Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers with Speculation

A couple of minor spoilers for Season 4 over on zap2it:

http://zap2it.com/blogs/teen_wolf_season_4_spoilers_mexico_the_empire_strikes_back_and_girl_power-2014-04

Sadly, it's been so long since I've seen The Empire Strikes Back that I can't think of what Jeff Davis might be referring to.

I'm hopeful about the Girl Power, as long as it doesn't sweep aside any feelings Lydia has about Allison's death.   I'm not crazy about the Stiles/Malia stuff, though.

I really liked Stiles and Malia in their one episode, and I think they might be the strongest actors on the show, so I'm onboard (even though I like Scott/Lydia too). I'm less excited about Scott and Kira, who are very one-dimensional to me. They're just both so similar. Just like sweet, happy little puppies, and it's not an interesting dynamic. Their interactions with each other never progressed beyond "cute" for me, and I'm not sure Arden Cho is a strong enough actress to take it anywhere deeper. I wish they'd look into Scott and Lydia or Scott and Malia instead.

I also have no idea what the Empire Strikes Back reference could mean.

• Love 1
(edited)

Empire Strikes Back is the movie in which Luke almost froze on Hoth, Lando betrayed Han and Han got frozen in carbonite, Luke found out Vader's his father and Vader cut off his hand, and Boba Fett took Han off to Jabba the Hutt. In other words, things suck hard for the heroes—which Jeff does to the TW heroes every season, so. :D

Edited by ahisma

Luke found out Vader's his father

How could I forget that? :P  I fail at pop culture.  Thanks for the refresher, ahisma!

I hope JD's reference wasn't tied to that idea.  I think Stiles is still aware of a secret that Melissa's got (unless baby Scott's tumble down the stairs was rehashed years later for Stiles to overhear) but I wouldn't want it to involve a who's-your-daddy storyline.

Then again, if JD was referring to anything beyond the general "everything sucks" comparison, it would probably be that he's planning to have Derek frozen in carbonate for half the season. 

And now I can't wait for the scene where Peter tells Malia: "I am your father."

D'oh!  Of course, that's probably how that reference would fit.  Two strikes against me on the surprise daddy front.  I forgot all about Peter.

(edited)

Some S4 spoilers, mostly Derek-related.  http://tylerhoechlinnews.tumblr.com/post/80752925788/derek-related-teen-wolf-season-4-spoilers

I'm not crazy about another romance for Derek at this point, but I do like the idea that he and Scott and Stiles might be working more closely together this season.

ETA: Sorry about the double-post.  Didn't realize the previous post was mine before posting.

Edited by ElleryAnne
  • Love 1
(edited)
Sorry, what don't you like about romance for Derek?

I don't want to watch him deal with another love interest that's going to turn out either evil or dead. Or both. I hated the last one. My guess is that if the next one isn't going to be a sociopath, she'll be puppy chow for Kate before the end of the season.  Makes it tough to get invested.  Also, we don't get enough scenes with Derek (okay, maybe that's just me).  I don't want the scenes we DO get to be taken up with a new person who only exists as a temporary romantic sub-plot.  I'd rather have Derek involved in a storyline with the rest of the main characters.  (Clearly, Jennifer's storyline irritated me greatly.)

I'm not anti-romance for Derek.  I like the police officer he flirted with in S2 to keep her from noticing Stiles sneaking into the Sheriff's office - if she's not dead, I'd be fine with her as a romantic interest.  I'm also fine with Ms. Morell, Deputy Parrish, or Stiles.

And now that I think about it, if Braeden is going to be the romantic interest, I might be okay with it.  I tend to react negatively when new people are brought in specifically as love interests, and I was thinking the new teacher (Ms. Fleming) was probably the one the spoiler referred to.  But I could be okay with Braeden.

ETA: I just noticed what I wrote there and feel like I should clarify -  It's not like I only support POC women or white men as potential romantic partners for Derek. (That would be odd.) Those were just the main options that came to mind as I was typing.

Edited by ElleryAnne

Braeden wouldn't be terrible—at least she's in the know about the supernatural and has some clue as to what he's been through even if she doesn't know his whole story. My main concerns are 1) his love interests have been either vulnerable or evil, neither a great choice, and 2) the guy has been an emotional yo-yo since he was 15, with a huge number of nasty things happening to him and around him in the past year. Healing mentally and emotionally and figuring out his place in life, his pack, and his community would set him up a lot better for a relationship than falling for someone while fresh off a new round of torture. Unfortunately that's not good TV drama so I'm not holding out hope.

• Love 1

I hate romance for romance sake. I like it when people on screen have chemistry and romance follows, I don't like knowing that someone is brought in for the sake of romance alone, especially in a show aimed at teens. It sends the message that unless you  have tl4eva your life is incomplete. Blah.

I also give a side-eye to Jeff Davis seeing as how last season both Derek and Stiles and about 2 scenes together and next season they are both getting girlfriends. He's trying hard to bloody the nose of the Sterek fans without coming out and saying that all of that the set up he admitted to about Stiles being bi-curious was nothing more than bait and switch.  

I agree with the poster above, Derek has been through too much to just throw him into a romance. Hell, after my second divorce I figured I made bad choices and swore off marriage, and neither of my ex's killed anyone.

Having said that, I would be cooing at my television if they started building on the Sheriff and Mrs. McCall. Even if they set up for the Sheriff and Chris Argent both vying for the lady's attentions.

• Love 2

the guy has been an emotional yo-yo since he was 15, with a huge number of nasty things happening to him and around him in the past year. Healing mentally and emotionally and figuring out his place in life, his pack, and his community would set him up a lot better for a relationship than falling for someone while fresh off a new round of torture.

This.  SO MUCH THIS.  

I hate romance for romance sake. I like it when people on screen have chemistry and romance follows, I don't like knowing that someone is brought in for the sake of romance alone, especially in a show aimed at teens. It sends the message that unless you  have tl4eva your life is incomplete. Blah.

AND THIS.

I also give a side-eye to Jeff Davis seeing as how last season both Derek and Stiles and about 2 scenes together and next season they are both getting girlfriends. He's trying hard to bloody the nose of the Sterek fans without coming out and saying that all of that the set up he admitted to about Stiles being bi-curious was nothing more than bait and switch.

I suspect that's unfortunately true, and he's only shooting himself in the foot.  Regardless of where people stand on Sterek, the scenes between Stiles and Derek are usually great.  It makes no sense to keep the characters apart.  I'm hoping that the new spoilers saying that Derek, Scott and Stiles will be involved in the same storyline holds true, because when JD tries to avoid putting Stiles and Derek in a scene together, it tends to result in cutting Derek out of entire plots and that frustrates me.

I would be cooing at my television if they started building on the Sheriff and Mrs. McCall. Even if they set up for the Sheriff and Chris Argent both vying for the lady's attentions

Or the Sheriff and Rafe, if he decides to try to win her back.  Either way, that would be the rare triangle that I would LOVE to watch, and I'd be rooting for the Sheriff either way.  He and Melissa are awesome, separately or together.

• Love 1

Some Season 4 spoilers

here

and

here

It includes a bit of talk about the new villain for the season - "The Benefactor".  And Q/A snippets with a few of the cast members.

The Inquisitor needs some new photos.  The one they've got on that second link is so old that not only is Allison in it, so is Jackson.

(edited)

Thanks for the heads up! I found a little bit more on Fahey in this piece. So he's not going to be another Braeden.

So far for 4 there's the Malia and Peter plot line, Kate, the Spanish-speaking hunters, Braeden, hints about Parrish, something about Berserkers, and now a hired gun and The Benefactor, plus Gerard and Deucalion always available in the wings. So it sounds like another season of "we'll throw twenty balls in the air and attempt to catch half of them."

Edited by ahisma
  • Love 1

So Colton was pictured on the set "Teen Wolf" and "Arrow" is currently in hiatus.  Maybe he was just visiting but I suppose there is a possibility of a Jackson apperance in Season Four?  They did leave his character alive.

So Colton was pictured on the set "Teen Wolf" and "Arrow" is currently in hiatus.

Ooh, I hadn't heard about that.  I'd love to see Jackson show up again, even for an episode.  His character's a dick, but it would be like having an annoying family member visit.  

• Love 1

I would love that too. All the Instagram feeds just called it a drop-by "visit" to the set, but even the official feed mentioned it, which makes me hopeful. I had a love/hate thing for Jackson, but it would be nice to have some closure with him.

• Love 2

It would be good to see Jackson back for a visit, rather than relegated to London and never to be heard from again. He IS Pack, even if he is a jerk. It would lend some hope that Isaac and Cora won't be entirely forgotten, too.

• Love 2

I'd rather not see Jackson ever again. Still bitter they didn't kill him off, but Allison was killed, even at the actress' request. 

Agreed. Jackson's character was annoying, and not in the "He's so evil and annoying" good kind of way. Just annoying.

No Jackson...The male actors outside of Dylan are bad enough...We don't need the worst of the worst rejoining.

Not sure how I feel about were-coyote still sticking around(and her hair is terrible..and I usually never talk about such things). That whole relationship felt so forced this season but if it means Lydia can go through a season with no relationship drama, I'm all for it.

A couple of things from TVLine:

Ask Ausiello

Question: This hiatus is killing me. Got any Teen Wolf spoilers? Preferably anything about Stiles? —Stephanie

Ausiello: You’re in luck, Stephanie, because the June 23 premiere is full of Stiles. Not only does he get a chance to play bad ass, which is always fun, but he also has a few intense moments with both of the ladies in his life — one more so than the other. Needless to say, Stiles’ love life won’t become any less complicated in Season 4.

And an article about the premiere:

http://tvline.com/2014/06/03/teen-wolf-season-4-premiere-spoilers-kate-derek-stiles/

The biggest question on all of our minds after the Season 3 finale (“What is Kate?!”) is answered in the premiere.
* Lydia’s banshee powers are, at long last, being explained/explored.
* Someone gets scratched by something. (Vague enough for ya?)
* One Beacon Hills twosome is inspired to DTR after a little nudging from an unexpected source.
* Something weird happens to Derek. Like, something really, truly weird that we’ve never seen on this show — or any recent show we can think of, for that matter.

I'm guessing the couple that Defines The Relationship (and yes, I'm old and had to google it, why do you ask) is Scott and Kira. I will be really glad when Lydia's banshee powers aren't mysterious and unexplained and a bizarre catchall for random powers anymore. Derek I'm not sure about. Uh, he's happy and in love and there are no issues or drama?

• Love 1
* Something weird happens to Derek. Like, something really, truly weird that we’ve never seen on this show — or any recent show we can think of, for that matter.

I just hope this means he gets more than 30 seconds of screen time and that it's just not something like, Derek gets knocked unconscious by a were-jaguar, since that hasn't happened on any recent shows either.  Most of what happens to Derek is on the weird side, so I don't even know what to guess here.

* One Beacon Hills twosome is inspired to DTR after a little nudging from an unexpected source.

I agree Scott and Kira seem likeliest.  I hope it's not Stiles/Malia, unless they're going to define themselves as just friends. (I'm guessing they'll be more than friends, though, which is not the direction I'd want them to go.)   Most of last season's twosomes don't exist now, since Allison and Aiden are dead and Ethan's gone.  I don't suppose it could be Melissa and Rafe?  

Question: This hiatus is killing me. Got any Teen Wolf spoilers? Preferably anything about Stiles?

Stiles was at the center of everything last season.  I hope Ausiello choosing a Stiles-related question isn't a sign that the show is going to go overboard with its Stiles-love.  He's a great character, but that kind of thing can kill a show.

Looking forward to seeing Lydia's banshee powers get some exploration.

Stiles was at the center of everything last season.  I hope Ausiello choosing a Stiles-related question isn't a sign that the show is going to go overboard with its Stiles-love.  He's a great character, but that kind of thing can kill a show.

Jeff Davis has said that a lot of this season focuses around Derek, not that I expect Dylan O'Brien to be sidelined because he is too good a talent and popular a character, but I don't think he is at the center of the plot again.

• Love 1

I actually liked Derek as more of a supporting character last season. I think the show works best when it focuses on the teens. Plus Tyler Hoechlin, as pretty as he is to look at, is not a good actor. And Derek-centric storylines have really sucked for the most part.

The new promo looks great! Very creepy-looking villains.

Aw, well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one, Minneapple. :)   Derek's my favorite character, and I loved his arcs in S1 and S2.  (Not so much S3, because I hated Jennifer.)   I don't think he's a bad actor, though you're not the only person who thinks he is.

Those villains definitely are creepy-looking.  There's something about a person with no mouth that I find really unsettling.

Looks like Lydia and Stiles share another kiss?

Looks like Lydia and Stiles share another kiss?

There seems to be a lot of debate over whether Stiles is kissing Lydia or Malia in the promo. To me it looks like Lydia (and the girl is wearing the same clothes as Lydia in the baseball bat scene). But a lot of fans are swearing it's Malia. If it is a Stiles/Lydia kiss I'll bet that like the kiss-to-stop-panic-attack, there's a non-romantic reason for the kiss. 

I'm just happy my Stiles/bat ship is still going strong. 

• Love 1
If it is a Stiles/Lydia kiss I'll bet that like the kiss-to-stop-panic-attack, there's a non-romantic reason for the kiss.

That's my suspicion, too.  I guessed Lydia because it's her dress and it looks like her hair color, but yeah, I've heard other people say it could be Malia.  I'm hoping not, but I guess we find out in a few weeks!

I'm also wondering now if it ties in with the "twosome" spoiler/hint, and maybe it ends up being Lydia nudging Stiles and Malia to define their relationship.

I'm just happy my Stiles/bat ship is still going strong.

That's what really matters.  I still haven't gotten over the break-up of Derek/house.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm also wondering now if it ties in with the "twosome" spoiler/hint, and maybe it ends up being Lydia nudging Stiles and Malia to define their relationship.

Forgive me for asking, but what "twosome" spoiler hint?

Also, here is a clip of the kiss. I think it's Lydia.

2mchx6s.png

2dmi59j.png

Edited to add the second photo, comparing the outfits.

Edited by Jack Kerouac
If it is a Stiles/Lydia kiss I'll bet that like the kiss-to-stop-panic-attack, there's a non-romantic reason for the kiss.

That does not look like a "stop-the-panic-attack" kiss.

Hmmm...hard to say if it's Lydia or Malia. I'll go with Malia, I think. For now. I'm probably wrong.

I do think Malia's hair looks lighter than last season, in the photos I've seen, and the Kiss Girl is wearing a tan sweater, not a leather jacket. If it's Lydia, then I think it's a dream for sure.

Hmmm...based on the compared stills, I'm going to stick with Malia kissing Stiles. Plus narratively it makes more sense than Stiles getting horizontal with Lydia.

I agree about Stiles/bat, though. Awesome ship!

It looks like Lydia to me. Lydia/Stiles is end game so I think Malia is there to push the couple along. Lydia getting jealous or something, and realising she has feelings for Stiles.

Some zap2it spoilers for the S4 premiere episode:  

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/teen_wolf_season_4_premiere_spoilers_5_things_to_know_about_the_dark_moon-2014-06

Some of the more interesting ones:

1. A new 'ship will be born in the first five minutes of Season 4. It's quite an amusing one.  - No idea who or what this refers to.

2. Traveling to Mexico on a mission, the pack encounters torture, glowstick nunchuks and an actor from an earlier season in a surprising appearance. -  Probably Braeden, since she's in the promo.

5. "It's progress." This line is repeated several times with regard to a particular character. -  My first thought was that this refers to Stiles getting over whatever guilt I'd expect him to have from 3B, but it could refer to almost anyone getting over the loss of Allison, or of Malia adjusting to life as a high-schooler.

I don't put much stock in TW spoilers. The majority of them are either dropped or executed poorly. I was so pumped over the dark hearts thing with Allison, Scott and Stiles. But it was another plot point that amounted to very little.

I'll be amazed if there's any real follow through in regards to Stiles and his trauma. I'm calling it now, and saying this topic will dominate S4. Lots of disappointed fans. Either that or the Derek storyline. Which tbh, I'm not looking forward to. I hope that one is dropped.

(edited)

Longer S4 trailer -

Yeah, I'm really liking the look of this. In this trailer it's a little clearer that it is Malia ravishing Stiles. Though it's probably significant that she is wearing the same clothes as Lydia. Likely she has heard about Stiles's long term Lydia infatuation and this is Malia's way of seducing him. Which could be funny. Malia's character was very lacking in 3x20 but better late than never to give her a personality.

I'll be amazed if there's any real follow through in regards to Stiles and his trauma.

Personally I don't want to see a whole season of Stiles being brooding, depressed and guilt-ridden. It just wouldn't be entertaining. I was struck by how fearless Stiles looks in the trailer when he's got a gun pointed at his head. I think it'd be awesome if Stiles possession trauma manifests in Stiles being a lot more badass in S4. I'd like to see him acting like Riggs in Lethal Weapon. Just not being scared of anyone or anything because he's been so far to the dark side that werewolf hitmen are just peanuts to him now.   

Edited by Yitzhak
  • Love 1

I'm glad Stiles is getting it on with Malia. I liked Dylan and Shelly Henning's chemistry last year. I can see Stiles/Lydia in the future but I like their friendship right now. 

Also, is that Derek and Braeden making out? So I guess she's either dead or evil. Or both.

I really hope we continue to see Kira's parents this year. I loved them last year.

• Love 1
n this trailer it's a little clearer that it is Malia ravishing Stiles.

Ugh.  I hate the idea of Stiles/Malia.  Totally squicks me out.  Other than that, the trailer looks good.  I forgot how much I miss lacrosse scenes!