Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Kinda good news for you ev0l Liz hatahs:

REBECCA HERBST GH UPDATE: "ELIZABETH IS GOING TO DISAPPEAR FOR A LITTLE BIT"

By SOD • Posted: Mar 15, 2016

Though Rebecca Herbst is staying put as GH's Liz, the character will be taking a brief hiatus, she tells Digest. "Because this [contract] negotiation went right up to the last minute, they did have to stop writing for me for a little while. I might not even be back [taping] until the second week of April, so Elizabeth is going to disappear for a little bit on your screens. They are going to try to sprinkle me in, but outlines have already been written, so I don’t know how much they can actually put me in." She last taped on March 8, five days before her current contract expired. For the full story of her contract drama — and how it reached its happy ending — don't miss the Soap Opera Digest on sale March 25.

• Love 2

Not seeing Liez on my screen for a bit will be devastating.

I don't understand why they needed to stop writing for her, though. If BH decided not to renew wouldn't she need to keep shooting for a bit so they could write an exit story for Liez?

• Love 1

I'm so jelly. Why can't I get this with Nina, Franco, Dr. O, Valerie, Sonny, Morgan, Kiki, Nik, Hayden...

I'm naming the whole cast again, aren't I?

I mean, Dr O is barely on anymore, so there's that. And we just had a month long break from Valerie. The Kiki two week coma was nice while it lasted.

I can't help ya with the rest though.

• Love 1
I don't understand why they needed to stop writing for her, though. If BH decided not to renew wouldn't she need to keep shooting for a bit so they could write an exit story for Liez?

They probably sent her off in a vague way that could be explained whether or not she returned. 

Edited by dubbel zout

Not seeing Liez on my screen for a bit will be devastating.

I guess we're supposed to assume she and the boyezz are off on a spring break vacation or something. As long as it doesn't involve poor old Gram being forced to walk around Disney World or something, it works for me. 

• Love 2

Tequan Richmond

‏@TdashRICH Tequan

Don't know about about #GH right now but look out for my 2 movies and new series this year

Good for him!

Is it wrong I'm imagining Brydog somewhere reading this, throwing a hissy, and the almost Missus whispering 'You are SO much better than him, babe! And as soon as you win that Emmy, we are outta here! Suck on that, bitches!!'

I'm petty and shit.

• Love 10

Tequan Richmond

‏@TdashRICH Tequan

Don't know about about #GH right now but look out for my 2 movies and new series this year

Good for him!

Yea, for TR!

He is talented and TPTB never used him while he was on contract. Hell, they gave Rafe more story and freaking POV.

• Love 4

Wait, so if BH hadn't resigned, there was no real exit story in place for Liz? Yikes.

I'm probs alone in this, but I never thought they were gonna craft some sweet goodbye to Liz or a proper exit story. This situation was obviously a bit contentious and if she was considering going to a rival soap? Yeah.

• Love 3

I dunno, having a character with as much history on the show as Liz, just POOF! disappear would have been a huge mistake.

I wonder if, in this temporary exit, she and the boys head off to see Sarah or something and, if BH hadn't resigned, it would have just been revealed on-screen that she decided to stay out there or whatever.

• Love 2

I dunno, having a character with as much history on the show as Liz, just POOF! disappear would have been a huge mistake.

I wonder if, in this temporary exit, she and the boys head off to see Sarah or something and, if BH hadn't resigned, it would have just been revealed on-screen that she decided to stay out there or whatever.

Of course it would have been a mistake. But Frank doesn't care. Frank does what he wants. That much has been made clear.

• Love 3

Of course it would have been a mistake. But Frank doesn't care. Frank does what he wants. That much has been made clear.

You guys, give Frank a break!

There's only 24 hours in a day. And he's had the first promo with Michael Easton to shoot, the second promo to support, and a cake to bake for Michael's first day, and a "Welcome Back Michael" poster to draw, and a baby names book to go through to see what Michael's new character's name should be…

there just isn't time to worry about an 18 year veteran of this show.

• Love 14

Wait, so if BH hadn't resigned, there was no real exit story in place for Liz?  Yikes.

This is the same show that couldn't be arsed to give her mom a name, let alone explain why both her parents have stayed in Bosnia for almost 20 damn years. 

• Love 3

I think y'all are forgetting that Michael Easton was available to step in as Liz at any moment. It's actually why Little Jake was fired because he thought it couldn't work and it turned into this whole thing and Billy Miller got involved and KeMo had to take off her sunglasses. And Frank had to choose. Little Jake or Michael Easton.

• Love 4

This is the same show that couldn't be arsed to give her mom a name, let alone explain why both her parents have stayed in Bosnia for almost 20 damn years.

Because Richard Dean Anderson is *this* close to returning, and recasting Jeff Webber would spoil the whole thing.

- said in 1999.

And 2000.

And 2001.

And they really really meant it in 2013, for the 50th anniversary.

It'll happen any. Day. Now.

• Love 11

Tequan Richmond

‏@TdashRICH Tequan 

Good for him!

I think I found my hallelujah. Tequan giving no fucks about GH not using him, but rather than going off about people eating dogs or breaking fingers or whatever Bryan Craig does....dude keeps it classy. I hope he wins the Plastic Wrap Emmy just for the BC meltdown.
  • Love 5

I think y'all are forgetting that Michael Easton was available to step in as Liz at any moment.

That'd be one way to get Michael Easton back into story with Kelly Monaco.

"Today, the part of Elizabeth Webber will be played by Michael Easton"

Liz (in Michael Easton's voice): I could just scratch your eyes out, Sam.

• Love 9

Wait, so if BH hadn't resigned, there was no real exit story in place for Liz?  Yikes.

Are you really surprised?  And odds are high that, when fans complained about her not getting an exit story, Frank would blame BH for not working with them.  

• Love 6

I wonder if the writers will pull a bait and switch with Liz/Franco and sub in ME's new character as her potential love interest.

The possibility of avoiding Liz/Franco would be enough to make me FVfangirl over ME's return if I didn't think it would lower the possibility of a Lucky recast

I think Lucky should be on canvas whether Liz/Lucky happen or not but the OLTL IIC don't seem atall interested in having him

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

Because Richard Dean Anderson is *this* close to returning, and recasting Jeff Webber would spoil the whole thing.

- said in 1999.

And 2000.

And 2001.

And they really really meant it in 2013, for the 50th anniversary.

It'll happen any. Day. Now.

I know you're joking, but I'm legit curious if anyone has ever considered bringing RDA back to play Jeff, or even recasting him. I'm betting not, even when Rick was brought back in 2002 (because God forbid he have his brother around for support!).

Becky's husband did meet RDA once at a Starbucks, though, and said he was married to his daughter (this was in the special 50th anniversary issue People did for GH in 2013), which makes me wonder if RDA knows the show eventually gave Jeff two daughters. He probably knows by now, anyway. 

Edited by UYI

I wonder if the writers will pull a bait and switch with Liz/Franco and sub in ME's new character as her potential love interest.

The possibility of avoiding Liz/Franco would be enough to make me FVfangirl over ME's return if I didn't think it would lower the possibility of a Lucky recast

I think Lucky should be on canvas whether Liz/Lucky happen or not but the OLTL IIC don't seem atall interested in having him

What if ME is a Lucky recast? I can imagine a summer promo with that Daft Punk song with the hook "I'm here to get lucky". I will die.
  • Love 1

Becky's husband did meet RDA once at a Starbucks, though, and said he was married to his daughter 

To which he replied 'please finish making my latte.'

• Love 18

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/ghs-finola-hughes-talks-the-emotional-griffin-reveal-annas-relationships-with-andre-and-paul-scrubs-goodbye-scenes-nabbing-carlos-rivera/2016/03/16/

When you were done with the scenes with Jason, Kimberly, and Brooklyn were you a mess?  What happened when they yelled, “Cut!”?

FINOLA:   I think I turned to our executive producer Frank Valentini and said, “Stop taking people away from me!” (Laughs)  Frank just grinned, but it was rough.  It was rough for everybody.  Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth) was crying, and Tristan Rogers (Robert) too.  It was amazing.  The scenes were really well written, and we had meaningful scenes.  I think when everything comes together like that it all sort of works.  Also, it’s like this real family, and I think even Kimberly said at one point between takes while we were all sitting around together: “You are all my second family … every single one of you.”  And it’s true.  I have known her for over 30 years.  It’s crazy.   It was Kimberly’s birthday the other weekend, and we all went away to celebrate.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

• Love 8

I know you're joking, but I'm legit curious if anyone has ever considered bringing RDA back to play Jeff, or even recasting him. I'm betting not, even when Rick was brought back in 2002 (because God forbid he have his brother around for support!).

Becky's husband did meet RDA once at a Starbucks, though, and said he was married to his daughter (this was in the special 50th anniversary issue People did for GH in 2013), which makes me wonder if RDA knows the show eventually gave Jeff two daughters. He probably knows by now, anyway. 

I think RDA has been approached a few times about a cameo return, but he's always turned them down. I think Ron put him on his wish list for the 50th anniversary.

I think they've held off re-casting because, of the few times TPTB have thought of it, they decided against it because of the slight hope that RDA would return e cameo.

But I don't think it's on their minds hardly ever at all.