Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E19: No More Heartbreaks

Following a violent encounter that has left Cami's life hanging in the balance, Klaus is forced to rely on his family and allies to find a cure as he keeps a watchful eye over Cami at the compound. With time running out, Freya turns to her arsenal of spells, while Vincent and Marcel head to Cami's apartment to gather a crucial ingredient. Elsewhere, Hayley and Elijah travel to the bayou in hopes of bringing back a potential antidote that could save Cami's life. Finally, Davina confronts Lucien and learns some heartbreaking information that will change her future with Kol forever.

Promo:

I think they will bring back Davina. At least I hope. I actually like her.

Cami. All I could think was how freaking long it took her to die compared to Finn. And I was convinced they were going to save her. But yay! Really dead! 

• Love 4

Man, when they bust out Birdy you know shit is about to get really tragic.

I think with Davina what's interesting is that she will presumably be buried as a NOLA witch, making her an Ancestor. I wouldn't be surprised to see her running interference and eventually getting a new body. Although I'm sorry for that, her actress has been a real treat since the beginning.

• Love 1

Wow, she's finally dead. They kept teasing her death and then taking it away so I really didn't expect her to be dead dead until last happy day started. Hand holding with Klaus, saying ILY and enjoying a happy sunny day? That's so not Klaus and had to be it for them. 

I don't think Davina's dead, especially after seeing the promo. 

Wow! The ancestors have the long range planning and reasoning skills of Klaus. Of course it makes perfect sense to create unkillable monsters to take out the Mikaelsons, rather than doing the thing that they've done with everyone else--block their access to magic. Esther's been consecrated as an ancestor. Why not just temporarily block the magic in Esther original spell and let them all drop dead.

Although Cami's death was long, I still maintain that no TV character death was longer than Bobby Simone on NYPD Blue. That death took like 6 episodes. Ugh.

...went to tumblr, saw the uproar and despair over Cami's death, shrugged, came back here...

Well, took them long to get there. I do admit that I never saw the purpose of Cami's character. Ok, she was the token human pet, Caroline-by-proxy to Klaus, but beyond that? Nothing too compeling. Once she became a vamp things started to get a bit more interesting, but... Couldn't we actually have had one decent human character who is neither a witch nor a vamp, nor a wolf? A strong (not b!tchy), reasonable (not judgemental) and interesting (duh!) character?... No? Ok.

I cringed when every character and their uncle was trying to save Cami, while nobody gave Kol a second thought. OK, Davina did. Sort of.

But then again, nobody ever stays dead on this show, so... I guess Cami will be back, sooner or later.

I do hope Davina will be back, sooner than later. That's a character I may miss for real.

• Love 1
(edited)

One of my problems with Lucien as a villain is that he's supposed to be charming and funny but he isn't. He's just obnoxious and annoying.

As per usual, Klaus can STFU and have a seat. When he immediately blamed Vincent for Cami's predicament, I just rolled my eyes. How many times has Klaus forced other people to do what he wants by threatening them? It's okay for him to blackmail  people into doing what he wants, but when Lucien does it then it's the victim's fault?

I totally cracked up when Klaus said that OF COURSE Lucien would want his own blood to cure his werewolf bite because that would allow him to lord himself over his victims. Takes one to know one, eh, Klaus? But I was shaking my head when Klaus and Elijah made it sound like Lucien planned that. I'm pretty sure that's just the way werewolf bites/cures work so it's not like he had Vincent add a special little caveat to the Better Than Original blood magic.

While I think it's great that Kol would rather be daggered than possibly kill Davina, seeing her actually do it was just a weak version of Buffy killing Angel.

And hey, show, if you wanted Cami's death to be moving, maybe you should have TURNED DOWN THE VOLUME ON THE MUSIC.

So wait, Cami stayed Klaus's hand, quelled his rage, and inspired goodness in him? Good lord, can you imagine how much more of a maniac he would have been the last few without his therapist holding him back?

I totally don't get the ancestors. If they can use their magic to pull the dagger out from Kol's heart, why didn't they just kill Davina themselves by stabbing her with said dagger?

I'm so glad that Cami is finally gone but I hope that this isn't the last we see of Davina. So Davina didn't tell anyone at the Mikaelson compound that she daggered Kol? I was surprised that she daggered him, left his body unattended, went to check on Cami, cried with everyone, didn't say a word about Kol, then went back to wherever his body was. Honestly, as soon as she stabbed him I wondered where she was going to stash the body since obviously she doesn't have a room full of coffins ready and waiting like Klaus does.

Best part of the episode was the Davina/Marcel hug. I miss their friendship.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

I was an extra on this episode! I was in scene where Klaus and Cami were walking down the street and also later when they were looking at the painting. Unfortunately I didn't see myself, oh well. It was a long, cold day and we were there till about 2 in the morning. We weren't allowed to talk to the actors but Joseph Morgan did make eye contact with me and smiled as he walked by. Leah Pipes didn't look at anyone. I was standing pretty far away when they were filming their last conversation so we couldn't hear but another extra that I know was standing closer and told me that Leah kept screwing up her lines and some of the extras started booing her. She also told me (no clue how true this is but she's been an extra on this show before and knows a lot of the crew) that most of the crew hated working with Leah. It was a pretty cool experience, my first time being an extra. 

I hope Davina stays, I like her. I'm so tired of Lucien 

• Love 2

I know that most people hated Cami but I liked the character. Joseph Morgan's acting was on point tonight, I was over here crying an ocean. I totally didn't see the Davina kill coming. I hope that she comes back. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Leah kept screwing up her lines and some of the extras started booing her. She also told me (no clue how true this is but she's been an extra on this show before and knows a lot of the crew) that most of the crew hated working with Leah. 

Some of the extras actually had the nerve to boo her? That's kind of childish behavior on their parts. I thought extras have to be on their best behavior while on set, and I assumed something like booing a main actress on the show would get them removed? Oh well, hope Leah does well for herself in the future.

I too hope Danielle Campbell hasn't permanently left the show. I have really started to like Davina.

Edited by grandemocha
More thoughts.
  • Love 6

I really hope those extras are blacklisted.  What terrible horrible pieces of shit.  

This show really couldn't afford to lose more women.  I'm sure Davina will continue to be part of the show, at least for a while.  But simply having 'killed' her, even if she comes back is rather annoying. I'm tired of death not meaning anything on these shows.  It seems like all of the CW shows have completely lost their entertainment value simultaneously this year.  

• Love 5

Yeah, I was on the other side of the park and didn't hear the booing, I just heard about later. Not sure if they were reprimanded or not or maybe they just didn't boo loud enough for anybody to hear. I know I was on my best behavior lol, so were all the extras I was standing with. I was hoping for an Elijah sighting, but alas, no luck.

In keeping with the adage, "the opposite of love isn't hate; it's indifference" I was playing Sudoku throughout Cami's death throws.  Didn't care, didn't care.  I was mildly amused at how much sunshine they were blowing up her ass about how wonderful she was and how much she helped Klaus, etc., but I could chalk that up to just being nice to the dying person.

At one point when Kol was trying to stop Davina from going after Lucien, he grabbed her and she gave him a magical shove.  Inside the bar where no magic works.  Or were the petulant ancestors successful in breaking that?

(edited)
8 hours ago, mac123x said:

At one point when Kol was trying to stop Davina from going after Lucien, he grabbed her and she gave him a magical shove.  Inside the bar where no magic works.  Or were the petulant ancestors successful in breaking that?

She was standing just outside the doorframe.  But it does beg the questions, how does the spell reach him inside the bar?  How do vampires work at all inside the bar?  How does the dagger work inside the bar?

Also, couldn't they have an abomination cure the bite like Kai did on VD?

Edited by Jack Sampson

The same way that other magical things work on this show and TVD - the writers conveniently forget the rules when it suits them. Remember how vampires couldn't have kids until Klaus magically got Hayley pregnant? And how witches couldn't be vampires until the Heretics?

• Love 1

I would be celebrating Cami's death more right now, which I've been waiting for since season one, if I wasn' t totally sure she'll be brought back to life somwhow. I so felt more for Kol and then even Davina when they died, Marcel will not take her death well, loved the hug they shared. Guessing she'll be brought back via Vincent somehow.

Still having posting problems on my main device so I'll end by saying Lucien can die asap, he so annoys, surpassing Klaus who can at least be entertaining at times. 

19 hours ago, mac123x said:

Didn't they establish last episode that the magical barrier in the bar was breaking down?

(edited)
On 30.4.2016 at 9:05 AM, Ariah said:

how, so... I guess Cami will be back, sooner or later.

Well it's not that easy anymore. The other side is gone and we have never seen anybody come back from being all the way dead. I guess we'll see, but I really hope whoever dies from now on will actually stay dead.

Technically it shouldn't even be possible to add more witches to the ancestors anymore. Without the other side the spirits should be long gone before you can consecrate the bodies. Unless there is some magical waiting room for New Orleans witches or something.

12 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

She was standing just outside the doorframe.  But it does beg the questions, how does the spell reach him inside the bar?  How do vampires work at all inside the bar?  How does the dagger work inside the bar?

Once an episode I think that Vampires should just drop dead in that bar. Guess the anti-magic thing is very selective.

11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The same way that other magical things work on this show and TVD - the writers conveniently forget the rules when it suits them. Remember how vampires couldn't have kids until Klaus magically got Hayley pregnant? And how witches couldn't be vampires until the Heretics?

Those are pretty bad examples. The writers didn't ust forget those things they wrote around them and not even that badly.

That Klaus got somebody pregnant was treated as a minor miracle and the theory is that it's because he is half werewolf, so still kinda alive, a little.

Witches usually can't be vampires at the same time, since they draw their power from nature and Vampires are an abomination against nature. But the heritics don't draw their power from nature, they siphon other magic.

Edited by Zonk
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 30/04/2016 at 5:06 PM, MaggieG said:

I was an extra on this episode! I was in scene where Klaus and Cami were walking down the street and also later when they were looking at the painting. Unfortunately I didn't see myself, oh well. It was a long, cold day and we were there till about 2 in the morning. We weren't allowed to talk to the actors but Joseph Morgan did make eye contact with me and smiled as he walked by. Leah Pipes didn't look at anyone. I was standing pretty far away when they were filming their last conversation so we couldn't hear but another extra that I know was standing closer and told me that Leah kept screwing up her lines and some of the extras started booing her. She also told me (no clue how true this is but she's been an extra on this show before and knows a lot of the crew) that most of the crew hated working with Leah. It was a pretty cool experience, my first time being an extra. 

That's cool, you being an extra. Less cool is people booing an actress who's struggling with her lines! Very unkind, not to mention unprofessional. 

I have no idea if Leah really was difficult to work with, but I loved Cami and her relationship with Klaus and dearly hoped they would end up together, so I am really gutted right now. Davina's apparent death at Kol's hands was yet another blow. This is the first time we've seen goodness and decency in Kol, so forcing him to murder the woman he loves is a particularly cruel punishment. 

What makes it worse in Klaus and Cami's case is that since her becoming a vampire, the two had been mostly estranged and never got the chance to follow up on that Christmas kiss from the end of last season.

Given how fond the show currently appears to be of allowing the characters teensy glimpses of happiness before cruelly snatching them away, karate-chopping said characters in the gut and then running away laughing, I'm starting to wonder if Joss Whedon hasn't sneaked onto the writing staff somehow. 

Bad Things need to happen to Lucien, and soon. AND to the ancestor-witches, for their spiteful meddling.

And in the meantime, I need chocolate and hugs :(

Edited by Argenta
  • Love 4

I just got caught up on everything (i was behind for a while). holy heck. talk about everything is happening. But - something i am most curious about. I get that 1 Ancestor person is mad at Davina ... but why do all the Ancestors hate Davina?