Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Maybe Kelli being so tiny with like 0% body aged her a bit and actually went against her?

i mean that is the ONLY thing I can think of.. I can't imagine she had a bad interview or didn't smash the choreo. Hmmm 

• Love 1

I've heard people say she's too masculine but and not HD friendly as well. How crazy is that?! Jealousy is a disease people lol!! No but she does get a lot of criticism for her fit physique. Crazy but true. I personally think she looks great!! I can't understand why they never noticed her full potential til now. I'm very happy for her

• Love 4

Mallory is totally awful!!! I don't get her at all. I don't know how she is still the coach. Why did so many leave this year and come to DCC? I know Mallory was the reason but what did she do this time hahaha?!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, AmberRP said:

Just watched the Dallas Cowboy snapchat, and the girls cheer on either side of a red carpet as the players get off the plane..that's why they're wearing boots with the tracksuit! They're wearing the full uniform (boots included) underneath since they have to immediately get off the plane and be in uniform to cheer. A lot easier to just take the pants and jacket off :)

I would think their sleeves would get wrinkled under that jacket. Maybe not.

• Love 1

I think you guys should stop responding to posts you don't agree with. You can't seem to do it without calling each other out. Maybe we should define calling out. Ex: CALL OUT = BAD

I think Dorothy is so angelic and that her journey has been one that was really heavily edited to make her seem more bitchy. She's the best on here and Toto even showed us how dogs feel when he licked her face! 

First of all you are looking at the wrong things. You have no idea what she did with the Tin Man that makes everyone hate her. Even that dog kiss was SO staged. It's too bad you have no idea what you are talking about. 

Ex: Same sentiment, not a call out to ANYONE.

I think Dorothy is so angelic and that her journey has been one that was really heavily edited to make her seem more bitchy. She's the best on here and Toto even showed us how dogs feel when he licked her face! 

NO QUOTE:

OMG Dorothy is the WORST. I cannot believe that what she did with the Tin Man. It was so gross. I hate that the show tries to manipulate us with obviously staged stuff like the dog kiss. 

Since this is a speculation thread you can speculate and no one can tell you what not to speculate on. EVEN if they have inside knowledge. Drop your info, answer questions if you like, but know that this board isn't a fan site and people can say whatever they want (within our guidelines). No one is allowed to go after posters attacking them for their posts. If you have any questions PM us. We are here for you guys! But this needs to be a place for everyone to feel comfortable posting not a place for infighting and accusations. Let's get this under control before the actual show starts.  

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I thought during thunder that some of the girls rotate at point

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

You're right. There's a big section where they're in lines and there really isn't a point. Holly and Jacie were the last two in the center.

jessica is gorgeous but from some of the former years videos of Oxnard, show group, etc. she looked half a beat behind and not going full force. I don't know if she's as qualified for point as Jenn or Erica. Surprisingly Melissa was also a half beat off a couple of times. 

I just don't know about Melissa in the triangle. They've had three blonds before, etc. so don't know why three brunettes would be bad.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, DancingForLife said:

Anyone have feelings about the uniform? I can't imagine dancing in a long sleeve poly blend blouse & I always wondered what kind of fabric the shorts are made out of?

Those things look scratchy and highly flammable :)

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

Those things look scratchy and highly flammable :)

That's why they have to be thin, if their thighs rubbed together it could create a spark and they would immediately go into "fireball".

• Love 20
26 minutes ago, DancingForLife said:

Anyone have feelings about the uniform? I can't imagine dancing in a long sleeve poly blend blouse & I always wondered what kind of fabric the shorts are made out of?

Honestly, I think the uniform is ugly. I hadn't heard of the DCC when I first started watching the show and when they first started singing praises about their iconic uniform, all I could think was "Who would want to wear that?!". The worst part is probably the poofy sleeves, I think it would look better if it was some sort of tank top with the vest (which I like), slightly longer shorts, and normal tennis shoes. I think dancing in boots is a ridiculous concept and looks kind of trashy, and don't understand why so many teams do it. At least for the DCC it makes sense with the whole cowboys thing, but still.....

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Dancemajor said:

Kelli was a Mavs dancer until Mallory cut her last year. She's an amazing dancer!! Goes to show what they let slip through the cracks.

She was also a TLD and a AAIA. I'm glad she finally made the squad.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

When the uniform was designed, the Cowboys bought up every bolt of that poly stretch fabric in the COUNTRY! How or if that actually happened, I don't know. But that's what I read in an interview with either Texie, Suzanne or the designer. Sorry, can't remember if I read that in Decade of Dreams or just an old clipping. The blouse, it is told, is made of a very durable poly blend that remains vibrant (DRINK WORD!) with repeated washing, as it is forbidden to take the uniform to a dry cleaner because someone may steal it. Eye roll. The stars made of plastic, crystals, a magnet and velcro are trade secrets according to Kelli.

To me it looks like a cheap fabric that would wrinkle a lot. Do all pro cheerleaders.have to clean their own uniforms or do they have someone do it for them?

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Is she at point or just standing there?

She's just standing there. The point is more toward the table/Kelli. It's most definitely Jennifer at the top of the triangle. Jessica is in Melissa's leg of the triangle.

2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

They dance in straight lines and lines have no point which is why the girl behind the point is a good position because she is fairly center in the straight line formation. Depending on the number of girls on the team, sometimes said girl ends up dead center on the 50 yard line (!) during the straight line formation. When the girls triangle up, they don't rotate the point, the same girls go the same spots. 

Edited by pink317
(edited)

I started a new cycle of episodes yesterday, where Auto Amy comes back with the short bob. Is that season 10? She was overjoyed to make it to finals, and she said it was her fourth time trying out and how she didn't want to give up on her dream. I admire that, and she's clearly worked hard to progress to where she is. And you can tell the judge's panel responded well to her improvement over the year(s) prior, so I see why they took her into camp this year. Kelli was concerned even then about her short legs, memory mistakes and low kicks, though. I've got to think memory mistakes are the hardest to fix, because picking up choreography is a gift. It can be improved, but it's just going to be easier on some than others.

Anyway, it got me pondering about the pressure cooker. Some of the women featured just handle it so much better than others, and I've got to think it helps K&J&C make up their minds. Who does well with change on the fly? Who is gracious through any awkward situation? Who loses their shit and cries when they think they might not get to fulfill their dreams? I'm someone who can crumble under pressure no matter how skilled I am when things are running smoothly, and I think quite a few of the TCC are the same. And I think a lot of the one hit wonders are the same. They fight so hard for this dream and then it's not all its cracked up to be, or they're exhausted from putting on this face. It's all part of performing, but man, sometimes you just get tired.

The other thing I was pondering was the lack of diversity on the team. I think based on the last census, the US is still approx 25-30% minorities, though Hispanics are projected to be up to 25% on their own by 2020. So you take the sheer number of minority candidates available that are the right age, size, and shape, layer in years of technical/studio dancing, plus willing to live in Dallas...there just isn't a huge pool to pull from. And I think K&J&C do want a well rounded, diverse team...one that reflects their fans. While there are clearly many AA and other minority candidates that have the years of dance background, there are probably just as many with great potential that didn't that Kelli and Judy want to give time to develop. Candidates like Alexandra are top of mind. Gorgeous, likable, great dancer but maybe just missing the polish that 15+ years in a studio will bring. And I know I always harp on this, but Training Camp is a paid dance job where they get 40+++ hours a week of dance training. I've got to think that for ANYONE with the desire to be a DCC, you'd want as much time as possible to absorb that knowledge and continue to hone your skills, particularly if you are someone who didn't have all of the advantages growing up. I have no idea about Auto Amy's socioeconomic situation, and then I think about candidates like Vivian that tell us all about it (with varying degrees of honesty.) Amy's factory job tells me that she probably wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth, and her five years of trying out and finally making it to camp tells me she's taken great care to hone her skills and keep developing. Maybe she'll try out for a sixth time next year and make the team. I wouldn't mind seeing that from a sheer perseverance perspective, and if she's gotten her head around handling the pressure cooker without tears (Maddie too!) and her body isn't an issue, then yay.

I hope my musing over minorities doesn't come across as prejudiced, because it's certainly not my intent. There are so many beautiful, talented, dancers of all ethnicities, and Dallas has such a diverse population. It would be great to see a DCC that reflected the city as a whole.

Edited by kalibean
Edited so I could try to fix formatting and paragraph breaks. The site is just killing me right now on several different browsers.
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

Lastly, I'm becoming a fan of Kelli Quinn. Can you give us any background info on her? 

Thanks for any info you can share.

She's 29 and is from MA. She was a TLD (2013-14), DMD (2014-15), AAIA (2015-16).

• Love 2
(edited)
44 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She's 29 and is from MA. She was a TLD (2013-14), DMD (2014-15), AAIA (2015-16).

Isn't crazy to find out where everyone is from?? I expected her to be southern.

And ages! She seems younger to me

Edited by grapevine
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

we typically hand wash or dry clean it. gotta get that spray tan brown out lol

Ugh spray tan! I try to keep mine up in summer. I prefer the one on one because they last longer, but you can't beat the convenience of planet tan. I can't imagine spray tan brown on the white shorts!! Yikes!!

• Love 2
(edited)
16 minutes ago, grabalifevest said:

Eeee! Love!! thank you!! 

Tried to really watch Kelli and Mandy...they look pretty good! Something about Mandy's face reminds me of Mackenzie. 

So Erica is still in a pretty good place right behind Jennifer. 

I was so afraid Kelli was going to look old or something but I take it back. She looks beautiful.  Jennifer is also looking more glam than ever - i love her hair these days!! 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 5

Jenn K and Melissa both look toned and tiny. I swear I know she's very talented technically, but Melissa always looks like doing something slightly different from the rest of the girls. It looks off. She looked the same way at Oxnard last year. Erica is in a very good spot, even if she isn't in the triangle. Actually ended up looking like a slightly better spot.

• Love 1
(edited)

If you click on the videos and open up youtube both of the people who posted those have posted the little girls performances and my gosh it looked like a hot mess (not the DCCs, the corralling of the kids. haha). Being in the sun all day dealing with a bunch [400+] of little kids who don't listen I'm sure they were exhausted at this point.

Edited by grabalifevest
  • Love 2
(edited)

It is the angle of the video. You can just see Amy clearly but Holly and the other two are blocked.

ETA: they are both of the same performance but I found the top one later and thought it was better so I just added it. 

Edited by grabalifevest
  • Love 1
(edited)

The videos will not play in my browser. Can someone send me a link or tell me how to find them? Pretty please ? I don't know what to search for on YouTube 

Edited by mcmrdh

I know Jenn K is like their poster child right now but I would love the triangle to be Erica, Jinelle, Lacey. And then in future years I can totally see it being Megan at point, Holly & Mandy/Amy T. 

I think Holly will be up in the triangle next year but don't think she'll stick for five. Jenn K is so good she deserves to be there. I'm thinking Erica next year. Actually wouldn't shock me if they put Holly up there next year. 

• Love 2

I wonder how long last year's rookie's will stay. 

- I could see holly actually doing 4. She started her freshman year of college so why not do all four years? Maybe? 

- Jenn posted her cameo and hash tagged #fourthquarter so I think she has decided this will be the final year for her

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dccfan37 said:

I wonder how long last year's rookie's will stay. 

- I could see holly actually doing 4. She started her freshman year of college so why not do all four years? Maybe? 

- Jenn posted her cameo and hash tagged #fourthquarter so I think she has decided this will be the final year for her

I could see Holly staying for a few years as well and moving up next year to one of the front three.  I don't think they'd make her point though - I really, really hope that next year it is Erica.  Unless Jenna stays for six, she'd be fine with me too at the point. 

Agree that Jennifer seems to be hinting it's her last year. Hey, go out on a bang! I predict she will get pro bowl this year as well.  She really seems to be loved and respected by all the girls. 

• Love 3