Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

On 6/21/2024 at 3:04 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Yup.

*waves at Allie, Ciara, Ben*

It's paint by number at this point. Maybe they assume we all just nap through the show.

To be fair though, the Cin baby happened because they were wrapping up Cin. I do agree generally, though.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

To be fair though, the Cin baby happened because they were wrapping up Cin. I do agree generally, though.

If only they'd wrapped both Ciara and OllieBenAlex and then tossed them both overboard, weighted down by their overblown egos.

If only.......

I can dream, can't I??

• Like 4
  • Angry 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

^ is there a Hall of Fame for posts?

I would like to induct this one.

I'd rather throw it in the ocean.

• LOL 2

Well I guess the good news is, if you really like RSW, you'll be getting plenty of him!

I'm surprised they didn't cast him to play the younger versions of both Tom and Alice in that flashback!

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
On 6/21/2024 at 3:04 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Yup.

*waves at Allie, Ciara, Ben*

It's paint by number at this point. Maybe they assume we all just nap through the show.

Shawn and Belle too. Huge mistake even though I love my pyro Claire Bear🐻

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hi everyone,

in reference to the conversation about Alex/RSW, I just wanted to leave a quick reminder that our posts and comments have an impact on everyone around us. What that impact is, depends on a number of factors, including real life experiences as well as our show/character preferences and favorites. So, please keep in mind that a comment considered harmless by the person who makes it can be harmful to the person who reads it. Likewise, a comment that isn’t meant to be disrespectful, offensive or cause discomfort can still be disrespectful, offensive or cause discomfort.

Differing opinions and sharing our own, unique perspectives are important to a healthy community and to create an understanding for different points of views. As everyone’s opinion is equally valid regardless of how popular or unpopular said opinion is, though, it’s just as important to keep disagreements constructive, to not attack fellow posters personally, and to express likes and dislikes in ways that respect the opinions and preferences of the individuals around us.

Thank you. 

• Like 1

I hope she's not a boozy embarrassment of a character. She has a great look and could be a perfect Kate-like grey character with poise.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I know I've seen her in other things, just don't remember what.

Her sister is Kristen Scott Thomas, one of my favorite actresses.

I'm looking forward to seeing her!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On first glance, she reminded me of Patsy Pease. I hope she and Xander make peace and she stays. It will be nice for Kate and Maggie to have another woman to spend time with.  But, who will they pair her with, since no woman can survive without a man? The new Dr. Greene is too young and maybe not interested. Is EJ the only available man right now? Soon to add Stefan temporarily to the mix once Gabi finds out about Ava, although she will ultimately forgive him? 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, boes said:

I know I've seen her in other things, just don't remember what.

Her sister is Kristen Scott Thomas, one of my favorite actresses.

I'm looking forward to seeing her!

I remember her as Princess Diana in a TV movie on NBC way back in the day. 

She also played Bruce Willis's wife in Hostage.

• Like 2
(edited)
59 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well looks like Rex is back on set. I wonder if it's awkward for him given how his ex-wife is suing the show.

(3) brianne1017 on X: "Hurray! #KyleLowder is back on set at #DaysofOurLives! #Days #Rex (From Kyle's Instagram) https://t.co/TvIhiOZanA" / X

I thought he was a newscaster in Nevada. 

Edited by rcc
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't see the need for him. If he at least was a fresh face and not NOTBrady, then maybe...

We just got done with months of NOTNick.

I don't think he's sticking around it sounds like a visit. He has that broadcasting job for a local affiliate in Tahoe.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
12 hours ago, boes said:

Me too!

Christie Clarke is in Burbank this week too. No idea if she is filming but she lives in England now. Seems like all of Roman's kids are visiting. Maybe he's dying? Perhaps Josh wants to retire

• Useful 4
(edited)

To mark the 60th, another major death?

Depressing. But then so is Roman's non-existent arc. He came back as Josh and was rarely given anything meaningful afterwards.

Even this marriage with Kate seems lifeless.

Hopefully Carrie stays for a few weeks. Been waaay too long since her last visit.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Christie Clarke is in Burbank this week too. No idea if she is filming but she lives in England now. Seems like all of Roman's kids are visiting. Maybe he's dying? Perhaps Josh wants to retire

If Ron C. was still writing then I'd expect them to be in town to help Roman and Kate celebrate their new baby.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
9 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Well he will be 81 next month and just typing that you realize how old a lot of the Days cast is and it makes this long-time viewer rather wistful. Given how he's friends with Ken I can see him killing off Roman if Josh didn't want to continue anymore.

Alison did say this story shocked her and if she's only returning for Roman's funeral and not for EJ then that's a Sami visit I would actually welcome and would be shocking. 

That being said Roman being killed off the show is 30 years overdue. He stopped being relevant after Wayne returned in 1991. I was hoping the character was killed off in a plane crash when his version of Roman left town. 

I didn't care for JT in the role and I say this as someone that liked him as Chris Kositcheck(which is who he should've returned as). 

Depressing. But then so is Roman's non-existent arc. He came back as Josh and was rarely given anything meaningful afterwards.

Hopefully Carrie stays for a few weeks. Been waaay too long since her last visit.

She was in Beyond Salem a couple years back when her and Austin were in Switzerland.

Well it's August so these episodes won't air till May 2025 right? The 60th is in November.

• Like 4
On 8/13/2024 at 4:19 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Well he will be 81 next month and just typing that you realize how old a lot of the Days cast is and it makes this long-time viewer rather wistful. Given how he's friends with Ken I can see him killing off Roman if Josh didn't want to continue anymore.

Alison did say this story shocked her and if she's only returning for Roman's funeral and not for EJ then that's a Sami visit I would actually welcome and would be shocking. 

That being said Roman being killed off the show is 30 years overdue. He stopped being relevant after Wayne returned in 1991. I was hoping the character was killed off in a plane crash when his version of Roman left town. 

I didn't care for JT in the role and I say this as someone that liked him as Chris Kositcheck(which is who he should've returned as). 

She was in Beyond Salem a couple years back when her and Austin were in Switzerland.

Well it's August so these episodes won't air till May 2025 right? The 60th is in November.

I think the idea is that they will give us big storylines through the whole 60th year. November to November. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1