Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

On another site someone reported that VI is done at Days. We know from spoilers that Nicole breaks it off with Deimos but now maybe he will be killed off. 

I have mixed feelings about this because I like the actor since his days at Guiding Light. Also it's part of Dena's plan, not the new regime.

2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I've been campaigning for Joy to come to the show for years.  I'm really surprised that they haven't brought her back.  Her very existence was a huge plot point.  I always thought that they should have brought her back when JJ came back to Salem, as well as bring on Benjy's daughter to round out the Dimeras.  I would like to see Chloe play the big sister role with Joy.  They can even have Nancy and Craig recurring if they didn't want to back the whole Wesley family.

Hell, if they can bring on all the Hernandez siblings, they can certainly find room for Joy, especially with the Ciara/Theo/Claire crowd. 

Benjy had a son, Steven named after his hero and surrogate father Steve.  It was a mistake to kill off Benjy,  it was a waste to bring back the original actor as an adult, just to kill him off. I will never understand why the show brought back his killer Andre back to the show.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, rcc said:

On another site someone reported that VI is done at Days. We know from spoilers that Nicole breaks it off with Deimos but now maybe he will be killed off. 

If Deimos is murdered I won't say anything bad about this show for at least one episode. 

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Didn't they move back to Salem? I wonder how'll it will be explained why they suddenly left again. 

No, Brandon came back to finish out the remaining thirteen weeks of his contract.  Martha . . . I'm not sure why she returned.

Did we even get a scene between Belle and Chad discussing her work in Japan for DiMera Enterprises? If they used that as her excuse to leave Salem a few months ago, I would think it would make sense to reference it again...

Is there an ETA for Kassie de Pavia's return as Eve? In my head I'm pretending she's back in New York teaching at the Music Conservatory even though they never actually stated it.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Did we even get a scene between Belle and Chad discussing her work in Japan for DiMera Enterprises?

She went to Hong Kong, not Japan, and no, not yet.  But Belle dropped a mention to Shawn and Claire that she had finished her work there sooner than expected.

Edited by Michel

Unfortunately that is the problem with all the head writer changes.  No one has job security.  They just brought Belle back and now within six months she will be gone again.  So now we the audience have a clue not to get invested in any storyline involving her. 

Yay! I have no issue with VI but this character is a disaster and eating the show. I wonder how they'll keep him around until the summer considering the writing he's now getting is writing a character gets when they're about to be killed off. 

On 2/15/2017 at 0:19 AM, Michel said:

She went to Hong Kong, not Japan, and no, not yet.  But Belle dropped a mention to Shawn and Claire that she had finished her work there sooner than expected.

She told Chloe that she had business left in Hong Kong to finish up, and Shawn joked that he couldn't let her go alone now could he.  Then Belle said she hoped to be back very soon.  And that was the end of them; they are gone.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Arianne Zucker is leaving.  :'(  Her contract ends in April and she's leaving the show, so that means she'll be on till October.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/arianne-zucker-leaving-days/

I used to love the character of Nicole, but the way she been written the past year, and her endless moping about her dead Daniel, I'm not all that sad to see her go. I would have loved to have seen Ericole get back together, but that was probably never going to happen anyway.

Other on the other site, there's excerpts from the interview, and she says she was mad when Shawn Christian was fired, and that she told him she was quitting when her contract was up. She told the show she was leaving just before their long Thanksgiving break. Her last filming is in April.

• Love 2

Shawn Christian had been sucking the life out of Days for quite awhile before he was fired. Making him an egg baby and Melanie's long lost Dad didn't help either. I was glad when he left because other characters were seen more. Nicole blubbering over him for over a year has been a PITA though. If she wants to follow SC out the door then that's her choice. The character of Nicole needs a break anyway. To bad they couldn't write them off together instead of killing Daniel off. It's not like death is ever really permanent on Days anyway though. Maybe Daniel is wherever EJ is. 

• Love 4

Ugh - Daniel ruins everything.

I am really disappointed in this. Don't get me wrong - the actress is entitled to leave after so many years on the show, but I definitely think she's one of the few genuinely amazing actors they've got and this will clearly put the kibosh on any relationship with Brady or Eric so I feel like two other characters are getting screwed over in the process.

I was so hoping they would invest some time in showing her as a successful career woman again after her truncated stint with Basic Black and DJ Wear. I somehow doubt that will happen now.

Wasn't there some talk about the new head writer wanting to emphasize Chloe and Brady and Eric and Nicole? Was that just fan speculation?

• Love 3

I don't mind Eric with Jennifer so far and would love to see Chloe actually  paired with EM's Brady. Maybe they can get her back in the future somehow like they do with just about everything else. Just hope that Eric isn't written off again if they decide to try Ericole again as a way to usher Nicole out the door. 

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Arianne Zucker is leaving.  :'(  Her contract ends in April and she's leaving the show, so that means she'll be on till October.

Wow! I am shocked and disappointed in this news. I wonder if the blind item I read about a Days vet leaving is AZ. SC is having a successful movie career and I guess AZ wants to try it too. They are living together now as a family with his son and her daughter. I wonder if they send Nicole off to jail for kidnapping Holly. 

• Love 2

Huh.  I thought Shawn Christian wanted to leave and had no idea he was fired.  

Anyway, I'm also disappointed.  AZ is the best actor on this show and Days still hasn't filled the holes left by other high profile characters.  I wonder what they're going to do now?

Hopefully AZ will find success outside of Days.  She (as well as Jen Lilley) would be wonderful as sleuths in one of the book series that Hallmark has made into tv movies.  I watched bits and pieces of one a couple of weeks ago that starred Jewel and it was painful to watch her acting - they should have cast AZ instead.  She would have been great opposite Colin Ferguson.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, rcc said:

Wow! I am shocked and disappointed in this news. I wonder if the blind item I read about a Days vet leaving is AZ. SC is having a successful movie career and I guess AZ wants to try it too. They are living together now as a family with his son and her daughter. I wonder if they send Nicole off to jail for kidnapping Holly. 

25 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Anyway, I'm also disappointed.  AZ is the best actor on this show and Days still hasn't filled the holes left by other high profile characters.  I wonder what they're going to do now?

This isn't good news for the show at all IMO.  I agree that AZ is the strongest actor Show has, at least in the younger set and there is no other character currently onscreen that I can think of that even approaches her level.  I go for weeks without watching an episode, although right now I'm tuning in - but I'm trying to imagine why I would bother with who's left, after AZ goes.

I wish her great success, or at least a slower paced life so she can enjoy herself.

• Love 4

I think it's pretty noteworthy that Belle and Claire didn't exchange a word of dialogue about Philip or the status of her divorced parent's relationship, even though that's all the two of them spoke about previously.

Eve has been infinitely more likeable since she stopped being a regular character. It's like if the writers have too much time with a character they just destroy them.

• Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Well, that explains why they are giving her such crap story lines lately.  I really hope VI is gone before her.  Hopefully this leaves time for Nicole to actually get to mother Holly, and they can ride off into the sunset together.  That way, there is room for Holly to reappear when she is all SORASED.

Maybe she'll end up on the Hallmark channel - seems like that is where all former DOOL cast go LOL.

Edited by salvame
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Sonoma said:

For the first time ever I absolutely hated Belle so I was very happy to see her leave. I'm glad they made her likable again for this last go round.

I had only ever seen KS as sweet Belle, so that horrible version that showed up around the 50th made me instantly hate her. I thought it was the actress I didn't like, so was glad they let her be more likable this last time around.  

Hopefully when the dust settles and the cast exits occur, the show will bring back Shawn and Belle.  And Carrie and Austin. The show needs more families. And needs to play up the family relationships like they did in the 80's when I got hooked on this show.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Hopefully AZ will find success outside of Days.  She (as well as Jen Lilley) would be wonderful as sleuths in one of the book series that Hallmark has made into tv movies.  I watched bits and pieces of one a couple of weeks ago that starred Jewel and it was painful to watch her acting - they should have cast AZ instead.  She would have been great opposite Colin Ferguson.

Oh man, that would've been awesome! I love Colin Ferguson, and he and AZ would've been so sparkly together that movie. *sigh*

Can't say I blame AZ for leaving, she's had shitty storylines for years and her tear ducts are probably ready for an extended break from crying. When will TIIC figure out they need to hold on to the gems they have? Soon it'll be nothing but newbies and hair models. And Josh Taylor.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Love 3

Well, I don't like for anyone to lose their job but was not sorry to see Daniel Jonas go bye-bye.  There were a few days when the character wasn't a sanctimonious jackass but those were few and far between.  Most of the time he was an awful know-it-all who was shoehorned into families and stories in which he didn't belong.  And I haven't forgotten all those times Daniel browbeat Nicole, slammed the door in her face, etc.  AZ's character was not (and still is not being) well served by the pairing.

• Love 3

Who can forget the forced drama of inserting him into Kristen's storyline in 2014? Look - he drags her back to town after she tries to hold him hostage! Look - now they're having grief sex together, almost!.....WTH?!?

He needed to go, and so do Rafe, Jennifer and Deimos. It isn't about the actors. It's not personal.

• Love 1

Brady. And he was all like " I was about to take you back until I saw you in bed with my best friend!" and I was all like "your WHAT?!?"

I don't even think Brady was upset with Daniel afterwards, or even confused. She had previously tried to cut his throat with a box cutter during their ride back to Salem, but then weeks later she wanted him in bed? Sure writers...whatever you say.

• Love 1

I haven't been watching for a couple of months but the news about AZ grabbed my attention.  Why did they let Shawn go when they built the whole show around his character? They're still milking Daniel over a year later!

I swear, I wish they could all just leave and stick it to that arrogant Corday.  I'd love to see Days on another network with decent writers for once.

Nicole might be in the midst of a bad storyline, but her absence will eventually leave a big hole.  They had better lure a vet with some talent back if they want to bring some life back to this show.

14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Brady. And he was all like " I was about to take you back until I saw you in bed with my best friend!" and I was all like "your WHAT?!?"

I don't even think Brady was upset with Daniel afterwards, or even confused. She had previously tried to cut his throat with a box cutter during their ride back to Salem, but then weeks later she wanted him in bed? Sure writers...whatever you say.

I had TOTALLY forgotten about this! That was so weird...

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...and there's a mental image I could've lived without!

*runs for the toilet*

Shame on you, my friend.  Now that image is stuck in my head.

Oh the horror!!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Polaris said:

DisneyBoy, boes, I aim to please.  ?

And now, along with the milking image, there's Nicole's call to the doctor yesterday about the lactation issue and Holly not taking formula.....brain freeze currently in progress, please stand by....

• Love 2

"Mia" is being cast for Days. 
Based off the character description, this might be the Ciara recast. 

Thatsup.info is very happy to share  news that Stephanie Fantauzzi ("Blue Bloods," "NCIS Los Angeles," "Chicago P.D.") is reading for the role of "Mia," on "Days of our Lives" who is purportedly rich, a little scary, wears jeans and tees and rides a motorcycle.

There is a video of the young lady who auditioned below in the article.  Nothing to write home over since it's audition. 

http://www.thatsup.info/2017/03/judilin-bosita-joins-days-of-our-lives.html

Actress IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4097097/

• Love 1

The sex addict stuff was taped before they got rid of the Ciara actress.  I think she last taped in mid-November, so she should air until late May/early June.  The professor should air soon I'd guess.

Edited by ihavenoidea

I hope that "ripped jeans/motorcycle girl" isn't really the description of the Ciara still to come. I really wanted Days to go back to little LB's somewhat selfish princess take on the character and just mature her a bit. That's probably who she should have been from the start.

Professor Kinky is not welcome here. We don't need yet another obsessive newcharacter after Jade, Lani, Claire and Summer (nope, still not over her).