Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: If I Could Do It All Again

Luke and Riff are excitedly planning their upcoming tour, but Luke soon realizes he may have moved too quickly in the decision to have Riff on the road again. Meanwhile, Deacon and Frankie clash about Vita, with Frankie making a damaging decision that could change everything.

Promo:

Juliette isn't back yet? I don't really care about anything else going on in right now.

Anyways, Frankie seems to be the worst business partner ever. He just seems angry and not excited about anything and clearly regrets going into business with Deacon. I mean, I regret it too only because The Beverly now exists-still an awful name-and has decided to give home to another character named Vita when this show seems to be heading to being cancelled, the last thing we need is a Vita. And her sad tale of life. We have a lot of sad tales on this shows. Maybe we can get  a happy tale at some point? Also, Frankie is now drinking again, so.. whatever.

I also don't care about Riff-Raft or whatever the hell his name is. Although his takedown of Luke was kind of funny.

Layla is the worst femme fatale ever and isn't hiding her crazy well at all. When she was talking to Glen about working with Avery and how she "loves him", it's like, pull it back girl. You want to not come as a crazy eyed stalker psychopath when trying to pull a revenge swoop. Even Glen was like, "uh..what?"  Take your sparkly .
.jacket elsewhere. The only thing this Layla wants revenge plot does is remind me when Juliette wanted Deacon as her band leader away from Rayna and did it so much better! SHE SENT HIM A THOUSAND DOLLAR GUITAR! That was awesome. God, I really miss Juliette. .
I know some stuff happened with Will turning down a record label and some stuff with Scarlett and Gunner, but I think I fell asleep.

Okay, how many love interests is Avery getting now? First the show seemed to be hitting us with a possible Avery/Emily thing, then they have Layla minutes away
from boiling bunnies for Juliette for him, and now some single mom random? The hell...? But I do kinda wish he stayed with the single mom only to be away from
Layla.

Maddie sucks and so does Cash. WTF was that being picked up at school thing and leaving Daphne there? And yes, Colt was being kind of rude with the "all music is prancing around stage" but whatever. Maddie is rude, insufferable, and Cash isn't  that nice. I'm pretty sure she may be in love with Maddie- also how old is Cash? Is she an adult or just like 17?- and seems to have a hate on for Colt, because he's Maddie's boyfriend. And also Colt is the best. His speech to Maddie was kind of awesome. Maddie is just terrible. I think I should care for her but I don't.

I'm glad Rayna finally  had a talk with Daphne but I still feel for her most of all.

I'm taking Juliettes return next week as my early birthday present, since my birthday is the next day! 

• Love 7

Cash is creepy AF. Visibly being uncomfortable at the sight of Maddie with Colt, talking Maddie out of trying to work it out with him (almost like she's jealous of him) and the eyes she was giving Maddie at the Bluebird?

She's a twenty-something. Maddie is 16.

No thanks.

(I also don't for one second believe she gave two shits about getting Maddie home on time. I'm sure she was just trying to get Maddie to stop talking to Colt.)

• Love 8

Well...that was interesting.  Is Vita dead?  The cop mumbled something and I didn't hear it.  If she is too bad so sad...we don't need any more people with crappy pasts.

I wish Rayna would sign Will already so at least he can be happy.

I wonder if Luke's friend Riff? Biff? cheats on his wife.  It looked like that woman was after him but his hasty exit made me think she was meeting him outside.  Maybe I'm just jaded after watching this show for so long.

Layla scares me.  Run Avery.

Scarlett and Gunther  makes me roll my eyes.

Someone refresh my memory as to who Cash is please.  I think I recall her being Frankie's daughter but I'm finding that very hard to believe.  They don't resemble each other at all.  Speaking of which...Frankie?  Jealous much?  Drinking again.  Please set fire to the Beverly so we don't have to hear that name again!!

• Love 1

Not sure what part annoyed me the most, Vita stealing and then doing the "bad guys" speech, Maddie snapping at both Daphne and Colt, Layla being a diva, Frankie drinking, or the waste of time known as Riff.

I guess I'm going with "The Beverly" now becoming a premium place for music. Because we'll have to keep hearing the name.

Avery was all kinds of cute with the single mom, and little Cadence waving just melted me!

• Love 5

I mean, I know we should have some sympathy towards Frankie being a recovering addict so him taking a drink is a big deal but damn if him getting all upset that Deacon is the one getting the praise for the Beverly becoming something more than a dive bar, so he takes a drink. Like to me, that just looks like a tamper tantrum., I know it was supposed to be a big dramatic thing- and again it brings me back to when this moment was much more powerful in season 1 when Deacon found out about Maddie being his daughter, but this was done better and was actually a thing I could understand- but like I said, it just makes Frankie look immature and stupid. And perhaps I am heartless for seeing it that way. 

• Love 14

If you freeze it when he was talking to Deacon on the phone last week there is a glass with an amber substance on the rocks.

I don't think this show even knows what they want to do.

Edited by airwair
  • Love 2

What a weird show. Not sure if Maddie could be more tone deaf to her sister. (I know she has issues after having sex and he hasn't called, etc., but really I'm over the middle school drama.). Starting to feel creepy with Cash around all the time trying to separate Maddie from her boyfriend (now ex) and her sister. Boyfriend (can never remember his name) is having issues of his own - his dad may have to go to prison for failing to pay the IRS. She should know how that feels. :-). And there is no way a 16 year old wrote that song about her first time, when she is still 16. Her character doesn't seem like she could write that. She has no world experience and it was too mature for her character. Maybe if we saw her, I don't know, read a book and whine less, I might could believe she wrote it. I want to know what school the girls go to, because they never have homework or projects.

I do wish Riff (?) had called Frankie up on stage to remind Deacon that he is a great singer in his own right. (And I loved me some Mark Collie back in the day.)

Also not sure last week (was it just last week) about rednecks throwing bottles at the bar at Will. I don't know any bar/club here in Nashville that would allow heckling like that to continue. I am glad WIll told the "We R GAY & We Sign Anyone Whose Gay" record label No. That was always a concern about Will - about being labeled a gay artist and not just an artist. So good for him. It would have really pigeon holed him and he is talented enough to be bigger than that. I wish Rayna would just sign him already.

Re: Layla - please find someone closer to her own age for her to like. Maybe someone who will help her dress in something other than black. Her revenge game is strange. I was hoping by knowing Juliette was in rehab would help change her mind as to the game. But she hasn't found her soul yet so I guess game on.

Finally, don't know why they made such a big deal about the Scarlett and Gunter writing credit. That seemed pretty solvable with a text between them, not all the time they got.

• Love 2

Wow, Frankie is a really bad business partner. One fight and a show and he is already hitting the bottle. 

Poor Avery is just moving on from the Juliette drama, and now he has a stalker in the works. Will his life ever stop being utterly ridiculous? 

Maddie and Cash is really strange to me. I mean, Maddie is being as self centered as she always is, but now with this added weirdness of this grown woman wanting to hang out with a 16 year old all the time. So weird. 

I actually liked the Scarlett and Gunner plot. I do wish we could hear them do a full song together though. There has been a real lack in actual music lately. 

• Love 1

Frankie makes Daphne look emotionally mature. Actually, wait -- Daphne might just be the most emotionally mature person on the show.

This week solidifies my plan to fast-forward through Layla's continuing foolishness.

• Love 10

This episode wasn't terrible but what does it say about me that the preview was the most exciting part I watched all night? Juliette Barnes making her way back to Nashville! Yay!

Also Layla stop trying to be Juliette. The diva act doesn't work for you. Avery, run. You in danger!

Cash you are starting to be clingy with a 16 year old. It's weird. I can't imagine why this 20 something year old doesn't have friends her age. Possibly because she doesn't want them to hang out with their boyfriends. Maddie you are still being a terrible sister. Poor Daphne; All she wants to do is sing with her sister and hang out and Maddie can't blow her off fast enough. I'm glad Rayna was actually paying attention this week and stayed home with her.

• Love 3

It is nice that Rayna wants to help all the stray music cats and everything but I think she should also help her actual family. She hardly talks to her daughters anymore, remember when we were all saying that talk she had like 5 seconds before heading down the alter she probably should have had months ago, she should have been talking to Daphne a bit ago too...yeah. Sadly Rayna James is no Tami Taylor, despite me wishing she was. 

It's strange that a 20 something wants to hang out with a 16 year old. I think we all are right on suspecting she is in love with Maddie because she really was using all the ways to get Colt out of the picture as soon as possible. 

Daphne is the only sane person left on this show. Well. Maybe her and Will. Maybe they can start a band together.

• Love 5

Man, Cash was being a huge cockblocker this week. First she totally interrupted Maddie and Colt kissing goodbye with her lame "I have to get Maddie home on time," and then she kept texting Maddie when she knew that she was spending time with Colt. SWF alert! I can't tell if Cash is just being one of those people who can't standing sharing her friend with anyone else or if she's secretly in love with her.

Poor Daphne. Maddie can't throw her a fricking bone and pay attention to her for even a minute. Everything is ME, ME, ME with Maddie. I was cracking up/shaking my head that after Maddie told Daphne she was upset for "personal reasons," she kicked Daphne out of her own living room. If you want privacy to bitch to your BFF, then go to your own room, Maddie!

Maddie was also a brat with Colt. He is finally doing what she asked for - paying attention to her, coming to spend time with her, acting like a boyfriend, etc. and her reaction is to say, "I already have plans to go to sound check with Cash. But maybe you can tag along, mmmkay?" I'm not one of those people who will flake for lame reasons, but when your boyfriend lives in a different city and he shows up to surprise you for a day and a half, the least you can do is spend some time with him. It's not like going to sound check is something that requires your presence. I'm pretty sure Cash can handle that by herself.

Will is one of the only people on this show with any self awareness. When he stopped complaining and then told Gunnar that he should be celebrating his success and got up to hug him, I was like FINALLY, someone on this show who isn't too self centered to acknowledge that their friend has stuff going on too!

I know we should have some sympathy towards Frankie being a recovering addict so him taking a drink is a big deal but damn if him getting all upset that Deacon is the one getting the praise for the Beverly becoming something more than a dive bar, so he takes a drink.

What really annoyed me is that Frankie admitted that the bar was a dive and doing so poorly that it was about to go under (which is why Deacon joined him as a partner in the bar in the first place), so any praise about how much better the renovated bar is doing is well deserved by Deacon since he's the one who made that all happen. I was also rolling my eyes when Frankie was whining about his spot getting taken by Riff. Gee, what is a better business decision? Letting the owner play his regular weekly set or having a legend who just came out of retirement play a set? You know that Frankie would have chosen option #1 which may be part of the reason that the old bar wasn't doing well financially.

• Love 14

Man, Cash was being a huge cockblocker this week. 

I think Cash is trying to hook up with Maddie, that's why she's cockblocking.

I am so not interested in Vita or her story, or Frankie & his addiction, or Maddie & her teenage angst, or Luke & his has-been bestie, or Layla stalking Avery, or Will & his gayness. I don't know why I keep watching this show.

• Love 3

I thought that the mom from the playground was going to end up being an undercover tabloid reporter trying to get dirt on Avery's relationship with Juliette, so I was relieved that she ended up being a normal person who just didn't want to hear about someone's ex for an entire date.

• Love 12

Does Daphne have any friends of her own? She seems to want to spend every minute of every day with Maddie.

Nothing about the relationships on Nashville is realistic any more. I've yet to watch last night's episode as I thought it would be less painful to read the comments first and then decide.

• Love 7

Does Daphne have any friends of her own? She seems to want to spend every minute of every day with Maddie.

I found myself wishing that Colt would invite Daphne to go with him to volunteer at a homeless shelter or Habitat for Humanity or whatever he's into these days and they'd become like a little "decent happy people doing good things they enjoy" bubble on this show, and when Cash finally outstripps Layla on the crazy-track, which she's on pace to do, Daphne and Cash could be like "not interested in your problems Maddie, we're off to not be totally self-centered"

I died when Maddie said "I love you, but i don't like you anymore" - was that DIRECTLY out of the Deacon/Rayna playbook?

• Love 2

Nothing about the relationships on Nashville is realistic any more. I've yet to watch last night's episode as I thought it would be less painful to read the comments first and then decide.

Quite true, but I was still pleasantly surprised by how mature Luke and Deacon act with each other, being nothing but professional. That was nice.

I'm not sure Layla wants revenge for Jeff's death anymore, and I'm not even sure she ever wanted to. I think she's just lost and like Glen said, she's trying to fill a void somehow. I think for a moment she thought she had feelings for Avery and now realizes they're better off being friends. Well, that's what I get out of this episode, but it might change next week, since the writers don't seem to know what they want either.

• Love 3

I feel like Luke and Deacon get along because the writers have just forgotten that you usually hold a bit of a grudge against the man you were jilted at the altar for.  And the be all end off of this show is NO ONE STANDS BETWEEN DEACON AND RAYNA WHO ARE ALWAYS RIGHT IN THE END!

Could we move this Gunnar/Scarlet thing ahead... and just have them get together and sing some pretty songs about being in love?  At least that would be some lightness to this show.

Edited by butterly17
  • Love 6

I feel like Luke and Deacon get along because the writers have just forgotten that you usually hold a bit of a grudge against the man you were jilted at the altar for. And the be all end off of this show is NO ONE STANDS BETWEEN DEACON AND RAYNA WHO ARE ALWAYS RIGHT IN THE END!

Could we move this Gunnar/Scarlet thing ahead... and just have them get together and sing some pretty songs about being in love? At least that would be some lightness to this show.

Their kids were also dating so there had to be some civility for their sake. And at some point grown men stop throwing punches and temper tantrums when they see each other and act cordial, especially when both of their businesses are involved.

• Love 2

Knowing going into the episode that he was going to fall off the wagon, I swore he was drunk when he was chasing Vita out. Guess not.

There's been several scenes where I thought he had been drinking.  Dear Nashville - I just do not care about Frankie.  Or M̶u̶c̶u̶s̶  Markus.  Or Riff Raff.  I kinda like V̶e̶g̶e̶m̶i̶t̶e̶  Vita, but don't carry about her sister.  Or Layla. 

What a weird show. Not sure if Maddie could be more tone deaf to her sister. (I know she has issues after having sex and he hasn't called, etc., but really I'm over the middle school drama.). Starting to feel creepy with Cash around all the time trying to separate Maddie from her boyfriend (now ex) and her sister. want to know what school the girls go to, because they never have homework or projects.

I was thinking that Cash was looking a little rough for someone only a few years older than Maddie, but per IMDB Jessy Schram was born in 1986.  Her interest in Maddie is suddenly looking a lot more creepy/stalkery.  Especially when who ever plays Colt actually looks like a teenager (don't know how old he is).

I felt so bad for Daphne, but I'll give Maddie a pass on being a self absorbed teenager in the middle of Total! Teen! Drama!.  Because that is what happens.  It sucks to be the younger sibling when it comes to that. 

Looks like Bucky has finally stopped wearing that doG awful rug.  Good for him.

And I loved Will pulling out of his own problems to properly encourage Gunnar.  I totally love Will.

• Love 4

I know the show has too many characters, but I can't wait for Alicia Witt to show up. I say trade her for Frankie, The BeverLLLy (Deacon's pronunciation), Cash, Vita, Riff, and Colt.

I think I'm the only one who likes Layla.

I was thinking that Cash was looking a little rough for someone only a few years older than Maddie, but per IMDB Jessy Schram was born in 1986.  Her interest in Maddie is suddenly looking a lot more creepy/stalkery.  Especially when who ever plays Colt actually looks like a teenager (don't know how old he is).

Wow, didn't realize Jessy Schram was 30. She definitely looks older than Lennon, but I figured 24-25 or so. 

Keean Johnson, who plays Colt, is 19.

Re: Layla - please find someone closer to her own age for her to like. Maybe someone who will help her dress in something other than black. Her revenge game is strange. I was hoping by knowing Juliette was in rehab would help change her mind as to the game. But she hasn't found her soul yet so I guess game on.

Well, there is no soul to find so...

I actually liked this episode. Not enough to watch it again and I didn't care for any of the songs, including Scarlett's but I was glad to see Rayna talking to Daphne. I don't care anything at all about Riff, but I'm glad Luke reached out to contact Colt again. I have a teeny bit of sympathy for Maddie regarding Colt, but Cash's interest in her is very strange. She clearly didn't want her spending time with Colt. 

Frankie's sobriety seemed to be so fragile. It didn't make sense that he'd throw away years of sobriety for that little disagreement with Deacon. He was that jealous of Riff getting his spot and then Deacon singing? That was worth all those years? He practically ran back there to get that bottle and didn't hesitate that long before taking it to the head. Dramatic much? He didn't seem to give a single thought to what he was throwing away. Anyway, that won't end well.

I don't really care about Vita and I really didn't like her song at all, but I hope she isn't dead somewhere.

I love Will. I love Daphne. I want happiness for them.

Cadence is adorable and the single mom was cute. Too bad Avery was that guy on their date and she was 100% right to pull out of that. It's a shame too because I'd MUCH rather it be her than Layla. 

And speaking of her revenge plot, why would she have insisted on working with Avery when she thought he and Juliette were still happily married? She was planning to make Juliette jealous by befriending him? Why would Juliette have been jealous of someone he was producing an album for? Yeah, Layla was planning on doing something with him from the beginning. That little diva fit she threw when he said he had plans? The shit-eating grin on her face when he said it didn't work out - her plans are still on. 

• Love 4
I have a teeny bit of sympathy for Maddie regarding Colt, but Cash's interest in her is very strange. She clearly didn't want her spending time with Colt.

I do too, amazingly enough. Colt's a different kid after what he saw and the way his Dad behaved, and with him not sharing any of that with Maddie I can understand why she's upset and confused, and why she would walk away. I liked seeing a tiny bit of empathy from her when she was crying to Cash on the phone, saying that there might be something wrong given the dramatic change in his behavior. She was right, but then Cash had to go and talk her out of it.

Cash is reading as stalker/obsessive to me. I had a boyfriend like her once, it didn't end well - for him anyway ;) But it's not cool separating Maddie from both Colt and Daphne. One can only assume Deacon and Rayna are next.

Frankie's sobriety seemed to be so fragile. It didn't make sense that he'd throw away years of sobriety for that little disagreement with Deacon. He was that jealous of Riff getting his spot and then Deacon singing? That was worth all those years? He practically ran back there to get that bottle and didn't hesitate that long before taking it to the head. Dramatic much? He didn't seem to give a single thought to what he was throwing away. Anyway, that won't end well.

I don't know any alcoholics so I don't know if Frankie's behavior is normal or not, but I was surprised too when he tossed away decades of sobriety because somebody thought the bar was better than it had been. Isn't that why Deacon got involved in the first place? And didn't Frankie admit that he wasn't good at the business end? And why would he be jealous of Riff getting his spot? The guy's a big deal and kicking off a tour at your place, shouldn't Frankie be excited and counting the cash rather than getting his nose out of joint? He can perform any other time. Have I missed something else going on?

" I don't know why I keep watching this show." - GaT

Me neither, GaT. It used to be 'appointment TV' for me along with Good Wife, Suits, Scandal and so, so many others that have descended into the crapper due mostly to poor, inconsistent writing.

It's helping me make the decision to cut the cord for cable that much easier. I watch mostly network and netlet shows and half of 'em aren't worth my time, just mindless time wasters.

• Love 3

There was Sage, Colt's sister...but she apparently was banished to Sister Island, never to be seen again.

She was talking with friends outside the school last night. Does she play soccer anymore? I worry that Daphne has no life at 12.

• Love 2

I swear if Deacon where any more dense you could use him to line the core of a nuclear reactor. He's just bulldozing his way all over Frankie with hiring, booking, giving away Frankie's slot on stage. You wouldn't know that this was supposed to be a 50/50 partnership.

• Love 1

Amen. I decided not to bother. You?

Edited by madam magpie

There's way too many extra's on this show. Who cares about the girl living in her car and stealing money? Or the adult BFF of Maddie's that seems really creepy and to into the life of a 16 year old? Or Deacon's alcoholic partner who starts drinking because his business is doing well? Or Luke's new tourmate throwing tantrums? Avery's got a new girlfriend? There's more extra's than regulars.

• Love 5

There's way too many extra's on this show. Who cares about the girl living in her car and stealing money? Or the adult BFF of Maddie's that seems really creepy and to into the life of a 16 year old? Or Deacon's alcoholic partner who starts drinking because his business is doing well? Or Luke's new tourmate throwing tantrums? Avery's got a new girlfriend? There's more extra's than regulars.

And yet, we keep getting more and more.  I highly bet we will getting a new character in the form of Vita's sister soon. I mean, I'm pretty sure this is the last season of the show and I wish they would go back to what the core of it was and not keep adding more random people. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2

I swear if Deacon where any more dense you could use him to line the core of a nuclear reactor. He's just bulldozing his way all over Frankie with hiring, booking, giving away Frankie's slot on stage. You wouldn't know that this was supposed to be a 50/50 partnership.

I LOL'd at your comment at Deacon's denseness, hilarious! He did say last week that Frankie was in charge of the hiring and that he'd have to approve hiring Vita, so I got the impression that he was in charge of booking. But that doesn't mean he shouldn't let Frankie know that he was moving Riff into his slot as a one-off and he should have left Rayna out of it when it came down to hiring for the club.

That's what I did too. Speed-watched on my DVR this morning, skipping over the stuff I didn't care to see.

Same here. So far, I'm not finding any reason to watch the episode and I may end up deleting it just like I deleted the last two episodes without watching.

I'm starting to believe these long breaks the shows take really kill them. I wasn't crazy about Nashville earlier this season, but I was watching every week. This break just made me realize how much I've grown to dislike it and now I can't bring myself to watch again.

• Love 3
I'm starting to believe these long breaks the shows take really kill them.

I agree. I don't know if it's becoming more apparent as of late because with netflix and other streaming services that give you full seasons right away but when networks give their shows breaks now, it seems to kill momentum, at least for me. 

• Love 5

I think for a show like Nashville that is on the cusp of being cancelled for the last 2 seasons, the long breaks are not good for them. I read earlier last nights episode was down in the ratings. I think people watch and are thinking who are all these people? RIff, Vita, Luke, etc. There has to be other people on this show besides Rayna, Juliette, and Deacon but them being the core is what worked and that point has been completely missed in the last couple of seasons. 

• Love 1

I support Vita.  I like her husky voice, she had a really rough time in the zombie apocalypse over on The Walking Dead, and she has that thing on her face.

Seems somewhat uncharacteristic for Rayna to be all hardcore "No second chances!" to a broke, desperate, pleading, life-or-death situation, homeless young woman who sleeps in a car with her imperiled sister.  Yeesh, hand me my checkbook.

I watch crazy Layla and the OG adults, fast-forward the teen angst and anything Beverly.  Really, show--you expect me to bond with this Frankie cat?

• Love 2

Problem is I WAS bonding with Frankie until he got all weird in the last episode. All was right as rain with him at the wedding, he was the voice of reason for Deacon, then suddenly he's being passive-aggressive because Deacon wants to give a job to someone who needs it and has a voice that should be on a label. Maybe he feels like Deacon's letting Rayna interfere and that he's losing his say, but why not just say that. Surely there are other places in town where Rayna could hook Vita up with a job. 

I think Rayna felt like she'd been had. She believed Vita, she told Deacon to believe her, and then it turned out she'd been lying and doing it very well. How would Rayna believe that what Vita was saying about her sister was true? And I'm pretty sure she was going back to give Vita that $500 to pay back and get her some shelter.

• Love 1

I think for a show like Nashville that is on the cusp of being cancelled for the last 2 seasons, the long breaks are not good for them. I read earlier last nights episode was down in the ratings. I think people watch and are thinking who are all these people? RIff, Vita, Luke, etc. There has to be other people on this show besides Rayna, Juliette, and Deacon but them being the core is what worked and that point has been completely missed in the last couple of seasons. 

When I was checking my DVR to see what last night's episode was about, the little description mentioned Riff, Vita and Frankie and I had no idea who any of them are (I never bothered to learn Deacon's partner's name is Frankie), and I thought there was a misprint. It just didn't sound like Nashville.

• Love 4

I felt so bad for Daphne, but I'll give Maddie a pass on being a self absorbed teenager in the middle of Total! Teen! Drama!.  Because that is what happens.  It sucks to be the younger sibling when it comes to that. 

Plus, Daphne should have friends her own age and have some age-appropriate after-school activities like ballet or Girl Scouts or something. People give Maddie such a hard time, but what 16 year old wants to hang much with a 12-year-old? That said, Cash is one weird chick and something's not right there. 

P..S. Rayna's hair looked smashing in that last scene!

• Love 4

Problem is I WAS bonding with Frankie until he got all weird in the last episode. All was right as rain with him at the wedding, he was the voice of reason for Deacon, then suddenly he's being passive-aggressive because Deacon wants to give a job to someone who needs it and has a voice that should be on a label. Maybe he feels like Deacon's letting Rayna interfere and that he's losing his say, but why not just say that. Surely there are other places in town where Rayna could hook Vita up with a job.

Maybe he's drinking again because his daughter is a creep who preys on 16 year-old girls.

Edited by Isazouzi
  • Love 6

For the new characters, I actually liked Cash before she went all Single White Female on a teenager. I think it was good for Maddie to have someone to talk to and to write music with and talk to who was not her parents or her 12 year old sister (that I adore lol). My question is would we have seen Cash if HP hadn't gone on medical leave? I think Maddie would have bonded with Juliette more but that's a moot point now. So here's Cash who in 1 episode changed from older mentor to woman whose attachment to a teenager has taken a creepy turn. I assume she will cling to Maddie even more when she finds out her dad has fallen off the wagon.

Edited by Bwill3133
  • Love 2

Amen. I decided not to bother. You?

I haven't watched yet. Other people's comments are not very encouraging or positive. I might watch on catch up and ff the parts I don't want to see (about 75% based on what I've read) or save it and watch the whole half season in one go (again, with finger on the ff button).

Seriously, even if there is a season 5 with new showrunners I can't see anyone watching after this debacle of a season. I thought it couldn't get any worse after the cancer/Bev death storyline but apparently it could!

Same here. So far, I'm not finding any reason to watch the episode and I may end up deleting it just like I deleted the last two episodes without watching.

I'm starting to believe these long breaks the shows take really kill them. I wasn't crazy about Nashville earlier this season, but I was watching every week. This break just made me realize how much I've grown to dislike it and now I can't bring myself to watch again.

I don't think the long break helped, no. Edited by MisterS
  • Love 1

They really are writing Deacon really oblivious and in a bad way; also, considering that two scenes before Luke invited him on stage to say how great a job he was doing with the bar, Deacon had said to Frankie his speech about how they are partners and he shouldn't be doing things for the bar without consulting him, and then promptly didn't mention his name on stage. If this were another show or another character, I would think this was intentional backstabbing but I don't think that's the case here, I think the writers just wanted Frankie to relapse, DRAMA! This show is really has a problem of point A to point B. And also, we don't need drama for secondary characters when this show is for the most part on it's last legs. I would rather watch Deacon and Rayna being happy, I'm really longing for the earlier episodes of this season when the show was all about them fighting over weather Deacon should become a partner in the bar, because.. At least they had a story. 

I also miss the music of this show. I feel like we only get snippets of songs now, I remember when someone would start singing a song and then it would lead into a montage on this show. 

• Love 3
I don't know if Frankie's behavior is normal or not, but I was surprised too when he tossed away decades of sobriety because somebody thought the bar was better than it had been. Isn't that why Deacon got involved in the first place? And didn't Frankie admit that he wasn't good at the business end? And why would he be jealous of Riff getting his spot? The guy's a big deal and kicking off a tour at your place, shouldn't Frankie be excited and counting the cash rather than getting his nose out of joint? He can perform any other time. Have I missed something else going on?

No; no, you have not. The problem, I would say, isn't that you don't know any alcoholics. It's that the writers don't appear to know any actual people.

I support Vita.  I like her husky voice, she had a really rough time in the zombie apocalypse over on The Walking Dead, and she has that thing on her face.

And, plus, also: She survived all manner of Army Doctor Crazypants foolishness that other time, where people would drive their motorcycles into the Emergency Room.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1
And, plus, also: She survived all manner of Army Doctor Crazypants foolishness that other time, where people would drive their motorcycles into the Emergency Room.

WTF.. that was.. a real promo pic for an actual tv show? 

And yeah..nashville is just kind of boring and nothing original, as I keep saying, they seem to be taking better season one arcs and placing them here. Like, I have sympathy for people with substance problems but I still can't get over Frankie's lemon face over people going "Wow, Deacon sure is turning this place around" and Frankie deciding to he's mad and sad that he wasn't the one to do so, so he heads back to the bottle.. I just.. I mean, I'm sorry but he must not have been very strong in his soberness. And also..Deacon is turning the bar around.  He's bringing in big names due to the fact that he is a big country music star himself, yes, Frankie should just be happy his bar is making money. I can't make the connection. Like when Deacon fell off the wagon, it's because he found out he had a child! That's a big deal and does change your whole life around. Nothing makes sense here. I think the Nashville writers are just as bored as we are.

• Love 3