Type keyword(s) to search

The housewives arrive in lavish, resplendent Dubai. But not even the world's biggest shopping mall can curtail their bickering which is fueled to a boiling point by scorching desert temps.

Pettifleur is so oblivious. Jackie brings a black cloud when she enters a room? Really? Yet you seem to be the one always complaining when the women don't kiss your feet and throw rose petals in your path when you arrive.

I loved the shopping because Gamble, Chyka, Jackie & Janet seemed to be having the best time together…but Pettifleur's group didn't have as much fun.

Also, I liked the chilling with sharks, dolphins, etc. Everyone looked like they really enjoyed themselves.

Lydiot really earned her name this week. She could barely talk in her THs, and when she did she thought a sixth-grade level lowbrow remark was over everyone's head. Ridiculous. Then she whines that she hasn't had the proper attention…because of Chyka! Ha! No wonder she gets along with Pettifleur…for now.

Aww…Chyka's family surprising her was the best part of the episode.

1. Jackie is now a raging nasty bitch

Or

2. It's even worse with Pettifluer than we have seen, or can comprehend through our screen.

I say 2, but I think Pettifleur has shown on-screen that she is terrible enough that I'd never want to be around her.

• Love 7

PF's constant need for attention is tiresome. Gina is right, it's not enough for PF to be complimented, she wants to be acknowledged in a way where she feels like others are jealous or envious of her. It's one thing for her not to realize how self absorbed she is but to rebuttal with 'look at me, why wouldn't I want to talk about myself?' clearly she knows she's self-absorbed but feels that the world should be grovelling at her feet. PF wants to call people out but doesn't like her own actions and words to be called out. Worse is that she complains that the women don't explain to her what their problem is but in actuality, the moment they try to call her out in a reasonable way, she takes it to the next level and starts to cry or think she's been victimized. The women are damned if they do and damned if they don't with her. 

Lydia is her usual idiot self. Janet's TH about her doubts about Lydia writing her own blog was hilarious - "First of all, it's in English". 

• Applause 1
  • Love 8

I'm really loving the Lydia/Pettifleur teamup this season. They may be ornery but someone's gotta do it, and I adore underdogs. Everyone ganging up on Pettifleur was awful (especially since she was essentially stranded in the desert) and she didn't even instigate it. Gina and Jackie are more alike than they realise- their inner bogan comes out whenever they start fighting.

Susie is bland and her bringing up the drama in the middle of the dinner shows what a hypocrite she is. She hates Lydia for shitstirring and then does the same thing. It reeks of desperation to be in Season 4 after her Lydia storyline bombed.

I wonder what the rumour about Chyka that Lydia is called out for next episode is. I'd assume it's something about Bruce's sexuality but that feels too obvious. My opinion of her is honestly a bit lower after seeing her participate in the attack on Pettifleur. Disappointing.

Edited by GuyAwks

1. Jackie is now a raging nasty bitch

Or

2. It's even worse with Pettifluer than we have seen, or can comprehend through our screen.

BOTH!!!

PF is the best example of Narcissistic Personality Disorder I have seen on tv. Fascinating to watch at short intervals but no way would I want to interact with her.

• Love 6

BOTH!!!

PF is the best example of Narcissistic Personality Disorder I have seen on tv. Fascinating to watch at short intervals but no way would I want to interact with her.

Absolutely !

And when ALL the HoWives tell you the SAME THING, at the SAME TIME, it's, maybe, that's there some thruth in it !

OMG ! She's a clinical study case !

Looking forward to next week...

PS : Anyone here who follows the RHOBH ? Because if yes, it was really interesting to see the differences in their respective trips, as they -quite- did the same activities and went to the sames places, hotel, etc.

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I'm really loving the Lydia/Pettifleur teamup this season. They may be ornery but someone's gotta do it, and I adore underdogs. Everyone ganging up on Pettifleur was awful (especially since she was essentially stranded in the desert) and she didn't even instigate it. Gina and Jackie are more alike than they realise- their inner bogan comes out whenever they start fighting.

Susie is bland and her bringing up the drama in the middle of the dinner shows what a hypocrite she is. She hates Lydia for shitstirring and then does the same thing. It reeks of desperation to be in Season 4 after her Lydia storyline bombed.

I wonder what the rumour about Chyka that Lydia is called out for next episode is. I'd assume it's something about Bruce's sexuality but that feels too obvious. My opinion of her is honestly a bit lower after seeing her participate in the attack on Pettifleur. Disappointing.

I can understand someone feeling ganged up when you're sitting with a group of people and everyone is pointing out your flaws but particularly for PF, but she brought it on herself. You can't treat people and behave that way without repercussions. When people have addressed her to her face, she spews back venom and tries to be insulting. When she's addressed with a group, she feels attacked. How can you ask people to explain why they feel the way they feel about you and under no circumstances are you ever actually willing to listen to what they have to say? The women aren't making up drama with PF. Just her on screen appearances you can see exactly the type of behavior and words from her that is wearing on the other women. In fact, the very things that the other women are trying to tell her is exactly what her sister tried to tell her and even then, she didn't see it. She is consistently self-absorbed. When people ignore her antics, she cries because she's not getting attention. When people try to address, she gets upset and either expels fire or sheds tears. It seems that the only option the women have that will keep PF happy is if they just suck it up, lavish her with attention and treat her like she's the best thing since slice bread. Lydia may be an underdog, but PF is not an underdog in the true sense of the word.

• Love 5

Absolutely !

And when ALL the HoWives tell you the SAME THING, at the SAME TIME, it's, maybe, that's there some thruth in it !

OMG ! She's a clinical study case !

Looking forward to next week...

PS : Anyone here who follows the RHOBH ? Because if yes, it was really interesting to see the differences in their respective trips, as they -quite- did the same activities and went to the sames places, hotel, etc.

yes but I no longer view Dubai the same after reading some of the articles posted on the RHOBH thread and watching The Slaves of Dubai documentary.

I did like how they showed more of the "sea world" activities (probably not actually Sea World but you know what I mean) but then I started worrying about animals in captivity. The HWs seemed to do more activities and it seemed better on this (Australian) version. Theoretically I would like to ride the camels but likely would have been like Gina. I liked the Melbourne version of the trip more even though I was disillusioned about Dubai by that point in time. I felt like we spent more time in Dubai but maybe it is because I had already seen the BH version. At least we didn't have Eileen on the trip. PF is also annoying but at least I was entertained by her delusional NPD ass, lol. I kept thinking of Kyle's hair at the Melbourne nights of arabia dinner (all the hair swinging).

• Love 2

yes but I no longer view Dubai the same after reading some of the articles posted on the RHOBH thread and watching The Slaves of Dubai documentary.

I did like how they showed more of the "sea world" activities (probably not actually Sea World but you know what I mean) but then I started worrying about animals in captivity. The HWs seemed to do more activities and it seemed better on this (Australian) version. Theoretically I would like to ride the camels but likely would have been like Gina. I liked the Melbourne version of the trip more even though I was disillusioned about Dubai by that point in time. I felt like we spent more time in Dubai but maybe it is because I had already seen the BH version. At least we didn't have Eileen on the trip. PF is also annoying but at least I was entertained by her delusional NPD ass, lol. I kept thinking of Kyle's hair at the Melbourne nights of arabia dinner (all the hair swinging).

Truthfully, I think having religious specific laws draws more attention to people to look up information on Dubai and discover such horror stories but the reality is that it extends to many popular tourist destination sites. People visit resorts in Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, etc. and are so caught up with the beauty of the resort that they don't have a true grasp of the realities of the locals who live in other areas of the country, city or even those who work at the resorts. The idea of a resort sounds nice in a way because it seems so relaxing but for the most part, I have my own ethical concerns with the treatment of the locals in the area where there are such large tourist attraction areas. 

• Love 2

I'm several days, episodes late and many dollars short, but holy and unholy hell, I've gone down a hole reading articles about Dubai and am genuinely, snark-free horrified and appalled by the showcasing of this place on my beloved shitshow of a TV show.  (I was sick, watched 'Syriana,' thumbs up, and then a RHOBH repeat, and then...)   Yes, I know one can't expect a bunch of materialistic, back-stabbing, bus-throwing-under Juvaderm and pink wine addicts to think about shit besides their own most selfish self-interest, and yes I 'knew' but didn't read much in terms of nitty-gritty detail and - this is a place fit only for the transactional Erika Jayne types.  YMMV but I'm tossing in some links, some older than others, for any interested night owls.  Grim reading.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2007/nov/12/familyandrelationships.firstperson

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/11936981/Who-in-their-right-mind-would-want-to-visit-Dubai.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2859734/The-Dubai-DON-T-want-tourists-Photos-desperate-conditions-endured-migrant-labourers-forced-work-50C-heat-pittance.html

I'm quoting you here so that the Melbourne HW fans can read the links about Dubai since they also took a trip there. Thanks for the links!

Truthfully, I think having religious specific laws draws more attention to people to look up information on Dubai and discover such horror stories but the reality is that it extends to many popular tourist destination sites. People visit resorts in Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, etc. and are so caught up with the beauty of the resort that they don't have a true grasp of the realities of the locals who live in other areas of the country, city or even those who work at the resorts. The idea of a resort sounds nice in a way because it seems so relaxing but for the most part, I have my own ethical concerns with the treatment of the locals in the area where there are such large tourist attraction areas. 

One of the articles in the link said "A hideous fusion of hyper-capitalism and repressive theocracy?"and I found that interesting. Someone used an example of how Dubai is a bit different from other countries in that you can go to the Philippines and go to a hotel restaurant to eat and not worry about your money going directly to human traffickers of children and adults (sex slaves, work slaves) whereas almost all the manual or "blue collar" labor is indentured servants or slaves in Dubai. I'm not an expert in this but that is the understanding I got from the articles and a documentary video.

• Love 1

"A hideous fusion of hyper-capitalism and repressive theocracy?"

Interesting, I grew up in Singapore as an expat and that's exactly how I always described it. Ultra capitalist and catered to tourists, while at the same time being very conservative and authoritarian. I can easily see where the backlash to Dubai comes from- I'd honestly never want to go somewhere like that myself (which is good because I could probably never afford it anyway).

• Love 1

One of the articles in the link said "A hideous fusion of hyper-capitalism and repressive theocracy?"and I found that interesting. Someone used an example of how Dubai is a bit different from other countries in that you can go to the Philippines and go to a hotel restaurant to eat and not worry about your money going directly to human traffickers of children and adults (sex slaves, work slaves) whereas almost all the manual or "blue collar" labor is indentured servants or slaves in Dubai. I'm not an expert in this but that is the understanding I got from the articles and a documentary video.

When you look at the segregation of lifestyles between their wealthy and non-wealthy, it's not at all surprising that the wealthy continue to remain wealthy by taking advantage of everyone else. The most ironic thing is that for a country that is ruled by Sharia law, their lifestyles and many of their tactics are opposite of the very laws they are supposed to be enforcing across the land. Truthfully, I wasn't aware of the degree of human trafficking that goes on. I'd always thought Dubai would be a nice place to visit just once in my lifetime. I know all countries have corruption to some degree but ethically, I'm not sure how I would feel about myself to indirectly fund "government" that is so corrupt at the core.

• Love 2

Lydia AND PF are delusional. Listening to Lydia go on about Dubai was ridiculous. However the comment that stuck out for me was Janet saying Gamble should hang out and seek friendship from their little group when she's tormented Gamble from the very beginning. In fact every time Janet opens her mouth I shout "shut up scarecrow" at the TV. Janet should really stop doing things to her face--you're never gonna look 20 again (unless you get Susan Lucci or Demi Moore's surgeon).

• Love 2

I'd probably have acted like Georgina (haha!) on the camel. Start off nervous then get increasingly more so with every bump. Then I'd probably regret getting off especially after seeing how amazing it looked for everyone else riding through till dark!

Janet looked like a mannequin strapped onto the camel when hers started to buckle - she was so stiff I found it hilarious!

What on earth was Lydia doing in Dubai 20/25/26 years ago??

The shopping trip with PF looked very challenging. Totally agree with Gina - PF wants to be admired (as do they all) but the difference with her is she wants everyone to be seething with envy.

Don't know if anyone else saw this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3541819/Real-Housewives-Melbourne-star-Gina-Liano-slams-Gamble-Breaux-lying-recent-interview-Nova-s-Fitzy-Wippa.html 

Gina also posted an old photo of herself and LVP with a hashtag like #lisavanderpumpdidnotcallmeastalker. I think it's quite embarrassing that she so desperately wants everyone to know she has LVP's approval. Calm down.

On Monday, April 11, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Vicky8675309 said:

She really is so completely awful.

On Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 6:31 AM, platelets said:

What on earth was Lydia doing in Dubai 20/25/26 years ago??

The shopping trip with PF looked very challenging. Totally agree with Gina - PF wants to be admired (as do they all) but the difference with her is she wants everyone to be seething with envy.

Being a model a.k.a. prostitute. Honestly, so much of the modeling industry used to be super sketchy that I wouldn't be surprised if Lydia got weird invitations to decorate a yacht and model, but was too stupid to realize that she was being solicited for prostitution.

Pettifleur wants to subjugate others. It's not enough if they recognize her beauty. They need to be cowed by it. She actually hates people and especially women.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5

Petty Flour simply seethes if others not only recognize her greatness but also express chagrin at their own shortcomings and ultimate failure in coming close to such greatness.  Not only is that a hideous sociopathic tendency it also has nothing to back it up.  She is not that great.  She has no real friends it seems and thinks she is being ignored if more than two seconds pass without her being given accolades simply for her presence.

It is a howl seeing her and the Lydiot.  Petty Flour clearly hates the Lydiot but knows she has limited her choices for someone to try and look sympathetic with.  Gina feels sorry for her but also has a really low tolerance for her shit and has little compunction in telling her so.  On camera.  In a way that the Pettyness cannot refute or counter.  Plus I think the Pettyness is aware enough to realize what a fragile for the cameras house of cards the whole thing is with Gina with the Lydiot in the mix.  One wrong word from the Lydiot. in other words, her next sentence, Gina just might say fuck it to the whole charade and throw them over. 

And it is hilarious watching the Lydiot just blithely roll over the Pettyness without a single thought or regard for her.  It is clear that the Pettyness knows that the Lydiot just is using her to blather on about her feelings and self-importance.  If the Pettyness wasn't there I suspect the Lydiot would use the nearest palm tree as her audience. 

I remember that ski lodge that the Lydiot was so proud of in terms of her 'interior designing' so if she was in Dubai 20 or 25 years ago, she was likely nothing but an extra champagne and caviar girl at best.   And even if she had an ounce of skill in the interior design area, there was nothing to really do in that area back then.  The best part of the gift that is the Lydiot is that as viciously cunning as she can be at times, she is too arrogant and stupid to realize she is never the smartest person in the room even if she is the only one in it. 

This was another episode where Janet's voice gets all southern twang-ish.  Like she is doing a Larry Hagman-JR Ewing impression.  It is weird how she does that.  I can't tell if she is doing it on purpose because she thinks whatever she is doing with her voice makes her sound arch or if it when she actually has lost control emotionally and the twang is coming through unintentionally.

• Love 5

Why is Gina watching Celebrity Apprentice like Watergate with these ladies?  If Gamble wants to be upset because Gina, as her friend, left her pre-wedding festivities early, that's between the two of them.  But the other ladies need to STFU about it and butt out.   And yes, I'm really looking at you, Janet (although Janet's THs helped to redeem her.) 

When Pettifleur makes people like Ramona Singer, Bethenny Frankel, Jacqueline Laurita and Kim Zociak -- to name just a few - - appear to be selfless and utterly guileless, it's time for some serious self-inspection.  And therapy.  I think Petti just made herself the most self-absorbed housewife.  Ever.  Quite a feat.   I simply could not stand to be around her; she would make me crazy.  All that gazing at herself adoringly in the mirror(s), waiting for compliments and then telling others how awesome she is . . . just ugh.

Lydia is so jealous of Chyka, she's practically spitting.  Just own it, girl. 

Thank God Chessie didn't go with them.  I was worried when I saw her in Chyka's closet.

Loved the camel ride.  Loved the swimming with the dolphins/sharks/stingrays and playing with the sea lion.  Dream.

• Love 6

I LOVE Gina so much and the way she is brushing off the Celebrity Apprentice-gate is just hilarious! Everybody should've expected it. It was the premiere for one, but you're expected to also live-tweet those things so it's possible she had to do that as well. It's weird seeing them get so upset considering she WAS there for a good amount of time. I think the polite thing to do is to make an appearance, even if you can't stay at an event. She did more than that. I just wish I could be as effortless as Gina is in slaying people. She is just perfect in every way.

Pettifleur is another favorite of mine! It amazes me prior to season two I thought she was going to be this sexy, sane, smart housewife. I was so wrong! She is just bonkers! This week I couldn't understand what she was complaining about. It's almost comical at this point, hence Gina's frustration and laughing at her. I get it. I've never liked Jackie, but I did love seeing how Pettifleur gets under her skin and makes her eyes bug out lol. 

Lydia is the Goddess of Dingbats and did NOT let me down this week! The issue with Chyka makes no sense and I strongly feel like Chyka is the one you should NEVER want an issue with. It's just wrong. Chyka is so nice and understanding that it feels like no matter the issue you will always come out looking like an asshole coming for her.

Al in all, MUCH better trip to Dubai than Beverly Hills. These girls know how to have fun and bring the drama without taking everything so seriously and making it DARK. The US housewives need to be forced to watch this so they can learn how to chill.

• Love 3

One of things I noticed also about this trip in compare to BH is that I do think for the most part the cliques enjoy each other during the filming.  It might have to do with the fact that Melbourne is a little bit tighter of over lapping social circles it seems and not as cut throat as the elite circles in L.A. and those trying to not just keep their spot but eke out a perceived one higher up the ladder.   This show overall does have a smart balance that is still mostly women of equal standing, status and wealth.  It makes for sharper conflicts but it also keeps one from trolling the show itself like Frankelstein does on NY and how the likes of Brandi Glanville stick out like a sore thumb when compared to the homes, lifestyles and matter of fact approach to certain things the rest do. 

But when these ladies break up into their groups in Dubai, there is gossip and chatter about the missing members but there is also a more relaxed sense that made me feel like there is a lot of 'dull' footage of them simply getting along.  And for me, that makes the show more entertaining as odd as it may sound.  Strong real bonds even just during the time of filming make for a better show.  Kyle and Vanderpump enjoying their times together when it is not nattering on about the others makes for a well needed counterpoint to the snark and snarl that makes up the rest if not most of these shows. 

I think I am one of the few here that find Gamble wearisome and petulant and way too emotional about things.  I think in her own way she is just as self-centered as the Lydiot (no one touches Petty Flour) and she does seem needy but in a hindsight kind of way.  I know people like her who tend to wait until after something is all over and then whinge, softly but determinedly, about feeling neglected or slighted or just not done right.  Yet not single action or declaration made that could have nipped it in the bud or reached a simple amicable determination.  Since it looked like Gina skipped out on the wedding party simply taking over several tables to one side of a bar opened still to the public, the idea that Gina didn't just sit around like the others seems odd.  But Gina not telling the truth also seemed odd for her.  I felt there was some real contrivance there and the leap out the gate by the rest to create drama over it still in Dubai only re-enforced that. 

And I think Lydiot seethed because Chyka not only had the means to play hostess to them all more than once, but she got this big glamorous trip when the Lydiot has tried since season one to sell herself as this world traveling sophisticate who runs with an international crowd- when all she has this season is that silly Shane kerfuffle I suspect she herself has done everything she could to get started rumor wise and sharing dog painters with Johnny Depp.   And by the time of the trip it seems clear that Chyka, Janet and Jackie have little time to spend with her one on one.  Or even as part of a smaller offshoot.  I wonder if Lydiot saw her future on the show put in jeopardy by those three closing ranks pretty early on and the inclusion of Susie who I don't think was ever a friend with the Lydiot in back in their social days when they just cooed fake sugar coated niceties and air-kissed with a couple of feet of space between them.  I'm betting they probably did have a moment when they appeared to be all best friends and yet constantly spent it trying to one up and use the other as a stepping stone to loftier social climes.  In good part for the enjoyment of leaving the other in her dust.

Wow, a gang up on Petti.  It was funny how Petti acted like a parakeet staring into the mirror at herself, she all but squawked, "Pretty girl, pretty girl."  Her own sister told her the same things so it cannot be news to her about her self centered behavior.  

If Lydia has been going to Dubai for the last 26 years why not suggest doing something more cultural than the usual Housewives trip of the mall, camels, dinner in the dessert etc...how about a museum or speaking with the locals or venturing to a restaurant outside of the hotel? 

Janet was the shit stirrer at dinner for sure, getting things started between Gamble and Gina was not necessary but Gina shut it down fast.  I blame the producers for trying to get a food fight going.

I guess our next looky loo in to the culture of Dubai is the shook.  All these trips are the same.

• Love 1

Someone mentioned Petty Flour's partner at one point this season.  I think it is Gamble but it might have just been in a talking head.  Something about where are all Petty Flour's deals and successful business transactions that she has done by herself and not simply piggy backing on her partner's money, contacts and actual doings.  But to my knowledge he is nowhere to be found otherwise this season at all so far.

Sorry, I can't make this box go away.

Just finished binge watching this season so far, and it struck me that Jackie has to be pregnant or on hormone treatments to become pregnant.  Her breasts are enormous, she's put on weight (she looked absolutely pregnant when babysitting), and her moods are horrible.  Don't know if anyone else has already brought this up.  Her husband, on the other hand, seems to have lost the pudge.

Agree it was interesting that they went to the same places as RHOBH, but seemed like BH ladies were way more concerned with dressing appropriately, not swearing etc.

When PF was freaking while swimming with the sharks - weren't those manta rays not sting rays?!  As in, no actual stinger to freak out over?