Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

KeMo doesn't look like any 40 year old that I know but looking good is part of their job. I think most soap actresses age really well - when they avoid bad plastic surgery

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

KeMo doesn't look like any 40 year old that I know but looking good is part of their job. I think most soap actresses age really well - when they avoid bad plastic surgery

She looks forty too me. It's really not that old and most forty year old women don't look old and wrinkled or anything. What do the forty year old look like where you live?

I think I figured it out....Uncle Frank is still tryna invoke Todd with the murderhobo by making him keep his hair long. But one of the many problems with that is, Howarth isn't in his 20s anymore and the long hair just makes him look like a sad, pathetic, 50 year old ass clown trying to hang onto his youthful manbun. Just gross.

• Love 2

Apparently, this is 40, and they all (except Gabrielle Union) look about 40 to me. But it really only matters because KeMo and BH are playing characters younger than the actresses*, though I think at some point the audience assumes the actress and character are the same age. 

* isn't TC's Nik supposed to be about a decade younger than him? 

13 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

What does 40 look like? For that matter, what does any age look like? I've seen women (and men) in their 60s and up who look decades younger. And I've seen 30-somethings who I'd swear were at least 10 years older.

55 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Apparently, this is 40, and they all (except Gabrielle Union) look about 40 to me. But it really only matters because KeMo and BH are playing characters younger than the actresses*, though I think at some point the audience assumes the actress and character are the same age. 

* isn't TC's Nik supposed to be about a decade younger than him? 

I know GH keeps trying to portray these characters as much younger but it doesn't work in this day and age of HD TV 

• Love 1

I'm 38, and when I trick-or-treated with my daughter, people kept handing me candy thinking I was a kid. So, 40ish is not what it used to be.

Edited by Hope4Soaps
I'm the worst typist in the world.
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

How much younger are Sam and Liz supposed to be though? They're in their mid-late 30's, right? So only a few years younger than they actually are. I don't see what the big hangup is about age.

LIz was fifteen going on sixteen when she came to PC in 1997. Becky, at the time, was 20.

On 11/6/2016 at 8:17 AM, Chairperson Meow said:

Let's be real here.  No one will ever know BH's secrets of perfection- in skin, hair, patience.   Seriously, I don't know how she does it.   But I also don't know how anyone can say KMc looks bad.  She's freaking gorgeous.   I think she looks better than ever now.  A glow of happiness goes a long way in a person imo.  

I am always amazed at BH having three children and still looks so thin.  KMc is gorgeous and I am happy she shut down those twitter freaks.

12 hours ago, UYI said:

LIz was fifteen going on sixteen when she came to PC in 1997. Becky, at the time, was 20.

Liz was 14 going on 15 and was SORAS'd to 18 in 1999 in order to pair Liason.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 6:54 AM, Badsamaritan said:

I think I figured it out....Uncle Frank is still tryna invoke Todd with the murderhobo by making him keep his hair long. But one of the many problems with that is, Howarth isn't in his 20s anymore and the long hair just makes him look like a sad, pathetic, 50 year old ass clown trying to hang onto his youthful manbun. Just gross.

Even Todd Manning cut his hair.   Actually, it wasn't really Todd's "choice" to have long hair.   He originated as a preppy, stuck up jock frat boy.   His hair was a bit longer, but that was actually in style at the time for what his character was then- and was better kept up and in a way different cut and style.  It was as Todd grew more unhinged and lost control that his hair grew longer.   But even then, let's be honest, Roger had shampoo commercial hair.   It's mostly imo the stylists not knowing how to do their job and the hair cut this time because he does actually does have very lovely hair- it just needs to be styled properly.  I see the improper styling with a majority of the actors on the show.   I'm not defending the terrible hair of Franco, just an observation. 

• Love 1

So....@Ulkis  will enjoy this.   I am facebook friends with Nathan Varni and since today is my birthday, he wished me happy birthday on fb.   He used a GH happy birthday graphic with a photo of ..... Sonny front and center.  But, Laura, Sam, and Det. Tree are in it too so there's that.  Plus, he did wish me happy birthday.  That's kinda nice of him. 

Now if only I could get my undead AJ wish.....

• Love 7
1 hour ago, stlbf said:

Aww, happy birthday Chairperson Meow!

Thank you!   And... omg.  I tagged a friend of mine that watches Y&R and said I was fangirling and.... Nathan Varni totally liked my comment.   It was sarcastic, but now I am fangirling a bit lol.   GH may not always be awesome, but at least it does love us in it's weird way.   And it wasn't a pic of Franco. 

• Love 4

In regards to the conversation we were having in the spoiler thread about how can tptb tell what is popular or no, I was told  TPTB actually get the ratings broken down into 15 minute or less increments and they gauge from there ( channel changing and coming back or TV's going off for good).

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, ulkis said:

In regards to the conversation we were having in the spoiler thread about how can tptb tell what is popular or no, I was told  TPTB actually get the ratings broken down into 15 minute or less increments and they gauge from there ( channel changing and coming back or TV's going off for good).

Interesting. I wonder how much Frank cares about this data, though, and if ABC looks at it in order to ask for changes. Do they even care? Are they involved? 

Am I wrong to think there are more "newer" viewers (last 5-10 years or so) than longtime viewers these days?

• Love 1

ABC probably doesn't look at it. I'm sure Frank cares, to a certain extent. Like if it comes to one of his faves, he'll reinvent them push some more. When it comes to a non fave, he'll keep them around if they're liked and give them some scraps.

I wonder about your second question myself. I bet it's about half newer half longer viewers.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ulkis said:

I wonder about your second question myself. I bet it's about half newer half longer viewers.

I wonder what the demographics are of the newer viewers. Even if I were a Nielsen viewer, I'm an olds, and no one cares what I watch. (Except maybe CBS; heh.)

11 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Is Nielsen only going off of data from Nielsen families and DVR views? Are cable and satellite companies sending data to them?

That I don't know, but I'm going to guess "no" to the second.

22 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Is Nielsen only going off of data from Nielsen families and DVR views? Are cable and satellite companies sending data to them?

I just heard a discussion about this on the radio the other day. Currently, Nielsen isn't really using cable, satellite, or secondary sources such as Netflix or Hulu. However, they are looking into the technology/companies that would allow them to do so. (In other words, if they want to keep their reputation as the premier television market survey company, they're going to have to start acknowledging the other sources folks are using to view their favorite shows.)

Edited by rur
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Aww thank you.   If only GH could have puppies on it every day.... what a show it'd be.   Literally.  Puppies >>>> Franco.

True. But, to be fair, root canals and colonoscopies >>>> Franco.

Hope you had a great birthday!

• Love 7
11 hours ago, magnolia11 said:

True. But, to be fair, root canals and colonoscopies >>>> Franco.

Hope you had a great birthday!

I did!  No hobos hit on me, so mob shootouts, and I had cheesecake.  Pretty decent.  I may adopt another cat.  I will not name it Sonny Corinthos. 

• Love 3

I don't suppose there's any pushback in the soap press about this story? Not that that would change it. Ugh. I could maybe stomach it a little bit if RoHo weren't playing Franco as such a whiny, petulant toddler. We already have Sonny; we don't need another character making things all about him (i.e., Franco making things about Franco).

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't suppose there's any pushback in the soap press about this story? Not that that would change it. Ugh. I could maybe stomach it a little bit if RoHo weren't playing Franco as such a whiny, petulant toddler. We already have Sonny; we don't need another character making things all about him (i.e., Franco making things about Franco).

I literally think Michael is the only perfect man left on this show.   His love literally kills.   Only flaws:  his mother and the man he allegedly calls his father.   I guess Jason could be pretty decent.  If you do something truly terrible, just hit him in the head.  He won't remember anything at all.   But the baggage is literally everyone in his life but his mother and children.   Well, one of them.  

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I know this is OT, but we've discussed the Y&R transformation before in here and this is the kind of change and candor I dream of seeing at GH (or any soap).

I would love for this to happened.

• Love 2

Right, that fool. I literally had to go to IMDb to find out which character he played, because his face was vaguely familiar, but other than that I had no idea, despite Rafe being on the show for, what, two years? That makes one of us pathetic and I choose to believe it's him.

• Love 2