Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, Francie said:

Agreed that No. 3 is Days (Dena Higley).

No. 2 says "regime" and not writer, which may indicate a writing team - Jelly. But, unless we're misunderstandings the situation, it's not like they have a vision and would be told that they need to shape up. I get the impression they are just following Frank's and the network's orders. And I doubt they'd be told that they have until the end of summer to follow orders better.  So, that would indicate that it's Pratt over at Y&R.

Whether it's Y&R or GH for no. 2, I think no. 1 will be the opposite show's EP. Not that a both the writing and the EP's necks could be on the line at the same time, but it seems like one or other would be in imminent danger. With lackluster ratings, I can see the case being made for either Frank or Jill. 

I think BG is pointing to Frank because they leave a bit of clues.  The related blind item is to a blind about ABC shows and the pic is of a man.  I do think it's safe to say the only show they aren't talking about is B&B.  

6 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I think the 3rd item is about Days writer, but the 2nd is about Jelly or could be Chuck.  They'll throw him under before Jill.  But the first is clearly about Frank IMO. Sounds like they have been paying attention and have just been letting him hang himself.  Smart move.  Another show will hire him.  He can save money, unlike JFP who blew the whole budget on sweeps.  But he's not right for GH.  Tbh, he and Ron would be great for Days.  They love history, can use vets, and know how to budget. 

No thank you!  Days has big-time problems but none of them would be solved by hiring Frank and Ron.

• Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, ulkis said:

cute picture of her, Anthony Montgomery and Richard Burgi on the bottom.

Burgi is hilarious in that photo!

The interview mentions a big secret with TJ: (spoiled just in case)

Doesn't he already know Shawn is his father?

Edited by dubbel zout
(edited)

@dom_zamprogna 8m8 minutes ago

Dom zamprogna

If you don't like us, come support the leukemia & lymphoma society and laugh at @WilliamdeVry1

Oh, Dom, you know well the way to my heart. That marketing strategy is brill.

Edited by Francie
Cuz I can't get this website to work properly for me ... ever.
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, magnolia11 said:

Soap Opera Digest is reporting that RoHo has re-upped his contract.  Jesus, Franco the SERIAL KILLER is like a case of the clap that will never, ever disappear.  :sob:

Man, after that garbage today.  I can't deal.  

NLG is ranting on FB again...

I feel an exorcist type rant coming on. It will only last for several run on sentences, and then I will mentally b**tch slap my thoughts back into positivity, as I must often do when I give too much of my attention to reality. Waking up to the UCLA shooting didn't help.

Guns. Hate them. Trump. Shit on a shoe. Bernie. Work'n my last nerve. Ann Coulter. (see her comments re Stephen Hawking) Cockroach with a bad weave and a bony ass. TV Media. Ratings over truth. Reckless. Americans who justify their justified anger by unjustifiably ignoring the FACT that their support of a candidate with an inarguable personality disorder, who behaves like a 2nd grade uncontrollable bully, who has repeatedly made up s**t, blatantly offended everyone, embarrassed this nation, and is seriously dangerous. Don't vote. Americans didn't give their lives for you to have the right to be willfully uniformed, unaware and unfazed by it all. Be angry, but also be mindful of the consequences of carelessly lashing out with an indefensible vote. Attention seekers. Winning. Trump, The Kardashians, The RealHousewives, Mobwives, Dance moms, and all the other people who agree to be an asshole on TV for money because Americans can't get enough of it... are winning. Americans are giving attention to, glorifying, and idolizing these morality challenged fame seekers, while sitting at home trying to make ends meet hoping their kids don't turn out like the assholes on TV that they cant stop watching. Hillary Clinton. She screams. She Shrieks, She's untrustworthy. She's unlikable. She's unqualified. Really? Anyone who's ever been around a bunch of Jr. High school girls or been marginalized by men in business will call this what it is. Misogyny. By both men and women. I will not even qualify my observation about this. You either get it or you dont. And as for emails and Benghazi? White noise. There's no there there, as has been proven over and over and over! You just don't like her. Who cares? She's not running for homecoming queen, or your mama. You dont have to date her or have lunch with her. This is not, contrary to popular belief, a popularity contest. It's an election of the most important office in this country. Perhaps the world. It matters. It f'n matters. I'm almost done. Time Warner. You need to call me!!! 

There. I feel better. You?

xoxo

PS  I love you.

31 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Would that post be considered bringing politics over here? Just want to clarify before I comment on it.

Scanned and saw Trump and guns and Kardashians. So my take is "yes" on politics. But commenting on Kardashians is fair game.  :-\

• Love 3

Saw this on Twitter and found it very, very annoying:

Soaps In Depth ABC‏@soapsindepthabc

It amazes me that people STILL don't get that Sonny sees things from his own worldview. They get all upset when he rewrites history. #GH

I mean, duh, of course Sonny sees things that way.  The problem is that the show never allows the counterpoint to air.  We never hear another character calling out Sonny out on his murdering and mobstering and the terrible things he's done to his children.  And all the while, Sonny and Carly are hoisted up as the show's moral centers and romantic leads.  THAT's the disconnect.

• Love 23

SoD is stupid af anyway.  Maybe we don't want to or shouldn't have to get the viewpoint of a misogynistic, murdering murderer?  Show can't have Sonny running around like the Port Charles Justice League while he's murdering innocent people as they beg for their lives.  Innocent people that he hung on a meat hook and stole their children.    Where's the Justice for AJ?  Even that shit was about some spawn from Sonny's loins.  That's  the problem.   Everything in this show eventually leads back to an uneducated little thug who can't keep it in his pants, but gosh he's got dimples and is great with kids.  Like, I  can't. 

And wtf is up with a temp recast for Nik because they can't give/won't give TC what he wants, yet RoHo resigns with no problems?   I want some tea on that because I'm a fan of Roger, but even I'm calling fowl on that.   

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, duh, of course Sonny sees things that way.  The problem is that the show never allows the counterpoint to air.  We never hear another character calling out Sonny out on his murdering and mobstering and the terrible things he's done to his children.  And all the while, Sonny and Carly are hoisted up as the show's moral centers and romantic leads.  THAT's the disconnect.

They really don't get it, do they?  Sonny having a twisted viewpoint where he rewrites history to make himself look better is one thing.  The show portraying that viewpoint as the good and honest one is another entirely.  

• Love 15
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Exactly. While we hear Carly and Sonny's side when it comes to AJ, AJ's dead.  Whether it is or not, Sonny's take is gospel. That is a problem.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Exactly. While we hear Carly and Sonny's side when it comes to AJ, AJ's dead.  Whether it is or not, Sonny's take is gospel. That is a problem.

• Love 1

Oh Joy.  Because the once suave, debonaire and sophisticated Jasper Jax wasn't emasculated, degraded and reduced to laughable roadkill during his last go round with Sonny and Carly.  Sigh.  Here we go again.

• Love 5

I wonder how long it will take Sonny to blame Jax for the kidney mixup. 

It makes sense for Jax to be around for Joss's story, so color me shocked he will be. I'm sure in the most ridiculous way possible, given this is GH, but still.

On The Americans last night, Paige and Elizabeth were watching GH. That show is set in 1984 (I think? or 1983), so it's right in the middle of the Celia/Grant story, where he's falling in love with her and he's an illegal. Such a great little detail for the other show to bring in.

• Love 8

Let's see how they can fuck over Jax for Sonny and Carly.

This show has killed any interest I might have had for characters I like coming back. I don't even want AJ back anymore.  There is just no point to it.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It makes sense for Jax to be around for Joss's story, so color me shocked he will be. I'm sure in the most ridiculous way possible, given this is GH, but still.

That was my thought too.  Written in character, Jax would of course be involved in Joss' medical drama so I was surprised that he's going to be, though I'm sure he'll get a sliver of airtime in the story compared to Dr. Michael Easton and Sonny.  Can we at least find out he's back with Brenda or Skye off-screen so we can see Carly's head explode? 

I was also annoyed afresh that SERIAL KILLER Franco and Dr. Michael Easton are on contract while Jax is recurring (although that might be IR's preference, he doesn't live in LA anymore, yes?).

• Love 3

Here's hoping he knows his storyline will be crap and that he'll only be on a few times, but that he took the job because he and his family wanted to visit old friends on the mainland and and his appearance on GH is just a means of offsetting the costs of the trip.

• Love 4
(edited)

And now the bad-ish news: Finola Hughes is taking the summer off so we won't be seeing Anna for a while:

http://www.serialscoop.com/2016/06/finola-hughes-takes-break-from-general.html

I love Finola Hughes, but Anna's storyline has been driving me batty lately so hopefully she goes to visit Robin off-screen for the summer and comes back to a completely new story that doesn't have to do with Duke.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
(edited)

Good for Finola. She's been working really hard and deserves a break. I only wish that MB would decide he needs a vacation too.

So, Jax. I guess this show hasn't broken me yet because I'm still foolishly willing to believe that he will at least cause some damage to Sonny/Carly. Seriously, why bring him all the way here from Hawaii if he isn't going to do anything except bow down to the Orange Midget?Like we don't have enough characters that do that already? Okay maybe not damage, but at the very least not take their crap. I was never a big Jax fan or found him attractive (90's Jax was way too blond for me) until the very end. Then he looked yummy. Anyway, there's a lot of other things he can do besides be involved in this kidney story. He can take Morgan aside and ask him what the hell is wrong with him and what happened to make him such a little snot-nose punk.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 13
24 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Anyway, there's a lot of other things he can do besides be involved in this kidney story.

I could see him getting involved in Alexis' storyline too. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I was never a big Jax fan or found him attractive (90's Jax was way too blond for me) until the very end. Then he looked yummy.

He did look better with age, but he was on Hawaii Five-0 a few weeks ago and looked as if he hadn't slept in a month. In any case, I like Ingo, but Jax is a dick, so I'm completely indifferent to him coming back.

Slightly OT, but relevant to our interests.  Michael Logan has an interview with Brad Bell of "The Bold and the Beautiful" about whether a story on the show was or was not rape, something that's happened here on GH a time or two:

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/90246/bold-and-the-beautiful-executive-producer-bradley-bell-on-thomas-caroline-sex-controversy/

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but Logan here was the one who asserted that men couldn't be raped when Jax got raped and Carly and Jason were laughing about it, right?  Or was that Nelson Branco?

• Love 1

That's what I thought.  And I'm pretty sure he also waded in and defended Ron re: what Ford did to Teen!Jessica on OLTL.

So Logan pitching himself here as some crusader of social justice asking the tough questions is ridiculous.

• Love 2
(edited)

I have a feeling Frank only encourages Finola taking these long vacations because he just doesn't want to seriously write for Anna.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

No, Ingo! Don't come back to this hellhole! I realize the man probably just wants to see friends and, perhaps, keep his SAG benefits going or whatever. But can't he go back to H5O in the fall or whatnot?

Jax around Carly and Sonny can lead to no good. Ever.

At least Finola is running away for a bit after the hatchet job that continues to happen to Anna.

• Love 4

Who wants to take bets on how many days it takes TIIC to destroy Jax again. He will be responsible for the kidney mix up, Sonny killing AJ, Having Sex on AJ's grave. Robins  kidnapping , AND Jason's death. He WILL ALSO BE SO thankful  for the wonderful way he treats Joss. Carley even made him a child stealer.  Jax has never been allowed to win, even tho he has it all over Scummy looks, height, and talent. They even ruined him for me when he left Skye to rescue Brenda.If he was smart, he would take the money and run.This show is worse now, than it was when he was on before.

• Love 4