I don't know If James would have ever done that. 

Edited by NeelyOh
  • Love 7

Heh, the funny thing is Corey is totally wrong, James was always going to blindside them. But it was still all Paulie's fault, just not that particular behavior.  And damn, I wish I could have seen the "worst" of Paulie's behavior. 

• Love 3

The other day it occurred to me that sometimes Nicole's voice sounds like Victoria Jackson's (the old SNL cast member who lost her mind and started political blogs and podcasts full of conspiracy theories.) Now I can't get that out of my mind every time I hear Nicole talk. 

• Love 6

I can't believe that Paulie has asked Natalie not to leave him a mean good-bye message. If I was her I'd have said "No problem. I'll leave you the same kind of message you'd leave me." Oh how the mighty have fallen...couldn't have happened to a more deserving person. Good riddance, dickhead!

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Sara2009 said:

So, what was the nature of the James and Natalie argument about Cory? I haven't seen many details.

What I got from it was that she heard James and Corey talking about partying it up when they get out and she didn't like that James would choose that where she wants to first see family friends.  I think she thought James was trying to "bro" it up with Corey.  She turned it back on James asking if he would like if Nat chose to party with her girls when the season is over.

Big Brother gave Paulie knives and he is demonstrating how to slit a wrist.

"I only committed to one a day"

:rolleyes: at BB compromising with his crybaby ass57b125594bf128.13947175_r.png

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, NeelyOh said:

I guess we missed some of Paulie's poor behavior on the feeds and show. From Joker's Updates:

Corey to Nicole: Man, Paulie blew our game up. Nicole: No James did. Corey: No, Paulie did... If Paulie didn't do all that stuff, -then James wouldn't have ever done that. 

Nicole: That's true, so, really it's Paulie's fault. 

Corey: Yeah. I knew his mouth was going to get us in trouble at some point. 

Nicole: I know, I felt bad the things he talked about James, but I do think James blew us up too. 

Corey: Well, James did because of Paulie. 

Nicole: But James was going to blind side us on DE night... I don't care, he could have told us. James was mad about the fake boobs comment. 

Corey: You didn't see It all though, James told Paulie to calm down and that Paulie was scaring people, because he was. Like, It was honestly scary, Paullie was freaking out. 

Nicole: See? I didn't see that..

Corey: Yeah, It was bad. It was aggressive. Overly aggressive. If I was a girl, I would have been scared. I thought he was going to get called In the DR and get evicted for hitting Michelle with the door. 

Nicole: Crap. If I saw everything, I would have felt different... James was just going to blindside us. 

Corey: Paulie was blowing up the entire time. 

Nicole: Ah crap, now I feel bad. 

Corey: If Paulie just shut his mouth, I don't know If James would have ever done that. 

There was NO reason to block that. No one was talking about production or singing.  Irritates the fuck out of me.  It is power trip and insulting to the feeders. 

• Love 4

So show him the door and cancel any payments he may have gotten for playing. Done.

ETA - So does the pie have to be made from scratch, flour, eggs, etc? Or does he get pre-made crust, etc.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 15