Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

On 9/15/2018 at 9:44 AM, Sake614 said:

Oh dear God...MB has been cast to play John Gotti in a Lifetime move.

from soap central:

there are certain actors who just ooze what it takes to realistically play mob characters and general Hospital’s Maurice Benard is right up there on the list alongside greats like marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci. Fans have always wanted to see him tackle the part of a mobster outside of Port Charles, and they’re about to get their wish.

Wait until they find out Gotti was convicted and sent to jail, and he didn't have Diane, Spinelli, or Jason to bail him out.

• Love 7
On 9/15/2018 at 8:44 AM, Sake614 said:

Oh dear God...MB has been cast to play John Gotti in a Lifetime move.

from soap central:

there are certain actors who just ooze what it takes to realistically play mob characters and general Hospital’s Maurice Benard is right up there on the list alongside greats like marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci. Fans have always wanted to see him tackle the part of a mobster outside of Port Charles, and they’re about to get their wish.

Sorry Mo, but you can’t hold a candle to the real John Gotti!

How on earth can anyone put Mo's name in wit Brando, Pacino, De Niro, and Peschi and not crack up at the thought? 

On 9/14/2018 at 4:45 PM, Gam2 said:

I will never believe or understand that lame story about how Anna conceived Peter with Cesar. Never. Makes me sick for Anna, Robin, Robert and Peter.

I feel like the only thing they can do at this point is have it so Anna and Alex were patients for the memory mapping before Jason and Drew and Alex really had Peter.  It would be stupid, of course, but it would be a stupid that would fix the stupid they already did rather than doubling down on the stupid already done.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

@GHScorpiosRule Seriously, sometimes it’s crazy to me how long they ended up working together. On and off for almost 30 years. 

I know, right? And the reason these two (RobinNJason) have a special place in my heart is because Jason wasn’t a murdering ‘roided thug when they fell in love and SHE was the ONLY person he left the mob for when Mooby left him in “charge.”

And I know that makes me a hypocrite, but I don’t care. I did and will FOREVER LOATHE how Guzasshole massacred Robin when Kimberly left, just so SHEBEAST, Mooby could be smug and lording it over her.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I feel like the only thing they can do at this point is have it so Anna and Alex were patients for the memory mapping before Jason and Drew and Alex really had Peter.  It would be stupid, of course, but it would be a stupid that would fix the stupid they already did rather than doubling down on the stupid already done.

I like this. Anna finding out that all of her memories aren't really her own could make for some interesting story.  It even has an old school WSB feel to it, when back in the day the more outlandish, the better.  But unlikely to happen, I guess.

I do wish they'd get back to the fact that Margeaux has the flash drive with Drew's memories and have it be part of an actual story.  The pacing is worse than usual on this particular arc. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

How on

This is now canon in my head regardless of what they decide to do on-screen. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know, right? And the reason these two (RobinNJason) have a special place in my heart is because Jason wasn’t a murdering ‘roided thug when they fell in love and SHE was the ONLY person he left the mob for when Mooby left him in “charge.”

I also think she was the only romantic interest who expressed to his face that he had potential to do something else; that he was more than capable of having a profession that wasn’t killing. Of course, she was seen as ~his evil mother~ and ~telling him what to do~ If only they could all be like Sam “I’ll never question you, JASIN” McCall! 

• Love 2

The response to JaSam was huge! Kelly “that can be a gift or a curse because it’s a lot to live up to. Do people expect the same intensity and chemistry and magic that was created over the course of 9 years to continue? That’s the scary thing for me”

12 hours ago, Hater said:

The response to JaSam was huge! Kelly “that can be a gift or a curse because it’s a lot to live up to. Do people expect the same intensity and chemistry and magic that was created over the course of 9 years to continue? That’s the scary thing for me”

Regarding the bolded? Yes. And it’s been shown and proven by Luke and Laura, when they returned after 10 years. I think it’s challenging when they haven’t worked together in between. And both Anthony and Genie still had IT until both Geary and Guzasshole ruined it. Hell, even when Genie came back, engaged to  Scottie again, Geary’s whole face just LIT UP when he saw her on that boat. Despite him trash talking the legacy of Luke and Laura.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 7

A long-term couple shouldn't be exactly the same as when it first formed, but if the writers are going to keep the couple going, then I don't think it's asking too much for the actors to keep at least the chemistry going. I need to believe the couple still wants to be together. I don't at all with Jason and Sam. If I were a new viewer, I'd wonder if they'd even met, there's so little connection between them.

• Love 14

Um, Kelly, no one expects actors to have the same exact chemistry they had on Day 1, but the problem most are having with you is it appears like you’re not even TRYING to make a connection with any actor outside of Billy Miller, so yeah. It ain’t about magic, girl. It’s about doing your job. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, jsbt said:

In fairness, all Steve ever does is swap out black shirts.

And Steve has been called out for his lack of effort. For years and years and years. Kelly has become just as bad, if not worse, especially in the past year. And on top of that, is now saying things like, “I hope no one expects us to have the same chemistry....” Well, when you refuse to touch, that’s a bit of a problem, I’d say.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And Steve has been called out for his lack of effort. For years and years and years. Kelly has become just as bad, if not worse, especially in the past year. And on top of that, is now saying things like, “I hope no one expects us to have the same chemistry....” Well, when you refuse to touch, that’s a bit of a problem, I’d say.

Some are reading it as "Kelly feels pressured to live up to expectations."  Eh, I just don't agree.  For me, it reads more like you are saying...basically, "don't expect it to be the same because I don't feel it is either."  I'm suppose to believe Kelly is scared to deliver a good reunion to a fanbase she's basically ignored for an entire year?

Maybe she's afraid to live up to Frank's expectations on this, but in general?  I don't know if I buy that coming from her given what we've seen.

RE:  The non ouching is apparently 'deliberate'.  But actors can always add that type of stuff in during rehearsal.  Shit is just weird.

Edit: I think she's been awful this year and not just with Burton.  The scenes with Billy lately have been ok, but nothing special imo.  I think she needs a long break from the show, but that will never happen.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Hater said:

Some are reading it as "Kelly feels pressured to live up to expectations."  Eh, I just don't agree.  For me, it reads more like you are saying...basically, "don't expect it to be the same because I do feel it is either."  I'm suppose to believe Kelly is scared to deliver a good reunion to a fanbase she's basically ignored for an entire year?

Maybe she's afraid to live up to Frank's expectations on this, but in general?  I don't know if I buy that coming from her given what we've seen.

RE:  The non ouching is apparently 'deliberate'.  But actors can always add that type of stuff in during rehearsal.  Shit is just weird.

Yeah, she couldn't give less of a fuck if Give-A-Fuck-Away. com was paying her a commission.  Every choice she's made the last year says "I'm not feeling it and I'm not going to pretend I am."

• Love 3

Yeah, not buying it. This isn’t pressure. She’s literally not trying with Steve Burton. She doesn’t even look like she wants to be standing next to him. Not only does she never acknowledge him as an actor, but she goes out of her way to portray this “relationship” between her and Miller. And I’ve watched Kelly since she arrived. This is the same actress who sat on Burton’s lap as a “joke” during a fan weekend when Kimberly McCullough (who was right next to them) came back. Kelly knows how to play things up when she wants to. She was always game to play around with the fanbases. So, her not acknowledging JaSam or those fans is very much intentional.

So, Sam, the character, is OK with cradling Drew’s face in her hands but is deliberately not touching Jason? I can’t.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

It sounds like it lines up with KM's "I just shut up and say the lines" philosophy. I don't think it's really a diss. Or a compliment. More a statement of "fucking whatever." 

It's fine if the chemistry's not the same (it was never mind blowing in the first place) but like Heatlifer said, they could try touching each other once in a while.

JJ and Becky still have fabulous chemistry 20 years later. Why couldn't he be the one to come back, damn it.

And while I tend to be a little hard on Kelly in this, in light of what Sarah Brown has said, maybe there is some type of bullshit she (Kelly) had to put up with from Steve that she doesn't want to put up with again.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

So, Sam, the character, is OK with cradling Drew’s face in her hands but is deliberately not touching Jason? I can’t.

It's apparently writer/director instructions.  Who knows? haha.

Just now, Hater said:
18 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It's apparently writer/director instructions.  Who knows? haha.

It's to build suspense, people. The yearning! The soulful looks! The heartache of not knowing what to do !

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

while I tend to be a little hard on Kelly in this, in light of what Sarah Brown has said, maybe there is some type of bullshit she (Kelly) had to put up with from Steve that she doesn't want to put up with again.

I just can’t speculate on something like that, though. 

Does anyone happen to know what interview this is from? I’d like to read it myself.

3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Does anyone happen to know what interview this is from? I’d like to read it myself.

Soap Opera Digest.  She speaks of all her pairings, except Drew and Sam. lol

In other news:

Tyler has some deep issues.

2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I mean, I don't think anything untoward was going on. Just Steve might have been an ass. I could kinda see him being judgy about her partying too. But I don't know, just trying to give some benefit of the doubt to her, because I've definitely thought she has kind of come across as ridiculous at times since SB came back.

I think it's from the latest SOD and they ask her opinion about Sam's pairings.

• Love 2

I judge Steve harsher because when it comes to power at GH, there is Steve and then everyone else. Same as it ever was. He does the bare minimum and gets paid handsomely despite having run a pyramid scheme under the behest of ABC.

• Love 16

Between Mr. Laura Wright being hired at all and whatever the hell's going on with this shit, FV is letting the actors run too much shit it seems. I don't understand how any of the actors have any influence behind the scenes honestly. They're on a soap with no budget. If they haven't left already, they are going nowhere.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's to build suspense, people. The yearning! The soulful looks! The heartache of not knowing what to do !

It's sad because that's actually what should be happening.

This is a ridiculously soapy situation and it has all the drama and intensity of watching a stranger eat crackers at a bus stop. And the pacing (for this and every other story) just makes it worse.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Between Mr. Laura Wright being hired at all and whatever the hell's going on with this shit, FV is letting the actors run too much shit it seems. I don't understand how any of the actors have any influence behind the scenes honestly. They're on a soap with no budget. If they haven't left already, they are going nowhere.

I think it's because the show is so irrelevant now and makes like, very little money for ABC that the actors and their "wants" have taken over more than usual. All I know is there has to be something going on BTS with regards to how JaSam/Drew/Sam unraveled and whatever is going on with Julexis.

11 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I think it's because the show is so irrelevant now and makes like, very little money for ABC that the actors and their "wants" have taken over more than usual. All I know is there has to be something going on BTS with regards to how JaSam/Drew/Sam unraveled and whatever is going on with Julexis.

Yeah, but shouldn't FV just be telling them to shut the hell up? It's weird.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Frank? The dude who makes decisions based on personal friendships?

But hiring LW's boyfriend?? What, was he afraid LW would walk if he didn't? He can't like her THAT much!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I mean, that goes back to Gloria Monty, really. And lord knows JFP and Guza didn't mind certain actors getting their way. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, UYI said:

I mean, that goes back to Gloria Monty, really. And lord knows JFP and Guza didn't mind certain actors getting their way. 

Yeah, but that was back when the show had a budget. And when actors had more soaps to jump ship to.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

But hiring LW's boyfriend?? What, was he afraid LW would walk if he didn't? He can't like her THAT much!

The guy keeps NB and BRS employed because he feels like it. You think LW or her boyfriend rank lower than those kids?

9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

The guy keeps NB and BRS employed because he feels like it. You think LW or her boyfriend rank lower than those kids?

Than NB? Girl u kidding? Although maybe he just thinks WR is cute.

• Love 1

@statsgirl and all: Tamara Braun did a podcast where she admitted she isn't pleased with her current story and can't find a justification as to why Kim would keep Oscar's medical condition a secret from him. Tam has a neighbor that has a child with a brain tumor and it horrified her. She went to the EP with her concerns but she isn't happy, so apparently nothing must have come from that conversation. All they told her was that "Kim wanted Oscar to live happy", which doesn't make sense. Oscar isn't five.

• Love 12

does anyone know the deal about tyler christopher (ex  nicholas cassadine on GH)  now on DOOL...it was announced that there would be a temporary replacement.. personal but no real reason was given.........a thread on soap central..someone posted that  someone close had reported (they have had info in the past that checked out)  that tyler was so drunk on set they carried him out and he went to rehab.....that part and replies are gone...has anyone heard anything??

15 minutes ago, sue450 said:

does anyone know the deal about tyler christopher (ex  nicholas cassadine on GH)  now on DOOL...it was announced that there would be a temporary replacement.. personal but no real reason was given.........a thread on soap central..someone posted that  someone close had reported (they have had info in the past that checked out)  that tyler was so drunk on set they carried him out and he went to rehab.....that part and replies are gone...has anyone heard anything??

There were rumors in 2016 about him having an addiction when he was "on leave" from GH.   Seems like it was true.

I went to the DOOL   section here and it is mentioned in a thread..that he was so drunk he was taken out on a stretcher....I wonder if this was a problem when they let him go from GH after he won the emmy...makes sense and people indicate he has had  this "problem" for years...that is very sad  hope he will be ok

On 9/20/2018 at 4:37 PM, HeatLifer said:

Yeah, not buying it. This isn’t pressure. She’s literally not trying with Steve Burton. She doesn’t even look like she wants to be standing next to him.

I generally fall into the "against tanking scenes because you don't like the pairing/story" camp, but I can see the possibility of KM getting fed up with constantly having to carry lazy-ass Burton in all their scenes.

• Love 9