Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers with Speculation

Oh geez, I'm really terrified that the show is going to totally brush aside the fact that Kate is committing a sexual crime against a teenager.  I have a feeling they will try to play it all "but it's a teenage boys dream to make out with an older woman!".  No.

At first I thought this de-aging thing would be fun. But after learning that Derek will still be mentally de-aged when he's back to normal, I really don't like it. Isn't he supposed to be having a relationship with Braedon? I like her, and don't want to see her get sucked into Derek's ongoing bleak and stupid storylines. She doesn't seem like the type who would want a man-child, so right of the bat this doesn't seem like a good thing.

Eeeeeeeeeewwww!!! Oh, I need eye bleach. Screw the end of the season—I want Kate dead by the end of tonight. Grrr!

I do have to say, Ian Nelson did a good job of walking like Tyler Hoechlin's Derek.

I haven't read any of the star- or producer-interviews, so I'm just coming at this from the show's content, but so I don't think they're making Malia into a special-snowflake.  Usually a Creator's Pet character is:  [stealing from tvtropes]

•Hated by fans (The Scrappy)
•Loved (or worshipped) by the writers (Creator's Favorite)
•Put into big scenes for no reason (Character Focus)
•Talked up by the other characters (Character Shilling)

1. is arguable.  Obviously some fans hate her, but others (like me) are indifferent.

2. sounds like that's true

3. not really, She's in big scenes but it makes sense for her to be there.

4. definitely not.  The others seem to like her and accept her as a member of the pack, but none of them are going around talking about how great Malia is.

For me, the biggest indicator that she's not a Wesley Crusher type is that she's not the problem solver.  If she was a super-special person, she would have broken the pack out of the basement in Mexico, or beaten up the Berserkers.  Instead, she didn't do any better than the rest of the crew, and actually did worse than Kira against the group of Berserkers in E4.02.

as well as a highly anticipated hook-up that may or may not have been teased in the original Season 4 trailer. Get that pause button ready.

Hrm. The only highly anticipated hookup for me is Scott/Kira, when he's ready to move on. But I don't think that was in the trailer. I'm okay with Derek/Braeden, though I'd like it to develop, not just jump in. Stiles/Malia I have no desire to watch after his pained description of it to Scott. Watching Stiles with a strong woman who flummoxes him? Cute. Watching Stiles with a strong woman who runs roughshod (literally) over any and all boundaries? Ew.

With all the stuff about the Benefactor hunting down supernatural creatures, I have a feeling that Mrs. Yukimura is on borrowed time, which is why I was secretly hoping that her family would manage to sell the house and get the heck out of Dodge. Kira could move in with Derek...or something. It wouldn't have made sense, but since when has this show made sense? 

Save Mama Yukimura! 

Ok, can someone remind me what the rules are?  So Derek was able to get Isaac to submit to him once, in the jail fight.  but he wasn't able to Alpha out during the full moon to get others to submit.  Scott has also forced the twins to submit once with the Alpha thing.  So why exactly is this not something that can be done during the full moon?  I can understand mitigating circumstances like when Cora and Boyd had been trapped in the vault, but regular full moons aren't mitigating circumstances.  They are a typical biological thing the werecreatures have to deal with.  Has the show just decided that an Alpha can not Alpha control others during a full moon?  

It might be a matter of degree, like Derek could cow Isaac into submission when cornered during his first full moon but not Isaac, Erica, AND Boyd when they're all flipping out simultaneously. And Scott (like the show itself) seems to forget he's an alpha most of the time, so it might be that it doesn't even occur to him to try.

• Love 1
(edited)

The title of episode 4x6 has been revealed as 'Orphaned'. 

http://notanotherteenwolfpodcast.tumblr.com/post/91562160910/teen-wolf-season-4-episode-6-has-a-title

So who is potentially getting orphaned do you think? This post is speculating about Stiles, but I don't see them ever killing off the Sheriff. I think it's possible that Malia's supposed father will die and that his death will lead to Malia learning that her real father is Peter. Any other ideas though?

Edited by Yitzhak

Given Kira's parents wanting to move back to New York and unknown parties hunting down supernaturals in Beacon Hills, I'd say she's the top orphan candidate among the main cast. I'd hate to lose the Yukimaras, but I'd hate to lose Sheriff Stilinski or Melissa McCall a lot more.

My guess is that we'll probably see Liam, Garrett or the new gay kid orphaned than any of the main ones.

Or it could be a metaphorical title and not relate to any actual orphaning.

(edited)

In a way I'm not too surprised about Danny. The actor looks nothing like a teenager, so I think he'd look a bit odd among the rest of the high school cast, especially with all these freshmen coming in. I'm just wondering why they never told the fans? Since Danny is a fan favorite it's a shame they didn't throw in an early graduation for him and maybe have him getting a job assisting Deaton at the animal clinic.   

Or it could be a metaphorical title and not relate to any actual orphaning.

Good point. I'm wondering if the "orphaning" in 4x6 will have something to do with the so-called bottle episode 4x7 which I'm guessing will be the quarantine episode that we've seen bits of in the main S4 trailer. It seems like there's going to be some kind of disease that the men in hazard suits are trying to contain. There's clips of Malia and Kira looking sick (1.08) and it looks like Scott, Stiles and Lydia's mom (0.59) will be among those quarantined inside the school while the Sheriff and Lydia seem to be on the outside of the building (0.35). So the 'orphaning' of 4x6 could either be caused by the new hitmen or by the new plague.      

Edited by Yitzhak

Since Danny is a fan favorite it's a shame they didn't throw in an early graduation for him and maybe have him getting a job assisting Deaton at the animal clinic.

Why didn't they have Coach mention him as one of the great players they've lost? You'd think TW would have learned from the blowback when they didn't invite Keahu to ComicCon and fans went nuts when he showed up anyway.

I would have liked to see Danny open up a computer programming business, with the sheriff and the pack hiring him after hours for hacking. But if he's gone, at least have a line that his huna auntie said werewolves were one thing but a nogitsune was a step to far and they were moving back to Hawaii, or something.

(edited)

New Sneak Peek! Not content with breaking his ankle and giving him a werewolf bite, Scott and Stiles tie Liam up and tell him he's going to go through some changes IF he doesn't die. Stiles is the bad cop, of course. Poor little Liam continues to be severely traumatized by every scene he shares with our heroes.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGSolmtmATY

I do love how Stiles thinks they are being perfectly reasonable and helpful. 

Edited by Yitzhak

I saw someone on another site speculate that Peter Hale might have a connection to the Benefactor. His name wasn't on the Dead Pool list (while the family that was wiped out last episode were still on there) and neither is his daughter's. Also, how did he fight off The Mute with a wolve's bane soaked axe inbedded in his chest? More importantly, why didn't they show us that fight? Derek's name is on the list, but Peter has already killed his niece , I don't see him having a problem killing his nephew. Evil TV dad's are always secretly protective of their progeny, maybe that's why Malia was off the list?

I don't know, I just thought it was an interesting theory. Peter not being The Benefactor, but working with them to acheive some end for him. That Peter is always plotting something

I'm really hoping the Benefactor isn't someone completely new.  It's apparently someone connected with Allison.  Would probably need to be someone who is unaware that Malia exists and maybe also thinks Peter is dead.  I forget, is Gerard still alive?  He wouldn't have reason to know about Malia but that still leaves Peter.  Colton Haynes was also in a scene on Wolf Watch which I thought was weird considering he hasn't been around in a while.  Is he slated to make a guest appearance or something?  He wouldn't know about Malia but, again, still leaves Peter.  I can't really think of a single individual who would have a connection to Allison (and maybe Kate, too?) and would know enough about the supernatural in Beacon Hills to be able to place odds on them while also maybe not knowing about Malia.  

I'm really hoping the Benefactor isn't someone completely new.  It's apparently someone connected with Allison.  Would probably need to be someone who is unaware that Malia exists and maybe also thinks Peter is dead.  I forget, is Gerard still alive?  He wouldn't have reason to know about Malia but that still leaves Peter.  Colton Haynes was also in a scene on Wolf Watch which I thought was weird considering he hasn't been around in a while.  Is he slated to make a guest appearance or something?  He wouldn't know about Malia but, again, still leaves Peter.  I can't really think of a single individual who would have a connection to Allison (and maybe Kate, too?) and would know enough about the supernatural in Beacon Hills to be able to place odds on them while also maybe not knowing about Malia.  

But for them to know about the Banshee family (that no one else had a clue about) but not know about Malia -the teenage girl who showed up after 8 years- would make them pretty sloppy.

I'm on the Gerard is it, train. Or Allison's death wasn't real and she was taken over by the Nogitsune....I don't know, now I'm reaching.

(edited)

It's apparently someone connected with Allison.  Would probably need to be someone who is unaware that Malia exists and maybe also thinks Peter is dead.

The other noteworthy supernatural being who is missing from the list is Kira's mom. Who would know about Kira's powers, but not her mothers? Someone based in the school? But then why wouldn't they know about Malia?

No Gerard isn't dead and he seems like the most likely candidate at the moment. So I hope it isn't him TBH. 

I'm crossing my fingers for a shocking twist where it's revealed the Benefactor is actually Danny. 

ETA. Apparently the Benefactor also doesn't know about Meredith.

Edited by Yitzhak

We're assuming the Benefactor was behind the Hale bearer bond heist. It would make (cruel) sense as a way to fund the deadpool assassination payouts. But it could be just have been a way to make the Hales feel the financial pinch, just like the other families are this season.

Over here in the spoiler thread for two things ...

1) What do you think of the teenaged assassins? It's pretty hardcore for freshmen. But the actors on Wolf Watch said that their characters were orphans. They may develop into empathetic characters? (I should have had more empathy for the alpha twins when we found out they'd been abused by their former pack, but I had already seen them sadistically attack our pack and couldn't warm up to them.) (Why did the pre-s4 publicity make a big deal about the three new freshmen hunks they were adding to the cast and not mention Violet? Considering the flack the show gets about women and characters of color, you'd think they could have promoted Braeden's bigger role this season, and the addition of Samantha Logan.)

2) The next episode is called I.E.D. Parrish has specifically mentioned his military experience with I.E.D.s twice, including this week. I'm hoping he has some prominent role in the next ep.

• Love 1
(edited)

I honestly hope Jeff throws a curveball and The Benefactor turns out to be Greenberg. He's trying to kill off all of the supernaturals because they stole his thunder on the lacrosse field.

But lets be real, it's probably Parrish conducting his own version of a supernatural Highlander (there can only be 1)

Edited by Gwen-Stacys
1) What do you think of the teenaged assassins? It's pretty hardcore for freshmen. But the actors on Wolf Watch said that their characters were orphans. They may develop into empathetic characters?

Well, offhand I don't like them. They kill for money and go on with the party. The werewolf they killed had yellow/golden eyes and was reciting a trio, so he seems like someone who wouldn't have been killed under the Argent code - not that there's any reason to believe they'd follow that anyway.  Also, they were obnoxious, showing up to Lydia's party uninvited (although they may not have known they were uninvited).  Basically, they struck me as the kind of characters who are there to move the plot and be killed by the end of the season, so I'm not worried about liking them. 

• Love 1

I don't know why being an orphan is an explanation for them being assassins. Unless this is some kind of Government programme that turns orphans into killers, I fail to see how one leads to the other. Or why it would make them sympathetic. Being an orphan isn't a license to kill. Cheap writing from Jeff.

• Love 2

I get the feeling that this is another case where the writers want us to feel things about the characters that aren't earned. "The alpha twins are woobies, and it's okay for them to date Lydia and Danny!" "Malia is so funny because she's feral (when it fits the scene)!"

"Oh, we'd better get it out to the fans that the assassins are orphans so that they'll be with us when we do the character turnaround, and then wrench the heart strings by killing them."

• Love 2

Okay...just throwing this out there: does anyone else think that Peter is somehow stealing Derek's powers? In one of the sneak peaks, Derek makes a remark about how much stronger Peter seems....it could tie into the end of 3a when Peter killed Jennifer/tricked Derek into giving up his alpha status to heal Cora. Peter is always planning the long (smart) game.

Anyone else think Malia's going to find out about Peter from the list? Like, when they decode the last third of the list she'll be on there as Malia Hale instead of Malia Tate?

• Love 3
Okay...just throwing this out there: does anyone else think that Peter is somehow stealing Derek's powers? In one of the sneak peaks, Derek makes a remark about how much stronger Peter seems....it could tie into the end of 3a when Peter killed Jennifer/tricked Derek into giving up his alpha status to heal Cora. Peter is always planning the long (smart) game.

I like that theory.  I think it would make more sense from a characterization standpoint if it's Peter rather than Kate who's behind Derek losing his werewolfy-ness.  And it would be nice to see them pick up that dangling thread.  

• Love 1

I like that theory.  I think it would make more sense from a characterization standpoint if it's Peter rather than Kate who's behind Derek losing his werewolfy-ness.  And it would be nice to see them pick up that dangling thread.  

We might be asking for too much....

Anyone else think Malia's going to find out about Peter from the list? Like, when they decode the last third of the list she'll be on there as Malia Hale instead of Malia Tate?

This is what I'm thinking, too.  It was also sort of shocking how Peter went so crazy with the Mute at the school.  I mean, I get that he'd be pissed someone was trying to kill him.  But he went further than I would expect even from Peter.  Wouldn't he be curious who was sending assassins after the supernatural? I may be misremembering, but it seemed like he implied he also healed quicker than expected. 

This is what I'm thinking, too.  It was also sort of shocking how Peter went so crazy with the Mute at the school.  I mean, I get that he'd be pissed someone was trying to kill him.  But he went further than I would expect even from Peter.  Wouldn't he be curious who was sending assassins after the supernatural? I may be misremembering, but it seemed like he implied he also healed quicker than expected. 

I don't remember the healing part, I'd have to go back and watch it. But I agree! He was way too quick to kill the mute, and while Peter isn't opposed to murder, I doubt he'd have killed the mute without thinking about the fallout. He's all about getting their money back, but he could've atleast gotten a million of it back from The Mute (and now 750k from the Baby Assassins). I'm sure that would've kept him afloat while he squatted with Derek in the loft.

I don't know, they seemed pretty hostile when they faced off in the vault. Of course, they might both have fiendish plots to benefit from weird chages forced upon Derek, with some of the effects we've seen due to Kate's and some to Peter's.

(edited)

According to the TW writers on Afterbuzz, the next episode will be the one where Lydia and Stiles visit Eichen House together (to visit Meredith). We were discussing whether Malia might have been acting as Lydia's bodyguard in 4x5 but if the pack are just allowing Lydia and Stiles to go off together, it seems like they are not being all that cautious about the huge bounty on Lydia's head. 

Also from the Afterbuzz podcasts, it sounds like beyond "the orphans" there will be more assassin characters coming to Beacon Hills including the gunman who Kate is interrogating in the preview clip. I'm assuming the enemy who Scott is forced to help is Garrett who will probably want Scott to help him break Violet out of jail else he'll kill Liam. So...Scott going against the Sheriff?    

ETA: Looks like MTW just posted a scary screencap of the Sheriff car on fire, presumably from next episode. Again, I don't think they'd kill Stilinski and orphan Stiles but it looks like they might be going for a good fake out. Garrett wanted Scott to stop a car after all. 

https://twitter.com/MTVteenwolf/status/492046673955540992

Edited by Yitzhak
(edited)

So Jeff stated at the Comic Con panel that we haven't seen the last of Danny. Though judging by the casts' reaction to Jeff's answer, this might be news to them too. I wonder if Jeff's simply regretting his decision to write Danny out of S4 and plans to bring him back S5?  

Also, the mid-season trailer includes a Derek!dying tease at the end which just convinces me that Derek won't be the major character who is killed off S4. I actually think Peter could be the big death this year. They seem to be taking him back to a pure villain role.   

Edited by Yitzhak

omg, this looks good!

Peter has been so underused. I'm glad there's some mention that he's Scott's Alpha, and finally he's more of a villain.

Does it look like Stiles is going to die? The way Malia said, "You're coming back, right?" The hug with Lydia and the end scene with Scott, where blood is covering Scott's face and he's pained. I think this time, the death could actually be a big shock.

(edited)

It looks like Malia's in danger. She looks pretty sickly and it looks like she's got black fluid on her lips meaning her healing factor is failing.

Looks like the old Peter is back. Lmao at Jeff trying to convince us that Derek's gonna die this season. I'm really worried about why Melissa is crying/screaming. Things don't look too good for Scott or Kira in this trailer. The rest of the season looks really good!

Edited by lion10

So is Parrish a phoenix? He's covered in ash, and it would explain the first trailer's rising from the ashes motif. Plus, it makes him a good match for the banshee character, as the two most associated with death.

Yeah, that shot of Melissa screaming is scary. The only reason I think she would do that is if something happened to Scott. I doubt they'd kill off Scott, but part of me is just a little paranoid after hearing Liam was signed on for season five. I mean, they have a backup teen wolf.

Well if they kill Sheriff, there will be a shitstorm in the fandom... I think it's too soon to kill of a beloved character after Allison. I hope it's McCall, never liked him anyway, but it will give Scott something to react to.

It looks like Malia's in danger. She looks pretty sickly and it looks like she's got black fluid on her lips meaning her healing factor is failing.

I think the shots of Malia looking sickly must come from the Quarantine episode (4x7). I'm sure there's been clips of Kira and Scott with black fluid around their lips too. If this is a virus that only effects the supernatural beings then Stiles would be immune. So Stiles is possibly leaving to do something dangerous without his usual pack of were-creature muscle.    

I hadn't thought about Papa McCall dying. That certainly would get a strong reaction from Melissa and would explain the darker side we are seeing of Scott later on too. It'd also explain why they kept the character hanging around. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Looks like I was wrong about the disease only affecting supernaturals. From the previews it looks like Stiles and Coach are sick too. Or does it affect humans differently? Stiles and Coach seem to have different symptoms (a rash, fainting) to the supernaturals like Malia and Kira (blindness, black mouth bile). 

So I'm guessing from the 'Weaponized' title that this disease is a biological weapon. Is this something unleashed by one of the assassins? One we haven't seen yet? It must be someone pretty ruthless if they'd use a disease that could wipe out a lot of humans along with killing a few werewolves on a hit list.  

Edited by Yitzhak