Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I must be missing something...I really don't get all the horror and disgust over Hunter's routine? Her costume (down to the boots) looks almost identical to what Kaleigh wore last year and she made it to finals (AND Kitty thought her costume was so sexy and awesome) and I don't think the choreography is terrible or inappropriate for DCC. Girls has literally done everything across the spectrum and they are asked to play to their strengths (tap dancing and singing don't scream DCC to me but girls have done it and made it into TC).  I highly doubt Hunter not making it into camp has to do with her solo.  As many have said, she isn't very technical and it probably showed on the DCC choreography.  I think her figure is beautiful and so is her face but maybe it didn't rank to them compared to some of the other girls.  Who knows. But dang, I am honestly confused as to why everyone is horrified by this solo.  It's powerful, it's fun and she is entertaining.  

I even liked Kat's and thought it was beautiful, but i do agree in that case that this was the year she needed to mix it up and show she had learned to be big, powerful and hard hitting. 

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

When are DMD try outs?

DMD- 07/09/16

other teams:

DSIG- 07/24/16

TLD- 07/31/16

AAIA, TSD, DSD, TRD, MMDD  (usually in August; no date yet)

I love the music Hunter chose (Crazy Train) for her solo. Better than the stuff the girls usually choose. (JMHO).

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I wonder if Hunter will go back to Mavs

She's got time; auditions aren't until 07/09. Curious to see how many others cut @ finals and TC will try out for other teams. Wonder if Kat or Caila will.

AAIAs Kelli and Amy posted pics of themselves and their  TCC letters.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She's got time; auditions aren't until 07/09. Curious to see how many others cut @ finals and TC will try out for other teams. Wonder if Kat or Caila will.

I really hope Caila does, Kat too she's not getting any younger but age doesn't matter so much in other teams! I remember seeing an article on a professional cheerleader in her 40s!

2 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

WOW! They really don't have a lot of blondes

Yes!! Only 4 vets, guess they are going for diversity this year and veering away from the all American blonde! That or they just didn't like a lot of the blondes or not a lot showed up at prelims lol

14 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Another version of the photo

I noticed none of the HD unfriendlies  (Miss Bring it On - Broadway vet) made TC - imo.

Now, let me just say this..I KNOW this will sound mean. A few candidates were in dire need of a relatively simple procedure - the rhinoplasty.  I know what I'm talking about cause 36 yes ago, I had one. By 17 or 18 your features are adult & the nose can be worked on. My poor daddy's schnoz looked like hell on my small face. It changed my life...like braces or lasik. 

A few TC candidates won't make it back EVER imo based strictly on their faces. That ginormous HD screen is such a killer..so unforgiving.  Without naming names, a few had the moves & figures but the "mugs" = nope.  I believe 2 ladies could be helped exponentially by a nose job.

Like my plastic surgeon said to me, many, many moons ago; " Your face is an island with your nose directly at center. If it's too big or crooked or even too small, all the other features get lost".

• Love 2
(edited)

BSG - There's plenty of red/auburn heads on the team: Stephanie, Raylee, Claire, Holly, and Jennifer. They need a few more blondes. :)

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Which TC candidate will end up being turn into a redhead because Stephanie is the only redhead on the team.

Probably a brunette. I can't see them changing a blonde to a redhead.If they would have picked Jamie, they would already have another  redhead.

Edited by MrsEVH

I've always wondered how coaches from other teams feel when their girls try out for dcc, don't get in then try out for them again (like if hunter goes back to dmd). Like they're the fall back teams to try out for haha 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Sunnydays5691 said:

Is there a place we can see snippets of the final dances? Sorry, new here and not on IG.

I don't have an IG either. I'll just go to a girl's Twitter and look for an IG link to anything she posted. Once I click on it I have access to her account; unless it's private.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I must be missing something...I really don't get all the horror and disgust over Hunter's routine? Her costume (down to the boots) looks almost identical to what Kaleigh wore last year and she made it to finals (AND Kitty thought her costume was so sexy and awesome) and I don't think the choreography is terrible or inappropriate for DCC. Girls has literally done everything across the spectrum and they are asked to play to their strengths (tap dancing and singing don't scream DCC to me but girls have done it and made it into TC).  I highly doubt Hunter not making it into camp has to do with her solo.  As many have said, she isn't very technical and it probably showed on the DCC choreography.  I think her figure is beautiful and so is her face but maybe it didn't rank to them compared to some of the other girls.  Who knows. But dang, I am honestly confused as to why everyone is horrified by this solo.  It's powerful, it's fun and she is entertaining.  

I even liked Kat's and thought it was beautiful, but i do agree in that case that this was the year she needed to mix it up and show she had learned to be big, powerful and hard hitting. 

ITA - don't see anything at all wrong w/ Hunter solo - looks like the same stuff the more powerful dancers do every year - along w/ some cool "wow" tricks.   That can't be why she didn't make TC IMO.

• Love 4

For the poster who wondered about Stephanie's solo outfit (too many pages to go back to find it). Here's her audition outfit from last year. Looks like she just added an apron to it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think it is missing some things that the girls really need to show like high kicks, big leaps, pretty feet, splits etc and then it has a fair amount of what I might call booty popping or twerking.  Judy would say she is making the best of what she has to offer.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

The one judge Christine,posted it was the hardest judges discussion in her 15 years of being a DCC judge.  I really think the new judges were fearless/clueless and did not bow down to Charlotte.  

Kristi Scales.  6 hours is a long time.

• Love 2

I don't see anything wrong with Stephanie's red hair. I like it. I think she looks good with brown or red hair.

Thanks for the 411 on who won the FF vote, dccfan37.

I'm still rather bummed Jamie didn't make TC. She's auditioned and made finals at least 3 times. Too bad she couldn't quite make that last push into TC. :(  I don't think she'll audition again.

I thought this pic was nice. :)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I did not mind Amy in Season Nine, but last season she seemed to be desperate about making the team. I know her scenes were probably edited, but her words and actions came from her and not the camera. I am still "meh" about her, but I am willing to see if her dancing, kicks, and most importantly, her attitude has changed for her being able to be a good fit for the team.

While it's true that her words do come from her, producers have a way of manipulating and badgering you to get you to say what they want to hear.  They'll ask the same question repeatedly or in different ways to make it more appealing and to add drama to the show.  I wonder if some of these girls think "If I say what the producers want to hear, I'll get on Kelli and Judy's good side" or maybe they're too afraid to push back in any sort of way.  Case in point - Kinley Minchew a few years back who shut it down after her interview panel when Judy asked about the pageant timing and in her "one on one" interview with CMT gave the very brief response of "They asked questions and it was fine".

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I'm not horrified and disgusted by it. I just don't think it's a good routine. But you're right- she's not a technically gifted dancer, so maybe it's her best. I'm more surprised that's what Michelle Keys came up with.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Is Danielle's foot bandaged again? What is girlfriend doing to herself?

I think she has a dance shoe on one foot

(edited)
27 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Is Danielle's foot bandaged again? What is girlfriend doing to herself?

Hmmm...

Maybe it's the way the light is reflecting on Danielle's face, but her nose looks A LOT longer than it did a year or two ago. Perhaps she has a case of Pinocchio-itis that she caught from her old roommate, Paige. 

Edited by TiaGrace
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

Hmmm...

Maybe it's the way the light is reflecting on Danielle's face, but her nose looks A LOT longer than it did a year or two ago. Perhaps she has a case of Pinocchio-itis that she caught from her old roommate, Paige. 

Really? Lol. Her nose looks fine to me.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 2:13 PM, California Girl said:

Okay, that was exhausting.  I just sat down and watched the audition videos back-to-back-to-back-et al.   In the end, I found that it was easier to grade A+/A, A/A-, A-/B+, B+/B, and then circle whether I thought they were more A+ or A, and so-on and so-forth.  Complicated, I know, but I want to submit a good evaluation and ranking.  I know nothing about any of these young women, except for those ladies who were featured in previous seasons, so I have no inherent biases.

My A+/A girls were Cersten (65) and Selina (28).  The A girls were Brooke (7), Megan (66), Mandy (36), Madeline (101), Royesha (17), the A/A- girls were Heather (12), Hunter (08), Brennan (81), and the A- were Maggie (54), Emma (06), Tess (75), Whitney (22), and Jackie (73).

I had a number of candidates at the A-/B+ level, including standouts Yuko (83), Allie (43), and Minerva (100), Kelli (30), Kylee (13), and Christi (70).  Celinda (85) was a disappointment as she started out very strong, but then forgot the choreography.  So much potential, I think, if she can remember her choreography. 

Of the twenty-two girls I noted in my previous evaluation, quoted above, thirteen made the cut.

The young ladies who stood out in my evaluation, and more importantly, who made the cut into the 2016 DCC Training Camp were Cersten (65), Selina (28), Mandy (36), Madeline (101), Heather H. (12), Brennan (81), Tess (75), Whitney (22), Jackie (73), Yuko (83), Allie (43), Kelli (30), and Celinda (85).

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Shan18 said:

I've always wondered how coaches from other teams feel when their girls try out for dcc, don't get in then try out for them again (like if hunter goes back to dmd). Like they're the fall back teams to try out for haha 

Or they make TC, get cut and go back to their old teams like Courtney J and Vivian.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Of the twenty-two girls I noted in my previous evaluation, quoted above, thirteen made the cut.

The young ladies who stood out in my evaluation, and more importantly, who made the cut into the 2016 DCC Training Camp were Cersten (65), Selina (28), Mandy (36), Madeline (101), Heather H. (12), Brennan (81), Tess (75), Whitney (22), Jackie (73), Yuko (83), Allie (43), Kelli (30), and Celinda (85).

When looking at the A+, A, A- girls there were 15 and you picked 9 of them correctly so good job.  Maybe we should put your name forward as a "fan judge"!

• Love 2

I have to wonder how the judges's deliberations went for Kat Rodgers. Even though I saw it again and again on the forum here that Kat would get cut, I gotta say I was very surprised. I guess I believed that Kelly and Judy liked her so much that they would forgive her lack of power and projection like they did when they put her on the team.  She seemed to be loved by rookies and vets alike. She seemed so sweet and well liked. 

I don't think we have seen the last of Kat Rodgers. I hope she pops up on my TV again one day. I can see her on the next season of the bachelor but I would love to see her as the Bachelorette. 

• Love 3

I've always wondered how coaches from other teams feel when their girls try out for dcc

They're probably used to it by now. I bet it doesn't go over as well for other teams in other places, but in Dallas, doesn't everyone want to be a DCC? I bet most of the directors of those other teams either were DCC or wanted to be at one point in time.

Even though I saw it again and again on the forum here that Kat would get cut, I gotta say I was very surprised.

I know what you mean. The things that are "wrong" with her performance are the same things that were wrong last year. Last year it was ok, but this year not? I guess maybe they gave her a chance last year, and she didn't run with it and get tons better in that year. And they probably saw several girls in this year's talent pool outperform her, so it was curtains for Kat.

• Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

I have to wonder how the judges's deliberations went for Kat Rodgers. Even though I saw it again and again on the forum here that Kat would get cut, I gotta say I was very surprised. I guess I believed that Kelly and Judy liked her so much that they would forgive her lack of power and projection like they did when they put her on the team.  She seemed to be loved by rookies and vets alike. She seemed so sweet and well liked.  

I believe Kat was well liked among the DCCs, and well liked by Kelli and Judy. When watching S10 of MTT and since in photos and clips, she seems like a really nice, classy girl. But we've all seen through the years that just because Kelli likes you enough to initially overlook some style issues, weight issues, etc. doesn't mean it gets overlooked for a second year unless there's significant improvement. 

Many have speculated (taken from comments at S10 TC) that Kat's power and projection just weren't enough to match the rest of the DCCs. And IMHO, her relying on her rhythmic gymnastics skills for a second year again showcased her fluidity rather than her power.  I bet there was a LOT of deliberation about her.

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

When looking at the A+, A, A- girls there were 15 and you picked 9 of them correctly so good job.  Maybe we should put your name forward as a "fan judge"!

"Fan Judge" is a great idea!   I will clear my calendar for late May 2017 now :) 

As I mentioned before, though, I remember the original Making The Team Special, and was a regular by Season 1 (Starr Spangler anyone?).  So I guess I learned something along the way. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, California Girl said:

"Fan Judge" is a great idea!   I will clear my calendar for late May 2017 now :) 

As I mentioned before, though, I remember the original Making The Team Special, and was a regular by Season 1 (Starr Spangler anyone?).  So I guess I learned something along the way. 

Absolutely I remember Starr and I remember in the pilot there was a shorter girl, perhaps not slim who seemed to have lots of personality and Kelli and Judy liked her and when they came to announce the team, she was off despite community service etc. For some reason I think she was going to be a 3rd year girl.  The announced it while girls were sitting in some low bleachers outside.  Does anyone remember this-2 hour pilot

• Love 1
(edited)
23 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Absolutely I remember Starr and I remember in the pilot there was a shorter girl, perhaps not slim who seemed to have lots of personality and Kelli and Judy liked her and when they came to announce the team, she was off despite community service etc. For some reason I think she was going to be a 3rd year girl.  The announced it while girls were sitting in some low bleachers outside.  Does anyone remember this-2 hour pilot

I remember that 2 hr show. but not sure who you're talking about. I do remember rookies Starr, Melissa R (Jersey girl),  Deanna Hernandez who made the team.

Also TCCs Mikell  who was cut and Elizabeth cut without ever being called in. 

Vet Misty who let TCCs Melissa and Elizabeth stay at her home..

I think they announced the TCCs on the field at Texas stadium. There were 2 vets cut but can't recall their names; just they were upset and crying.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1