Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

An endorsement by Michelle is pretty impressive. 

haha sort of...last year most of Michelle's girls made it to TC (Kaleigh, Colby, Taylor) but only Kat made the team. Hopefully this girl can really pull it out and be awesome! It would be wonderful to have more diversity on the squad again...

• Love 1

I looked on the dccprep hashtag on instagram and found this girl Fallon Marie Decker who's trying out. I'm not sure if that's who you guys linked to last page (can't see instagram on my work computer) but she's not that good.

Yeah, she was linked a few pages ago...I remember because her name is so unusual lol  I wish her luck because she seems sweet and harmless but she just doesn't have the look or style.  (at least from what we can see on videos) 

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:47 AM, LaurenBrook said:

I have seen a few others besides those two girls from the same team but honestly they all kind of look the same so I have a hard time knowing if they've already been mentioned here.  

I do think the two girls from the same team (Carly and Cristi?) are super pretty, especially Cristi, and at least good enough dancers that I hope they make it to finals. 

I know someone mentioned Jenny before too but I think she is just stunning: 

https://www.instagram.com/jenny.smith9/?hl=en

Is the girl with her in the first picture also trying out? I couldn't tell for sure from caption...

She definitely has the look of a DCC and also looks very "mature".  She reminds me of the women who are on Rich Housewives of (somewhere).  Maybe it was just that dance but I wasn't wowed by her style or her performance...

(edited)
16 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

She definitely has the look of a DCC and also looks very "mature".  She reminds me of the women who are on Rich Housewives of (somewhere).  Maybe it was just that dance but I wasn't wowed by her style or her performance...

Yeah...not sure I'm sold on her dancing/style (the girl next to her had much better facials) either! 

ETA: going through her IG to last year, I didn't realize she tried out for Texans last year too and didn't make it.  She said at the end of DCC tryouts last year that she now knew what to expect and would be better prepared this time...hopefully she is! 

Edited by LaurenBrook
5 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

haha sort of...last year most of Michelle's girls made it to TC (Kaleigh, Colby, Taylor) but only Kat made the team. Hopefully this girl can really pull it out and be awesome! It would be wonderful to have more diversity on the squad again...

Totally!!  Wow - I can't imagine moving all the way from Japan just to try out for DCC ... and then potentially not make it.

I wonder how these girls even know about DCC ... same thing as Jinelle who moved from AUS just to try out.  I guess if you're not working or don't have a career and are maybe in your gap year, it wouldn't cause too much disturbance in your life to do that. 

Something about Shelbi annoys me .. she just seemed so desperate and she couldn't remember the dances

It would be funny if she knew Yoshiko Danjo! I bet if this new Japanese girl doesn't make the team she will try out for another pro team...she was in a clip on Michelle's page a few weeks back fora  different dance and WAS pretty good. I would love to see her make it to camp! 

Totally!!  Wow - I can't imagine moving all the way from Japan just to try out for DCC ... and then potentially not make it.

That's a thing in Japan. They have a professional football league there, and every year, a bunch of girls from that league come to the US and travel from one NFL cheerleader audition to another until they make a team or run out of auditions to go to. They seem to have better luck on teams like the Colts and the Jaguars.

I hope this girl can speak English really well. If she can, and she's a great dancer, Kelli will love her.

I wonder how these girls even know about DCC ... same thing as Jinelle who moved from AUS just to try out. 

I don't know about Jinelle, but the director of Angela's team in australia is a huge DCC fan. She copies a lot of the stuff the DCC do, including those pink polka dot dresses they used to wear for the BCA performance.

She's pretty but I dont think she has the DCC look at all. She reminds me of Karen.  

Jay Johnson has a lot of clips of girls who are auditioning working out but doesn't tag anybody (though he mentions Yoko in one caption) 

40 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

She's pretty but I dont think she has the DCC look at all. She reminds me of Karen.  

Jay Johnson has a lot of clips of girls who are auditioning working out but doesn't tag anybody (though he mentions Yoko in one caption) 

Yeah I agree. .. she reminds me of Karen too - "a girl amongst women" I believe is how Judy phrased it.  This girl Jenny is cute but doesn't have the face or the body of a DCC ... she seems like a young child to be honest and lacks the wow factor.  I also don't like her dance style - I feel like her arms and hands are all over the place... very noodle-like, almost as if she doesn't know where to place them

3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Wasn't Angela's director a previous DCC? Or am I thinking of the Flight Crew director...maybe that who I am thinking of.  

Jets Flight Crew DIrector Denise Garvey was a DCC for one season.

• Love 1
(edited)

Doesn't look like Sam's gonna audition this yr.

I asked Sam Finglass if she was trying out this year ... needless to say, no response.  I think Kelli (smartly and rightly so) taught her to not engage with 'strangers" on social media platforms

Samantha Finglass ‏@samfinglass  17m17 minutes ago
It's a sad day when you realize you'll only be able to go to 3 cowboys games next season because college :,)

Edited by DCCFanInKy
18 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Doesn't look like Sam's gonna audition this yr.

Thanks for letting us know!  As lame as it sounds, I've been following her college-related tweets.  I'm super curious where she ends up ... don't know why because it's not like I have a vested interest.  Maybe because I'm just so surprised that she's THAT smart or that she's done the unique and impressive extracurricular activities that many of the accepted applicants have done (e.g., started a school in small village in Africa, interned at Google and received offer, founded a tech start-up, be the President's daughter, etc).  Not to sound mean ... I just didn't have that perception

Anyways, eager to see where she ends up!

I thought she did know where she was going to college? Wasn't there a big discussion about it on one of the boards here, about how it wasn't ivy league, etc? 

Michelle Keys just posted a clip of a girl trying out...she is pretty good! 

Lots of energy, anyway!

I don't think she's that great??? but if Michelle says so then I assume she's good lol

Hmmm. Short clip. Legs a little low on her fouettés. Then into a split. Very Dance Moms tricky. Reminds me of Melissa. Hard to tell much else. 

I hate to sound so mean, but these girls just aren't impressing me the way some of them have in recent years - so many competition tricks. Where's another Erica, Olivia, Samantha, Whitney Ott, or even the showmanship of Nicole Hamilton, Whitney I, Holly A, Mia, Jacie, etc. 

• Love 1

I think Kelsey L was working on her solo with Michelle, she posted an insta pic of her leaps and split. 

I imagine a lot of these girls lean towards what people here call 'dance mom solos' because it DOES showcase things you are really good at in a short amount of time. Leaps, turns, flexibility, power/projection...and I SOOOOO wish we could see the solos from auditions in their entirety, or at least some of them! Sorry, but the clips we saw last year of the vets was not impressive to me at all. Most of them looked like a bunch of moving from one trick to another. Erica published her entire dance so we were able to see there was a lot more to it than that. 

I say all this as someone who can barely do one turn ;) 

(edited)

I wish we could see the finalists' entire solos too, LaurenBrook. But I suppose it isn't feasible, as that would require getting air rights to all the solo performance music, and that would be incredibly expensive.

Where is Erica's dance? Is it on YouTube, and under what name...?

Edited by Kaedee
3 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

I wish we could see the finalists' entire solos too, LaurenBrook. But I suppose it isn't feasible, as that would require getting air rights to all the solo performance music, and that would be incredibly expensive.

I think Erica put it on her instagram last year. It's in 3 parts I'm pretty sure.

7 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

It's all on her IG (I think it took her five or six posts because of length) from last May or June, but someone also posted a whole clip of it from Friends and Family event on one of the boards (maybe the media one?), just a week or so ago. 

Or at least I wish they'd show the ones who win the DCC barbies!! 

31 minutes ago, Kaedee said:

She turns great, and Judy said if you're a great turner - then do that.

She's got a Melissa body. :)

Yeah - she does have really nice turns and I also like the whole turn into splits ... very Melissa.  She's a bit stumpy though - with Melissa-like body but shorter and a bit softer.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

Shouldn't she know by now where she's going?

She's graduating this year right?  Yes she should but I don't think she's said yet... according to Kelli she has choices near and far and from coast to coast so it sounds like she hasn't decided yet.  Maybe they want to keep it private?  Bummer

(edited)

I thought she did know where she was going to college? Wasn't there a big discussion about it on one of the boards here, about how it wasn't ivy league, etc? 

Based on this, she's going to Texas A&M, which is closer to Houston than to Dallas. It would be hysterical if she turned up at auditions for the houston team next year. Not that she'd have a chance. That team team seems to be all about the glam beauties, not the girl next door. At any rate, there is NO chance she'll be at DCC auditions this year.

Edited by sleepyjean
47 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Based on this, she's going to Texas A&M, which is closer to Houston than to Dallas. It would be hysterical if she turned up at auditions for the houston team next year. Not that he's have a chance. That team team seems to be all about the glam beauties, not the girl next door. At any rate, there is NO chance she'll be at DCC auditions this year.

Interesting!  What's aggieland?

Is Duke near A&M?  Just thinking that's a prestigious "brand-name" school and maybe they're rooming together because it's within proximity of both schools

Weird - wondering why Keli would say that she hasn't decided yet and still has choices coast to coast

Duke is in North Carolina, so it's nowhere near Texas.  Did Sam mention possibly going to Duke, or was it one of her friends?

The girl in the video above can certainly turn (yes, she very much like Melissa in both turning ability and build), but the thing about that is that unless you are talking about a show group routine or your solo, the DCC do not really need to turn beyond one or two pirouettes.  They are dancing in boots on a football field and there is no need at all for endless el seconde or fouetté turns - they actually need power dancers like Nicole Hamilton, or at least someone who can do pretty kicking.

(edited)
5 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Interesting!  What's aggieland?

Texas A&M sports teams (at least the sports teams) are called the Aggies. So Aggieland would be Texas A&M itself.

Sorry if that's already been said, I didn't see the reply if it was.

Edited by SanLynn
1 hour ago, LouLou76 said:

Another endorsement for Yuko from Japan!

She really is beautiful!! I wish we could see more of her dancing - I could only find this older clip from one of MIchelle's classes and it's not anything too difficult/detailed: 

SMU, TCU, and Baylor are some of the biggest schools in texas. You see a lot of DCC cheerleader hopefuls come from SMU or TCU though.

2 hours ago, LouLou76 said:

Another endorsement for Yuko from Japan!

She is very pretty!  I have to say though I find Kitty's comments a bit offensive/annoying (although I'm sure she didn't mean for it to be)

30 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

She is very pretty!  I have to say though I find Kitty's comments a bit offensive/annoying (although I'm sure she didn't mean for it to be)

Yeah I kind of cringed at that too. 

But wow she's pretty. I hope they profile her a bit on the show. 

9 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Yeah I kind of cringed at that too. 

But wow she's pretty. I hope they profile her a bit on the show. 

oh good, I'm not the only one lol. 

I hope she makes it ... team could use more diversity

Season 11 starts in August. No exact date has been announced yet. Maybe once tryouts start or TC candidates are announced, they will announced the date and time the new season will start.