Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Just now, LaurenBrook said:

Dalgal has to be friends with her or some of her friends - I can find Whitney's page but can't see that status, just an older one from May.  

I was just posting the same thing 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

image.jpeg

Well, now we know for sure who the 1st cut was.  Awww, so sad that it was Whitney.  She's tried for a long time to make the team.  I wonder if she'll give it another go next year?  Or if K&J gave her the "thanks, but no thanks" vibe when she was cut?f

• Love 1

I'm kinda hoping the very tall girl makes it. Her legs are so much longer that half the males at the games will be passing out during the kick line. Plus, she wouldn't be the first girl who was selected because the guysnwould enjoy her on the field (I'm thinking of Emily from season 7 (?) who I always thought was gorgeous and a decent dancer). 

And if height is a reason for cutting someone, maybe they need to sharpen the requirements for tryouts -'no drumsticks for legs, no one over 5'5", etc. It would make Kelli's job a little easier.

• Love 3

I really like dalgal's comments. They're informative without having an 'I know something you don't' tone. 

Really tall Lindsay - if Megan is 5'9, Lindsay has to be 6'1 or 6'2". I bet her fan kicks are gorgeous and I'd love to see her leaps. Caila would've helped balance out really tall girl.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, I don't get that obsession they have with red, not everyone has a skin tone that can pull it off.

Yeah, and it fades so easily. It's tough to maintain that color if it isn't natural. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

we don't have a tape recorder in Kelli's office

But this^^ would make things sooooo much easier to find out, especially for those of us who suck at IG and FB sleuthing!!!!  ;)

• Love 1

AGREE. The one red head I've really loved since show started was Erica.  Hers was natural and SO pretty. Oh and Courtney (who was only on squad one year) was the only one that they made red that I liked. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

AGREE. The one red head I've really loved since show started was Erica.  Hers was natural and SO pretty. Oh and Courtney (who was only on squad one year) was the only one that they made red that I liked. 

Was Rachel red before? I liked her red

On Wednesday, June 08, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Oranaiche said:

Exactly why I love her. She's a very natural beauty in stark contrast to some of the pageant looking girls.

Disregard the quote above. Who the h*ll knows why it won't disappear?!

The fascination with red hair did NOT work out last season. Uneven, fading colors...but the overall hair styles...nothing too exciting or even modern.

There is a full body shot (cameo) from each of the 4 newly selected group leaders. Just to remind ourselves how poor the photography & overall styling was on cameo day. Look at Danielle who WE KNOW has beautiful hair...with that odd chunk of hair literally sticking out. I really, really HOPE they photograph these women to be as gorgeous as they really are.  Last time, it was just ridiculous. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Don't forget my favorite, Meredith!

ahhh!! Yes, I did like her too! Especially when she first made the team, it was so natural and pretty. 

3 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Was Rachel red before? I liked her red

Sometimes I liked the way her hair looked and other times I thought it was super harsh. Not sure if that's just lighting or if they did some tweaking once or twice. 

2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Sometimes I liked the way her hair looked and other times I thought it was super harsh. Not sure if that's just lighting or if they did some tweaking once or twice. 

There were certain times her hair was a brassy orange red and not a pretty red, I agree. 

If I wanted to be a DCC as much as these girls, I would of tried to teach myself all of their most famous dances prior to try-outs. You can find footage of them on social media. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DCCFAN71 said:

If I wanted to be a DCC as much as these girls, I would of tried to teach myself all of their most famous dances prior to try-outs. You can find footage of them on social media. 

I think people have noted before that that may not be a great idea since you may accidentally teach yourself some things incorrectly, etc.  But I agree, I'd at least be watching stuff to get a general idea of what's coming in the never-changing routines and moves like sexy hips. 

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I didn't realize Jessica was short, unless she's just surrounded by a group that's a bit taller

Jessica is tiny.  There is a shot of her in the locker room on squad photo day in their rookie season. Danielle is taking photos of Jasmin in her uniform and crying (out of happiness).  Jessica walks by. I think she is 5’1’ or so.

Edited by caligirl50

Reopening. Sorry, closing the topic wasn't the right call since the issue was with a few bad actors, not everyone. No warnings for anything to date but moving forward, personal attacks will result in suspension or ban.

• Love 7

I think going forward, any claims of knowledge of what is going on should have to be validated with a link or picture. the "he said, she said" is lame. Last year, that was all that was allowed. I think we need to go back to that. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Clb7L9tUYAA1RJl.jpg

I'm not crazy about Cersten's makeover. There are so many brunettes now she doesn't stand out as much. The highlights were fun and young, and it looks like local TV anchor hair now.

What happened to Raylee? In the swimsuit photos her hair is so red it's almost cartoonish.

57 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

I think going forward, any claims of knowledge of what is going on should have to be validated with a link or picture. the "he said, she said" is lame. Last year, that was all that was allowed. I think we need to go back to that. 

This thread is for speculations too and speculations don't require evidence and some of us enjoy hearing stuff even if there's no real proof yet. We should do like the mods say and ignore things that bother us.

• Love 14

I'm sad Whitney got cut. At least she was finally given the chance in training camp. Hopefully she can move forward and get closer to where she is meant to be 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 2134.dancer said:

That's fine, you are free to not engage in doing that. Others may, ignore it or not. Up to you. 

I'm changing the topic.

So apparently Emily sang as part of her audition in 2013. This was news to me. If she stays in the game long enough for show group auditions, I will be really interested to find out if she has talent.

2013 DCC Finals_Emily combo.jpg

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I was wondering about more cuts this week too.  Will there be a steady cut over the coming weeks or will it be a blood bath at the end?

also had no idea that Emily could sing. Hope we get to hear her this season!

And I think Emily looks really good with her hair the way they darkened it this season. It flatters her. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Originalroux said:

no drumsticks for legs

This is so funny to me!! (And I am 4'10' and most definitely have drumsticks!)  I wonder if she will say that again this year?

55 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I also found out that Tasha's real name is Natashalee and she used to do fitness competitions.

OMG! 

Also- Did anyone else notice that on the DCC twitter page there are only 2 pictures now?  I swear last night there were 4. 

• Love 1

Wow that fitness competition makeup is harsh. Does everyone do their makeup so cartoonish for those competitions?

I suspect we won't see any more cuts this week, K&J limit their visits to once a week yes? That means probably nothing until next week.

I had a friend who got into those figure competitions, and soon as she started doing it seriously, she transformed into exactly what Tasha looks like in that photo. Blonde blonde blonde hair, skin the color of patio furniture, and makeup you'd never wear in regular life. She scared me the first time I saw her in the full getup, but she only did it for comps. The rest of the time she looked normal. So I guess what I'm saying is don't judge Tasha too harshly. I think that's kind of the expected look if you want to win.

• Love 2

I love what I've seen of Certsen and I think she is quite pretty but my god I hate her hair. I thought they might have helped her style it a bit better after makeovers. And I really don't like how Selina curls her hair at the bottom. It looks like she has pig tails. Rant about hair, over.. 

• Love 1