Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Sonny ended up with Carly AND got stuck with raising her demon child. That ain't winning. Seriously, sometimes I can't believe that happened. Do I thank Burton for this? I need answers!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

What would work is if a younger male character who is just like Sonny from back in the day rolled in to town and started messing with Kristina or Molly or a SORAS'd Joss.  Sonny is forced to come face to face with what he did and what he was really like.

But with the shit writing on this show, we'd just have Sonny come to the rescue in some ridiculous way and then pompously lecture the other character on how we would NEVER abuse or mistreat a young lady like that and even more of the audience would tune out in disgust.

You mean Johnny?

• Love 7
10 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Sonny ended up with Carly AND got stuck with raising her demon child. That ain't winning. Seriously, sometimes I can't believe that happened. Do I thank Burton for this? I need answers!

Nah, this one you can blame Benard and Brown for. They wanted to work together.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Hee, I was being facetious. But blame? I thank them! I'll explain one day in the History thread.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Maybe, but SBu didn't want Jarly together, either. Guza would have put them together for real had he not been obsessed with sniffing SBu's underwear. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, UYI said:

Maybe, but SBu didn't want Jarly together, either. Guza would have put them together for real had he not been obsessed with sniffing SBu's underwear. 

I just randomly started laughing again at all those scenes where Carly tried to climb into Jason's bed and he was like "why what no get off pls god stop."

• Love 1
4 hours ago, UYI said:

Because Stevie B thought Sarah, and I quote, "reeked of cigarettes". 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Because Stevie B thought Sarah, and I quote, "reeked of cigarettes". 

That reason (which has always been interesting, not that I don't get it) still doesn't explain why they never tried Jason and Carly romantically after she left. 

9 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

You mean Johnny?

By the time they got around to actually thinking of attempting Kristina and Johnny  BB left. RC was too busy wasting time on that Connie nonsense.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Because the NOL* fan group was terrifying?

No Ordinary Love -Sonny/Carly fans

Heh.

I dunno. I just find it interesting. Did they think Jason's character would never go there after Sonny claimed it? I dunno. I am curious if Ron wanted to go there. Everyone claimed Ron was a Liason fan, but I never bought that for reasons that are irrelevant to this thread.

2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

That reason (which has always been interesting, not that I don't get it) still doesn't explain why they never tried Jason and Carly romantically after she left. 

My only guess is that TB Carly & him never had any romantic chemistry. Plus weren't they playing around with Jiz/Journey around that time?

41 minutes ago, NiqueAlexis said:

My only guess is that TB Carly & him never had any romantic chemistry. Plus weren't they playing around with Jiz/Journey around that time?

Yeah, true. TB's Carly was an entirely different version of the character, looking back. I mean, she was practically a cheerleader for Journey. It was so odd seeing her like that. And then JB/LW's versions were back to hating all his women.

I still say they could go The Blacklist route with Sonny, and having RFS back would be the perfect chance. Hell, they could even retcon a little bit and say that Sonny flipped a while back, he's been secretly working for the WSB to help bring down other criminals, and that's why Anna was working with him, because Robert asked her to do so. They could make it so only the audience and a few specific characters know he is actually trying to slowly dismantle the 5 families, and keeping the secret starts to have an effect on his family. They retcon the fuck out of everything else, that would be something that could be interesting. The Russian families could be involved with identity theft and computer hacking (something that is topical) because again, WHO THE FUCK REALLY TALKS ABOUT THE MOB THESE DAYS???? MB could still have his 'mob' but the audience wouldn't have to loathe him quite so much, if we saw there is truly a purpose behind it.

But Uncle Frank and his talentless hacks have zero imagination. FV really is gonna kill this show.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

I still say they could go The Blacklist route with Sonny, and having RFS back would be the perfect chance. Hell, they could even retcon a little bit and say that Sonny flipped a while back, he's been secretly working for the WSB to help bring down other criminals, and that's why Anna was working with him, because Robert asked her to do so. They could make it so only the audience and a few specific characters know he is actually trying to slowly dismantle the 5 families, and keeping the secret starts to have an effect on his family. They retcon the fuck out of everything else, that would be something that could be interesting. The Russian families could be involved with identity theft and computer hacking (something that is topical) because again, WHO THE FUCK REALLY TALKS ABOUT THE MOB THESE DAYS???? MB could still have his 'mob' but the audience wouldn't have to loathe him quite so much, if we saw there is truly a purpose behind it.

But Uncle Frank and his talentless hacks have zero imagination. FV really is gonna kill this show.

Before or after he murdered AJ. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Before or after he murdered AJ. 

We retcon AJ being dead.  Always.  AJ is not dead.   Why would the WSB or the Cassadines want AJ?   Because he's the one who proved Faison was alive during the FonDuke stuff.  Him not being tied to the mob insures that he is literally the only character who will never ever have sympathy for Sonny or any mob.  He's survived a lot of stuff,more than Jason.  AJ is literally the thing they never saw coming.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Because the NOL* fan group was terrifying?

No Ordinary Love -Sonny/Carly fans

Some of the stories I've heard about those fans are creepy as fuck. And I think Mo and his wife Paula encouraged that behavior, too.

Now on the other hand, the hospital killer storyline has been excellent. This one has kept fans guessing and doubting who is and isn’t the killer.

Well, yeah, but who cares? Even if it is

Andre,

there's been no groundwork. We'll get the reasons in some Dr. Evil–like exposition, and I'm sure it will be lamer than lame.

I don't think any of the stories except Laura and Kevin are working.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
On 8/19/2016 at 10:30 PM, dubbel zout said:

Well, yeah, but who cares? Even if it is

Reveal hidden contents

Andre,

there's been no groundwork. We'll get the reasons in some Dr. Evil–like exposition, and I'm sure it will be lamer than lame.

I don't think any of the stories except Laura and Kevin are working.

I'm way behind, but is that spoiler correct? Wow.

He'll still be grinning the whole time. Looking for Scott Bakula and talking about how he grew up on spaceships.*

(* - I'm still not over it that that's Andre. I knew it the moment I saw that boring dude smile inappropriately.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

We're getting spoiled with all these regular updates!

When Shelly Altman and Jean Passanante came on board, there were a lot of big promises about bringing romance back. Almost a year later, we’ve seen Hayden mourn the man who had her shot in the head, Lucas and Brad’s exciting off screen honeymoon, and Julian threatening to slit Alexis’ throat.

Aaaah yeeeah...

• Love 7

I don't get why they keep writing these übercreepy things for Franco and then have him laugh it away as "Well, what else could I do?" Can't there be just a little writer responsibility with this stuff? That's what frustrates me the most, is that when a reasonable objection is raised, it gets waved off as being pearl-clutchy or too picky or something. (ETA: Waved off by the show/writers/Frank, not anyone on the board.)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7
Just now, dubbel zout said:

I don't get why they keep writing these übercreepy things for Franco and then have him laugh it away as "Well, what else could I do?" Can't there be just a little writer responsibility with this stuff? That's what frustrates me the most, is that when a reasonable objection is raised, it gets waved off as being pearl-clutchy or too picky or something. 

My problem is he's so whiny. He didn't hold up a convenience store, he killed a bunch of people! And posed them for art! He should be having sporadic "oh woe will anyone ever learn to love a beast" moments in private, if he has to have any, not charging up to Sam or Scotty or whoever and whining that no one will ever love him. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

My problem is he's so whiny. He didn't hold up a convenience store, he killed a bunch of people! And posed them for art!

I will never forget his whining when his assets were frozen by a civil lawsuit brought against him by his victim's families and the show expected us to sympathize WITH HIM.  Ugh.

• Love 7

Ignoring chemistry, which is subjective, I really believe a lot of fans just like that Franco is written like Liz is The Most Beautiful Best Thing Ever Created and her son is The Most Awesome Son Ever and he's helping her through her problems. It's not the first time I've seen characters' behaviors ignored (Franco's past is more extreme) because he or she loves someone's fave.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Ignoring chemistry, which is subjective, I really believe a lot of fans just like that Franco is written like Liz is The Most Beautiful Best Thing Ever Created and her son is The Most Awesome Son Ever and he's helping her through her problems. It's not the first time I've seen characters' behaviors ignored (Franco's past is more extreme) because he or she loves someone's fave.

Yup.

I also think that these actors' two fanbases in particular will ship anyone they're paired with, especially since a lot of the usual story crutches have been busted out.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I also think that these actors' two fanbases in particular will ship anyone they're paired with, especially since a lot of the usual story crutches have been busted out.

I mean, that's fair though. Liz has gotten crap for so long it must make a nice change of pace. And the RHs have chemistry. Just for me, there's nothing appealing about the way the guy is being written. I cringed when he called her an angel. Liz doesn't need another man putting her up on a pedestal, and I say this from Liz's POV. She's had too many guys rant at her when they discover she isn't perfect.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Liz doesn't need another man putting her up on a pedestal, and I say this from Liz's POV. She's had too many guys rant at her when they discover she isn't perfect.

At least they had her tell Franco he was responsible for his own salvation; she couldn't help. That's progress of a sort. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't get why they keep writing these übercreepy things for Franco and then have him laugh it away as "Well, what else could I do?" Can't there be just a little writer responsibility with this stuff? That's what frustrates me the most, is that when a reasonable objection is raised, it gets waved off as being pearl-clutchy or too picky or something. (ETA: Waved off by the show/writers/Frank, not anyone on the board.)

True story - I know someone who actually likes Franco, or at least she says he amuses her, and she said to me with a straight face that Franco deserves better than Liz. My issues with Muffin Face are certainly well-documented, but......wow, really?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

True story - I know someone who actually likes Franco, or at least she says he amuses her, and she said to me with a straight face that Franco deserves better than Liz. My issues with Muffin Face are certainly well-documented, but......wow, really?

Okay. To get rid of Franco/Liz, I will push that. Apparently, BH's fanbase and her nearly 20 years on the show isn't enough to get her to move past the biggest failure of the Bechdel test, she isn't soap legend Roger Hogworth! So yeah, he is too good for her! Let her spend so time alone to get her head straight and raise her Peter Pan kids!  Let him have a long triangle with Nina and Valentin...off screen. All of them.

• Love 1

lol at this exchange

tweet to Vanessa Marcil:

I know you busy with other projects, but I would love to see you come back to GH and mix it up a little. Especially with Billy Miller.

‏@VanessaMarcilM

No

• Love 10
11 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Yikes. Poor Emme.

I wonder how they'll write that in—they could go somewhat RL and say Rocco accidentally hit her in the face with a toy.

10 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm glad to hear that the actors had a good time at least on Cassadine Island.

It was probably as nice for them to work with different actors as it is for us to see the character mix. If Frank is going to keep adding all these characters, how about integrating the cast more?

• Love 4

Article said that she wasn't going to need a bone marrow transplant and that she was doing well and almost done. It said that she was in hospital for 6 out of 9 weeks of treatments. So that must have be hard.