Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

*small voice* If one of said characters was a rascally doctor visiting GH for a seminar who turns out to be an old friend of Lucas' and they compare notes on their marriages, that would be okay. *small voice*

You know I agree!

2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

And they'll never leave. 

They'll be 'short term characters' and then Jelly will 'fall in love' with them and just have to give them a contract.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

And they'll never leave. 

*small voice* If said characters were a geeky cop and a rascally doctor who could easily fit into the structure of "General Hospital" via those jobs, that might be okay. *small voice*

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

The hospital side desperately needs beefing up. It's pathetic that a show called General Hospital doesn't have at least half of its story lines dedicated to medical/medical-adjacent stories. It's ridiculous no one is trying to figure out who's trying to ruin the hospital. In those scenes where Michael and Rebecca Budig were looking at the numbers, one of them should have noticed something fishy, and the story could go from there. This could be a great umbrella story, but of course it's not. And then there's the standard pacing problem. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

*small voice* If said characters were a geeky cop and a rascally doctor who could easily fit into the structure of "General Hospital" via those jobs, that might be okay. *small voice*

There's no reason to bring Fish and Kyle here so they can be ruined. Aside from not wanting GH to be overrun with characters from other shows, I'd prefer those characters that I like to remain far away from here so Jelly can't touch them. 

Besides, Fish and Kyle are gay so they wouldn't get story anyway. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

I'm dreaming with you! 

With the current writing staff, every character is trashed—some more than others, of course—so if existing characters are brought on, I'd prefer it happen with a new writing staff. But I doubt we'll ever get a new writing staff.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The hospital side desperately needs beefing up. It's pathetic that a show called General Hospital doesn't have at least half of its story lines dedicated to medical/medical-adjacent stories.

It's particularly pathetic, IMO, that the only doctor characters on contract are Dr. Michael Easton and Griffin, both who have been here about five minutes.

• Love 7
On 2/4/2017 at 5:11 PM, peachmangosteen said:

They should've done Franco. It could've been like just the poop emoji 3 times or something.

Regarding this post above and this one immediately below....

On 2/4/2017 at 9:02 PM, bubble sparkly said:

For Anna:

⚖️4️⃣?

... I actually LOL'ed.   I don't miss the show, but I do miss this place. 

On 2/5/2017 at 11:02 PM, tvgoddess said:

Ah, too bad I missed this, I'd have sent him to a cemetery or something. They did extend the bar hours tonight though until 2:30am. Ugh, just knowing he's here trolling for chicks kind of makes me shudder.

Wait, what?!!! He and Kelly broke up?!!! 

And the the skies didn't swallow us all up whole?

On 2/6/2017 at 10:21 AM, dubbel zout said:

Does BryDog just drop in on cities at the last minute? Is it so hard to use the Google for two minutes to figure out what he wants to do? For some dumb reason all of this is really aggravating to me. Show a little initiative in your own life.

[Oprah voice] Re-al-ity shooooow! [/Oprah voice]  Each episode opens with BryDog dropped into a random city and he has to take the first five social media responses as to what to do and where to go. It could be called BryDog Does….  

And nobody ever tells him  why people snicker at that title. 

On 2/7/2017 at 5:20 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Ausiello's got the deets on Nora's visit.  It is short term, starting March 6th:

http://tvline.com/2017/02/07/general-hospital-hillary-b-smith-nora-buchanan-interview/

Oh Frank...

Oh sweet #%^*+^##}}#%%^*£+^#<,|#>!!!!!!

On second thought, I wonder what Nancy has to think of the new age-comparable lawyer in town. 

Edited by Francie
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The quote was edited after the article went up, I saw the same version Fellaway did.

Ah, I wondered how it could be misconstrued...now I know :) I guess someone told the writer that Nora actually has a grandkid so  he went back to fix it lol!

"Beautiful," well of course. I mean, we wouldn't want a casting call to go out for an average-looking woman, right? But Middle Eastern? That's different. And in better hands, could even be interesting. But Jelly will find a way to screw it up.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Because the show doesn't have enough people as it is...here's one more. Not sure how much she'll be on if she's recurring, but I have no idea what her purpose will be.

Oh, FFS. Because this cast isn't a bloated gargantuan mess as it is...

• Love 1

I guess this picture Kin Shriner tweeted of him and Carly Schroeder (who played Scott's daughter Serena on "Port Charles") having lunch sparked a bunch of rumors yesterday that she was coming to the show.  And by "sparked a bunch of rumors", I mean "crappy fan news/spoilers sites reported she was coming back like it was confirmed news".  But it sounds like she really was just visiting him/the set.

Because why see Serena when we can see her retconned SERIAL KILLER brother. #eyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Ugh, why are they not bringing her back? I guess maybe she just doesn't act anymore. Or she isn't good lol. But that's never stopped them from hiring actors before!

Also, she looks a lot like Carly Chaikin in Suburgatory in that pic.

Edited by peachmangosteen
On 2/9/2017 at 1:49 PM, Francie said:

Wait, what?!!! He and Kelly broke up?!!! 

Nothing's been confirmed by either of them (talk about showing emotional growth by keeping it private!), but that's the assumption. Their wedding was supposed to take place next month, but they haven't been photographed together since September, shortly after Kelly's birthday in August, and I think they had stopped appearing so much in each other's photos/social media mentions even before that, so her birthday must have been one of the last times they were somewhat happy together. Kelly also said nothing about Bryan leaving GH last fall on social media (Although given that Bryan said that Kelly encouraged him to leave, maybe she was trolling him into unemployment before dumping him? You never know.).

And Bryan's birthday was in October, and there were no photos of them then (or for Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years), so it seems pretty safe to say they're done. But at least they're keeping it private. 

OTOH, I guess we should see what they post on Valentine's Day! 

Edited by UYI
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ugh, why are they not bringing her back? I guess maybe she just doesn't act anymore.

Looking at IMDb, she has some recent credits, what look like indie movies and some TV guest spots. 

I really see no reason they couldn't have Serena/CS come in for a guest arc during the Nurses' Ball.  All her parents are in town, the longtime audience would dig it, clearly Carly is still in touch with Kin et. al, so I don't see any downside.

• Love 5

I'm pretty certain that Carly and Kin have stayed fairly close over the years. So I'm not shocked that she meets up with Kin time to time. I would love for Serena to be back in PC. Just not with this writing team and Frank in charge.

• Love 1
On 2/11/2017 at 9:37 PM, stlbf said:

I'm pretty certain that Carly and Kin have stayed fairly close over the years. So I'm not shocked that she meets up with Kin time to time. I would love for Serena to be back in PC. Just not with this writing team and Frank in charge.

Not really surprised. He did discover her. He has been photographed with Billy Warlock and Julie Pinson, Josh Duhon (only a few years ago), and I believe that John Stamos is still one of his closest friends. I believe he was the one that bought up all the seats at a play  Jackie Zehmen was doing so she could go on her honeymoon. He just seems to be a friendly outgoing guy and a great friend all around. In my own selfish heart, I really hope that Carly Schroeder gets  scooped up by a decent, potentially long running show soon...she is at a good age to do it.

• Love 1
On 2/11/2017 at 6:37 PM, stlbf said:

Serena and not Kiki should have been the love interest for Michael and Morgan.  However, Serena would have been written as a bed hopping whore with Daddy issues and ended up in a WTD story with mutiple STD's under FV

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Serena and not Kiki should have been the love interest for Michael and Morgan.  However, Serena would have been written as a bed hopping whore with Daddy issues and ended up in a WTD story with mutiple STD's under FV

The only way I would take Carly Schroeder as Serena if they don't pair her with either of the Carly spawn.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

FV isn't going to cast Serena until/unless KA decides she wants to come back

Just now, ulkis said:

I think FV is over KA, but obviously I could be wrong.

If KA ever came back he would have a fucking riot on his hands if he swapped out CS for KA.

• Love 1