Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Windstruck

• Start Topic

I hate to side with David Silver in anything, but I feel he has a right to be annoyed at the end of this episode. But the solution is quite simple: just break up with the ditzy blonde. You don't seem to like her much, she's not gonna sleep with you and her parents are a nightmare. There are other girls out there that you can be an asshole to, and a couple of them might even "do the wild thing" with you (spoiler). Anyway, what really bothers me most is that Donna doesn't even seem to want sex - it's fine that she decided to wait and all that, but doesn't she get horny ever? It seems like she only wants to bone David to thank him for not breaking up with her. And that's not really something to be grateful for.

(edited)

Ian Ziering seems to be the only one actually having fun being an actor.

ETA: I think my friends and I learned that "in bed" game from this show. And might have played it a few times. Because our fifteen year old selves were so skilled in sex.  I hate myself. 

Edited by CicelyAlaska
  • Love 1

Sarah: It's not LIKE any of those things. It IS those things... It's not. a metaphor.

Me: clamping a hand over my mouth so I don't spit out my smoothie all over my keyboard.

That was a close one. LOL. That made me laugh so hard. (And it's so freaking true.)

• Love 1

I knew a LOT of girls in hs and freshman year of college who swore they'd wait until marriage for sex.  Most were "technically" virgins but did everything else (as Sarah has implied).  This "sexless Donna" is really annoying... it's like she has no drive or desire for David.  Later on, doesn't she lie naked with Ray and then is surprised she he doesn't like her putting the breaks.  Seriously- even the most chaste girl I knew gave hand jobs. 

They should have given him a side piece instead.  That would have been some soapy fun-- like a girl from the radio station.

• Love 1

I got a very Blanche DuBois vibe from the Kelly clip you played. "I have always depended on the kindness of the Santa Anas." Which I guess is also being drunk but where's the accent come from?

My mom was 100% ashamed of me when someone else told her I had premarital sex. She was ashamed of me, thought I was going to Hell, and thought I had broken some trust between the two of us (I never made any promises-it was assumed).  If I had gotten drunk at the prom, she would have insisted I take whatever punishment the school rightfully doled out and added her own on top of it.   I definitely wouldn't have had one last carefree summer before college if she had allowed me to go away to college at all.  She basically was Felice but without the extramarital affair.  I can almost identify with Donna yet she still annoys me with the whole almost got caught and I'm changing my mind because my parents don't want me to have sex although I was completely on board a few minutes ago inability to make my own decision BS.  I'm on board with the theory she might belong on the short bus.  

• Love 1

Donna's happy face is creepy. Donna and Kelly going into baby voice is creepy.

To be fair on David, Dr. Martin does watch a sex tape with David and Clare and I dunno seemed like he enjoyed. He loves a little D from Silverado. 

(edited)

Yeah I agree with @Nanna. I gotta side with David. The problem is that Donna keeps on hinting that they will do it instead of saying outright that she wants to wait until marriage and then she acts like she doesn't notice it. Like you can see how annoyed he is. All because everyone knows that they aren't doing it and then 2 years together. Thank god they aren't together next season. It is such a bad story line. Gotta agree with Tara as well that it feels like Donna has mentally aged backwards and it is like this continues for ever and ever with that stupid giggle and that stupid whispering.

Like you can tell eventually that something has to give and that David will cheat on her, it is pretty obvious (Aware that it happens but you can tell that it will)

Move out David and save yourself!!!

Shut up Brandon. Shut up Andrea, Shut up Dylan and Shut up Kelly.

To be fair though on Brandon, the 'In Bed' game was a game that we played a lot when we were younger. 

Edited by SoupThrower
7 hours ago, SoupThrower said:

To be fair though on Brandon, the 'In Bed' game was a game that we played a lot when we were younger. 

Same! I hate ever defending him, but one thing about that scene at dinner is that it was a good reminder these are still a bunch of dopey teenagers. Heck if he hadn't graduated early David would still be in high school! 

Donna sucks and pulls her cocktease routine with every guy. She did it to David twice. Then she gets drunk one night and tries to fuck Ray with her insipid strip tease. THEN she tries to have sex with Joe only to find out he's a big old virgin too. 

Shit or get off the pot, woman, goddamn! And Felice is so fucking gross. In the episode after Donna and David finally do it, she's picking up birth control at the pharmacy and Felice "catches" her. She's like 23 years old at that point and still has to have Kelly claim the pills are for her? SO STUPID. 

(edited)
19 hours ago, maxineofarc said:

HOW is Kelly's awful infantilizing baby voice getting WORSE as we go along?

It gets progressively worse every season because her baby voice is her sexytime voice.  It's so much worse when she dates Brandon next season.

Edited by Earmuffs Mom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Didn't Steve school Brandon on the rules of sports and student athletes in season one... where Steve said there are a bunch of kids who transfer from other schools as part of the Integrated Learning Program.  That's when Brandon yelled at that cute guy for having the nerve to ask for an extension on  a project and not revealing that he transferred because his dad worked for the library. 

I've listened to that beat-down at least 4 times... it's my favorite scene ever, followed by "what makes you so damn irresistible?"

14 hours ago, SoupThrower said:

To be fair on David, Dr. Martin does watch a sex tape with David and Clare and I dunno seemed like he enjoyed. He loves a little D from Silverado. 

This needed a trigger warning on it... I seriously laughed out loud in my quiet open office environment- had to turn that into a cough.

(edited)

Oh and, "I'm not going to take my antihistamine tonight" is the sort of come-on my husband of 18 years might use, on par with, 'Hey, I just emptied the dishwasher.'  Because we've been together 20 years, have three kids and romance is all about practicality at this point. It is NOT what horny teens and/or young lovers coo at each other. Sounds like a line Aaron cribbed from Candy. <<<<------Inadvertently picturing the Spellings "getting used to Gainesville" ... All together now, EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. A million times, ewwww.

Edited by STOPSHOUTING
  • Love 4

If it's a take home exam...wouldn't cheating be impossible? Like that would be the point. I remember my freshman year for macro the prof saying "none of you have an excuse to get lower than a B....use the materials, notes, library, talk to each other, ect."

at that point a lightbulb flickered above my head and I asked a couple of other students to work on it together/divide up the questions so we could x it out fast then pooled the answers. I mean wouldn't that be the logical thing many do in those exams.

Not only that but Brandon has no idea if Deshawn hit the material hard or got another tutor, help from a friend or gf or what. He just assumes he's not intelligent when it was established Deshawn was merely lazy. The thing that also irritates me is Brandon is so offended that Deshawn doesn't have academic integrity. He goes to a big state school. There are probably many people who cheat or buy papers or do much less ethical things. So calm the fuck down with your self righteous crusade. The world is not going to be righted if you expose Deshawn and Prof Randall. He had no proof and no one likes blackmailers & snitches. It doesn't even impact him if the guy cheats or not, doesn't diminish his grade, they aren't vying for a scholarship or class ranking, why the fuck does he care so hard?

And he calls Steve an idiot and bitches how hard it is being friends with someone so stupid....Shut the hell up Brandon you prig. 

• Love 1

"Finally got to meet Gramma Rose." "Asked Gramma Rose for seconds..." "Gramma Rose is feeling lonely... " "Hey sweetie... Gramma Rose got a shave and a haircut..." "Gramma Rose needs her calcium ... " "Y'wanna come over and feed Gramma Rose some applesauce?"

I'll show myself out.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

If it's a take home exam...wouldn't cheating be impossible? Like that would be the point. I remember my freshman year for macro the prof saying "none of you have an excuse to get lower than a B....use the materials, notes, library, talk to each other, ect."

at that point a lightbulb flickered above my head and I asked a couple of other students to work on it together/divide up the questions so we could x it out fast then pooled the answers. I mean wouldn't that be the logical thing many do in those exams.

Nah you can get pinged for cheating. A lot of people have before and gotten 0's from where I studied. They give you a selection of what to use by collision and stuff can be easily found and noticed. 

Colleges are savvier. 

The Joe thing is such a cop out. Basically like "Oh hey I'm ready to sleep with you. Oh you're a virgin! Nevermind!" 

Like this "My mother doesn't run my life" thing she said like two seasons ago doesn't even exist at all. 

15 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

And he calls Steve an idiot and bitches how hard it is being friends with someone so stupid....Shut the hell up Brandon you prig. 

I don't know why Brandon butted in on this, except for the fact that he gets to be all self-righteous.  But later on, doesn't Ohndrea actually WRITE a paper for Steve and everyone just chuckles.  I guess cheating is ok as long as it is in The Gang. 

Also, if Randall suspected Brandon and Lucinda are hooking up, wouldn't it be best for him to drop Brandon as the special tutor-- make up some excuse so he can give distance? 

Steve is a freaking bone-head, no questions asked. However, this is something Rush should be able to help him with (wasn't he in that stupid frat?)

Just listened to the podcast on this and was literally cackling out loud at the "consumption of birth control pills" bit. "NOM NOM NOM...a low-calorie snack!...I have consumed so many I am causing spontaneous abortions in the people around me, like a gravity well!" DYING.