Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Daytime Confidential's Top 10 Best Soap Newcomers of 2014 list:

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2014/12/15/10-best-soap-newcomers-2014/

Four GH-ers made the list.  I can get onboard with three of them, but the fourth one has to be a mistake.

I actually really like all four of the actors, although is Agent Sloane really anything more than. A glorified dayplayer? And why didn't the boat captain that Dante interrogated last week make the list? I really liked that guy.

Aren't all the GHers listed recurring? Though I guess with the way Frank budgets the show, most newbies will start out as recurring unless they're a "name."

But yeah, Agent Sloane is a glorified day player, IMO. As is Joss, really. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

When I got to the line in there about them wanting to find out why the agent is so hellbent on seeing Anna pay for what she did with Faison, it occurred to me - If he ends up being yet another Dr O/Faison spawn, so help me, show...

• Love 1

As the ballsy nurse/partner-in-crime of unstable Nina Clay (Michelle Stafford), Tolvar got to play straight man opposite one of soap opera’s best all-time comic villains in 2014.

Really, Daytime Confidential? Not just this year, but of all-friggin-time?

Also, it's Tovar, not Tolvar. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

As the ballsy nurse/partner-in-crime of unstable Nina Clay (Michelle Stafford), Tolvar got to play straight man opposite one of soap opera’s best all-time comic villains in 2014.

Really, Daytime Confidential?

Also, it's Tovar, not Tolvar.

Yeah, I had the "penultimate cosmic guffaw" at that one.

• Love 3

Kristin Alderson, is that you?

I don't think Kristen Aldeson has anything to worry about. She'll probably be here until the show gets cancelled or she willing decides to leave. And Rosalie seems like the type of character Ron will get bored with very quickly.

To be honest I like his hair in the Kirsten picture. I guess it all looks nice through my rose-colored glasses :) Well, except for one episode when he had like wavy bangs. That was weird.

• Love 2

When I got to the line in there about them wanting to find out why the agent is so hellbent on seeing Anna pay for what she did with Faison, it occurred to me - If he ends up being yet another Dr O/Faison spawn, so help me, show...

Excuse me, I'm just envisioning the most stiff-armed hug between bros Sloane and Nathan. Throw no-movement-neck Duke in there and it's deadly.

• Love 6

I don't think Kristen Aldeson has anything to worry about. She'll probably be here until the show gets cancelled or she willing decides to leave. And Rosalie seems like the type of character Ron will get bored with very quickly.

KA sure was acting shady on Twitter a few weeks ago when Michael slept with Rosalie.

And while I agree that her job is definitely secure, I think she's essentially been replaced by the Spencer actor and she knows it too.

• Love 2

SOD released its Best & Worst of 2014 issue.  Here are the categories GH "won":

Most Entertaining Show

Best Casting Coups: Donna Mills, Michelle Stafford, & Billy Miller

Saddest Twist: Gabriel's Death

Best Secret: Sonny Killed AJ

Most Preposterous Plot: Jason, Helena, & Stavors Are Alive

Best Triangle: Nathan/Maxie/Levi (WTF?)

Best Breakup: Franco & Carly

Worst Breakup: Patrick & Robin

Most Entertaining Character: Spencer

Biggest Lothario: Sonny

Best New Character: Jordan

Did SOD ask GH's PR person to write this for them? 

• Love 3

Hooper the Boat Captain and Kobe the Hitman are better than half that list. Rosalie and Jordan are effective for many reasons, pissing off Felix and Kiki being excellent ones. Though Jordan ignoring Sabrina's text bombs was awesome.

Edited by Grrpants09
  • Love 1

I swear, if I ever see this dipshit on the streets of NYC...Can I rely on anyone here for bail?

I don't have money but I'll sneak a knife in some bunt cake and a couple of mini-bottles of Kraken for Christmas.

• Love 3

Best triangle? Really?  Even if there were no other triangles in all of soaps (which, let's be real, isn't remotely the case), it would be better to just scrap the category than pretend that the Nathan/Maxie/Levi crap was anything other than week old shit. 

• Love 5

TV Guide had Michael Logan's Bests of 2014.  GH tied with B&B for Best Soap (c'mon, Logan, pick a horse and bet on it!), Anthony Geary got Best Actor, Lisa LoCiecro Best Supporting Actress.

Two select quotes:

...is paced with ballsy surprises, in-your-face performances, and superhip humor. 

I assume he was referring to Michelle Stafford's in-your-face performance during the REPENT REPENT REPENT REPENT scenes with poor Donna Mills.  And anyone who uses a word like "superhip" shouldn't make decision about things being "superhip".

But then there's this:

We hate that GH has become way too reliant on unlikeable villains and cheap theatrics.  (Seriously, enough with the masks!)
Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Only one of those is actually a serious couple right now and they're the B team (Julian and Alexis). Nathan and Maxie hardly were some major romance for most of the year.

It's obvious the mags, Logan and DC were just desperate to stand up for GH in as many ways they could despite a very rough year. It's sad - like giving sportmanship awards.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

And here's Daytime Confidential's Worst Couples of 2014 list:

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2014/12/17/10-worst-soap-couples-2014/

No. 9: Michael and Kiki, General Hospital

Brothers steal women from one another on soaps all the time, but when it comes to Kiki Jerome (Kristen Alderson), Morgan (Bryan Craig) should have sent Michael (Chad Duell) a gift basket for taking this preachy bore off his hands on General Hospital.

For once...word, Daytime Confidential!

• Love 5

I'd have said Lauren and anyone is automatically the worst couple, but DC is talking about those that have happened. So bravo, DC.

Yep, and the horrific Cancosore were at the very top.  Where they belonged.  Thank God that hellfest is over.

• Love 4

I was curious and went back and looked at last year's and all three GH couples they named Best of 2013 - Nik/Britt, Morgan/Ava, Robin/Patrick - have been pretty much destroyed beyond recognition.

And that pretty much tells you all you need to know. That no couple will be lasting and that Ron will find a way to destroy everything.

• Love 1

And that pretty much tells you all you need to know. That no couple will be lasting and that Ron will find a way to destroy everything.

There is LITERALLY no romance on this show. Hook ups, sure, but romance? No. I actually miss Guza. I said it.

• Love 4

There is LITERALLY no romance on this show. Hook ups, sure, but romance?

I mean, let's look at this year's "best couples".

Sam/Patrick?  Friendship, flirting, a make-out session, a sex dream.

Nathan/Maxie?  Spent most of the year in a torturous triangle and now are being kept apart by the most blatant and pathetic spoiler ever (that's you, Judge Naxie Spoiler).

Alexis/Julian?  Slamming sex scenes, but now stuck in an already trite rinse-repeat where Alexis dumps him, Julian seduces her, ad nauseam. 

• Love 1

There is LITERALLY no romance on this show. Hook ups, sure, but romance? No. I actually miss Guza. I said it.

I always giggle when you say this because I agree. So much.

Dante/Lulu. Mac/Felicia. Molly/TJ. Our couples, you guys.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I think he's just saying Wil de Vry blathers. But talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Will de Vry is awkward as hell but at least he's never complimented someone's acting by saying they raped that scene like a Nazi (which Nelso Branco did).

Let me guess...he said that about...Trevor St. John?