Type keyword(s) to search

The Prodigal Show Returns: Revival Wish Lists and Predictions

• Start Topic

I thought it might be fun to have a place to discuss out hopes/dream outcomes for the revival without getting (too) into the likelihood of them happening or being hindered by spoilers!

My biggest hope is that the ending is different. I want ASP's ending for these characters to be different enough to justify the revival. If it ends with Rory single and starting a new phase in her career, Lorelai starting something new/a new phase with Luke...I'm gonna be pretty disappointed. I've been living with the season 7 ending for 9 years and I've come to terms with it. If they bring these characters back just to make me sad about Richard and then they all end up in very similar places, what's the point?

Similar to you, I have mixed feelings about Rory being single at the end of the revival, or reunited with any of her old flames. One of the overarching messages of the series as a whole was that Rory and Lorelai weren't quite as alike as either of them thought at first, and while happy singledom might suit independent, nontraditional Lorelai or any number of fictional or real-life people, it might not suit adult Rory, who (imo) is less suited to forging her own path than her mother was. I can't believe I'm typing this, but I guess I'd like to see Rory overcome her mommy and daddy issues and realize that the more traditional "whole package" isn't so bad and is something she wants. And not because it's a TV trope, just because it seems in character for her. I'm fine with her being single at her college graduation, but I would be a little disappointed with a perpetually single 30-something Rory reenacting Lorelai's or Christopher's commitment problems without really thinking about why she's doing it. I'm ok with her being single in her early 30s if she's NOT too Lorelai-like about it. 

Edited by moonb
  • Love 2

And not because it's a TV trope, just because it seems in character for her. I'm fine with her being single at her college graduation, but I would be a little disappointed with a perpetually single 30-something Rory reenacting Lorelai's or Christopher's commitment problems without really thinking about why she's doing it. I'm ok with her being single in her early 30s if she's NOT too Lorelai-like about it. 

I agree. If she ends up single it needs to be because she is choosing to be single and because marriage/family isn't really something she wants. If she is in the same cycle as her mother, I'll be pretty disappointed. 

My other wish is that one of the boyfriends is in a relationship/married. I just don't want them all to be "prospects" for her, because that's a little insane.

• Love 4

My other wish is that one of the boyfriends is in a relationship/married. I just don't want them all to be "prospects" for her, because that's a little insane.

Well that only works if Rory now sees men who are married/in a relationship as out of bounds.

• Love 3

Is Rory throwing aside her big city job along with her big city boyfriend, and returning to SH for good, maybe to write a book? If so, Logan is unlikely to be the endgame. He never had much to do with SH, and although in RL SH would have a sizable contingent of wealthy NYC commuters and weekend home people, in the GGverse it seems more self-enclosed and small town-ish -- not a place in which Logan would want to settle down.

If, on the other hand, SH is just a temporary stop for Rory, a place to lick her wounds before heading out again, replenished, to once more face the world, then Logan as endgame becomes more viable.

Well that only works if Rory now sees men who are married/in a relationship as out of bounds.

See my wish is the opening scene is of Miss Patty then Rory reading page six.

Rory: You accidentally kiss one man who is married, well actually separated.

Lorelai: Now there's a distinction without an difference.

Rory: But one time I mean......

Lorelai: There was Dean, a youthful indiscretion, but Dean and you.

Rory: But they write about me like I was Elizabeth Taylor or Angelina Jolie.

Lorelai: Come on now sister, you are beautiful and all that. But I think they clearly compared you to a nanny for a Hollywood "it" couple.

Rory: Yeah, not even a movie star hussy.

Lorelai: Hah. Even with a Yale masters degree, my Rory just a plain old hussy.......

Of course we have to have Finn and Colin checking out Lorelai's butt in jeans. And repeating my favorite.

So I was talking to my (also GG-obsessed) friends and I came up with some of my ultimate revival wish-list items:

• Seeing the Stars Hollow Winter Carnival again
  • Michel's crazy diet
  • Taylor in his sweater
  • A Friday Night Dinner
  • Rory and Paris are still good friends
  • Paris is on her way to world domination
  • One of Rory's exes is married/in a relationship
  • Rory doesn't live too close to Stars Hollow--I hope she's branched out and is somewhere like New York
  • A town meeting
  • Hep Alien!
  • Love 1

Even with a Yale masters degree, my Rory just a plain old hussy

Oh, please. Let's not have her at graduate school at Yale. It was ludicrous enough her being Phi Beta Kappa with her time as an undergraduate there. How about she goes to Columbia to get her Master's in Journalism because she thinks her career is flatlining?

Is Rory throwing aside her big city job along with her big city boyfriend, and returning to SH for good, maybe to write a book?

Bingo! That indeed might happen. 

My other wish is that one of the boyfriends is in a relationship/married.

I still think that might be Logan. Or Dean. 

I'm probably in the minority but I was happy with how the series ended. Still, I'm really excited about the revival. My number one wish is for Rory and Jess to end up together. Yes, I know Jess was a jerk while they were together, and there are several reasons why them getting back together would actually be kind of terrible, but what can I say...the heart wants what it wants.

• Love 1

I'm probably in the minority but I was happy with how the series ended. Still, I'm really excited about the revival. My number one wish is for Rory and Jess to end up together. Yes, I know Jess was a jerk while they were together, and there are several reasons why them getting back together would actually be kind of terrible, but what can I say...the heart wants what it wants.

Bwahaha...and I think my number 1 wish is for Jess and Rory to NOT be together. I honestly don't envy Amy and Dan, because no matter what they do when it comes to Rory's romantic life, they're gonna have a lot of upset people. They really can't win.

• Love 4

What might be interesting is seeing Rory go through the struggle, appropriate at age thirtyish, of how she didn't become Christiane Amanpour, nor is she married or even maybe in a permanent relationship. I think there's a lot of good show potential in her deciding for herself what's right for her, and probably rejecting huge pieces of Lorelai's and Emily's life choices.

After she's done some of that work I can see a life partner falling into place for her. Old boyfriend, new guy, doesn't matter to me. I don't see her as gay, though.

• Love 1
  • Rory doesn't live too close to Stars Hollow--I hope she's branched out and is somewhere like New York

I really wouldn't mind Rory living somewhere smaller. I've read a lot of articles about how it's become more and more popular for Rory's generation to choose to live in small cities/big towns. So they can have a nice affordable house, an urban lifestyle and a short commute. I'm not sure it fits with the Rory we saw in the series but she changed drastically in college and could easily change again in the last 9 years. The career path she has chosen is a dying one and she has most likely received Trix's trustfund of $250k. So she could have bought herself a house/apartment in a small urban area and devoted herself to her writing in a way that someone with crippling rent/mortgage repayments couldn't.

Edited by AllyB

I really wouldn't mind Rory living somewhere smaller. I've read a lot of articles about how it's become more and more popular for Rory's generation to choose to live in small cities/big towns. So they can have a nice affordable house, an urban lifestyle and a short commute. I'm not sure it fits with the Rory we saw in the series but she changed drastically in college and could easily change again in the last 9 years. The career path she has chosen is a dying one and she has most likely received Trix's trustfund of $250k. So she could have bought herself a house/apartment in a small urban area and devoted herself to her writing in a way that someone with crippling rent/mortgage repayments couldn't.

Yeah, I don't need Rory to live in a huge city (I just said New York because of it's proximity to Connecticut). But I'd be pretty disappointed if she was still in Stars Hollow specifically--it always seemed like Rory wanted to branch out. The whole series we heard about how Rory wanted to travel and report and "set the world on fire". I don't need Rory achieving every dream she ever had, but it would be awesome if she were working on it.

Also...I wouldn't hate it if she abandoned the idea of working for a major daily. I'd love it if she moved to television, working for CNN or MSNBC or if she was writing for Slate, Politico or Vox or something similar. She could even write for Vanity Fair or New York Magazine. I don't know, but with the way journalism is changing I think it would be interesting if Rory set her sights on a different medium.

Honestly I just want it to be fucking funny and heartwarming and quirky yet believable. I mean, ASP and co *can* do that so why not. The various romantic stuff was never why I tuned in.

I also can't help but think this will prove unnecessary and self-indulgent, like some of the revivals of other shows have been. It really ended on a fine note in season 7.

• Love 4

Great thread! There's a pretty wide gap between what I wish for and what I think we're likely to get, but it's fun to fantasize and speculate :) 

My personal wishes:

1) Luke and Lorelai have mutually realized the just don't have much compatibility, connection, communication, chemistry etc. as a romantic couple and have rebuilt a wonderful friendship. Both have found happiness single and/or with someone else. 

Since I know that's impossible, though, I'll happily settle for showing L/L as a couple who genuinely loves (or even really likes!) and actually gets each other. I know that stories are driven by conflict, but I'd rather the two of them battle external obstacles rather than more internal dysfunction and doubts about their relationship, which I saw enough of to last a lifetime :) 

2) I'd love to see far more focus on the family relationships, careers, general issues about where they are in life etc. than on anyone's romantic life. Honestly, I just don't think AS-P does romance well. In fact, I think she's pretty lousy at it. 

Since obviously romantic issues will play some part in this revival, though, I'll just hope for a minimum of angst and no dreaded love triangles! 

3)  Logan has continued maturing and tapping into his strengths. He parties less, is a bit humbled while still exuberant and enthusiastic, and has carved out a satisfying life for himself that allows him emotional and financial independence from his family. He's grown out of the loathsome Colin and has more endearingly 'geeky' friends and a significant other who we wouldn't have expected him to click with but whom he adores.  

4) I don't care about April and hope she doesn't take up much screen time. 

5) I care about Liz, TJ, and the non-Logan members of The Life and Death Brigade even less and hope we don't have to see them at all. I just CAN'T with them. :)

6) The characters have clearly grown without growing right out of the characteristics that made them distinct in the first place. 

7) We get a ton of witty dialogue and sly pop culture references. IMO, that's what AS-P does best :) 

8) We get a lot of Paris/Rory. Their dynamic was always one of the most interesting and enjoyable aspects of the show for me. 

9) Lane is somehow back with Dave Rygalski. Zack is alive but not in SH or on my screen. Yeah, I know...so very NOT likely, but a girl can dream, especially in a wish list thread :) 

10) Emily finds ways to cope with Richard's death that DON'T involve a new love interest. 

11) The relationship between Lorelai and Emily, while not unrealistically idyllic and still amusingly and relatably flawed, has finally made clear progress beyond the usual 'one step forward, four steps back' dance of dysfunction that got pretty exhausting to watch. Progress that lasts for longer than half of one episode! 

12) Christopher is concerned only with his relationship with Rory and is completely over Lorelai. I like Christopher (VERY UO, I realize!) and would like to see a few quality scenes between him and Rory where he acknowledges past mistakes and shows he's grown. 

13) Luke can be his surly self, but I'd love it if they toned down the anger, bitterness, jealousy, boorishness, relentless and depressing negativity etc. And he can take a little evident pleasure in a couple of aspects of life without seeming too 'out of character', ASP---please give it a try! 

14) Lorelai is still very much HER but a little more mature and a little less apt to launch into those endlessly long "bits" that have me reaching for my mute button ;) 

15) I don't need or want an overly sentimental sap fest, but I'd love to see a lot more joy, charm and wit than angst. 

16) AS-P is less concerned with awkwardly wedging in every single freaking minor character we ever met and more focused on giving high quality material to the core characters we're tuning in to see. (The spoilers make me a bit wary on this particular point!) 

17) I think Jess and Rory have a special chemistry and connection, but I'm kind of torn as to whether I'd want them to reunite. I do know that the idea of all of Rory's exes still pining for her after all these years is ludicrous to me and hope AS-P handles that aspect of the revival better than I'm expecting her to :) 

18) If Jess/Rory aren't endgame, I hope AS-P gives us my all time favorite crackship...Jess/Paris! Yes, I do realize I'm the only person on the entire planet who would want to see this :) 

19) AS-P studies the best of S1-S4 and finally, FINALLY acknowledges her mistakes in S5 and S6. I don't need her to admit them out loud, just to make sure those same troublesome tendencies don't creep into the revival, please :) 

Needless to say, all of the above is just my opinion! 

• Love 3

My biggest wish is for everybody to be happy at the beginning and the end.  I know there has to be Drah-mah for story purposes, but generally I want to see everyone get a happy "ending", even the people I don't like.

Case in point, I'd like Dean to be in a good marriage with a couple of kids, happily living small-town life.  I want him to be totally over Rory (and Lindsey) and not bitter about any of it at all.

For Jess and Logan, I'd like them to both be in good places professionally.  I'm fine with them being single - and I think they will  be single, because triangle! - but I don't want to get the impression that either of them has been going to sleep every night with a picture of Rory under his pillow.  I can believe that either/both could meet back up with Rory and take up where they left off, but eight years is a long time for someone in their 20s.

What I would absolutely LOVE to see is that Logan and Jess have interacted in the last eight years and buried the hatchet.  Outside of their pissiness over Rory, I think they actually have a lot in common, especially intellectually.  Logan went off to do something in tech, right, and of course his family background was in publishing?  Maybe he got in on the ground floor of the electronic publishing boom.  And when we last saw Jess he was writing and working with a small press, so I can see him getting involved with electronic self-publishing.  Maybe their paths crossed professionally and they worked out their issues.

I can see a scene at Richard's memorial/Yale building dedication/whatever where Rory is talking to one, the other walks up, and Rory of course thinks they're going to start up again, because eight years later, it's still All. About. Her.  But they greet each other with a handshake and start catching up, while Rory stands there gaping.  lol 

I don't care if Luke and Lorelai are married, living together, happily coupled up while maintaining separate residences, or just good friends.  But I want the show to open with them in a steady place, and basically stay that course through the four episodes.  The idea that two people with their ages, history, and temperaments would still be will-they/won't-they-ing eight years later makes me CRAZY.  Adding in the seven years of the show, they would have been circling each other for half of Rory's life.  Fish or cut bait!

I want to see Rory on a new career path, one that actually fits her, because IMO she was never going to be the next Christiane Amanpour.  (I can see her doing features, but not hard news.)  Maybe she's starting her own magazine, or writing a novel, or running a successful travel blog.

My other devout wish is that Emily and Lorelai finally make peace.  And not a begrudging "we'll get along for Rory" peace, but a real resolution of their issues.  I'd like to see them both admit their mistakes, of which they each have many, while understanding why the other made the choices they did.

• Love 3

19) AS-P studies the best of S1-S4 and finally, FINALLY acknowledges her mistakes in S5 and S6. I don't need her to admit them out loud, just to make sure those same troublesome tendencies don't creep into the revival, please :) 

This!  It started with the way she conveniently broke up Jason and Lorelai so that she could say "I'm not taken" when Luke finally decided to step it up and take what he wanted.  Everything after that was cursed with the Moonlighting/Who's The Boss curse -- once the lead couple gives in to their sexual chemistry, the show is basically over.  So we had the first breakup, then the second breakup, basically the mistakes of S5 and S6.  

• Love 1
My other devout wish is that Emily and Lorelai finally make peace.  And not a begrudging "we'll get along for Rory" peace, but a real resolution of their issues.  I'd like to see them both admit their mistakes, of which they each have many, while understanding why the other made the choices they did.

I would even settle for the two of them learning to fight as adults, without that 30-year-old teen pregnancy coming up in every big conflict. I would like to see both of them finally let that go. As long as we're dreaming :)

Edited by moonb
  • Love 4

He's grown out of the loathsome Colin and has more endearingly 'geeky' friends and a significant other who we wouldn't have expected him to click with but whom he adores.

This would be wonderful. I never really disliked Logan, but I did dislike his friends and his immaturity in the 5th and 6th seasons. I would really like seeing him with a significant other, however, I do believe that he and Rory never got over each other and are still connected. I just hope it doesn't lead to a wedding. I am not opposed to Rory being single. 

• Love 1

I want all three of Rory's exes to be productive, successful members of society that haven't spent the past ten years pining after Rory, paragon of virtue. It would be even better, imo, if all three are happily partnered off and not options for Rory. Especially Jess;  It would be fun to see him in a hipstery relationship raising hipster kids.

I agree that the best story for Rory in this revival would be for her to be floundering in her life/career and deciding what, if any, changes she should make. I think it would be particularly fitting if she decided Journalism, at least the old school kind, isn't for her.

Luke and Lorelai--if they are together, let them be together. I hope ASP writes them as some kind of loving, stable couple and I hope Lauren and Scott can throw themselves in to portraying a couple that has chemistry and a connection.  No stupid miscommunication, lack of communication, or petty jealousy.

I want a lot of Emily. Kelly Bishop has plenty of material to work with and I know she can kill it. I want her to grow closer to Lorelai and for them to bond on a different level. It would also be cool if Luke and her maybe forged some kind of understanding. I'm hoping Kelly might finally get the emmy nod she's been deserving.

• Love 1

This is my first time coming back to a forum to chat with the online Gilmore Girls' community since this revival became a thing. I'm so excited! I discovered GG shortly after it left the air, so I watched it through DVD's, then discovered online forums to debrief. It's neat to have folks now to discuss speculation, reaction with in real time.

So, I'll probably try to stay away from the spoiler thread. I'm guessing it includes things like which actors have committed, which I am curious about. Is the revival a definite thing now? Where do you get the latest news on this anyways?

Okay...on topic...wishes...nothing earth shattering here...

**I just want to see the characters and Stars Hollow again. I miss them so.

**Java Junkie here...want to see Luke and Lorelai married and stable...storyline not focused on any conflict between them.

**It didn't even occur to me until I saw it up thread that we might get to see Michel again. Yes, please! Also agree that LOTS of Emily would be nice.

**I'd be okay with not seeing Jess, Dean or Logan. Well, Jess would be okay if it's a scene with Luke...love those two together. But I'd only be really disappointed if Rory was with Dean.

**I'm hoping there isn't this, "we have to shoehorn a moment with this character in here" feel to it...you know, if Paris, for example, just needs to be worked in in an awkward way just to let us see her again. Hope it's as natural as possible.

Edited to add....I just found the revival, no spoiler thread....eating it up!

How could I forget this wish.....those last four words ASP had planned for the series! (Or was it three?)

Edited by cantbeflapped

I thought of another wish....Taylor. Even though he was never a favorite or anything, it's really important to me that he's there. Stars Hollow just wouldn't be the same without him. I'll keep checking the revival news thread and hoping....

cantbeflapped, Taylor will be there. Michael Winters was on the Gilmore Guys podcast yesterday.

Even saying that Taylor hasn't changed one bit in the last 7 years. He's still doing what he does. 

I was thinking about what I want in terms of "the boyfriends"...and I think I'll be (mostly) happy as long as their development isn't ignored. I basically don't care what they do with Dean, but I hope Jess is still writing and I hope Logan didn't become some miniature version of his father. 

I also have no desire whatsoever to see a romantic plot for Emily. I don't want that at all. It'll still be too soon imo and, for me as a viewer, so sad and painful to watch knowing that it's the product of a very real loss.

• Love 1

I was thinking about what I want in terms of "the boyfriends"...and I think I'll be (mostly) happy as long as their development isn't ignored. I basically don't care what they do with Dean, but I hope Jess is still writing and I hope Logan didn't become some miniature version of his father.

I also have no desire whatsoever to see a romantic plot for Emily. I don't want that at all. It'll still be too soon imo and, for me

as a viewer, so sad and painful to watch knowing that it's the product of a very real loss.

I don't want a romantic plot for Emily either, but it's been over a year since Ed Herrmann died. That's not too soon IMO.

I don't want a romantic plot for Emily either, but it's been over a year since Ed Herrmann died. That's not too soon IMO.

I meant too soon for Emily. Slight spoiler but

it'll be 4 months since Richard passed when the revival starts

I meant too soon for Emily. Slight spoiler but

it'll be 4 months since Richard passed when the revival starts

I read the spoiler thread, but I missed that bit of info.

Even so, everyone grieves at different paces. I've heard of people who were in good marriages moving on really quickly.

I'd be satisfied if Emily would take a few tips from Lorelai on how to live a single life.

At the end of S7, she was starting a push for Lorelai to open a spa. Again with the telling rather than helping, even attaching money to the idea.

I read the spoiler thread, but I missed that bit of info.

Even so, everyone grieves at different paces. I've heard of people who were in good marriages moving on really quickly.

Eh, I don't know. You're not supposed to make any big decision or life change for (at least) a year after a loss like that (fittingly, until you've experienced all the seasons of your emotions). Plus, Emily didn't handle dating well when Richard was alive--I think it would be pretty out of character for her to jump into dating.

• Love 1

Eh, I don't know. You're not supposed to make any big decision or life change for (at least) a year after a loss like that (fittingly, until you've experienced all the seasons of your emotions). Plus, Emily didn't handle dating well when Richard was alive--I think it would be pretty out of character for her to jump into dating.

I think often when someone is widowed later in life after a very long marriage, the guys remarry right away because they can't take care of themselves, and the girls don't want to remarry because they're intoxicated with the freedom of not having to take care of anyone but themselves.

I do think Emily wouldn't be eager to jump into dating, although I doubt it would have anything to do with Emily enjoying her newfound freedom.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 4

My wish list:

Luke and Lorelai are married and happy. They have dinner every Friday with Emily. Emily likes Luke but will never let him or Lorelai know it.

Rory works in politics and has been living in Washington DC. She is single because she spent a lot of time traveling and concentrating on her career, but now that she is in her early thirties, she is ready to settle down, get married and start another new (quieter) career.

Logan is married and totally over Rory. He's rich and enjoying the wealthy lifestyle but isn't a snot about it.

Dean is married and has a bunch of kids and lives in Stars Hollow. He loves his wife, kids and life. He and his wife have a lot in common (unlike he and Rory).

Paris is happily married to Doyle. They have 4 kids and Doyle is a stay-at-home father.

Jess is single but has been in many long-term relationships (just like Rory). He writes novels. Some of his books are critically acclaimed - most are not. None of his books are best-sellers. He's grown into a really cool person. He and Rory have remained friends and have exchanged Christmas cards and the occasional email. They become better friends and eventually fall in love again and get married.

• Love 2

One thing I'd like them to explain to us is why Michel has such animosity for Luke. I can't recall that he ever had a civilized word for him, but don't know where it came from. It was there AFAIK before LL relationship, so it's not likely to be jealousy.

Maybe Michel has a secret wish to dress in flannel?

One thing I'd like them to explain to us is why Michel has such animosity for Luke. I can't recall that he ever had a civilized word for him, but don't know where it came from. It was there AFAIK before LL relationship, so it's not likely to be jealousy.

Maybe Michel has a secret wish to dress in flannel?

He's pretty much like that with everyone though so I think it's just him.

• Love 4

Vanessa Marano was talking with Variety on the red carpet and she said much of April's life is discussed with family members at the dinner table...which brings me to a big hope of mine: that April is a lesbian. I really think that would be 1) a good way to bring some LGBT representation to the show and 2) fitting with April's character. 

1) Dean moved back to Chicago and he's single because women in 2016 know better than to put up with his shit. 

Alternatively, he's learned not to throw a tantrum everytime he doesn't get his way, but I don't know how they'd portray that.

2) Lane and Zack are divorced. She has a successful career in the music industry that doesn't involve actually being a musican because nope. We don't see Zack.

3) Sookie stopped hating Jackson and they're happy and cute together again.

4) Logan is:  

married and totally over Rory. He's rich and enjoying the wealthy lifestyle but isn't a snot about it.

5) Jess is a successful writer and publisher. He and Lorelai make up at some point in the revival.

6) Emily and Lorelai have a better relationship. Lorelai learned to ask her mother for help and Emily doesn't feel the need to loan Lorelai money in order to be part of her daughter's life anymore. They still bicker but it's  good natured. 

7) April has been integrated in the Gilmore family and has a relationship with all the Gilmore ladies.

8) By the end of the revival Rory settles down in NY with Jess. They talk about the hot mess that was S3 and somehow make sense of it. Rory finds peace with her life not turning out exactly how she wanted and finds new things to strive for.

9) Chris is back to his S1 - S2 likable self and doesn't say things like "loaded".

10) Lorelai ends up with Dean and Rory has an epiphany that Dean was really an asshole and the reason her mother liked him so much wasn't because he was great but because she wanted him for herself.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 3
10) Lorelai ends with Dean and Rory has an epiphany that Dean was really an asshole and the reason her mother liked him so much wasn't because he was great but because she wanted him for herself.

Ha!  I always did think that Lorelai was such a strong Dean supporter because she wished she could date him.  That would be kind of awesome if in the revival, Dean and Lorelai were a couple.  Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson! 

• Love 1

Ha!  I always did think that Lorelai was such a strong Dean supporter because she wished she could date him.  That would be kind of awesome if in the revival, Dean and Lorelai were a couple.  Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson! 

Boy howdy, I never saw any of that. It never even occurred to me until I read it here. So no, just never saw it and don't think it's a possibility.

• Love 1

I entirely agree they would never go there, but it would be kind of a dramatic plot point, no?

Wow, would that ever throw a wrench in the Dean and Luke relationship in early S6.

Dean confronts Luke like he did, then starts hanging around Lorelai. Seeing as she overly liked Dean when he was her daughter's boyfriend, she'd probably be equally clueless but flattered when he starts paying attention to her again.

It would be like the Jess Dean Rory triangle all over again, just leveled up one generation.

• Love 3

*Shallow alert*

I hope Logan is a successful businessman, if only so Matt Czuchry can wear some of his "Cary Agos" wardrobe.  He really knows how to wear a bespoke suit.  (Plus, I always thought Logan's clothes were so schlumpy for someone his age who had as much money as he had.) 

• Love 4

*Shallow alert*

I hope Logan is a successful businessman, if only so Matt Czuchry can wear some of his "Cary Agos" wardrobe.  He really knows how to wear a bespoke suit.  (Plus, I always thought Logan's clothes were so schlumpy for someone his age who had as much money as he had.) 

For real. A Logan-type irl would have way better clothes. For me the biggest is his suit at Rory's 21st birthday party--the sleeves are too long! It's not tailored! 

I second this wish list item. Get him in some fabulous suits. Honestly, get any of the male characters into a dope wardrobe with great suits and ties. 

• Love 3