Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

You act as if Yolanda hasn't had her say. She's had her say. She took her say and bulldozed right over the Housewives, viewers, crew members and her own medical advocate with it. She then drew a line in the sand and double dog dared anyone to cross it or disagree with her. As a relatively intelligent person, I listened to her 'say' and rejected it as many others have.

When was the last time you were persuaded to change you mind by someone trying to cram their beliefs down your throat like corn down a foie gras duck's throat? Didn't you take all the information provided and make up your own adult mind? A thoughtful, medically smart individual might be persuasive, but Yolanda is neither. She's a all about herself and what you do TO her. Her illness makes her untouchable in her mind. Well, I call hogwash and BS.

Bravo is promoting medical quackery by having her on the show and that isn't good for anyone involved.

I dislike Yolanda every time she opens her lying one foot parasitic tongue.

Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep, and yep.

• Love 6
On 4/27/2016 at 0:05 PM, Jel said:

If Lisa V is so manipulative then why couldn't she fib her way to the kind of apology that Eileen so desperately wanted? She's tried about 18 different versions (at least 3 last night) and looked, to me anyway, genuinely clueless about what to say or do -- like she sincerely didn't understand what Eileen was asking for.  Isn't chapter one in the Manipulator's Handbook knowing how to read people and then giving them what they want (as a precurser to get them to do your bidding)?

She's manipulative, but just not very good at it?  

You hit the nail on the head!

• Love 5
(edited)

I think it's time to put the credit for Lyme taking over this season where it belongs.  On the other wives.  Honestly, yes, Yolanda mentioned it in passing, mostly about how she was feeling or whatever.  It's the other wives that made it THE story, really the only story this season.

Yolanda was rarely even on camera.  She didn't even go to Dubai, yet Dubai became all about Lyme, AGAIN, for just one example, but you can pick any episode really, that's all the talked about, Yolanda was rarely around.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 4/27/2016 at 1:15 PM, Straycat80 said:

She made an ass out of herself by trying to blame LVP on encouraging her to say Munchhausen.

Rinna's "Who, me?" bullshit has turned this into a story arc worthy of "The Miracle Worker" -  LVP going Annie Sullivan on poor little LisaR Helen Keller -- demanding that the deaf and blind Rinna (that part works seamlessly well)  grapple with the real world of medical disorders -  SPELL IT OUT IN MY HAND! Mmmmm!  Uuuuu!  Nnnnn! Ceeee! *H*A*U*S*E*N! GOOD GIRL! TEACHER LOVES LISAR HELEN!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Umbelina said:

I dislike the other wives for cramming the LYME story down our throats constantly. 

Honestly, if only Yolanda had discussed it, I doubt it would have taken more than 25 minutes of total screen time.  They all wanted to avoid their own issues though, so we got stuck with "all Lyme all the time."  With minor short breaks to gossip about Kim.  Even the attack on Lisa was based on LYME.

Eileen, I believe after the apology at LVP's said she wanted to have a conversation.  So why not say that instead of saying she was good.  It takes two to be dismissive.  One to be so and the other to accept.  There is a lot of it that goes on RHOBH, Yolanda with condescension and inability or unwillingness to listen to what was being said or had been said. 

To me it wasn't about Lyme Disease, even at the Reunion, Kyle reiterated that no one has doubted Yolanda has Lyme Disease, it was more about the interactions between the women and communication.  Lyme may have been a vehicle to highlight the various personalities but it was never truly discussed by the women just Yolanda's "inconsistencies".   Just as the Eileen's ire had little to do with the affair comment but according to Eileen LVP being dismissive.  I still can't figure out how one can be dismissive and manipulative at the same time.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Umbelina said:

I think it's time to put the credit for Lyme taking over this season where it belongs.  On the other wives.  Honestly, yes, Yolanda mentioned it in passing, mostly about how she was feeling or whatever.  It's the other wives that made it THE story, really the only story this season.

Yolanda was rarely even on camera.  She didn't even go to Dubai, yet Dubai became all about Lyme, AGAIN, for just one example, but you can pick any episode really, that's all the talked about, Yolanda was rarely around.

Yolanda was in every episode except one.  I think she had far more screen time than Eileen.  She took every opportunity in every scene to talk about her illness and her fake marriage up until the final episode.  David was the non-Ken husband this year with the most screen time and he was pretty close to tied with Ken by season's end.  Yolanda never stopped talking about her health and how she was feeling and how the others weren't good friends and supportive. 

• Love 18

The BEST way for anyone to handle Yolanda is by totally ignoring her. Don't ponder whether she's sick or not. Don't discuss her children, either positively or negatively. Don't question her marital situation, living situation, or friendships. When she starts complaining, because you know she will, shut her down with a polite, "I want to be respectful and not intrude on your privacy." Not being in the spotlight would be the WORST thing that could happen to Yo, and would be worse than any effects (real or imagined) of Lyme disease she had.

• Love 23

Bah, Snappy, then she'd complain that you didn't visit her enough, enquire after her health enough, like a real friend would!  I think it's all basically down to this -- it's Yolanda's world, only she knows the rules. If you are doing it right, she'll let you know; and if you are doing it wrong, she'll let others know.

• Love 15

As a mother....and I'm serious here......would you want your child diagnosed over the phone? And then feed them bags full of supplements that aren't FDA approved? Wouldn't you be worried about your childs health ? Wouldn't you want to KNOW what they were swallowing? No way in HELL would I let this happen to my kids. There seeing a REAL doctor. 

Of course, this is a woman who's so "proud" of her kids........because there FAMOUS......not because there just, you know,her kids.......And no daughter of mine better be taking off all her clothes for a photo! That may be fame in this day and age but it's trashy to me. You're famous for showing your boobs. Big deal. Strippers do it every day and I have more respect for them.

And,yes, I do believe she has not only Munchaushausens but the By Proxy. Why else is she claiming all THREE of her kids have lyme? More attention that's why.

• Love 8

You would think by now Eileen would have gained the wisdom not to have expectations that others will have her same perceptions and sensitivities. She must go through live feeling offended a lot if she hasn't learned that if you assume to understand people's intent and actions you will be mistaken 99% of the time and waste a lot of time miserable.

• Love 15

Manipulative?

In a strange way, you can manipulate a situation by acting stupid/being dismissive?

By NOT 'fessing up or acting like you don't know what is going on, you just allow the situation to move along in the direction it's going to go.

Lisa, by not giving a 'proper apology' to Eileen, just allowed the situation to fester. Lisa is not an idiot - she knew what she was doing - or wasn't doing.

An apology to anyone is beneath her station - that is why she apologized for asking too many questions, not FOR asking questions.

• Love 9
(edited)

I swear that the following statement is true and if anyone can tell me how to post from Hulu I will provide it for everyone .

i just got Hulu and watched Yolanda's first reunion . First of all she was ridiculous and didn't listen to anyone and was already calling everyone non supportive but my ears were almost started bleeding over the interaction with her and Kim. She was lecturing Kim about not doing the damn cleanse and  said to  Kim " don't sign up for a reality show if you're not going to show up" . She also was not very kind about Kim's #invisibleillness. She was already talking about her Lyme and how she couldn't read, think or SPEAK ( oh if we were only so lucky). That being said I think her treatments have really taken a toll on her. Yo if you are reading this get your creatine checked I think your kidneys might be a problem.

I'm really hoping that GIgi will be upset that Yolanda got started in this Twitter battle and perhaps talk to Yo about laying off the social media for awhile. And bravo to the brillant poster who posted  that getting involved in a Twitter battle is pretty much the definition of an involved parent. And standing ovation for the poster who said if she was any more involved a restraining order would be needed. 

Edited by Satchels of gold
Spelling as usual
  • Love 18
35 minutes ago, Satchels of gold said:

I swear that the following statement is true and if anyone can tell me how to post from Hulu I will provide it for everyone .

i just got Hulu and watched Yolanda's first reunion . First of all she was ridiculous and didn't listen to anyone and was already calling everyone non supportive but my ears were almost started bleeding over the interaction with her and Kim. She was lecturing Kim about not doing the damn cleanse and  said to  Kim " don't sign up for a reality show if you're not going to show up" . She also was not very kind about Kim's #invisibleillness. She was already talking about her Lyme and how she couldn't read, think or SPEAK ( oh if we were only so lucky). That being said I think her treatments have really taken a toll on her. Yo if you are reading this get your creatine checked I think your kidneys might be a problem.

Since you have to pay for Hulu there is no way to post it here.  I just watched the first season and almost done with the second.  I will go take a look at Yo's first reunion before I continue watching all of them.  It was so much better in the early years.  I find myself even missing Brandi or I should say the way she was until she went over the cliff.  I remember defending her and now remember why. 

Thanks for the heads up.  

What season was her first reunion? 

• Love 5
On April 29, 2016 at 2:55 PM, eurekagirl mOo said:

Not sure who I'm disliking the most. Can not stand Yo and her "illness". Lisar is a mess and an attention hog. Eileen needs to sit down and shut up. I do love LVP and Kyle. Kathryn who?

Isn't every housewife supposed to have an event every year? As an excuse to gather, gossip, and make tv? So we saw Kyle and LVP have dinners and parties. Where was Eileens? Or Rinnas? Or Kathyrn? And we know Yo was excused (cough cough). So looks to me like Kyle and LVP are the only ones "working". Soapy and Sappy,and Sicky sure don't put any energy into it, all they do is show up, cause problems, and demand people apologize to them. Blech

Kathryn had everyone over to her house (I vaguely remember talk about her marble) and Lisar had her birthday dinner where LVP supposedly made the "storyline" comment. Eileen might have had something but there was no drama so we didn't see it. Kristen mentioned hosting a couple of things last season on the NY show, but we didn't see them. It use to be that every gal got an opportunity to have something that was hers each season, but that is kind of falling by the wayside. Heather got nothing last year on the NY show either. I think that if they have a gathering where everyone kind of gets along and has a lot of fun, we don't see it. Why show a dinner party without someone becoming offended? 

• Love 3
On April 27, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Jel said:

If Lisa V is so manipulative then why couldn't she fib her way to the kind of apology that Eileen so desperately wanted? She's tried about 18 different versions (at least 3 last night) and looked, to me anyway, genuinely clueless about what to say or do -- like she sincerely didn't understand what Eileen was asking for.  Isn't chapter one in the Manipulator's Handbook knowing how to read people and then giving them what they want (as a precurser to get them to do your bidding)?

She's manipulative, but just not very good at it?  

Maniupulative people have a very hard time admitting they are wrong. They might apologize for something, but they rarely give the person what they want if they are looking for the maniuplator to actually accept responsibility. We saw this with LVP because she simply couldn't admit that she had done a thing that hurt Eileen. Whe saw that when she did give the apology that Kyle suggested she give, she said later that she didn't actually mean it. No way she is going to admit that she just might have been wrong. Instead she turns it around an it is Eileen's fault for making a big deal about the thing. Manipulators are great at deflecting blame. 

I think that LVP absolutely has many traits associated with a maniupulative person. That is based on what I have seen, but is certainly backed up because it seems like pretty much everyone who ever brushes up against her also finds her to be maniupulative.  Here are a list of the traits, and LVP can check most of these boxes.  The one that sticks out to me the most is the element of her personality that I personally find the most problematic and keeps me from every really getting behind her, and that is her constant need to play the victim. No matter what she is accused of, she always finds a way to try and garner sympathy, usually from the audience. She is the one who is always wronged, but never the one who is wrong. She is going to quit because it is all so hard, but she has actually signed a contract so she isn't really going to quit. But man does she make people worry and feel for her. She lies about it all so easily. No one checked in on her after PR, so there she was alone with no one caring about her. Except for the fact that Kyle did check in on her. When Kyle shows the proof that she did, LVP plays the victim again and says that it is terrible to have a friend who would share private text messages. She isn't the kind of person who would ever do something like that, but is the victim of other people that would. Man, she is good. 

https://www.thewatershedtexas.com/blog/characteristics-of-manipulative-behavior/

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Since you have to pay for Hulu there is no way to post it here.  I just watched the first season and almost done with the second.  I will go take a look at Yo's first reunion before I continue watching all of them.  It was so much better in the early years.  I find myself even missing Brandi or I should say the way she was until she went over the cliff.  I remember defending her and now remember why. 

Thanks for the heads up.  

What season was her first reunion? 

Season 3.

Here is Yolanda's blog from that Season's Reunion.  Tough on the Richards and so full of praise for LVP and Brandi who were so supportive of her during her illness.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-3/blogs/yolanda-h-foster/yolandas-time-on-the-bravo

Here was Kyle's response to Yolanda:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-3/blogs/kyle-richards/i-am-happy-this-season-is-over

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Satchels of gold said:

Dear Lord the entire real housewives franchise is a karma generating machine. If you critize someone for something it's only a matter of time before you exhibit that exact behavoir yourself. 

Check this out, Next time you see someone who has a bug up their fucking ass about some kind of topic, wait for the skeletons to jump out of their closets?

Some of the best examples are the politicians who rail against drugs, sex, religion or ?????? They usually end up in the news after being caught plying the assholery that they are against. All the HWs talk smack about each other, yet seem to forget they are guilty of the same sins?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Season 3.

Here is Yolanda's blog from that Season's Reunion.  Tough on the Richards and so full of praise for LVP and Brandi who were so supportive of her during her illness.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-3/blogs/yolanda-h-foster/yolandas-time-on-the-bravo

Here was Kyle's response to Yolanda:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-3/blogs/kyle-richards/i-am-happy-this-season-is-over

I so wish that Bravo had kept the comments enabled on the blogs. It would be such a hoot to go back and read the viewer comments from these blogs. Yo could do nothing wrong, and Kyle could do nothing right at the time. Kyle received such hate for daring to say that Yo had badmouthed LVP at the time. Even though we literally saw Yo say something bad about LVP in Paris, it was dismissed and Kyle was called the liar. Of course the fact that LVP said she believed Yo over Kyle had a lot do with that, which was the entire point in LVP saying she believed Yo. Make Kyle pay for as long as possible. 

• Love 8
(edited)
On 4/29/2016 at 4:16 PM, Watermelon said:

I personally, question why she lied about never having short hair before when her hair was short before she cut it.

I said earlier she has a weird relationship with words. Normal people would say, "This is the shortest my hair's ever been". Not "Oh I've never had short hair" when their hair was above their shoulders before that.

It is a lie. Is it an insidious one? No. But it's a dumb one. And it's annoying, because my eyes work.

It reminds me of the dodging that Yolanda did over the event she planned that required all of the women to have energy while they ran around Rodeo Dr and Santa Monica Blvd doing that silly scavenger hunt. Yolanda conveniently has enough energy for when she plans an activity and the other women are understandably more than conscious of it. Who plans an activity if there's a 90% chance that you aren't going to be well enough to make it? Yolanda claims that she can barely get out of bed during this period (or flat out says that she hasn't been out of bed) and these are for amounts of time that simply don't add up. LVP brushed up against the skepticism by mentioning the scavenger hunt but nobody was comfortable enough to put it to Yolanda bluntly: Yo has time for what she wants to have time for and anything else she suddenly wants to wave the sick/be sympathetic to me card. Furthermore, she wants the women to ignore the things that don't make sense out of some misguided idea of friendship, but doesn't show that sort of loyalty to the other women. Not from what I've seen. 

Yolanda loves throwing people under the bus. I still remember her tacky ass claiming that Kyle was horrible to her because she didn't go outside to offer her a glass of water. This woman has always been a piece of work. 

Upthread someone commented on how LVP and Kyle are the main ones pulling their weight on the show and it's true. Yes, Erika and Kathryn had low key events at their homes but Kyle and LVP were the main ones who were arranging activities that are the reason people like me watch the show. Dubai was Kyle's idea (whatever machinations happened off screen via production to make the trip happen), Kyle and LVP both had reasons for the women to come to the Hamptons, Kyle gave us a RHNY crossover (I love crossovers in the Bravoverse), LVP had the fun hat party, IIRC LVP and Kyle arranged the moulin rouge night, LVP had the march and PUMP afterwards, Kyle had the non BBQ, etc. 

It's beyond stupid and borderline Fatal Attraction to get so 'enraged', so batshit crazy, as to say she's lying about having short hair. This is why we can't have nice things, like being able to respond directly to the housewives blog posts. 

Yolanda isn't dealing with crazed Fatal Attraction like rage from fans. Is calling her out about her numerous lies and inconsistencies seriously considered to be bunny boiling behavior? There are loads of fans who eat up everything Yolanda has to say and feel that she's an elegant woman who has handled everything well. The negativity that she has to deal with certainly isn't out of proportion to the nonsense that she puts out into the universe. Furthermore, she's a very arrogant woman IMO so I don't see negative posts rattling her at all. I only think they reinforce her feelings of superiority. When Kyle went to the Lyme gala and started going by the script that Yolanda wanted her to follow, suddenly in Yolanda's mind Kyle became this "deep" and thoughtful person. I'm sure that Yolanda thinks that anyone who has the nerve to question her "journey" is hopelessly ignorant and lacking in compassion as opposed to being thoughtful and aware that *multiple* things that she's said simply don't add up.

What's stupid in my opinion is the idea that people who don't ignore Yolanda's hypocrisy, lies, and unpleasant and judgmental attitude are somehow crazy or unhinged for giving their opinions on what they're seeing, hearing, and reading. 

Honestly, if Yolanda can't handle comments about the length of her hair and the inconsistent comments that she has made regarding it then she needs to reconsider whether or not she can handle what comes from participating in social media especially when she's on a high profile show like this. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 23
3 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

It reminds me of the dodging that Yolanda did over the event she planned that required all of the women to have energy while they ran around Rodeo Dr and Santa Monica Blvd doing that silly scavenger hunt. Yolanda conveniently has enough energy for when she plans an activity and the other women are understandably more than conscious of it. Who plans an activity if there's a 90% chance that you aren't going to be well enough to make it? Yolanda claims that she can barely get out of bed during this period (or flat out says that she hasn't been out of bed) and these are for amounts of time that simply don't add up. LVP brushed up against the skepticism by mentioning the scavenger hunt but nobody was comfortable enough to put it to Yolanda bluntly: Yo has time for what she wants to have time for and anything else she suddenly wants to wave the sick/be sympathetic to me card. Furthermore, she wants the women to ignore the things that don't make sense out of some misguided idea of friendship, but doesn't show that sort of loyalty to the other women. Not from what I've seen. 

Yolanda loves throwing people under the bus. I still remember her tacky ass claiming that Kyle was horrible to her because she didn't go outside to offer her a glass of whatever. This woman has always been a piece of work. 

Upthread someone commented on how LVP and Kyle are the main ones pulling their weight on the show and it's true. Yes, Erika and Kathryn had low key events at their homes buy Kyle and LVP were the main ones who were arranging activities that are the reason people like me watch the show. Dubai was Kyle's idea (whatever machinations happened off screen via production to make the trip happen), Kyle and LVP both had reasons for the women to come to the Hamptons, Kyle gave us a RHNY crossover (I love crossovers in the Bravoverse), LVP had the fun hat party, IIRC LVP and Kyle arranged the moulin rouge night, LVP had the march and PUMP afterwards, Kyle had the non BBQ, etc. 

Yolanda isn't dealing with crazed Fatal Attraction like rage from fans. Is calling her out about her numerous lies and inconsistencies seriously considered to be bunny boiling behavior? There are loads of fans who eat up everything Yolanda has to say and feel that she's an elegant woman who has handled everything well. The negativity that she has to deal with certainly isn't out of proportion to the nonsense that she puts out into the universe. Furthermore, she's a very arrogant woman IMO so I don't see negative posts rattling her at all. I only think they reinforce her feelings of superiority. When Kyle went to the Lyme gala and started going by the script that Yolanda wanted her to follow, suddenly in Yolanda's mind Kyle became this "deep" and thoughtful person. I'm sure that Yolanda thinks that anyone who has the nerve to question her "journey" is hopelessly ignorant and lacking in compassion as opposed to being thoughtful and aware that *multiple* things that she's said simply don't add up.

What's stupid in my opinion is the idea that people who don't ignore Yolanda's hypocrisy, lies, and unpleasant and judgmental attitude are somehow crazy or unhinged for giving their opinions on what they're seeing, hearing, and reading. 

Honestly, if Yolanda can't handle comments about the length of her hair and the inconsistent comments that she has made regarding it then she needs to reconsider whether or not she can handle what comes from participating in social media especially when she's on a high profile show like this. 

Just wanted to add that Andy did an AMA (ask my anything) on reddit last year that got thousands of questions. One of them was why did bravo stop the comments on the message boards. It had nothing to do with negative comments.  He explained that Twitter and other social media replaced the need for message boards. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Season 3.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Zoeysmom. I LOVE you for posting these and jogging everyone's memory. I knew that I wasn't misremembering how Yolanda spoke and felt about Kim and her behavior. 

Yolanda can pretend all she wants that she's always the compassionate friend who is open and listens with her heart and would never go after a person who is "suffering" like Kim. She went in on Kim and vice versa. Kim straight up calls Yolanda a liar and continued to have issues with Brandi well after the third season was done. 

It's amazing to me that Yolanda's "trust" issues don't extend at all to Kim considering everything that Kim has said about her in the past. Meanwhile, Kim must remember that there was a time when Yolanda wasn't buying what Kim was selling at all. I guess Kim knows that she need allies if she's going to be back on the show. 

This reunion showed me that Kim desperately wants to be back on the show and I wonder why. She hates opening up her private life, she rarely seems to enjoy the events, she rarely hosts her own events, she doesn't seem to enjoy interacting with new people (and that's something she's frequently had to deal with on this show), she makes it seem like it's a struggle to be around alcohol fueled parties, she admits that doing the show has damaged her relationship with her sister, etc. Apart from the money, which I'm sure is her primary motivation, I don't feel like she gets much positivity out of the show. Kyle on the other hand, the show seems to have improved the quality of her life in multiple ways. 

It's sad to see the difference in how this opportunity of doing the show has worked out for the Richards sisters. Think back to the first season of the show where Kim actually seemed to have hope that she'd start getting acting roles again. It's sad that she's squandered so many opportunities.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 9
49 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I so wish that Bravo had kept the comments enabled on the blogs. It would be such a hoot to go back and read the viewer comments from these blogs. Yo could do nothing wrong, and Kyle could do nothing right at the time. Kyle received such hate for daring to say that Yo had badmouthed LVP at the time. Even though we literally saw Yo say something bad about LVP in Paris, it was dismissed and Kyle was called the liar. Of course the fact that LVP said she believed Yo over Kyle had a lot do with that, which was the entire point in LVP saying she believed Yo. Make Kyle pay for as long as possible. 

I think many sided with Yolanda because of what we all saw/heard. We saw her bad mouth/dismiss LisaV when she was trying to calm down an out of control Kim on their shopping trip. For me, just me, that came across as Yolanda saying things about LisaV to calm Kim down and nothing more, it didn't appear nefarious on her part and I believe that is basically how Yolanda explained it to LisaV and why Lisa believed her over Kyle. In hindsight, it was nefarious but not at the time.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Maniupulative people have a very hard time admitting they are wrong. They might apologize for something, but they rarely give the person what they want if they are looking for the maniuplator to actually accept responsibility. We saw this with LVP because she simply couldn't admit that she had done a thing that hurt Eileen. Whe saw that when she did give the apology that Kyle suggested she give, she said later that she didn't actually mean it. No way she is going to admit that she just might have been wrong. Instead she turns it around an it is Eileen's fault for making a big deal about the thing. Manipulators are great at deflecting blame. 

I think that LVP absolutely has many traits associated with a maniupulative person. That is based on what I have seen, but is certainly backed up because it seems like pretty much everyone who ever brushes up against her also finds her to be maniupulative.  Here are a list of the traits, and LVP can check most of these boxes.  The one that sticks out to me the most is the element of her personality that I personally find the most problematic and keeps me from every really getting behind her, and that is her constant need to play the victim. No matter what she is accused of, she always finds a way to try and garner sympathy, usually from the audience. She is the one who is always wronged, but never the one who is wrong. She is going to quit because it is all so hard, but she has actually signed a contract so she isn't really going to quit. But man does she make people worry and feel for her. She lies about it all so easily. No one checked in on her after PR, so there she was alone with no one caring about her. Except for the fact that Kyle did check in on her. When Kyle shows the proof that she did, LVP plays the victim again and says that it is terrible to have a friend who would share private text messages. She isn't the kind of person who would ever do something like that, but is the victim of other people that would. Man, she is good. 

https://www.thewatershedtexas.com/blog/characteristics-of-manipulative-behavior/

I think manipulation in this regard is a behavior -- not a diagnosis, certainly not any clinical diagnosis of which I am aware (when cited in the DSM it is as a particular behavior in a set of behaviors which comprise a particular personality disorder -- off the top of my head NPD or BPD). I think Lisa is persuasive, influential, an "old girl", bossy, charismatic, competitive and opinionated, but I don't really find anything willfully malicious in her behavior.  (It's almost like "LVP is a manipulator" has become an internet meme now. When she objects to the characterization, it's taken as further evidence of her manipulation. And when her fans object to it, it's evidence of how she's manipulated them!)

As a counter to the examples you cite, I offer up the extensive coaching in "how to apologize, for dummies"  given to Lisa by Kyle. LVP was a remedial student, having to have it explained over and over and having her apology practice attempts edited a few times, and clearly just.not.getting it.  Rather than a diabolical puppet master, she looked a fool.  

I was a little glib in the post you quoted, so I'll be very serious now and say it is rare that I, as an adult, am ever manipulated, and when I am it's because I saw it coming but allowed it to happen or I was too foolish or too inattentive to notice.  I think Lisa and Eileen would feel more empowered if they changed their filters and looked at it like that -- less victim, more participant.  But that's just me.

• Love 10

You CAN manipulate a person by NOT reacting to them.

LisaV can't/won't/is incapable of apologizing - and that makes Eileen crazy. (Again, Eileen hasn't owned her past that is why this bothers her so much.)

What the fuck is so terribly hard about saying, "I am sorry I pried/made you feel uncomfortable/wasn't considerate"? 

No, It has to be something like "I am sorry YOU were put out by my inquisition". And even after she was coached by Kyle, she still couldn't get it out?

Lisa's view of her castmates is pretty simple - she's not on the same plane as these rest of the women, so she doesn't have to deal with them on an equal footing. LVP presents as a woman of class and culture, but lacks some empathy and could use a tad more common sense.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

LisaV can't/won't/is incapable of apologizing - and that makes Eileen crazy. (Again, Eileen hasn't owned her past that is why this bothers her so much.)

What the fuck is so terribly hard about saying, "I am sorry I pried/made you feel uncomfortable/wasn't considerate"? 

No, It has to be something like "I am sorry YOU were put out by my inquisition". And even after she was coached by Kyle, she still couldn't get it out?

Lisa's view of her castmates is pretty simple - she's not on the same plane as these rest of the women, so she doesn't have to deal with them on an equal footing. LVP presents as a woman of class and culture, but lacks some empathy and could use a tad more common sense.

It would have made it easier if Eileen could have settled on what it was she wanted an apology for instead of changing the offense each time an apology was attempted.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Jel said:

I think manipulation in this regard is a behavior -- not a diagnosis, certainly not any clinical diagnosis of which I am aware (when cited in the DSM it is as a particular behavior in a set of behaviors which comprise a particular personality disorder -- off the top of my head NPD or BPD). I think Lisa is persuasive, influential, an "old girl", bossy, charismatic, competitive and opinionated, but I don't really find anything willfully malicious in her behavior.  (It's almost like "LVP is a manipulator" has become an internet meme now. When she objects to the characterization, it's taken as further evidence of her manipulation. And when her fans object to it, it's evidence of how she's manipulated them!)

As a counter to the examples you cite, I offer up the extensive coaching in "how to apologize, for dummies"  given to Lisa by Kyle. LVP was a remedial student, having to have it explained over and over and having her apology practice attempts edited a few times, and clearly just.not.getting it.  Rather than a diabolical puppet master, she looked a fool.  

I was a little glib in the post you quoted, so I'll be very serious now and say it is rare that I, as an adult, am ever manipulated, and when I am it's because I saw it coming but allowed it to happen or I was too foolish or too inattentive to notice.  I think Lisa and Eileen would feel more empowered if they changed their filters and looked at it like that -- less victim, more participant.  But that's just me.

The older I get, the less I feel manipulated. I hope that trend continues.

I know it's not a popular theory, but LVP manipulated her fans after S4. She just did, with little regard for them or their feelings. I would guess that most don't/didn't feel manipulated, but that is what she did, if they worried about her leaving like she kept claiming she might do. I'm not saying all fans, but there was a huge number involved in her Twitter threats. The were ranting, raving, crying, threatening to never watch the show again. Blaming the other girls, hating on them because LVP was leaving, sending them insanely mean Tweets. LVP encouraging fans to Tweet Andy to tell him how they felt. Let him know they wouldn't watch the show without her. Doing interview after interview saying she just didn't know if she could return. I think that many people hate the idea that they have been manipulated, and I think many resist the notion that it is possible.  Maybe they weren't, but if because they trusted her and therefore believed her based on this trust, and she took them for a ride because she knew that she could, then she manipulated them. When she knew all along (and admitted to in an interview before S5) that she had a long-term contact and that she had to return, then what was her justification for worrying her fans so? I'm sure to make sure that Andy and Bravo were aware of how important she was to her fans so that she could win in future negotiations. That was manipulation at it's best. There were a group of us around at the time on TWoP pointing out that it was insane to imagine that LVP was going to leave. She just wasn't. She was a reality TV star at the top of her game. The most beloved HW in the franchise. There was no way she was leaving, but people would argue on and on that LVP said she was leaving, and she wouldn't be talking so dramatically if it weren't true. Yep, she manipulated all those people. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I hate to bring up the Munchausen discussion again, but this question has been bugging me for a while. I don't DVR the show, so I tend to only see an episode once and my memory of what happened isn't all that reliable. But I recall Rinna's initial mention of the M word to Kyle and LVP on-screen was something to the effect of "speaking of Yolanda, I was doing some research on-line and came up with this." It was followed by Rinna casting some meaningful looks at the other two, while not quite saying "don't you think this sounds like it might apply to Yolanda?"  Both Kyle and LVP rejected the suggestion pretty emphatically.

The next time it comes up, Rinna is claiming she felt very bad for engaging in a conversation about Munchausen with some fans or some friends or someone and that is what she raised with Kyle and LVP. From then on, her position was that she never believed Yolanda had Munchausen, she never implied herself that Yolanda might have Munchausen. She just feels very, very, very sorry that she "engaged in a conversation" about it and needs to atone to Yolanda for that.

Which struck me at the time as a pretty odd attempt to re-write history. Odd, because the change in her story was so sudden and contrary to the scene that I had watched, and  the new story didn't even make sense. Why would anyone feel so guilty merely for listening to some random person or people talk about Yolanda?  Why even bring it up? The real problem she had was that she apparently thought up the Munchausen connection all by herself, and was now trying to backtrack to blame it on someone else.

Am I completely delusional? :)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 13

That's pretty much how I remember it, too, Ketzel.  I think Rinna said her hairdresser mentioned the M word and then Rinna, Googler, set to work. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The older I get, the less I feel manipulated. I hope that trend continues.

I know it's not a popular theory, but LVP manipulated her fans after S4. She just did, with little regard for them or their feelings. I would guess that most don't/didn't feel manipulated, but that is what she did, if they worried about her leaving like she kept claiming she might do. I'm not saying all fans, but there was a huge number involved in her Twitter threats. The were ranting, raving, crying, threatening to never watch the show again. Blaming the other girls, hating on them because LVP was leaving, sending them insanely mean Tweets. LVP encouraging fans to Tweet Andy to tell him how they felt. Let him know they wouldn't watch the show without her. Doing interview after interview saying she just didn't know if she could return. I think that many people hate the idea that they have been manipulated, and I think many resist the notion that it is possible.  Maybe they weren't, but if because they trusted her and therefore believed her based on this trust, and she took them for a ride because she knew that she could, then she manipulated them. When she knew all along (and admitted to in an interview before S5) that she had a long-term contact and that she had to return, then what was her justification for worrying her fans so? I'm sure to make sure that Andy and Bravo were aware of how important she was to her fans so that she could win in future negotiations. That was manipulation at it's best. There were a group of us around at the time on TWoP pointing out that it was insane to imagine that LVP was going to leave. She just wasn't. She was a reality TV star at the top of her game. The most beloved HW in the franchise. There was no way she was leaving, but people would argue on and on that LVP said she was leaving, and she wouldn't be talking so dramatically if it weren't true. Yep, she manipulated all those people. 

I have never felt (or been) manipulated by LVP for a second, but I respect the fact that you have a different POV .  Lisa could not manipulate me because honestly, it's a tv show and I just don't care that much, and because I am a cagey mofo, and I will see her coming ;) Persuaded, encouraged, motivated maybe, but that's not manipulation, that's sales. If she's engaging in some shenanigans, it's low level and for my entertainment.  What can I say: tomato, tomato?

( I do also remember being on the wrong side of the popularity of a HW, and it sometimes felt like a pile on to me, I'd think to myself, "for the love of mike, how are all these people so duped by, and making excuses for, this awful woman? " So, if you're feeling at all like that re: LVP, just know, I can relate. )

• Love 17
46 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I hate to bring up the Munchausen discussion again, but this question has been bugging me for a while. I don't DVR the show, so I tend to only see an episode once and my memory of what happened isn't all that reliable. But I recall Rinna's initial mention of the M word to Kyle and LVP on-screen was something to the effect of "speaking of Yolanda, I was doing some research on-line and came up with this." It was followed by Rinna casting some meaningful looks at the other two, while not quite saying "don't you think this sounds like it might apply to Yolanda?"  Both Kyle and LVP rejected the suggestion pretty emphatically.

The next time it comes up, Rinna is claiming she felt very bad for engaging in a conversation about Munchausen with some fans or some friends or someone and that is what she raised with Kyle and LVP. From then on, her position was that she never believed Yolanda had Munchausen, she never implied herself that Yolanda might have Munchausen. She just feels very, very, very sorry that she "engaged in a conversation" about it and needs to atone to Yolanda for that.

Which struck me at the time as a pretty odd attempt to re-write history. Odd, because the change in her story was so sudden and contrary to the scene that I had watched, and  the new story didn't even make sense. Why would anyone feel so guilty merely for listening to some random person or people talk about Yolanda?  Why even bring it up? The real problem she had was that she apparently thought up the Munchausen connection all by herself, and was now trying to backtrack to blame it on someone else.

Am I completely delusional? :)

Originally Rinna said she felt guilty for engaging in outside chatter with others.  The research came up when Rinna said she looked it up after the person said it to her.  Rinna claims it was her hair colorist who made the claim.  The on-line research was after Rinna claimed someone else had said to her in conversation.

Rinna never claimed she was researching and came across Munchausen.  It is odd Rinna would bring it up because they engaged in casual conversation with someone Yolanda didn't even know.  Here is the clip and it picks up after Rinna claims she felt guilty for engaging in the conversation:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/episode-4/videos/lisa-rinna-expresses-concerns-about  I believe Bravo intentionally truncated the clip to mislead viewers as to how the conversation came about and LVP and Kyle's initial reaction.

I agree why would Rinna feels so guilty?  According to LVP after they finished shooting she was outside (on the bridge) fussing about, "what have I done?"  Rinna claims that she felt abandoned by Kyle and LVP because they had questions about Yolanda's and comments Instagram.  When the time came and Yolanda angrily confronted Rinna, both Kyle and LVP defended Rinna against Yolanda's misinformation she had said Munchausen by proxy.  Once again at the Reunion, Yolanda scolded Kyle for not initially defending her.  From watching the clip-I think they both did, claiming Yolanda was sick.  The fact they didn't scream at Rinna for feeling bad about talking about with some random third party made no sense.  Even more bizarre was Erika, the one who demands respect in her home, screaming at Rinna to cough up the name of the person.  What difference would it make-none of them knew the woman. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, AnitaKnight said:

It would have made it easier if Eileen could have settled on what it was she wanted an apology for instead of changing the offense each time an apology was attempted.

By not 'knowing' how to apologize, LVP just gave the whole situation legs and allowed it to fester and change. A fast and dirty, "I am sorry you were offended" would have cut the head off of the snake long before it began to slither about when those two were in each other's company.. Both sides of the argument are kinda lame.  Not being grown up enough to 'own up' to your past is Eileen's problem and LVP has a disconnect with the way she deals with people.

Two needles will never prick each other.

• Love 3

While watching a documentary today, a doctor mentioned "Munchhausen by Internet" which translates into someone displaying a perceived illness through social media. Guess who immediately popped into my mind.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

By not 'knowing' how to apologize, LVP just gave the whole situation legs and allowed it to fester and change. A fast and dirty, "I am sorry you were offended" would have cut the head off of the snake long before it began to slither about when those two were in each other's company.. Both sides of the argument are kinda lame.  Not being grown up enough to 'own up' to your past is Eileen's problem and LVP has a disconnect with the way she deals with people.

She didn't understand why talking about how Eileen met and fell in love with her husband was insensitive, I'm mean for fuck's sake its been nearly 15 years. She did it she talked about it up on screen herself and seemed, at the, time open and accepting of it. That wasn't a problem for her family? What does she think she is getting paid for? Showcasing janky bags, a poorly maintained dusty old grandma  house and denim jumpsuits? She can leave now. Also red lipstick isn't her friend.

6 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

No you can't.

• Love 9

I don't need to watch it. You chose how you act and react. If someone doesn't take your bait well, good for them. It you are devastated by that or let that eat you, it's on you. It's part of maturing and learning how to be content knowing that the only person you can control is yourself. If you expect everyone to behave react or experience things through your prism. You will always be disappointed because they are not you.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

What the heck is she talking about:

Getting a clear diagnosis last week of the inactivity in my left frontal lobe was the best Christmas present I could have ever dreamed of. Obviously anything damaged by an outside organism is scary, but at least it validated that I have not lost my mind and that we now have clarity as to why I have been isolated at home for the past year and a half with a paralyzed brain. I am lucky to have entered a clinical trial which I hope to one day be able to share with you as I am counting on being one of the 70 percent success stories they have had so far.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

"I'm sorry you were offended"? I don't think that would have been acceptable! She'd have to have said, "I'm sorry I offended you" and even that would be borderline . 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Oh God:

Unfortunately, I’ve been down for the count, which has been quite frustrating. While I’ve been having a hard time over the past couple of weeks (and in fact, this blog took me three days to write), I watch Brandi’s house warming party with great personal sentiment because that, sadly, was the absolute only day in 2014 that I felt a spring in my step and enough brain power to speak with a clear train of thought. I made a beautiful speech that night, which unfortunately, you did not get to share.

I'm so sorry Yo that 'we' didn't get to share the beautiful speech you made.  No need to pat you on the back because your hand is already there.  And you're amazing since you only absolutely one good day in 2014.  What a warrior you are for given you had so little brain function.......

• Love 15

LVP starts asking Eileen about how she met Vince.  OK.  Then LVP gets into 'the affair'.  Uncomfortable.  Eileen is caught off guard.  She wants to be pleasant but it's upsetting.  It's not just about her.  It's about her family especially her and Vinnie's son.  It ends.  It starts to irk her.  She feels she should say something to LVP.  She mulls it over for a day or so and decides to do this.  LVP gives her an apology with a chuckle at the end.  LVP doesn't get it.  This irks Eileen.  It's a non apology.  Fast forward to the tea or lunch or whatever it was.  LVP still doesn't get it.  Well, actually, LVP is just not going to admit to being insensitive about someone else's feelings.  LVP doesn't do that.  Eileen wrongly agrees that everything is OK.  It's not.  So it continues to fester with her.  Then finally in Dubai LVP gives the apology that Eileen was expecting.  Of course, Kyle totally got it and had to tell LVP what to say.  Then, LVP goes back to the others and says she didn't mean it.  Tells you a lot about LVP.

Eileen feels vindicated because what pissed her off 'the most' was the insincerity of LVP's apology, not that LVP brought up the 'affair'.  And the end 'apology' proved that.

I think there was much more to this one situation.  It has to do with LVP in general... on the show as well as behind the fourth wall.

Did Eileen handle this all in the right way?  Absolutely not.  I get her point but she handled it badly with dealing with it.

• Love 7
On 5/1/2016 at 0:21 AM, Umbelina said:

Yolanda mentioned it far more than simply "in passing".  She talked about it constantly, and always drew attention to it.  She showed zero interest in talking about anything else.  It was all about her Lyme, her journey, her illness, her suffering.  And of course her decisions as to who was "a real friend", directly related to how much they coddled her because of her Lyme.  Not to mention that she invited cameras into numerous medical procedures.   It was absolutely, IMO, Yolanda who made it the story.  That's exactly what she wanted to do, and that's exactly what she did.

We actually saw a lot of her this season, and this was her entire topic every single time.   (As far as what they talked about in Dubai and anywhere else, we all know that hours & hours are filmed and never used.  I'm quite sure that the other HW's talked about a variety of topics.  What we saw - what we always see - is simply what Bravo decides to show.)

• Love 13
(edited)

Who cares though?  If the other wives hadn't endlessly talked about it, we might have had a decent season.  But they did, and that's pretty much ALL they talked about.  Screw them.  They didn't HAVE to discuss it at every dinner, party, get together, whatever.  They chose to do that, for obvious reasons, to avoid their own "real" lives.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 6

Don't want to beat the lame pony, but 'twas posted earlier that LVP's use of the term "affair" may have been innocent, due to cultural differences between UK & US - BS!  I'm half English, & have spent much time there - "affair" usage in a congenial social setting definitely results in winks & jokes in UK as well as over here.  NO WAY was LVP's usage innocent.  As is her wont, Lisa V intended to shock & hurt Eileen, & was successful.  Bad as I am, I enjoy LVP's often cruel wit, but she's the living definition of a "mean girl" (aka bitch in the UK.)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

Yolanda mentioned it far more than simply "in passing".  She talked about it constantly, and always drew attention to it.  She showed zero interest in talking about anything else.  It was all about her Lyme, her journey, her illness, her suffering.  And of course her decisions as to who was "a real friend", directly related to how much they coddled her because of her Lyme.  Not to mention that she invited cameras into numerous medical procedures.   It was absolutely, IMO, Yolanda who made it the story.  That's exactly what she wanted to do, and that's exactly what she did.

We actually saw a lot of her this season, and this was her entire topic every single time.   (As far as what they talked about in Dubai and anywhere else, we all know that hours & hours are filmed and never used.  I'm quite sure that the other HW's talked about a variety of topics.  What we saw - what we always see - is simply what Bravo decides to show.)

Completely agree. Yo made it her storyline and she kept it going in every scene she was in. The other gals, not so much. The topic of conversation largely became about what the roles of the others was in the Munchies comment. They rarely talked directly about Yo and her illness, just the aftermath with regard to the accusations. Except for Kyle talking about the NY deal when they were in Dubai for about 2 minutes, I don't remember anyone else taking directly about her illness. Do I believe that Yo probably talked about other stuff as well, I would think so. I also think that the other gals talked about a lot of other stuff, but what we saw was the drama involved in the accusations. The real story this season wasn't so much about Yo and her illness with regard to everyone else. It was whether or not LVP is truly the manipulative genius they believe her to be. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I so wish that Bravo had kept the comments enabled on the blogs. It would be such a hoot to go back and read the viewer comments from these blogs. Yo could do nothing wrong, and Kyle could do nothing right at the time. Kyle received such hate for daring to say that Yo had badmouthed LVP at the time. Even though we literally saw Yo say something bad about LVP in Paris, it was dismissed and Kyle was called the liar.  

You can still see that phenomenon on any of the forums if you look back on prior seasons.  But one that really stands out:  a poster over on Survivor Sucks who looooooved Yolanda in her first 2 seasons.  I couldn't stand Yo so I'd sit there scratching my head over why she was so enamored.  I swear, and this might seem silly, but I really believed she was on Yo's payroll - the ass kissing was so great.  Anyway, this season, she says the most disgusting things about her.  I can't even read it.  It's filth.  Even if I hated Yo's guts and her 2 foot long parasite, I wouldn't talk about another human being the way she does. If I cared more, I'd worry about this woman's mental stability.

I think we'll see the same thing happen with Faye if she is featured often, and in the right light, next season.  Full 180.

• Love 3