Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Why is there a twitter account for two fictional characters that never interacted even once?

THEY SHARED A PHONE CALL.

Britt also commented on a picture of Morgan when she was trying to "rescue Spencer" from Carly's house.  So clearly, they're soul mates. ;)

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ulkis said:

Truth, but at least KeMo was the only one at the time.

Same strategy to make her a "star" is being employed to make the current crop fly.  One or ten doesn't make a difference, imo.  It was just as irksome in 2003 as it is now.  It worked for her, it'll work for them.  Same politics.

Edited by coffee drinker
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

And at least she wasn't playing a rapist, mobster, serial killer, terrorist, or back from the dead zombie demon spawn.

So you're splitting hairs then.  And what does Jake coming back have to do with KMo's shoehorn onto the show?  

Kelly Monaco was not the first or the last popular soap star to go to another soap to goose the ratings and add a feather to the new show's cap, she's one of at least hundreds or even thousands globally. She was popular on PC for her character, not her tits. And at the time she was added to GH she was only one person. Further, she caught on with an audience. I may personally have despised Jason/Sam, but Sam as well as the couple have had a strong fanbase on GH going on 10+ years.

The difference is that Frank and Ron added a score of OLTL stars to the show en masse, all at once - then added them again - then added (at least one of) them again, despite their sucking away airtime and story from countless other beloved characters. If Sam had completely failed they would not have invented a second or third character for Kelly Monaco. If Sam hadn't worked they would not spin a ton of stories solely around her to keep her going. She remained centrally attached to Jason, Sonny, etc., for whom their stories were the priority - not Franco, not Kiki, not Silas or Nina or Claudette or even Finn. Much of the firmament of GH as it existed in 2003 continued to operate as was with or without the addition of Sam, and the GH mob canvas Guza had created was already well-established.

You know this, so why you're trying to equate the two situations is beyond me. I may have relentlessly mocked Sam's early stories, but I never took it out on Kelly Monaco or blamed her. She's never schemed to take Becky Herbst's story or job. They're friends.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 11
29 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Kelly Monaco was not the first or the last popular soap star to go to another soap to goose the ratings and add a feather to the new show's cap, she's one of at least hundreds or even thousands globally. She was popular on PC for her character, not her tits. And at the time she was added to GH she was only one person. Further, she caught on with an audience. I may personally have despised Jason/Sam, but Sam as well as the couple have had a strong fanbase on GH going on 10+ years.

The difference is that Frank and Ron added a score of OLTL stars to the show en masse, all at once - then added them again - then added (at least one of) them again, despite their sucking away airtime and story from countless other beloved characters. If Sam had completely failed they would not have invented a second or third character for Kelly Monaco. If Sam hadn't worked they would not spin a ton of stories solely around her to keep her going. She remained centrally attached to Jason, Sonny, etc., for whom their stories were the priority - not Franco, not Kiki, not Silas or Nina or Claudette or even Finn. Much of the firmament of GH as it existed in 2003 continued to operate as was with or without the addition of Sam, and the GH mob canvas Guza had created was already well-established.

You know this, so why you're trying to equate the two situations is beyond me. I may have relentlessly mocked Sam's early stories, but I never took it out on Kelly Monaco or blamed her. She's never schemed to take Becky Herbst's story or job. They're friends.

This. KeMo's arrival at GH is slightly more comparable to Robin Christopher coming to GH in 2001 from AMC/OLTL. It's a not perfect comparison, but it's a better one. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Britt also commented on a picture of Morgan when she was trying to "rescue Spencer" from Carly's house.  So clearly, they're soul mates. ;)

NGL, I briefly wanted them to BrittMor only because I wanted to see Faison & Dr. O get rid of Sonny & Carly.  

In all fairness to me, this was during time the show had pivoted away from 'Sonny is a good man' & 'Carly is brave, and strong, and loves with her whole heart' and was simulteanously in love with Dr. O.  So I thought Faison & Olbrecht might actually win against Sonny & Carly.  

• Love 3

With Anna returning, it reminded me how FV (and RC when he was here) seems to bank too much on the actors popularity and the characters' fan bases. I really never thought I would see the day were the audience would be dreading Anna's return, but here we are.  It really feels like abuse to me. Anna, Liz, and in a lot of respects Nik, he really put  characters through the wringer (and considering that Liz is constantly the goat, it is a special feat). This isn't about challenging the audience, the audience if for more open to than EPs tend to give the audience (see: Tony Jone's initial affair with Carly) it seems to be about pushing plot points to drive to things that can be called a story any longer. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think @HeatLifer wrote that! :innocent whistle:

LMAO. I must have thrown in that part about Sam being awesome with Silas and Patrick to throw people off my trail.

This idea that Sam was suddenly this amazing character outside of just specifically Jason is an odd one. Yes, she always got hurt and needed to be saved with him and that was insane and tedious and boring, but watching her sit around doing nothing and just talking about happiness was boring as hell, too. There has to be a place in-between, show.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

That author sounds like a Steve Burton stan.

Perhaps. I was all nodding along to that article, when I read the one she previously wrote and this happened

Later, the great Roger Howarth took up the part as a contract player and for all of his many talents the one thing he cannot achieve is one-dimensionality. His performances are all edge and nuance.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Perhaps. I was all nodding along to that article, when I read the one she previously wrote and this happened

Later, the great Roger Howarth took up the part as a contract player and for all of his many talents the one thing he cannot achieve is one-dimensionality. His performances are all edge and nuance.

This forever invalidates everything she's says - past, present, and future.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

That author sounds like a Steve Burton stan.

It was like, "SBu got really bad, and Jason makes all these female characters worse, but Billy is awful, so bring SBu back." 

No, for me, SBu playing Jason doesn't matter. Jason was ruined loooong ago, regardless. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Yeah, the title might be the best part. Because this? 

Kelly Monaco rekindled her legendary chemistry with actor Michael Easton who played the smart, hot, and damaged Silas Clay to perfection. 

No.

Yeah, that part was not the best.  But I love that title, which I'm pretty sure I've used in commenting on Jason AND Michael Easton in all his forms.

• Love 3

Overall, an interesting article, but this comment had me perplexed: 

Burton’s Jason also displayed real affection and patience for Laura Wright’s Carly whereas Miller greets Mrs. Corinthos with a forced smile and a wince suggesting that his Jason can barely stand to be in her presence.

Why would this be a bad thing? 

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously. His exasperation with Carly was one of my favorite things, especially when she was cooking up one of her crazy plaaaans and expected him to go along with it.

One of my favorite scenes was when she told him about Nik/Liz and she wanted him to basically go take Jake away from Liz/Lucky and he's looking at her like she's the biggest hypocrite ever.

• Love 2

This line is everything I've wanted to see from Liz and Sam for years (and years):  

The two attack one another and swoon over Jason when they should stop, look at each other and say, “Huh. You know what? There’s a lot of hot guys in this town. Wanna go hit the bars and see if we can find one who doesn’t shoot people for a living?”

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That was definitely the best part of the piece. But even taking away the fact Jason is/was a hit man, he's still no prize. 

This show went from having Jason read medical journals and travel books (he would legit go around town with his book on France, lol) to browsing GUN MAGAZINES. And the women fought over the latter!!!!

• Love 5

I think he still read books on Africa every now and then, didn't he? Or did that stop once Michael was SORASed? Frankly, I'm amazed he read anything at all. This show is so anti-learning of any stripe.

(One of my favorite in-jokes will always be Diane telling a younger Molly that the Pandora books are very good. Carolyn Hennessy wrote them. It worked perfectly, unlike the clunky Ragù and Aveeno plugs the poor actors have had to struggle through.)

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think he still read books on Africa every now and then, didn't he? Or did that stop once Michael was SORASed? Frankly, I'm amazed he read anything at all. This show is so anti-learning of any stripe.

TPTB completely took away all the humanizing aspects of Jason. All he did at a certain point was run around w/ his black tshirt, waving a gun or stand behind Spinelli on his laptop. Did he ever eat, sleep, shit, go to the park, go on dates??? SBu/Guza made him into a complete robot.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

An opinion piece about Jason Morgan, which apparently has sent stans on Twitter into a spiral.  I particularly love the title:

https://poptraction.com/2016/09/11/is-gh-s-jasonmorgan-really-all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips/

I wanted to agree till she seemed to call SBu genius and Silas a great character.  No.  More like no more SBu ever again, Silas never, and more AJ.  Eh at least you know I didn't write that.  I'd have hooked up Liz and Sam and revived AJ.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

(One of my favorite in-jokes will always be Diane telling a younger Molly that the Pandora books are very good. Carolyn Hennessy wrote them. It worked perfectly, unlike the clunky Ragù and Aveeno plugs the poor actors have had to struggle through.)

Wasn't it Prego? 

On September 8, 2016 at 6:12 AM, jsbt said:

There's a certain point that these shows just became desperate pityfucks with a lot of sad-assed vets from other shows reuniting on another one in terrible, flimsy storylines while the actual longtime families and characters are floundering.

This is the most glorious and accurate description of the concept that frank Valentini calls his "megasoap."

• Love 4
On 9/9/2016 at 1:39 PM, ulkis said:

Yes, I did make a contribution to the Bryan Craig bookie fund.

quoting myself because no, I wasn't joking, but I haven't said anything about it yet because BC keeps frigging cancelling. 

First, he tweeted "24 hours before chat!!" on twitter, then, 12 hours later, cancelled it and said it was moving to today.

The Bryan Craig and Aaron Jaeger performance 'General Hospital Talk and Giveaway!' has been rescheduled to start at 1:00 PM EDT, September 13, 2016 and will last for 30 minutes.

then I got another e-mail today:

The Bryan Craig and Aaron Jaeger performance 'General Hospital Talk and Giveaway!' has been rescheduled to start at 1:00 PM EDT, September 21, 2016 and will last for 30 minutes.

I went to Bryan's twitter after that and to be fair to him, he did forewarn there that he was going to change the date again, at 12:15 am est. 

I suspect this tweet is the reason for his postponements:

Bryan Craig ‏@bryan_craig  Sep 10

24 hrs left till my video . 37 tickets left , only $8 . Need all tickets gone. Giving away awesome stuff!

Bryan Craig! NOBODY else besides me and whoever else has already signed up for this is going to buy another ticket. Just get it over with!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

"All tickets must sell...or my bookie's goons will break my legs."  (Not that I have any knowledge of him having a gambling problem, but, between this and the urgency to sell his car, that's how he's coming across.) 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, he's awful about this. How about telling people upfront that if all the tickets aren't sold, there won't be a chat?

I hope if the thing is canceled, he refunds your money ASAP

I have my doubts. I just hope it doesn't slip my mind at this rate lol.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

I have my doubts. I just hope it doesn't slip my mind at this rate lol.

tell me if you really bought tickets that you will film and/or live tweet your thoughts on the event.  Or both.  I need a running commentary and video if possible.  I am literally dead at this.  Also, could you possibly bring a list of large vocabulary words and ask him to spell them and  video it?  Reason being it would be fucking hilarious and make a great meme.

• Love 4

something very strange is happening with my cable guide. All of next week, ABC is showing 'to be announced' in both the 2 pm and 3 pm timeslot. GH doesn't return to the lineup until Monday 9/26. Is anyone else having this problem? (although I'm not sure how much of a 'problem' it is since the show sucks so bad these days.)

• Love 1