Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers with Speculation

Seriously though, even if Hoechlin doesn't leave I'd love there to be lots of dog!Derek scenes in S5. There needs to be at least one scene of Scott and Stiles going for a walk in the woods with dog!Derek.

Well, at least that way he'd be part of the main storyline.

@Bruinsfan, I wouldn't worry about that.  It's not like many Sterek fans are going to stick around to watch the show if it gets any more stupid than S4 was.  Look how many fans have already given up on it.  The entire cast can be replaced by puppets at this point and nobody will notice because nobody will be watching.

• Love 1

I don't think I'm prepared for the direction Sterek fandom will be heading in if Shadow replaces Hoechlin as the principal Derek actor.

Archive of our Own is already past there.

I'm hoping that the dissapointment of Season 4 was due to the relatively small amount of time the writers had to make Season 4.  Even if Jeff Davis appears to shrug off criticism, I'm sure he pays attention to the ratings and at least is aware of what a lot of the fans thought were the multiple weak points of the season.

I'm afraid that I've got no official source for these spoilers (it's all coming in tweets and tumblr form) but Jeff was at London Comic Con this weekend and apparently he dropped some significant teases for S5.

Just summing up the main ones here...  

1) Jeff confirmed that they are trying to get Issac and possibly Ethan back. I guess they may have the opportunity to work around Daniel's schedule on The Originals.

2) Jeff also dropped a lot of his heavy hints about romantic possibilities of Stiles/Lydia happening in S5 and even asked fans how they'd like to see them get together.

3) A fan asked about LGBT characters and Jeff said there would be more in S5. Take with a grain of salt as always. 

4) S5 will be set in Scott's senior year and Jeff has heavily implied that S5 will be the final season. 

Also, not really a TW spoiler, but Dylan starts filming The Scorch Trials in New Mexico today and the filming is supposed to continue until late January. Not sure how this will impact Stiles' role in S5, but isn't Teen Wolf S5 supposed to begin filming in Nov/Dec this year?      

Edited by Yitzhak

I really don't want to see Stiles and Lydia together. I like that Stiles seemed to grow in his assessment of Lydia and accept that a romantic relationship wasn't going to happen and then moved on.

I really don't want to see Stiles and Lydia together. I like that Stiles seemed to grow in his assessment of Lydia and accept that a romantic relationship wasn't going to happen and then moved on.

First off these are the Stydia tweets. They are from shippers, so...pinch of salt. 

http://stileslovesariel.tumblr.com/post/101028527215

I think you're right that Stiles has moved on from Lydia and I would say the only way the pairing would happen now is if Lydia develops feelings for Stiles. But even then I can't see Lydia coming between Stiles/Malia, unless they separate. On the other hand Jeff has always seemed very pro-Stiles/Lydia in interviews and if this is their senior year then I'd say Stiles and Lydia are the two characters most likely to leave for college at the end of S5. Scott, I imagine, will do the Buffy thing and stay in Beacon Hills to act as town protector. Personally, I'm on the fence about Stiles/Lydia. I'll be happy if they stay friends but I wouldn't hate them exploring a romance either.  

• Love 1

DAMMIT! I <3 Coach's crazy so much. I was hoping for some fabulous Natalie/Bobby backstory to get snuck into s5. At least it's because Ourny's career is doing well and not because Jeff Davis dropped someone by the wayside again.

• Love 1

DAMMIT! I <3 Coach's crazy so much. I was hoping for some fabulous Natalie/Bobby backstory to get snuck into s5. At least it's because Ourny's career is doing well and not because Jeff Davis dropped someone by the wayside again.

Like for real, what the hell is Jeff Davis thinking introducing new important people and then getting rid of them after a season with no real conclusion to their story?  Is the man incompetent?

• Love 1

Like for real, what the hell is Jeff Davis thinking introducing new important people and then getting rid of them after a season with no real conclusion to their story?  Is the man incompetent?

Erm, who are you talking about? Cora? The actress left to be the lead in Reign, the character had to be written out(the same with Jackson, Isaac and Erica).

Erm, who are you talking about? Cora? The actress left to be the lead in Reign, the character had to be written out(the same with Jackson, Isaac and Erica).

Yeah.  Compared to any other TV show I've watched (with the execption of PLL), Teen Wolf has this problem again and again.  It's kind of weird.

Hmmm, yeah, with Hoechlin out and some of the other teasers in the article linked in the Media thread, I think I'm out. It feels like a good time to be done with the show anyway, as they transition to a new cast about whom I DGAF.

• Love 2

I'll watch the season premiere at least but chances are I'm out as well. And I'm not even Derek's biggest fan, it's just that last year was so bad and most new characters are pretty lackluster. It's time to end this show for good.

I don't care about Derek/Tyler's departure in the sense that I don't really GAF about Derek or Tyler H., but yeah, the show losing so many major characters over the seasons is weird. Davis has said before that he doesn't want to force his actors to stay out of obligation, so he's inclined to let them go when they want to. But you'd think the studio at least would want to lock these guys into stricter contracts.

IMO Dylan O'Brien is overrated, but he's clearly the cast member with the most break-out potential and could have left this show ages ago. Jeff Davis should be thanking his lucky stars that Dylan has a lot of loyalty to the show that gave him his big break, which I think is the reason why he's stayed on this long.

At this point, I'm watching mostly for the same reason that I watch Glee, i.e. to see how much of a trainwreck this show can become. And I'm glad that at least I won't have to deal with Derek's manpain anymore. 

Edited by galax-arena

So are they going to abandon the lacrosse team framework that a lot of the characters interact within? WIthout that newbie Brett would have about zero reason to hang out with Scott and his pack. Or is Kate going to show up as the new coach like Lisa at the end of Weird Science?

A smidge more (mostly weasel words) on Derek:

http://tylerhoechlinonline.net/2015/03/18/wizard-world-raleigh-comic-con-panel/

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2015/03/30/tyler-hoechlin-talks-teen-wolf-at-emerald-city-comicon/

"Probably," Davis, really? I'm so over the constant wink, wink. However I was previously thinking Derek was going to disappear without a trace. Now I think there's a 50% probability they'll have Shadow running around in an episode or two. Whatevs. At this point I really hope this is the last season.

• Love 1

A smidge more (mostly weasel words) on Derek:

http://tylerhoechlinonline.net/2015/03/18/wizard-world-raleigh-comic-con-panel/

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2015/03/30/tyler-hoechlin-talks-teen-wolf-at-emerald-city-comicon/

"Probably," Davis, really? I'm so over the constant wink, wink. However I was previously thinking Derek was going to disappear without a trace. Now I think there's a 50% probability they'll have Shadow running around in an episode or two. Whatevs. At this point I really hope this is the last season.

Lol, watch this season have a Vampire Diaries like renaissance where we all eat our words.  Who knows?  I'm hopeful.

I think it's hilarious to hear them explaining it as a creative decision to "refocus on the teens".  When has this show ever not been primarily focused on the teens?  Derek's story line and the various adults' story lines have always been the B, C, or D plot unless the teens were also heavily involved.  (Or maybe it was the J, K and L plots.  I haven't actually counted the assorted plot threads that went nowhere to see how many letters I need. Whatever. I won't be watching S5 anyway. Let 'em go all the way to Z. )  

It's understandable that they want to focus on the teens but Derek's presence obviously wasn't preventing that from happening.  

• Love 2

So relieved nothing really spoilery here other than the first 6 minutes because I hate being spoiled -- which is of course why I opened a "Spoilers" thread and looked. There are help groups for that, right?

In the case of Eichen House, I really really want to see their HR Department. Because...reasons.

I know it's IMDB and it should be taken with a grain of salt, but....there are a lot of former cast members listed in upcoming episodes. I, for one, would really like to see Issac interact with Liam. And with Stiles again, since he left after the whole Void Stiles.

But then again, it is IMDB. So, my hopes aren't real high (I'm not sure where IMDB falls when it comes to spoilers, so Mods, if I'm not in the right spot, I'll totally delete my post).

We've already seen some hallucinations happening in this season, so that may be how the old cast members show up. Although I'd love to see some living people like Isaac and Jackson actually back in BH!

A new promo for the S5a finale...with an out of the blue reference to "Void Stiles". 

http://notanotherteenwolfpodcast.com/post/127017979630/teenwolf-the-summer-finale-of-teen-wolf-will

I don't get it. Has Theo been pushing Stiles towards murders because he thinks he can turn him back into his Void self? How's that supposed to work? When Stiles was Void, he wasn't himself. He was possessed. Or does Theo have plans for Stiles to visit the Dread Doctors and have them turn him Void again? Dunno. But hey, why not...bring back Evil Stiles anytime.  

Also weird is how it always seemed like Theo was trying to take Stiles role in the pack...but apparently he wants to replace Scott?

• Love 1

Man.  Void Stiles.  Could you imagine if Lydia's flashback in the first episode was Stiles as Void instead of him inside of the jeep which was upside-down?  I'm pretty sure the internet would have imploded.  Theo wants to have a Monster Pack (It's a Monster Pack!  Sorry...cheesy joke)

What did they do with the Nogitsune?  I can't remember, there's no way Theo has it right?

Also weird is how it always seemed like Theo was trying to take Stiles role in the pack...but apparently he wants to replace Scott?

If this is his plan, it`s pretty flimsy. He can`t inherit this pack, take it over by force or anything. Kira for example, she got in because she fell for Scott. Is Theo planning on romancing her? No, then he can cross out "dark kitsune". Stiles was/is Scott`s best friend. Theo already thouroughly managed to turn Stiles against him so he can cross ",maybe-void-Stiles" from the pack list too. I doubt Lydia is gonna be fooled for too long so "banshee" is out as well. What is he gonna do if they say no to him and his pack idea? They are not instinct-bound or pack-bound to it as wolves. 

Scott may be failing right now but that doesn`t mean these people stopped being his friends. Theo has been a good manipulator but he has hardly usurped Scott`s place as their friend so how does he even hope to manage to "get" this "pack"? I hate it when supposedly smart villians have plans that are more idiotic than even the bumbling hero. Urgh.  

Theo keeps saying he wants Scott's Pack, but what if he wants the characteristics of the Pack for himself?

He wants the Coyote, the Banshee, Void, the Angry Werewolf, and the Kitsune...but maybe he wants what makes them them. I think he already might have Kira, he was able to withstand the electricity and we know the Doctors have already messed with Kira.

So, Theo wants a Pack, but maybe he wants to be the Alpha and the Omega. Like the Alpha Pack on steriods? Maybe this is why Theo is mixed up with the Doctors in the first place.

There is no way Stiles survives being tampered with by the doctors right?

Edited by SnoGirl

My guess is it will be Kate, since Jeff LOVES her and didn't let wolf!Derek kill her off. (Dammit.)

Unless they finally want to do something about old, oozing Grandpa Gerard. Maybe that's where the Dread Doctors' black goo comes from. (Eeeeeewww!)

Okay, here's the spoilery Argent news! Gerard is making another appearance, but even more importantly, he'll be telling the story of the first Argent vs Beast of Gevaudan ... to be played by Crystal Reed.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/crystal-reed-is-coming-back-to-teen-wolf#.viYvgMQWy

Apparently, lots of flashbacks to 17th century France, where Crystal gets to play Allison's foremother. That actually sounds pretty awesome. It also sounds like Gerard will be in the "allies we wish we didn't need but kind of do" category, which may also include Deucalion and Theo this half season. Ugh. They'd just need Peter and Kate to round out a perfect quintet.

Wow. Dare I say, this season looks kinda awesome?

I'm sure the writing will still drive me insane, but I can't wait to see how they resolve this one. Stiles and his father still destroy me.

Wonder if they'll have to say Stiles first name three times to bring him back ;)

This season looks good.  But I admit that I'm a little disappointed that it appears Stiles will be separated from the rest of the group, particularly Scott.  I never like Scott more than when he is with Stiles or his mom.  One of things I liked least about the last season was the rift between Scott and Stiles.  But it looks like a really interesting story.  I hope it justifies this separation.