Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, RhiRhi said:

Didn't we see Kinzie get sick at Oxnard one year? I thought that was filmed.

I assume TXStar is in Oxnard as she said 'maybe I'll see y'all in Oxnard this year'

YES! That's who overheated! Now I just can't remember who twisted an ankle or pulled something during the jump split

• Love 1

I think Ashley N did something to her knee right before Oxnard that year too.

Also, I think it is just a shadow/Melissa's abs.  I think she has been looking great lately.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, omgtv said:

I think Ashley N did something to her knee right before Oxnard that year too.

Also, I think it is just a shadow/Melissa's abs.  I think she has been looking great lately.

Oooo! Yep that's who it was (Ashley N - the injury happened in the same practice as Kinzie getting sick I think).  Does anyone have any ideas as to where to watch full episodes without signing in with a cable provider?  Mine (Comcast) wants me to upgrade to a "Sports Package" to get CMT which I won't do and I was waiting till I paid my most recent bill to dump them and go with another local cable co.

ETA - Kelli just posted a video from Oxnard

Edited by DCCFanInKy
clarity - add info
(edited)

Melissa is beautiful.  I don't see anything.  The rookie dancing beside Holly looks great!  Glad Megan is not there considering she had attitude towards a TCC!

Edited by Jazzmom
  • Love 1

I'm not sure why I'm so surprised Megan is on weight probation and couldn't go to Oxnard.  I guess I figured if you're golden with Judy and Kelly, you are above discipline.    

59 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I LOVE the two new dances. So glad they're rotating in some new ones.

my fave section was when jinelle/Erica/Lacey were up front for a minute. They'd make a great triangle next year!

Oh yeah, more Michelle Keys routines please. I wonder who choreographed "word up"? SG looked great performing them. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

I mean absolutely no offense when I say this, but this line made me laugh. ha! I would dare to say none of the girls would ever want to wear that, let alone the Cowboys allowing that.

The fabric is very rich and soft shockingly! It also has never wrinkled from my recollection.

I am not sure if the why Megan wasn't at Oxnard question has been answered, but she was taken off due to weight. I don't think that is a shock to anyone though. I also believe Kelli and Mandy were asked to attend due to the lack of blondes in the show group as well as their talent was needed! I have seen the new headshots and some are once again better than others both veteran and rookie alike. Some of my favorites were veterans Holly, Jenn K., Danielle, and Erica. Rookies, Selina, Jessika, Madeline, and Kelli.  I am anxious to see who gets to perform a solo at Meet the Team though! my guesses are Madeline, Mandy, Holly, Jenna, and possibly Melissa.

So glad to hear that Maddie had a great cameo!! I love her look but I know not everyone does so hopefully a beautiful cameo shot will help.  

As for vets, also great to hear that Holly's is better than last year.  I love that she really focused on modeling over the year to try to get more natural at it. Love her or hate her, girl works hard to improve what she can.  As for Erica I say again - girl cannot take a bad photo!! 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

One conversation doesn't mean a lot of vestment to me. 

Someone mentioned seeing Megan at point eventually. She's an amazing dancer and I like her, but I think weight will get her and she won't make it five years. Not that I would with the HD standards either. 

Yeah, that's my big drawback with her too, the weight issue.  As someone else said, she has genes working against her and a body type that is tricky with uniform. 

2 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Oooo! Yep that's who it was (Ashley N - the injury happened in the same practice as Kinzie getting sick I think).  Does anyone have any ideas as to where to watch full episodes without signing in with a cable provider?  Mine (Comcast) wants me to upgrade to a "Sports Package" to get CMT which I won't do and I was waiting till I paid my most recent bill to dump them and go with another local cable co.

ETA - Kelli just posted a video from Oxnard

Melissa is not one of my FAVORITES but I do love to see her interact with people...she always seems so warm and friendly, just someone who would be a lot of fun to talk to .  

• Love 2

Hi guys! Reporting from Oxnard with spotty connection. Mandy and Kelli signed the 2015 squad photo but off on the side. I made mention of them being new and not even being in the photo they signed to which they laughed and mentioned the whirlwind they've been on since Tuesday. They danced alongside the vets well and are great adds to the team IMO.

It was abundantly clear that Jenn is the head group leader if you will. She was the one giving direction and correction outside of Judy during rehearsal. She also said it was her fourth quarter so I'm sure she is retiring and going to get pbc and vet of the year. 

Phone's dying gotta run

• Love 11
9 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

I mean absolutely no offense when I say this, but this line made me laugh. ha! I would dare to say none of the girls would ever want to wear that, let alone the Cowboys allowing that.

Haha I guess I didn't word it correctly, but I meant something more along the lines of their training camp outfits. They look better in those than they do the actual uniforms honestly. I can't stand how the blue sleeves blend into the poms and it looks like they don't have hands.

• Love 2
(edited)
40 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

They will never, never ever ever lose the sleeves or the boots.

Because it's such an iconic uniform according to Kelli. 

ETA: Was nosy and looked up Kyndall's social media accounts. They're all locked or private. Has anybody ever followed her?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

They will never, never ever ever lose the sleeves or the boots.

Aha I know they won't! Someone asked about our thoughts about the uniform and I took it as a chance to rant. 

Kyndall hasn't made any "I was cut" posts and I follow her on a couple things. I saw this thread of comments though, so it sounds like she was indeed cut. 

Spoiler

image.jpeg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Because it's such an iconic uniform according to Kelli. 

ETA: Was nosy and looked up Kyndall's social media accounts. They're all locked or private. Has anybody ever followed her?

Yeah I do. It's not that interesting she doesn't post much. 

19 minutes ago, sunwave said:

image.jpeg

Hmm I know she has every right in the world to be soo annoyed getting cut the same night as team announcement and all that.. but does that hashtag comment seem a little bit snarky to anyone else? 

I don't find it too snarky for what I imagine she can say. I know it was her choice to try out again, but it hurts my heart to think she was let go from her job over it AND didn't make the team. I really wish they had taken her since they took Yuko and made the squad an even 38. 

Also, this is the second DCC thing I have seen Courtney Johnson reply a being a bit snarky (the other being Vivian's status about the promo). Makes me wonder if she is done trying out and won't be coming back.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, morningglory said:

I don't find it too snarky for what I imagine she can say. I know it was her choice to try out again, but it hurts my heart to think she was let go from her job over it AND didn't make the team. I really wish they had taken her since they took Yuko and made the squad an even 38. 

Also, this is the second DCC thing I have seen Courtney Johnson reply a being a bit snarky (the other being Vivian's status about the promo). Makes me wonder if she is done trying out and won't be coming back.

Wait i thought with Yuko it was 37? Did i miss something..

I don't think the post itself was snarky. Lots of former DCC and DMD posted a pic of them for #NationalDanceDay

(edited)
2 minutes ago, grapevine said:

Wait i thought with Yuko it was 37? Did i miss something..

Yes, I meant that I wish they had taken Kyndall as well to make it an even 38. I can't imagine how Kyndall felt to get cut the last night and have Yuko make it with all the favoritism that was given.

Edited by morningglory
2 minutes ago, morningglory said:

Yes, I meant that I wish they had taken Kyndall as well to make it an even 38. I can't imagine how it'd feel to get cut the last night and have Yuko make it.

Sorry- I misunderstood. I just am still interested to see how the Yuko thing plays out..Also not trying to be racist or nationalistic so I hope it doesn't come across that way, but Cowboys are known as "America's Team". I feel like the majority of the girls should be "american girls" that represent the US. I know the US is diverse and they have a diverse squad but when theres visa issues and a language barrier involved..hmm I just don't know.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, morningglory said:

I'm thinking the same about Courtney. She hasn't said a nice comment anywhere, to anyone about it, just slightly snide comments popping up everywhere. 

i didn't say the post itself seemed snarky, @grapevine, just that comment. Seems to be toeing the line a bit.

I totally get she has every right to be so mad and that's probably nothing to how she feels but Im thinking she won't bother trying out again? 

See I don't know now if there's something up with the whole DCC/CMT thing, or if "the rejected" KD, Courtney etc are just bitter? 

• Love 3

I laughed at their comments - the comparison to the bachelorette was spot on ?? #tonightsyourlastnight #thisisthefinalerosetonight

imo, it wasn't snarky at all. Just the truth! The Courtney thing is interesting, but I would have thought nothing of it had she not jumped on the Vivian/KD bandwagon. That got an eyebrow b

• Love 5

hahaha those comments made me like Kyndall more! I don't think it was snarky, I've truly thought the same things when i go between watching bachelorette and old DCC MTT episodes.  I think Kelli would actually laugh too since we know she watches the Bachelor franchise.  

• Love 2

I don't think Kyndall was snarky or rude at all. She is allowed to try to be positive and have a little humor about the whole situation, especially if she plans to reaudition. Which I hope she doesn't. They've been rude to her too much already, and I'm not really even a Kyndall fan. She needs a team that won't drag her around and then dump her last minute. 

As for losing her job - from an employers standpoint, if I knew an employee was running to the bathroom to practice, focused on something besides the job , and would most likely leave when they made the hobby team, it would factor in on retention. If people have to be let go, is let go the ones who didn't appear to make the job a priority. Dreams mean nothing when you're hired to perform tasks, being in revenue, etc. Kyndall sadly learned that the hard way. Her dreams are important to her but not her employers.

Courtney - now she's snarking a lot. She's burned her bridges. She won't be back. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

Is it the shadows or lighting or does Melissa need the next size up in bottoms? If I see what I think I see what is Kelli thinking? Even if Megan is on weight warning, what about Claire, Jax, Madaline and her pet, Yuko? 

I thought Melissa looked okay but Amy T. was looking a little wide in her shorts (and I hate myself for saying that!). But I guess that, if those are her shorts from last year, and she was okay then, she's okay now.  Surprised Charlotte would approve! ? 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Originalroux said:

I thought Melissa looked okay but Amy T. was looking a little wide in her shorts (and I hate myself for saying that!). But I guess that, if those are her shorts from last year, and she was okay then, she's okay now.  Surprised Charlotte would approve! ? 

I thought the same about Amy. Personally I like her figure and I like diversity of shapes on the team, but considering how rude the judges (Charlotte) can be about larger 'saddle' and 'thuts' and whatever else they say, I'm always surprised they let Amy in the team.

Having said that, I'm glad she is, but I never really understand what shape they like and which they don't, it all seems very confusing.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, morningglory said:

Did she lose her job because of TC? Missed too much time @ work?  Or did she quit it like Shelbi did in last season?

5 hours ago, Safefortheplanet said:

Another view of the opening day festivities :)  http://bit.ly/2ana2Yv  All of the Show Group members were terrific!

How about the announcer (who was that?) saying very clearly that the DCC have to have jobs.   Do all the girls on the current squad have jobs?

Anyone between Dalgal and TXstar or anyone else can confirm the reason why Kyndall was cut? Honestly I'm quite shocked especially since we've heard that she was doing well in training camp and almost was part of the team. Plus TXstar also said that her not attending the session wasn't going to affect her place in the squad. Plus this whole Megan issue.

i was really rooting for Kyndall so I just wanted clarification and confirmation because I'm quite confused.  

Also, last we heard Yuko came back only with the tourist visa? Will she be part of the squad photo if we aren't sure if she is eligible to work with her visa? 

Thanks! 

51 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

How about the announcer (who was that?) saying very clearly that the DCC have to have jobs.   Do all the girls on the current squad have jobs?

That's Jerry Jones. He gave a semi-long RAMBLING speech which talked about DCC needing to be mothers, going to school, having jobs, etc. His whole speech was so weird and disjointed but he praised the girls so there's that. He also praised each and every one of us (fans) for getting up every day and dealing with our credit card bills (?) and then gave the city of Oxnard 10K. The girls really had their game faces on with big bright agreeable smiles, and I salute them,  as most of my section was like WTF is this man talking about.

• Love 8

Are employment or school status verified throughout the year? I ask because a controversial DCC (im sure you can guess) dropped out of school and wasn't a mother/employed and remained on the team so I just wonder how often this is actually checked.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, pink317 said:

Are employment or school status verified throughout the year? I ask because a controversial DCC (im sure you can guess) dropped out of school and wasn't a mother/employed and remained on the team so I just wonder how often this is actually checked.

Former or current? Cassie?

• Love 1

It can be as little as one class -- you don't have to be a full time student even if they say that.

The also count MLM schemes like Arbonne and Beach Body as "jobs".

and supposedly even thise rules are relaxed or not applied to show group.

• Love 2

I don't think any of the "jobs" are too strenuous as you can imagine. Like former team member, Jasmine was pretty much just a liquor promo girl that got paid mostly with free booze but hey, it was a "job"

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Did she lose her job because of TC? Missed too much time @ work?  Or did she quit it like Shelbi did in last season?

We've heard two sides to this I the board, so I think what happened is somewhere in the middle. One side says she was let go for other reasons (cutbacks, boss not wanting CMT to film there, no supportive of Kyndalls dreams, etc. Basically a combo of things just not in her favor). Another said she was hyper focused to DCC and doing nothing but that, and was fired over it. 

Kyndall came off as very intelligent to me, and expressed she needed to work. However, if her employer doesn't give a hoot about what she does outside work, don't want filmed and don't care what her dreams are, they have every right to let her go. It's a tough lesson, but glad she learned it young and hope she finds a better fit. I'd rather see a person working in a career driven job than having three part time temp jobs to be a DCC.

Megan has those flared nostrils that can look mean if you start breathing hard. She's gorgeous, but I can see where that could look mean. 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I.love.this.dance

Agreed! I think it is great too.. It ends a little abruptly but it feels fresh compared to a lot of there other dances.

Holly has a great prominent position there, I'll be so interested to see where she is in the triangle thingy when it is the whole squad.

... Pyramid is it? Triangle just sounds wrong..

• Love 1