Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, ulkis said:

They could try Finn. She and Easton had good chemistry when he was McBain.

I though McBain/Anna were great together and I'd certainly be more interested in a potential Anna/Finn pairing than Finn/Rebecca Budig character

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

intetesting read but this?  Um...

Duke’s son, Griffin, came to town and I think that’s given her family, in a way

I think the execution of it has been wobbly, but I've always kinda liked the idea of Anna seeing Duke's son as family, as taking him in as part of her family, etc.  I certainly think that was slightly fresher than Griffin having been a secret child of hers.

What seems to be missing for Anna is a friend, which she's had for most of this stint.  We never see her with Mac and Felicia.  McBain's gone.  She and Jordan don't really speak anymore.  Whatever was there with her and Andre seems to have gone kaput.  But then again, this show is pretty bad at friendships.

• Love 4

Saying she wants to work with Roger Howarth isn't the same as wanting to be paired with Franco, IMO. I don't think she doesn't care about her character's integrity. Soap actors have been making those same comments about all sorts of stars for years.

I do see what she's saying about Griffin and they did have a good rapport but it's not enough and everything else the show's done with her lately is awful.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

Man I really wish I was in LA right now. Fin and Tristan will be at the LAX Westin tomorrow with Wally Kurth, JZ, LLo and others. If any of our members are LA-based and can make it to the event, please post a recap.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I know Finola used to care, even during this stint. But saying she wants to work with RoHo, I know now she has officially stopped. Sigh.

Right! Although sadly I think she actually probably still does care and yet she also wants to work with RoHo. I think I just have to finally accept that Franco is a romantic lead on this show now and that no one thinks that's a bad idea.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I know Finola used to care, even during this stint. But saying she wants to work with RoHo, I know now she has officially stopped. Sigh.

She's an actor, and she's seeing who's getting the screen time. I'm choosing to believe she wants to work with RoHo because she doesn't want to be sitting on a back burner, not because she's overawed by his ability.

Edited by rur
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, jsbt said:

Saying she wants to work with Roger Howarth isn't the same as wanting to be paired with Franco, IMO. 

Sharing scenes with Freako in any capacity isn't a good idea unless that character is slitting his throat.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Darklazr said:

RoHo is a pet and FH know she will get story and airtime.  BH wanted to work with TC and RoHo and the show gave us sleazy Niz and Friz.  Be careful what you wish for, FH!

She has three young kids and I am not sure what her husbands does, but he probably doesn't make as much money as her. She is either on the front burner or the fucking show will try to discharge to save a buck, despite her popularity and still within the age range to anchor storylines. She doesn't want to become another Kristina Wagner, who was also booted off the show, even though she too was a popular actress and still relatively young enough to keep audience. 

I'm going to ignore the fact they they seem to want GH to be taken over by AMC and OLTL characters and storylines and ask why the hell they think broke down GH can save anything. GH can't even save itself. 

As for whether or not that's really Nathan Varni, I wouldn't be surprised. Dude doesn't know his place and ABC is apparently ok with him doing whatever he wants.

• Love 4

This is gonna sound mean...probably because it is...but the post written by the fan group person is a smidge pompous.  He or she thinks their group has the power to make daytime AND primetime ABC ratings soar if they lift their boycott?  Um, okay.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

This is gonna sound mean...probably because it is...but the post written by the fan group person is a smidge pompous.  He or she thinks their group has the power to make daytime AND primetime ABC ratings soar if they lift their boycott?  Um, okay.

Only a smudge pompous? LOL that they think ABC cares about their little facebook group. Do these people even watch GH? If they do they should know ABC doesn't care about it which means they definitely don't care about soaps they cancelled five years ago. 

• Love 2

I remember when Another World, which had been flat-lining for years, was canceled in 1999. A lot of fans were upset about that too. Does anyone else remember all those posts ending with "On June 25, the Peacock dies"? Some vowed not to watch the new NBC soap that would be replacing it. Some vowed not to watch the other, established NBC soaps. Some vowed not to watch anything else on NBC, including prime-time shows like Friends and ER. Some vowed no longer to buy products that advertised on NBC. Protesters tried to get on camera with signs during live broadcasts, including NBC's Today show. There were letter-writing campaigns.  

I was sympathetic to people who had lost their show, but I wanted to say -- and probably did, a few times -- if there were enough passionate fans of Another World (or One Life to Live, or All My Children) to bend powerful corporations to their will, Another World (et cetera) would never have been in ratings trouble in the first place.   

• Love 5

Oh great, they don't want to revive the shows, but they do want to use the characters. 'While remaining loyal to the character's history...' yeah okay. So they'll add 5 each from OL and AMC. The way things are going, the OL characters will be David Vickers, Rex Balsom and Madame Delphine. With a side of Dorian Lord thrown in for extra camp. Don't get me wrong, strasser could be great when the material called for it. But over the final at least 3 years, Dorian was pure camp. Oh and of course the Ford brothers will feature prominently as well.

There has already been a huge influx of OLTL, AMC, and actors from the other soaps on this show.  The show is called, "General Hospital" and NOT the dumping or playground for FV and Varni!  I want to see GH vets and their legacy children finally take over the show and send Nina, Franco, Finn, HateChelGreenMe, Dr. O, etc... out the door.

• Love 2

I think Nathan Varni is just a random scrub saying whatever people want to hear depending on whoever he's talking to. I'm not convinced he knows a thing about what goes on at GH anymore and I doubt OLTL characters or story points are at the forefront of the show's planning. I know they were told to ease way back with OLTL people well before Ron was fired.

• Love 3

FV and Jelly's first love IMO is OLTL and AMC.  Yeah.  Yeah.  I know JP and SA have worked on other soaps.  I could see this regime sitting around now that the rights to both shows are back at ABC/D, deciding to bring on a few of those characters/actors.  Let's see how quickly FV starts cleaning house or not renewing contracts.  TC clearly wants to return to the show and probably a few more GH actors, but they need to get past FV and probably Varni!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Darklazr said:

There has already been a huge influx of OLTL, AMC, and actors from the other soaps on this show.  The show is called, "General Hospital" and NOT the dumping or playground for FV and Varni!

To play a little devil's advocate, bringing in stars from other soaps and hoping they catch fire in Port Charles didn't start with Frank - Katherine Bell, stupid Nurse Melissa, etc.  I think it's just more noticeable now because there's less soaps for these actors to be on.  

And I don't think every OLTL or AMC actor needs to be banned from ever appearing on GH, under the right circumstances.  There's a big difference, IMO, between the show bringing in Bree Williamson and if they brought in someone like Michael E. Knight or Jerry ver Dorn.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I don't think every OLTL or AMC actor needs to be banned from ever appearing on GH, under the right circumstances.  There's a big difference, IMO, between the show bringing in Bree Williamson and if they brought in someone like Michael E. Knight or Jerry ver Dorn.

I'd watch MEK read the phone book, or whatever...except carrying water for a character like Babe.  That was a true test of my devotion to MEK.  Thankfully, Babe was long dead by AMC's end, and I got to experience his delightful, but too brief, run on Y&R to get the icky taste out of my mouth.  

GH can feel free to bring him on as Liz's father, a love interest for Tracy or Anna, or any character who does not kiss Sonny's ass.  

• Love 5

If there's a fit for an OL or AMC actor, I'm all for bringing them in. But while OL was my soap since the mid-70s until the end, I don't see any reason to bring over an actor as his/her OL character. Unless it's Erika Slezak's Vicki. I would love to see her and Tracy together ?.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

To play a little devil's advocate, bringing in stars from other soaps and hoping they catch fire in Port Charles didn't start with Frank - Katherine Bell, stupid Nurse Melissa, etc.  I think it's just more noticeable now because there's less soaps for these actors to be on.  

Oh, I know that popular actors have ended up for decades on the other soaps, but we're only down to four!  FV keeps not re-signing GH vets (SBu, TC, JT, and almost BH) and we lost AJ and Duke..again!..

• Love 2

I would love to see devilishly devious and delicious Dr. David Hayward join the staff of GH. And perhaps take up with his former wife, Anna?

On a related note, I heard that people at DAYS were told that this would likely be the show's last year, which would serve up another glut of available actors. Did anyone else hear this?

• Love 1

Seeing Nathan Varni's (what the hell does he do, anyway?) post, I fully expect more AMC/OLTL people. Which is too bad because these hacks can't write for established GH characters as it is, and these characters have already been gutted and/or sidelined for FV's pet projects.

So, I don't want ANY characters from other soaps coming. I think GH is on life support itself, anyway.

Specifically, as for Vincent Irizarry, I think - while a good actor - he is only as good as the story/what is written. Because while he had great popularity on Guiding Light and All My Children, he floundered badly on Santa Barbara (although he did meet his now ex-wife, Signy Coleman, there) and seems to be crashing again on Days. I think he also failed on Y&R. These hacks can't write GH characters and their histories. Anna is basically gutted; I think the same fate would hold true for David Hayward, too. Sometimes, you just can't go home again.

• Love 2
On Sunday, January 08, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Sake614 said:

If there's a fit for an OL or AMC actor, I'm all for bringing them in. But while OL was my soap since the mid-70s until the end, I don't see any reason to bring over an actor as his/her OL character. Unless it's Erika Slezak's Vicki. I would love to see her and Tracy together ?.

I think that a fairly short storyline could work for a lovely burst of ES's Viki. Something like a business mystery (ELQ) or perhaps one of Tracy's favorite charities.  Have it involve one of Viki's businesses.  That would allow a short ES visit to GH. It doesn't need to be a months long process. Just a quick story. How much fun would it be to have Tracy, Monica,  Viki and Dorian in a room? 

• Love 3
On 1/8/2017 at 4:03 PM, TeeVee329 said:

It has always been that way. Tony Geary and Jackie Zemen were brought in from other soaps. Douglas Marland talked JZ into leaving OLTL to play Bobbie on GH. Gloria Monty casted Tony because she worked with him before and liked his performance, like JFP and FV claimed with both SBu and MSt when they casted both of them. Katherine, for me, was simply the case of a character that worked better on paper than on screen with an actress who probably took the role because it was different from her more popular role. Though I think Katherine Bell might have the first instances of the the soaps death knell, not for how she was introduced and played out stories, but the shows attempt to replicate the Patch and Kayla magic with her and Stefan, despite them playing very different characters. Then it became a thing with not casting characters to tell good stories, but casting them to bring some of the magic from previous jobs. 

• Love 2

I'd watch MEK read the phone book, or whatever...except carrying water for a character like Babe.  That was a true test of my devotion to MEK.

Yeah, but do you own a copy of Date With an Angel?  I do!

I would love to see MEK again.  And maybe Vincent Irizarry.  But that's about it.

Kristen Alderson ‏@krisalderson 55m55 minutes ago
Kristen Alderson Retweeted K-Dubs
Of course! I told them a while ago that I'd love to visit!?

Kristen Alderson ‏@krisalderson 33m33 minutes ago
Kristen Alderson Retweeted Anne Dougherty
Starr! Then Starr and Kiki ( @HayleyErin )could have scenes?? 

:stare:

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

No.

• Love 11

I don't think KA and CD ended on very good terms so it would be kinda jacked up if FV still brought her ass back anyway. I could understand if she were still on the show, they would have to get over themselves to do their jobs but her last character was recast and there's no reason whatsoever to foist her ass onto CD and more importantly, us.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ulkis said:

Kiki needs to be murdered. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ulkis said:

*performs whatever ceremony ensures this doesn't happen*

13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Which is too bad because these hacks can't write for established GH characters as it is, and these characters have already been gutted and/or sidelined for FV's pet projects.

It's not like the preferred actors are getting good writing. It's a mess from top to bottom.

• Love 3

It's actually kind of shocking that FV/Jelly are terrible at so many things.

I think they actually make each other worse. FV's cheap sorry 'scenelets' highlight the shallow nature of the storytelling. The pacing ensures that any half-way promising story becomes a boring slog and FV's OLTL script writers' continuing lack of familiarity with the characters means that the show isn't even providing the small moments that can redeem a badly conceived and badly plotted story

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8

A quick poll, death is not an option.  If you had to choose one Kiki to be on GH, which would it be?

[  ] Kristen Alderson as Kiki

[  ] Hayley Erin as Kiki

I would give my vote to Hayley Erin.  This year with Dillon, I have hated the character 2-5% less.  And just imagine Kristen Alderson straddling Dillon in that promo...yikes...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Echoing dubbel zout, HE no struggle. Even if I thought she was as bad as KA at least she doesn't come with a boatload of nepotism.

ETA: I think KA and CD probably are over any lingering feelings of resentment, if there ever were any. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

A quick poll, death is not an option.  If you had to choose one Kiki to be on GH, which would it be?

[  ] Kristen Alderson as Kiki

[  ] Hayley Erin as Kiki

I would give my vote to Hayley Erin.  This year with Dillon, I have hated the character 2-5% less.  And just imagine Kristen Alderson straddling Dillon in that promo...yikes...

I don't have to imagine it, damn it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6YNn7Xyubs

Edited by ulkis
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And just imagine Kristen Alderson straddling Dillon in that promo...yikes...

See, that's the kinda terrible shit I enjoy. Which brings me to how I unapologetically (kinda) think the Jailbait video is hilarious.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think KA and CD probably are over any lingering feelings of resentment, if there ever were any. 

Why do you wanna take away my entertainment?!

• Love 2