Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

From Jason 47

LATE SEPTEMBER SPOILERS...SKIP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED...AVERT YOUR EYES NOW!!

Having had a chance to look over the cast list taping today, this seems to be the group of people taping today (in the order of their call times). Combining that with the other sheet (taping schedule), I've grouped the people into these sections below. Also, based on the lists provided, I believe these will be the characters who are featured in the Bachelor Party scenes that are airing on September 27: Brady, Paul, Roman, Steve, JJ, Rafe, Sonny, Chad, Justin, Theo and a character named Gil.

We'll find out in late September if this was all corrrect!

Doing block A & B scenes at Eric's Farmhouse and Brady Pub:
Deidre Hall
Arianne Zucker
Greg Vaughan
Eric Martsolf (also at bachelor party per schedule)

Doing block C scenes at Brady Pub bachelor party:
Actor playing Gil (confirmed at bachelor party)
Christopher Sean
Josh Taylor
Stephen Nichols
Casey Moss
Galen Gering (also doing Interrogation Room scenes)
Freddie Smith
Billy Flynn (also doing Interrogation Room scenes)
Wally Kurth
Kyler Pettis
John Todd (Off-Screen Choreographer)

Doing block D & E scenes at Interrogation Room:
Sal Stowers (guess she's there since she reports same time as Kristian)
Kristian Alfonso
James Reynolds (looks like he might show up there too)

Doing Page 2 scenes (blocks F, G, etc...) (People from above could be in these scenes too)
Marci Miller
Jordi Vilasuso
John Aniston
Judi Evans
Suzanne Rogers
Paul Telfer

TWEET WITH "DAYS" TAPING SCHEDULE & PARKING CLEARANCE LIST FOR 4/21 REVEALS SOME MAJOR CASTING SPOILERS & STORYLINE SPOILERS...(Don't read below if you don't want to be spoiled)!!

Jordi Vilasuso (Dario), who was rumored to have wrapped his run in early March, is taping today, as is Paul Telfer (Xander), confirming both will be around for Ron Carlivati's storylines in September. Arianne Zucker (Nicole) is also taping today, confirming she'll be around until at least late September. Also confirmed taping, and still with the show in late September: Sal Stowers (Lani), Kristian Alfonso (Hope), Marci Miller (Abigail), John Aniston (Victor), Judi Evans (Adrienne), Suzanne Rogers (Maggie), Josh Taylor (Roman), Wally Kurth (Justin), Kyler Pettis (Theo).

A bachelor party & bachelorette party is taping today. The bachelor party at the Brady Pub is listed to air in Episode # 13181 (airing September 27).

Scenes taping today (for air in late September) include Eric's Farmhouse, Brady Pub and Interrogation Room. Also confirmed taping today is a bachelor & bachelorette party and mention that Andre has a party.

Eric and Marlena have scenes at his farmhouse and later at the Brady Pub; Brady and Nicole have scenes at the Brady Pub; Brady, Paul and Chad have scenes at the Brady Pub for the bachelor party, where someone is dressed in a baseball catcher's mask, and cigar smoke will be seen; Hope and Rafe have scenes in the interrogation room.

• Love 1

If I had to guess I would assume this is for a Paulson wedding...but that doesn't account for the bachelorette part does it? Why would someone be dressed in a catcher's mask if this was for John's bachelor party?

Surprised Eric's farmhouse set is still going to be seen that far out. I figured we would be done with it after Nicole and Brady left "Canada".

I wonder how many story decisions are made based around whether or not the show has to reuse a set in order to save money.

Edited by DisneyBoy
2 hours ago, Vyk said:

Never heard about Jordi leaving.  Is that really happening?

I didn't til I read it today.   Maybe they'll send Dario away for awhile to clean his character up because Higley had no idea to go about him at all.   I wonder if Demios gets killed off will it be Xander or Dario to finish him. 

Jason 47 had teased earlier that a famous star not associated with soaps would be coming to Days, and today he teased, "JOAN COLLINS, PATRICK DUFFY, MORGAN FAIRCHILD, DONNA MILLS...WHICH ONE OF THESE ACTING VETS WILL APPEAR ON "DAYS OF OUR LIVES" THIS SUMMER?? "Days of Our Lives" fans will be welcoming one of these acting vets to the show, and it's not just for a cameo appearance."

Actually, they're all associated with soaps, but for nighttime soaps.

• Love 1

Patrick Duffy was on B&B as Brooke's father, Joan Collins played Alexandra on GL for a few months, and I think Donna Mills had a limited run on GH.

Definitely more known for their prime time roles, but aside from Morgan Fairchild (as far as I know, anyway), they've all done daytime.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, katie9918 said:

Definitely more known for their prime time roles, but aside from Morgan Fairchild (as far as I know, anyway), they've all done daytime.

Morgan was on The City in the mid 90's which didn't last very long. It was what became of Loving after it went off the air.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, katie9918 said:

Morgan Fairchild got her big start on Search for Tomorrow back in the early '70s. I was really young then and had no business watching soaps after getting home from kindergarten BUT I totally remember her big relationship was with Peter Simon, later known as Ed Bauer on Guiding Light.

• Love 2

I didn't know that's where Morgan got started. SFT is one show I've never really read a lot about. I know Matt Ashford was on there for a couple years before he came to Days.

Funny you mention Jennifer Aniston, because Days is Julia Roberts' favorite soap.  She has talked for years about how much she loves the show. I believe she even mentioned she would definitely guest star if they asked.  She even told a story that she threatened to not show up to an awards show unless the producers sat her next to the cast. There was a point when "Salem Place" was a regular set back in the day and one of the kiosks was named "Julia's flowers".  Julia took it as a shout out.

I could totally see them writing a small story arc for someone like Julia Roberts and basically do what they did for James Franco when he did his stint on General Hospital a few years ago. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I don't want her back. Glad that's just an article saying her fans do.

They would not know good acting.  The Emmys probably won't either if they give her the Emmy over Anna Maria Horsford this weekend. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I'm a little late to the game here, but a bachelor and bachelorette party?  Who is getting married?  I don't see a Paulson wedding yet by September. . .  I'm guessing either Brady/Nicole or Rafe/Hope.

Probably Jarlena or the postponed Lucas/Adrienne wedding. 

There shouldn't be a PaulSon wedding that early...especially with Sonny turning down Paul's request to move in together yesterday. They need that for later in the year so they can bring back Will (I will never stop hoping and dreaming).

27 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

Probably Jarlena or the postponed Lucas/Adrienne wedding. 

John and Marlena aren't married?  I know they are Days royalty, but John has never been a favorite of mine, and Marlena is just boring lately, so I actually totally forgot about them.  Maybe Lucas and Adrienne...

• Love 1

John trying to foil Kristen's plans by banging her kind of cemented the divorce. That was 2013. By the time Theresa hit him in the head and he went into a coma in 2014 however Marlena was back by his bedside practically every day. I hate how devoted she is to him when she never seems to get that kind of support in return. Whatever this ISA mission is about had better be damned important, especially if it trumped Marlena nearly getting kidnapped again by Stefano.

I really don't want Lucas and Adrienne together so I'm kind of hoping Anne succeeds in catching his eye. Of course I'm also rooting for Eve and Justin to become a couple since they had really great chemistry in the past. Sadly that leaves Adrienne all on her own, but I would like to think this show could write a woman of a certain age being happy without being married to the father of her children. How naive am I?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

John trying to foil Kristen's plans by banging her kind of cemented the divorce. That was 2013. By the time Theresa hit him in the head and he went into a coma in 2014 however Marlena was back by his bedside practically every day. I hate how devoted she is to him when she never seems to get that kind of support in return. Whatever this ISA mission is about had better be damned important, especially if it trumped Marlena nearly getting kidnapped again by Stefano.

I don't mean to insult anyone's intelligence, but everyone does know that they had to write in his absence because the actor got injured, right?  I'm sure it'll never really be mentioned ever again, so I wouldn't get my hopes up that they came up with a good excuse that appeases fans.  

• Love 1

A good writer - heck, even a semi-competent one - could work with the curveball of Drake's absence and write something plausible.

Isn't that how we got Sami/Stan?

This was Joe's last storyline. They should have brought their A game. (Still bitter).

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really don't want Lucas and Adrienne together so I'm kind of hoping Anne succeeds in catching his eye.

I'm still confused as to why the writers had her choose him over Justin.  It made no sense to me.  Unless they have a long-term plan to reunite them eventually, I don't see how they'll work as a couple.  I could see Anne working perfectly with Lucas, though.

• Love 2

Adrienne and Lucas seem to have had some sort of grand relationship - on the show's backburner. I don't root for them and haven't seen much evidence of a great love. More like Lucas is a decent, 'boring' dude. Who is 'safe'.

Anne may be manipulative, but she'd probably give time with Lucas a good 'go'.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really don't want Lucas and Adrienne together so I'm kind of hoping Anne succeeds in catching his eye. Of course I'm also rooting for Eve and Justin to become a couple since they had really great chemistry in the past. Sadly that leaves Adrienne all on her own, but I would like to think this show could write a woman of a certain age being happy without being married to the father of her children. How naive am I?

Justin and Adrienne will get back together. The show has made them a destiny couple.  They have had  three marriages and they have four sons.  They belong together. Just like Lucas belongs with Sami. I will never understand why the show trashed them.  They were a destiny couple as well, from the moment they met and began to scheme and plot.  The night that they made Will sealed it for me. They were both so vulnerable and so damn honest with one another.  They really got each other. 

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

20-year-old actress Annalisa Cochrane has joined the cast, it's being reported that she's going to be involved with Joey.  There's speculation that she's going to be playing Allie Horton, and her arrival in town is what brings Sami back.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6346552/

Joey Johnson, her cousin?  I don't think Days is going down that road. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

20-year-old actress Annalisa Cochrane has joined the cast, it's being reported that she's going to be involved with Joey.  There's speculation that she's going to be playing Allie Horton, and her arrival in town is what brings Sami back.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6346552/

43 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Joey Johnson, her cousin?  I don't think Days is going down that road. 

Right.  Joey and Allie would be second-cousins through Kayla and Roman.  No way they'd get together.

Personally, I'm thinking (more like hoping) they're finally bringing on Joy Wesley.  She's unrelated to anyone except Chloe, so she's a bit of fresh meat.  And she'd give Chloe something else to do after this whole Holly mess has all but ruined her.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I wouldn't mind Lucas/Anne and definitely Justin/Eve....and Adrienne can die alone for all I care. I love Judi but Adrienne? No. I have residual WilSon hate for her treatment of Will from Day 1. 

• Love 1

Judi is awesome, I agree. Sucks that Adrienne has been meh for so many years now.

Annalisa Cochrane looks like the gal who played Melanie. That bums me out a bit. The child actress who last played Allie had a "normal"-ness to her I found really refreshing. I would like to see that maintained over casting some young pretty LA actress type.

I guess I'm just really sick of this show casting attractive looking people who could be underwear models or whatever (Lani, Eli, etc) but who don't have a natural presence on camera. Plus I think I was excited by the idea that Allie would take after her mother and that she wouldn't be a conventional beauty and might even be something more than an 80-pound waif once fully grown. To see Sami tell her daughter she doesn't have to have a certain body size would be really nice. I know I didn't watch all that much in the eighties and nineties but I seem to recall Sami struggling with her appearance and comparing herself negatively to Carrie, whom the producers eventually turned into the good girl to Sami's bad. There seemed to be a subtle message there about outward beauty (aka thinness) determining inner goodness and it always made me sympathetic to Sami.

It's a smart move to bring Allie on, especially with Lucas still hanging around with little to do. I just still really, really hope they don't waste this opportunity by opting to leave Will six feet under. This show is on its way out, fans are still pissed off about how he was treated and I can't imagine it would be all that difficult to bring Chandler Massey back or recast the part. If they don't do it at this point it's just stubbornness and I don't see how it benefits the show to keep him dead when it so badly needs to drum up positive press and ratings.

I look forward to seeing Lucas with his daughter though. Should make him happy...

Edited by DisneyBoy

Is there anyone that Allie wouldn't be related to, that's about this age range?  JJ?  Nope, Lucas and Jenn are related...  Theo?  But he's already the "solution" for the same problem that Claire and Ciara have.  Everyone is related to everyone.  I agree that the shows needs a few more outsiders if any relationships are going to work out.  They can't even bring back any of Sonny's brothers for her either.  (I guess that's one reason why I don't really hate the Hernandezes as a whole like other fans do - the show needs to stay away from incest...)  

Well, Sonny's twin brothers are not really related, they're adopted. And Alexander isn't Adrienne's son, he's Anjelica's.  Which reminds me, Jane Elliot is leaving GH, it would be awesome if Anjelica came back to Days and brought Alex with her.

• Love 3

Yeah Sonny's brothers wouldn't be related to Allie in any way, especially Alexander.  Wow, didn't know Jane is leaving GH.  I would love to see her come back as Anjelica especially with Alex on the scene.

But they do need to bring on more characters that aren't related. I'm definitely in for Joy Westley, Allie, and Benjy's son (?) coming to town.

It would be stupid to make the girl Allie if the point is to hook her up with Joey who is her cousin. It would make more sense to hook her up with Tripp who isn't related to her except by marriage and they never grew up together.

But ewww to pseudo-incest relationships.

I really don't want them to age up Sami's kids if she isn't really going to be sticking around. Allie is a Horton while Johnny and Sydney are Dimeras. Lucas isn't that interesting to have him play grumpy dad to any potential Sami-like daughter.

3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Well, Sonny's twin brothers are not really related, they're adopted. And Alexander isn't Adrienne's son, he's Anjelica's.  Which reminds me, Jane Elliot is leaving GH, it would be awesome if Anjelica came back to Days and brought Alex with her.

But how weird would it be to see Jane Eliot giving the side eye to her baby daddy Justin who played her son on General Hospital.......  only on daytime......just imagine if Wally screwed up and accidentally called her 'Mom'....

I think the issue with not aging Allie is that her, Johnny, Ciara and Theo were all around the same age two years ago and all of them becoming teenagers while Allie stays 12 would be strange. I for one am kind of excited to see a mini Sami if that's the route they go. The teens need a little spicing up. They tried Jade as the "bad" girl but it's not working to me and the others basically ignore her. Everyone being related is getting old though.  

I'm so tired of the libidinous "bad girl" and "bad boy" tropes on this show. I hope Allie comes on and...I don't know...wants to work for the UN or open a baking business. Something personal. Something human.

Maybe if we thought of these folks as real people the romances would be more compelling. I hate to think of every new character as little more than "fresh meat".

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm so tired of the libidinous "bad girl" and "bad boy" tropes on this show. I hope Allie comes on and...I don't know...wants to work for the UN or open a baking business. Something personal. Something human.

Maybe if we thought of these folks as real people the romances would be more compelling. I hate to think of every new character as little more than "fresh meat".

Not many folks left in Salem to match up with the current residents. It's becoming incestuous. Or moreso.

On 4/24/2017 at 10:16 PM, BlackMamba said:

They would not know good acting.  The Emmys probably won't either if they give her the Emmy over Anna Maria Horsford this weekend. 

WHEN I'M RIGHT I'M RIGHT. 

KM GOT THE FORGIVENESS EMMY WIN. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I've only seen her hilarious make-up instructional video. What else is she known for?

Knots Landing is one of the biggest shows she's known for. That's where I first saw her when I was young because my Mom loved the show. I didn't really start watching it until the last few years when she wasn't really on anymore.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005234/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

On 4/28/2017 at 3:31 PM, Silver Raven said:

I read WAY too much FF b/c I really want Alex to come to town and hook up with a resurected Will. SO many good stories there...to piss off saint Sonny the wannabe mobster.

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I've only seen her hilarious make-up instructional video. What else is she known for?

Knots Landing, General Hospital, etc... She's an 80s superstar.

On 4/28/2017 at 1:35 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Just like Lucas belongs with Sami. I will never understand why the show trashed them. 

Because first love isn't always everlasting love nor true love. The show didn't trash them (it may have trashed Lucas in that Days doesn't see Lucas as a viable leading man but that's a discussion for another day). Sami and Lucas are best friends. Days just showed that while Lucas can't really seem to move on from their past together, Sami did. There's nothing wrong in that. Sometimes you outgrow your first love and/or are no longer romantically interested despite still having love for them. That is what happened with Sami and Lucas. I think Days has been good in showing that for Sami, it's just not there for her anymore regarding Lucas and that's not wrong to feel that way. Better to grow than be stagnant when the romance isn't there. It's somewhat like Roman and Marlena in that Roman still carries that torch even thought Marlena has long since moved on from him. Marlena loves Roman, she's not in love with him, and there's nothing wrong with that either. They're still good friends and care about one another while they also have kids together. Same with Sami and Lucas. 

On 4/28/2017 at 9:22 AM, swtrgrl said:

I really don't want Lucas and Adrienne together so I'm kind of hoping Anne succeeds in catching his eye.

I always thought this was a dull pairing but I'm not excite about Lucas/Anne either.  That said, TPTB need to give Lucas something to do other than pining for a woman who doesn't feel the same way about him. It's overdue that Lucas has a love story of some sort with a woman who wants to be with him and that he can let go of the past with. 

I need RC's writing to kick in cause overall, this show is just terrible.  Also, when does Ari leave? I've over that Nicole/Brady mess, especially cause of how it basically crapped all over Theresa sacrificing herself for that numskull and their child. 

(edited)

I really want Alex to come to town and hook up with a resurected Will.

Twisty! In terms of canon though, I think Sonny is the first out guy in the family. Guess a brother could be bi though....

She's an 80s superstar

...with a hilarious makeup video. Seriously go watch it now...

I'm over that Nicole/Brady mess, especially cause of how it basically crapped all over Theresa sacrificing herself for that numskull and their child. 

Well we knew Brady would move on at some point, what with him not knowing what really happened with Theresa. I know this SL sucks but I can understand him turning to Nicole to find purpose again. They have history. It could have been worse. He could have shacked up with Chloe for a legit relationship. This one feels more like a rescue mission with benefits - hopefully Eric's return to Salem brings it all crashing down.

Edited by DisneyBoy