Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Seeing Double

A fitness enthusiast who's addicted to nasal spray wants Paul to fix her nose, while a woman with deflated boobs comes to Terry for help.  Also: The doctors meet the world's "most identical twins."

Those twins need to check in on planet Earth - their world is so narrow and seems to consist of them feeding off each others....energy?  I was more annoyed than I can remember in a long time; I couldn't deal with their speaking in unison.  I feel mean saying this, but their facial surgery didn't do them any favors.   Their makeup/hair and outfits were so dated looking - straight out of the 90's.  

No way is that dancer 28 years old.  When I first say her, I would say she was pushing 40.  I didn't care about her boobs, so I bailed on her story.

Really, doctors?  Discussing whether you fart in front of your significant others?  Grow up!

• Love 2

I'm sorry but I'm calling BS on the "we only wear our clothes once" twins. They made my head hurt.

1 hour ago, patty1h said:

I feel mean saying this, but their facial surgery didn't do them any favors.

I absolutely agree. They didn't always think the same. At least with that red fringe dress, one of them initially said she liked it until the other said she didn't. Then they both hated it. PS: If you hold up two drinks to see if they are identical, it's always going to be ever so slightly off. I think they are just dreadful to have for waiters and waitresses.

Dr. Terry is just gross, today's fart conversation and the FUPA discussion a few weeks ago.

Why was that woman addicted to nose spray? I must have missed that part of her intro.

I hated the vapid "most identical" twins.

I am incredulous about that nasty stripper/dancer wanting her boobs fixed so she could become a real estate agent. For starters, how would anyone know if she's wearing a bra under her clothes and secondly, she looked like a tramp with all those tattoos and pieces of metal in her face. Yeah, good luck finding clients looking like that.

• Love 3

I was most impressed with this nose surgery than I have been with possibly any other featured on the show. I know it's still swollen at the reveal at the end, but I found it fit her face so well and was such an improvement. As far the exotic dancer, I was also shocked that she was "only" 28. I thought at least 7-8 years older! She just looked so weathered and the tattoos are not her friend. Neither was her hair and I was relieved she got it cut.

As far as the twins - sigh. I don't think they learned anything. The most disturbing to me was talking about getting pregnant at the same time. I assume their cycles are alligned (they wouldn't have it any other way), so if one was pregnant could the other even get pregnant in time for them to be in sync? What if one couldn't conceive? I'd fear for the fetus the other was carrying, that's for sure.

• Love 2

This week's nose job was probably one of the best Paul has done on the show.

I had to laugh when the annoying twins were dress shopping and the clerk said, "Welcome to Kyle By Alene Too".  Just how much did Kyle Richards pay to get a plug?  Or did she get free botox for shutting down her store for filming for a day?

• Love 4

I agree about the nose job results. It's especially impressive considering how damaged her nose was to start with. All those pieces of bone he removed, oy. Also, Her husband was a little creepy with the hardass trainer routine.

I'm kind of in the same situation > car accident 40 years ago > cartilage surgically implanted > now shrunk and/or migrated > partially collapsed nasal passages > mouth breather. I don't do Crossfit (or any other strenuous workouts!) and get by with Breathe Right strips for sleeping.

It's gotten really easy to tell which patient will be the one turned down in each episode.

• Love 1

Nose spray lady's nose looked amazing. And she's in amazing shape, but I thought her husband was her son for almost the entire episode. I'm not sure how I missed that they were married in the beginning.

The twins were just ridiculous. I have no tolerance for stuff like that--the simultaneous speaking, the insistence on everything being exactly the same, etc. And I hate to break it to them, but one twin had what looked like a bald patch starting on the front part of her hairline on one side. Yes, I'm mean.

• Love 5

I also thought the nose lady was the guy's mother-looks like a significant age difference. I found it hard to believe boob lady was 28, and that she worked as an exotic dancer with her deformed chest. She said she always covered up with her hair but don't guys want to see the goods at stripper places?

The twins need help. It's not going to be possible to live your entire life in tandem and it seems exhausting and boring to try. Imagine never being able to read a book, eat a cookie or go out with a friend without another person agreeing to do the same. And they looked unattractive with the puffy lips. 

56 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I found it hard to believe boob lady was 28, and that she worked as an exotic dancer with her deformed chest. She said she always covered up with her hair but don't guys want to see the goods at stripper places?

I wondered how she managed to keep her hair covering her deflated breasts while on the pole, but I thought she worked at that place with worn-out looking strippers that was featured on Real Housewives of Atlanta.

1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

It's not going to be possible to live your entire life in tandem and it seems exhausting and boring to try.

Hell, what about the guy who is willing to date not one but TWO of those exhausting girls? He's got to be a whole lotta twisted to attempt that. If it is really true.

After Busted Stripper went to all that trouble to get her boobs fixed, I noticed she got an additional chest tattoo below that huge name. Why even? 

Nose job Lady has been married to her husband for 17 years. I wonder if he married her for the business opportunity to open a gym together. She seems nice and all but a bit of a doormat and really, that pig nose was distracting. It did turn out great in the end.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

After Busted Stripper went to all that trouble to get her boobs fixed, I noticed she got an additional chest tattoo below that huge name. Why even? 

I noticed that too. Although, she did remove the throat piercing (I had to pause and look close to see it was in her skin). Maybe I'm just super conservative but all face tattoos scream "poor life choices" at me. The throat and neck tattoos do the same.

• Love 3

That was the best nose job we've seen.  Trading in the mess she had for a tiny scar - no contest. 

There is not enough shut up in the world for those hideous twins.  I enjoyed watching their faces fall when Terry told them all of the ways they were not identical.  Unfortunately I can see them turning that into a reason for more terrible surgery.  One of them will get a small chin implant, etc.  Of course they've already had so much filler in their lips they are hard to look at  I could really do without seeing these types of cases.  From the first word, you know they're the rejected patients of the week.  Giving them camera time only feeds their desire to be the center of attention. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Why was that woman addicted to nose spray? I must have missed that part of her intro.

I hated the vapid "most identical" twins.

I am incredulous about that nasty stripper/dancer wanting her boobs fixed so she could become a real estate agent. For starters, how would anyone know if she's wearing a bra under her clothes and secondly, she looked like a tramp with all those tattoos and pieces of metal in her face. Yeah, good luck finding clients looking like that.

She couldn't breathe without using nasal spray.  It's surprisingly easy to become dependent on those sprays, to where you can't breathe without using it. Agreed that it was the best nose job I've ever seen, on this show and anywhere.  Bravo, Paul Nassif!

I got the impression that stripper wanted new boobs so that she could make more $$ and higher-end strip clubs so that she could retire sooner to do real estate work.  I think she got more tattoos after her surgery to help to cover up her stretch marks. 

As for the twins, yeah to what everybody else said. 

Edited by suzeecat
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I got the impression that stripper wanted new boobs so that she could make more $$ and higher-end strip clubs so that she could retire sooner to do real estate work.  I think she got more tattoos after her surgery to help to cover up her stretch marks. 

That's what I think happened, too.

It's been said before, but they did a great nose job on that other woman.

• Love 1

I too laughed when Terry outlined all the ways they already looked UN-identical ("hey, that wasn't in our script!")  I too had no fear that they'd actually operate on them.  And the shame of it is, they probably COULD get those long breast scars revised (and the forehead scar on one of them that they never addressed at all), except no good doctor is going to want to touch the crazy.  

One thing came up in this episode or the one before it -- Terry was talking about fixing somebody's breasts so that they didn't fall into her armpits... but isn't that what actual breasts DO when you're lying on your back?  Has he looked at bolt ons for so many years that he doesn't even know what breasts do naturally?  I rewinded to see if the woman's breasts were somehow weirdly sucked up into her armpits or something, but they weren't.  Just barely off center, in fact. 

• Love 1

I will not watch the "whackjob" segments any more.  I'm tired of living dolls, celebrity look-alike wannabees, freaks and weirdos.  I won't give them a moment of my attention, though I know they crave it.  And it gives me a few more minutes to watch another show.  Fame whores are so tedious!  And again with the boobs!  HATE that grown women use the word "boobs." If they have to discuss their ugly-ass inflated mammaries, say breast implants.

• Love 3

Ugh! I also hate the word boobs. It sounds so.... uncouth ?

My husband barely watches this from the background, and this time he walked past me and said, "it's always the same. They insult each other, help 2 people, and showcase a freak." 

I love this show but it could use a little nip and tuck here and there.

• Love 4

I fast forward through the reveals. A quick look at the finished product is good enough for me. And the stupid "my family and I have a meaningful conversation for the camera about how this surgery Will Change My Life" scenes that they were doing but seem to have backed off of.

• Love 3

You don't believe the I decided to meet you and a camera crew for lunch to discuss how I found these wonderful doctors who are going to help me and they just happen to have a TV show conversations are totally organic?  Much like people heal for a month and somehow don't see the family they live with.   

• Love 6
(edited)

Yeah, these staged reveals are getting to be too much for me as well. Who the hell would throw a party for the sole reason of showing off your latest plastic surgery?

ETA: That was a rhetorical question. :-)

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 3
(edited)

I can totally believe that stripper was 28 years old--about 15 years ago!  And those twins, oh my.  So their breasts weren't identical?  Then quit looking at each other naked and keep your damn clothes on. Grown sisters wanting to look alike, undress together and sleep with the same man at the same time--creepy!  I just think each one is a narcissist who used the other as her own private 24-hour-a-day mirror.  Too bad that egg actually split in utero, because they seem like they would be perfectly happy conjoined.  I loved the look on their faces when Dr. Dubrow told them that they are not perfectly identical--well worth the excruciating time it took to get to that point in the show.  He has more patience for that idiocy than I ever would.

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 2

Those twins made me want to take a nose dive out my window. 

I love tattoos and have them myself but I think the neck and chest tattoo might be a hindrance in the real estate market. I'm not a patron of strip clubs but are heavily tattooed dancers sought after?  

The nose lady looked better and I could tell she felt better. I'm with y'all, I thought she was that guys mother not wife. Of course, the cynic in me thinks she's more of a sugar momma funding his crossfit dream. 

• Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 2:47 AM, 4leafclover said:

And those twins, oh my.  So their breasts weren't identical?  Then quit looking at each other naked and keep your damn clothes on. Grown sisters wanting to look alike, undress together and sleep with the same man at the same time--creepy!  I just think each one is a narcissist who used the other as her own private 24-hour-a-day mirror.  Too bad that egg actually split in utero, because they seem like they would be perfectly happy conjoined.  I loved the look on their faces when Dr. Dubrow told them that they are not perfectly identical--well worth the excruciating time it took to get to that point in the show.  He has more patience for that idiocy than I ever would.

I can't help but wonder if he said that to mess with them for wasting his time. I wouldn't be surprised if they ran straight to another plastic surgeon to "fix" the differences Dubrow pointed out! ha ha

• Love 4
On June 26, 2016 at 10:38 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Those twins made me want to take a nose dive out my window. 

I love tattoos and have them myself but I think the neck and chest tattoo might be a hindrance in the real estate market. I'm not a patron of strip clubs but are heavily tattooed dancers sought after?  

The nose lady looked better and I could tell she felt better. I'm with y'all, I thought she was that guys mother not wife. Of course, the cynic in me thinks she's more of a sugar momma funding his crossfit dream. 

I always worked in dingy little clubs with heavily tattooed women, because all you had to do was show up looking clean and youthful to make great money.   Some of them did ok, but not big money.  That woman was 28?  When, during the Clinton administration?    She could make money in webcam because of an unlimited audience of people into tattoos, but she was pretty rough looking.

• Love 2
On 6/26/2016 at 10:38 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I love tattoos and have them myself but I think the neck and chest tattoo might be a hindrance in the real estate market.

She talked about flipping houses. I didn't get the impression she was going to rent an office at her local ReMax branch. She was probably going to get her broker's license (which generally requires classes and testing) and would therefore be able to list and sell the houses she buys and flips with her dad, who she mentioned works in construction.

I work in commercial real estate as a marketing assistant. I'm not a licensed broker. I am tattooed and pierced, but everything's mostly hidden with everyday clothing.

I have a hell of a lot more ethics and scruples than the brokers I work for and with, regardless of the markings on and piercings in my body.

• Love 2