Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

On 7/7/2017 at 4:09 PM, dubbel zout said:

I didn't mean Luke was a nihilistic misanthrope, just that back then there was no interaction between pre-tree Jason and Luke except on the most superficial level, like being at Kelly's at the same time. But that probably made working for Luke attractive to Jason, as he knew Luke wouldn't badger him about remembering stuff. And now that I think about it, it makes sense that's where Jason first came into Sonny's orbit.

There was some kind of concert at Luke's club and the Q's were there for it, and after they confronted Jason, he was out sulking in the parking lot when Sonny came out and was sympathetic.

1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Random Port Charles Citizen: Liz, where's Franco? I haven't seen him around for a while.

Liz (shifty-eyed): Um, not sure. He said something about having to settle a lawsuit?

RPCC: Oh. Hey, what's with the body bag?

Liz: This? Just some trash. Want to help me push it into the water?

RPCC: Sure!

*SPLASH*

RPCC: I don't why, but I feel so much better!

Liz: Me, too!

LATER IN THE EPISODE, THE CHARACTERS WATCH A BREAKING NEWS STORY ON TV.

ANNOUNCER:  "Experts remain mystified as to the source of the mysterious oil slick that suddenly spread out over Port Charles Harbor today..."

• Love 12
(edited)

Sorry, he's right. Charlotte's had three maternal figures: the spicy Claudette, whom Charlotte thought of as her mother; Nina, her stepmother; and Lulu, who has been revealed as her bio mom. Just because Charlotte didn't know about her conception doesn't mean she didn't consider Claudette, especially, her mother at the time.

Edited by dubbel zout
fixed a comma
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I just can't believe idiot FV told JPS he's worth overspending on a Billy Joel song. Nothing is worth overspending on a song.

I LOLed when I read an Eric Clapton song was first considered. That wasn't going to be a bargain, either.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sorry, he's right. Charlotte's had three maternal figures: the spicy Claudette, whom Charlotte thought of as her mother; Nina, her stepmother; and Lulu. who has been revealed as her bio mom. Just because Charlotte didn't know about her conception doesn't mean she didn't consider Claudette, especially, her mother at the time.

And I still wish it would be ret-conned that Claudette is her bio-mom.  

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

SOD is reporting that Michael Sutton is reprising his role as Stone sometime in August. And of course it's because SONNY is going through some crisis. 

Supposedly they were going to get Morgan, but Bryan Craig wasn't available.

Edited by ulkis
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

If any ghost should visit Sonny, it should be AJ to haunt him forever for what he's done.

Yes, this.

But I assume Ghost!Stone is here to buck Sonny up.  "If anyone's mean to you about being a mobster and murderer, just remind them how nice you were to me.  That's the spirit!".

• Love 6
4 hours ago, jsbt said:

I'm guessing he slept through the phone call.

No, he was doing some sort of film where he gets the shit beat out of him and has to look perpetually dazed, SO THERE:

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

No, he was doing some sort of film where he gets the shit beat out of him and has to look perpetually dazed

Ah, yes, the classic "I'm flying the plane in my hospital gown" plot. 

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

SOD speaking truth about Michael/Nelle

Which means the show will double down on them. If the fans can't see the scorching onscreen chem, that's on them.

• Love 3

[It] was really funny, actually; my mom set out my little ABC ID from when I was seven years old. It looks like Dumb and Dumber; I have a bowl haircut, I have this giant red feather boa, I have these giant gloves that go all the way up my arms, and then the guys in the security office thought it would be funny for them to blow bubbles in the background, so I’m smiling like Queen Cleopatra in my ID picture. I rolled up with that and they were like, “Ma’am, we don’t accept those anymore.”

QUEENS ONLY

Hire her now

• Love 8

That was adorable. Big Jimmy had a doughnut for her! I must be crazy hormonal or something, because I was close to tearing up. I'll probably sob when I watch the actual Serena/Lucy/Scott scenes.

• Love 4

I can't help  but wonder if they would have cast Serena before this if LH and KS hadn't been so insistent on CS. I'm sure if they really wanted to they would have cast, but since they didn't care that much FV was probably like, "fine, whatever" and left it there.

They did definitely cast a girl to play Christina before that was scrapped, but I'm not sure if they had a Serena.

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, I think if they really wanted to use Serena on contract they would've used her, be it CS or a recast. I think FV's lack of interest was why Kin and Lynn had room to lobby. He has other priorities.

We'll see if the fan response has any effect. I doubt it, as I think Frank tends to be very focused only on 'his' discoveries. It doesn't suit him to play the Baldwins heavy, unless of course it can benefit Roger Howarth/Franco - in which case who knows.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6
(edited)

I dunno, I think Kin and Lynn have been in the game so long and are kinda just happy to be working on the show in any capacity, they would have gone along with a Serena recast, especially if it upped their airtime.

ETA...and what jsbt said lol.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, jsbt said:

It doesn't suit him to play the Baldwins heavy, unless of course it can benefit Roger Howarth/Franco - in which case who knows.

Which reminds me, all the Franco/Friz stans going on and on on Twitter about "Franco should be there supporting Scotty!"  Girl, please.  Franco only acknowledges Scotty when he needs something.  

• Love 7

Seriously. I share TeeVee329's relief that RoHo was in contract renegotiations during this, because we don't need Franco hijacking things with his beoaning that he never meet his Gampy Lee. He can say something once he returns from bilking the families of his victims.

• Love 13
On 7/11/2017 at 8:24 AM, ulkis said:

I don't think the organizers set the price. Do they?

The organizers of individual events do, which tend to be a handful of people who also set up events throughout the country throughout the year - $125 is a fairly typical price. The GHFCW organizers themselves set the price for the Main Banquet and some of the smaller events here and there. Or at least that's how they did it last time I went, which was like in 2013 or 2014. And no, I would never pay that much either (I was in for free as a photographer/writer). But plenty of people do.

• Love 2
(edited)

Since his name came up again here recently, I have to ask: Am I the only one who thinks Bryan Craig looks a lot like Bro-Country frat dork (he's not really country at all, but I'll save that essay for a more appropriate time and place) Sam Hunt? I certainly can see Bryan singing a song called "Body Like a Back Road" and mean it unironically. And they both have a raging case of "duh" face, AND look as if they reek of Axe Body Spray.

This is Sam:

sam-hunt-2014-promo-650x400.jpg

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't think they look particularly alike, but I see what you mean about the aura of douchiness. 

On 7/17/2017 at 0:33 PM, jsbt said:

Uh... what does go on?

Billy Miller grits his teeth to control himself from saying his other show was better; Matt Cohen snuggles under a lab coat because the corner they've shoved him into is right under an air conditioning vent; Ryan Paevey does stands still and does all his rehearsing mentally as he prepares for his scene; and Maurice Benard likes to take meta pictures; in this case, his hand at his neck is a metaphor for how his character is choking the whole show.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 16

Not gonna lie, that's the best picture I've seen of Maurice Bernard in a long time.  Him just standing still, relaxed, smiling at someone off-camera....  that picture has more personality that Sonny Corinthos has shown in the last 20 years.  (That Billy Miller picture, though...  YIKES.).

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:

Not gonna lie, that's the best picture I've seen of Maurice Bernard in a long time.  Him just standing still, relaxed, smiling at someone off-camera....  that picture has more personality that Sonny Corinthos has shown in the last 20 years.  (That Billy Miller picture, though...  YIKES.).

The fact that he looks like he has some gray in his hair helps, too. The polish looking black hair does him no favors. 

• Love 2